• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 669.
#3801 4 years ago

Without grammar, there's nothing to do in this thread except rehash old dismay about Deeproot while we wait, and wait, and wait... How about that old logo. Kinda looks like a bum hole. New one looks far too busy. Anyone have an alternate deeproot logo to post?

#3802 4 years ago

dnaman - Stern are a huge part of the U.K. market, but I think they are a huge part of all markets currently aren't they?

We get games from CGC, Spooky, JJP, Homepin, American Pinball, Team Pinball, etc. but the market gravitates to Stern pricing because, either:

- It reflects true market costs and is correct
- It is the bench for price positioning

If deeproot truly can revolutionise manufacture process, or work at lower margins, or streamline supply chain, or balance their lines more effectively, or reduce warranty exposure, or whatever their way to adapt the MRSP to a lower level, then I believe that bench will move.

It's a funny time for pinball, supply is up, as is demand undoubtedly, but probably not at the same factor of supply - yet from my eyes, pricing is increasing solidly. Economically, this doesn't make sense.

#3804 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

dnaman - Stern are a huge part of the U.K. market, but I think they are a huge part of all markets currently aren't they?
We get games from CGC, Spooky, JJP, Homepin, American Pinball, Team Pinball, etc. but the market gravitates to Stern pricing because, either:
- It reflects true market costs and is correct
- It is the bench for price positioning

Stern owns a huge part of the U.K. market because it pumps out the most machines...

The pricing of Sterns in the U.K. are definitely not a bench for price nor market costs... Prices in the U.K. are price fixed by Stern and Electrocoin making us the most expensive place in Europe to purchase a NIB Stern... Hence the arguments on www.pinballinfo.co.uk over people bring machines in from France and Europe

#3805 4 years ago

Maybe DR has online components and they don't want to deal with a European data center and GDPR? That's 100% a guess, but something I run into at work all the time. I can't make certain product offerings in the UK/Europe until it makes business sense for me to spin up environments there.

Privacy laws have made it too restrictive for me to spread the goodness internationally.

#3806 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Maybe DR has online components and they don't want to deal with a European data center and GDPR? That's 100% a guess, but something I run into at work all the time. I can't make certain product offerings in the UK/Europe until it makes business sense for me to spin up environments there.
Privacy laws have made it too restrictive for me to spread the goodness internationally.

All probable. However, greatly limits their reach. So now all their sales goals have to be accomplished without filling shipping containers full of pins.

#3807 4 years ago

Going global on a first release could be a logistics nightmare if they're new to it. Better to have the machine all set up for 120v and nail down domestic before going overseas. They only have one chance at a first machine launch.

I'm sure other countries will come with time.

#3808 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Going global on a first release could be a logistics nightmare if they're new to it. Better to have the machine all set up for 120v and nail down domestic before going overseas. They only have one chance at a first machine launch.

this.. spooky refused to sell amh outside of america because of issues with voltage and safety. they were too young to take on everything.

#3809 4 years ago

They wrote "at this time".

Robert already talked about that.
Said something about that they're looking into things/ already talk to people regarding european distribution.

Will the games launch internationally at the same time?
Propably not.

But American Pinball got Houdini over here quite fast so it seem manageable.

#3810 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

this.. spooky refused to sell amh outside of america because of issues with voltage and safety. they were too young to take on everything.

They still do in a way since the games are not CE certified and therefore may not be imported to private collectors...
It'd get stuck in customs.

I bought my TNA over my business because of that.

#3811 4 years ago

Just thinking about UL, CE, CSA, EMC, FCC and everything else makes me cringe. I've dealt with all of that before and it's a process that takes time to not only get through, but also to generate an internal process for submission and tracking. So much paperwork and waiting. You think you're all set and then there's more questions, more diagrams, more drawings. Now that i think about it, i'm glad i just deal with computers and I'm not in manufacturing anymore.

Container shipping and customs is a whole other mess.

#3812 4 years ago

so did deeproot take care of the zidware and magic girl guys? I thought I read that deeproot was making an announcement on how they were going to take care of you guys around June 1st. Has this happened?

#3813 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

so did deeproot take care of the zidware and magic girl guys? I thought I read that deeproot was making an announcement on how they were going to take care of you guys around June 1st. Has this happened?

laughing girl.giflaughing girl.gif
#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Just thinking about UL, CE, CSA, EMC, FCC and everything else makes me cringe. I've dealt with all of that before and it's a process that takes time to not only get through, but also to generate an internal process for submission and tracking.

CE is a cake walk compared to UL because CE means self certified. If it's UL rated that means someone has taken the time to make sure proper materials are used, that things "fail safe" if they do fail. Often that comes at a price of not only better materials / components, but it's not cheap to have UL certify your product (several thousand just to have a meeting, then testing, then documenting), plus you have to pay a maintenance fee for UL to come audit your production line to make sure you're still making the product the same way and not changing parts without their knowledge.

FCC is a nightmare too. Even if all your components are FCC certified, you have to have each board certified as an assembly, then if you have multiple boards all those boards have to run and make sure there isn't interference between them, and they don't cause interference with any devices you might be carrying within an acceptable limit.

#3815 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I asked them how they would go about getting games into the U.K. and got a reply stating they "do not plan to sell internationally at this time"

More games than the rest of the industry combined, selling exclusively to the US.

Interesting.

Quoted from yaksplat:

Almost everything that has been spoken about so far is a logistical nightmare ... so I don't see how that wouldn't be in keeping. Also, it really isn't that difficult to set up international sales and service channels.

#3816 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Yes.

#3817 4 years ago
A9C864EB-CEFF-4130-83DB-E3A7793480AA (resized).jpegA9C864EB-CEFF-4130-83DB-E3A7793480AA (resized).jpegFE298AD4-B51F-454E-BDC2-A810D8F55380 (resized).jpegFE298AD4-B51F-454E-BDC2-A810D8F55380 (resized).jpeg
#3818 4 years ago

what was the outcome? games, money refunded? where was it posted?

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

what was the outcome? games, money refunded? where was it posted?

Yes, yes and here as well as TWIP and DR Webpage I guess.

So in short how I understand it:
Since no games are ready to ship NOW, you can choose to decide later wich game you want or get a refund.
When the games will be shown and ship was also communicated, just look on TWIP, you know the date.

#3820 4 years ago

Looks like a female George Jetson

Doesn't do anything for me

DRAngela (resized).JPGDRAngela (resized).JPG
#3821 4 years ago

I think it looks good. More interested to see how they will manufacture games, but they have some good artists on staff...cool.

#3822 4 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Doesn't do anything for me[quoted image]

I’m not a fan of her but if you see George Jetson, I need to get out to Colorado and smoke what’ve been smoking.

C53A4187-21CD-4186-A67C-962D6E8C9D03 (resized).jpegC53A4187-21CD-4186-A67C-962D6E8C9D03 (resized).jpeg
#3823 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image]

What's with the weird Ariel haircut with the massively high bangs? And only one ear but two red things on the same side of the head.

#3824 4 years ago

She's a fucking Martian what is wrong with you people?

#3825 4 years ago

Whatever she looks like she surely doesn't look like « Hey we spent 10 million dollars and got 20 artists working for a year »

#3826 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Exactly I have no idea how people can be so critical about a cartoon LOL

#3827 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

'my favorite martian' contemplates deeproots future.

myfavoritemartian01 (resized).jpgmyfavoritemartian01 (resized).jpg
#3828 4 years ago

How about a picture of a mech. Just a little sneak peak.......

#3829 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

How about a picture of a mech. Just a little sneak peak.......

There are no mechs, mechs are a part of the old dusty pinballs.

#3830 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The art is good, but for pinheads it needs to be amazing!

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Piqued your interest #grammerWars

Can Haz Moore Ture Pix!

#3832 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They really put a fucking dot in their Instagram username?
Amateur hour...

#3833 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The rack reminds me of Nurse Diesel's.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3834 4 years ago
Quoted from riverinapinball:

The art is good, but for pinheads it needs to be amazing!

Appears to be true - just read through all the complaining in the Oktoberfest thread!

#3835 4 years ago

I prefer the Zidware art. Sure it’s cartoons, but there was something sexy about the characters that this deeproot alien seriously lacks.

#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I prefer the Zidware art. Sure it’s cartoons, but there was something sexy about the characters that this deeproot alien seriously lacks.

I'd hit it.

#3837 4 years ago

But that's not a standard!

Tag team?

#3838 4 years ago

It's really hard to do something new visually with characters. I've seen much, much worse concept art. I agree the old Magic Girl art was more modern/sexy/visually appealing. This looks designed to capture the 50+ audience nostalgic for pinups and ray guns. If so, it's a success.

It'll be interesting to see this character in final form on the playfield/screen/magical device they're creating.

#3839 4 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Doesn't do anything for me[quoted image]

Looks like something drawn for a kids sticker book more than pinball art. Doesn't do a thing for me either.

#3840 4 years ago

Hmn.. I thought Deeproot would have some sick artwork in the pipes.

Hopefully they don't have the Tech down and have bad Art direction

#3841 4 years ago

Personally I will NOT buy a game with that type of artwork, it reminds me of say TNA, or Lexi Lightspeed, no thank you! I want photo realism not campy cartoon artwork. Personally I can't understand why Lexi Lightspeed is worth so much, the artwork looks silly, it must be because they didn't make it to the finish line. Hey Deep Root aren't you planning on being around for a long time? Then make games with artwork that we want to see in a collection. Stern is seriously slacking on adding features to their games, however their artwork is usually incredible. This looks horrible.

After making people wait a year and a day and then some, let's hope their first game is licensed, and brings serious innovation to pinball.

You don't take this long to reveal a silly martian girl. Lets hope for something better! I have serious high hopes for deep root, I'm expecting them to push all of pinball into a new generation of tech. C'mon lets go!

#3842 4 years ago

Don Bluth remains king of sexy cartoons. DR should reach out to him if they want to go down the road of cartoon characters that give the youngest and oldest alike a boner. See Kimmy (space ace) and Daphne (Dragons Lair).

#3843 4 years ago

I'll take original over licensed any way. Why shoehorn an existing IP into something when there's so much potential to come up with something original.

#3844 4 years ago

That artwork is probably like 1% of there catalogue, I'm sure they have all different styles. Why get so upset over a picture.....

#3845 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

But that's not a standard!
Tag team?

Apparently. DeeprootMatt doesn't like us talking about having sex with the alien chick LOL

#3846 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Personally I will NOT buy a game with that type of artwork, it reminds me of say TNA, or Lexi Lightspeed, no thank you! I want photo realism not campy cartoon artwork.

Oh goodie... World Poker Tour is for you.

#3847 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Apparently. DeeprootMatt doesn't like us talking about having sex with the alien chick LOL

He's just jealous

#3848 4 years ago

I’m digging the art work they keep posting-

EBFADD72-7612-4BF7-8587-3330D662511D (resized).jpegEBFADD72-7612-4BF7-8587-3330D662511D (resized).jpeg461C51AF-5BC0-4553-893A-F7E9182FEA67 (resized).jpeg461C51AF-5BC0-4553-893A-F7E9182FEA67 (resized).jpeg3A634413-03DC-429E-BA61-027FEC961AA1 (resized).jpeg3A634413-03DC-429E-BA61-027FEC961AA1 (resized).jpegDEB9B76E-64A6-473B-ADF4-6914137D67D0 (resized).jpegDEB9B76E-64A6-473B-ADF4-6914137D67D0 (resized).jpegBC73A468-0D13-4597-A0EF-E456E5BF3360 (resized).jpegBC73A468-0D13-4597-A0EF-E456E5BF3360 (resized).jpeg
#3849 4 years ago

Nice but what's the art for?

#3850 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Nice but what's the art for?

I followed the link back to their Utah studio page. http://deeprootstudios.com/

but no idea. and they have 31 twitter followers, so dunno who its supposed to be for.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/77?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.