View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 672.
#3751 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Just to add to the grammar mix, a comma before a coordinating conjunction is perfectly fine if it aids the readability of the text - especially when the conjunction is coordinating longer independent clauses. It allows the reader to take a 'mental breath'.
I don't know whether to buy a Wonka or wait for deeproot to come out with something. I have a blank space in my line-up, and some cash in my pinball pot (a bit goes in from my wages each month!) Hmm. I just wish they'd say *something* more than they have so far!

Commas are required with coordinating conjunctions, no exceptions, but if you read the quoted sentence, the conjunction is not coordinating. A coordination conjunction (and, but, or, for, nor, yet, so) requires indpenendent clauses on either side; otherwise, the conjunction is just a conjunction and does require a comma. Commas with conjunctions that are not coordinating happen often, and in the case provided, one could be used. I just wouldn't use one, and it's definitely not required.

#3752 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Commas are required with coordinating conjunctions, no exceptions, but if you read the quoted sentence, the conjunction is not coordinating. A coordination conjunction (and, but, or, for, nor, yet, so) requires indpenendent clauses on either side; otherwise, the conjunction is just a conjunction and does require a comma. Commas with conjunctions that are not coordinating happen often, and in the case provided, one could be used. I just wouldn't use one, and it's definitely not required.

Looking forward to the sub-thread about the Oxford comma

#3753 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Commas are required with coordinating conjunctions, no exceptions

I agree with everything you said there, Tranquilize, except the bit above. "Bob liked pinball but he played it like a fool." That's a compound sentence with a coordinating conjunction (two independent clauses with finite verbs) but doesn't really need a comma. IMHO anyway - it could be a UK/US difference thing. Potato/potato/etc.

deeproot - how about releasing some tasty information pronto, otherwise this thread will degrade further into grammar?!?!

#3754 4 years ago

Sorry. Deeproot people won't post here now because they're afraid their grammar will be criticized.

#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

deeproot - how about releasing some tasty information pronto, otherwise this thread will degrade further into grammar?!?!

And tax law. Not surprisingly, most people don’t know much about either subject.

#3756 4 years ago

I'll downvote any grammar, interpunctuation, etc. posting starting now.

#3757 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

And that's only 1250 machines....
What about 5000 machines at an estimated $4000 profit? 20 million..
Even if it cost 4 million to develop a game (which is an insane number), there is still a shit ton of money on the table.
You guys are nuts if you think these guys aren't making money.

Don’t figure 50% profit. These aren’t iPhones or video games. More like Automobiles look at the small profits on those.

#3758 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

And that's only 1250 machines....
What about 5000 machines at an estimated $4000 profit? 20 million..
Even if it cost 4 million to develop a game (which is an insane number), there is still a shit ton of money on the table.
You guys are nuts if you think these guys aren't making money.

It came out a year ago on a podcast a distributor said Stern games cost $4300 to $4400 so a $4000 profit is doubtful as for the podcast the distributor got in hot water and asked the podcast to take that episode down

#3759 4 years ago

I heard DR was coming out with a pin based on the band "Culture Club"

Called "Comma Chameleon"

Yuk yuk ( - :

#3760 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don’t figure 50% profit. These aren’t iPhones or video games. More like Automobiles look at the small profits on those.

More like automobiles before car makers introduced common platforms thus lowering development cost to something much more scalable.

#3761 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

I agree with everything you said there, Tranquilize, except the bit above. "Bob liked pinball but he played it like a fool." That's a compound sentence with a coordinating conjunction (two independent clauses with finite verbs) but doesn't really need a comma. IMHO anyway - it could be a UK/US difference thing. Potato/potato/etc.

To me, a comma should be in your example.

#3762 4 years ago

So your saying it is like South Park and underpants = profit

https://vimeo.com/79954057

#3763 4 years ago

see it all makes sense

southpark (resized).jpegsouthpark (resized).jpeg
#3764 4 years ago

Hello all! So their has been some discussion on the deeproot article after the tour, and your of course open to you’re opinion on it! There up to quite a bit they’re to, definitely peeked my interest. Planning on an article to be released on TWIP in the next couple weaks!

#3765 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Hello all! So their has been some discussion on the deeproot article after the tour, and your of course open to you’re opinion on it! There up to quite a bit they’re to, definitely peeked my interest. Planning on an article to be released on TWIP in the next couple weaks!

Sooo, we have devolved into article releases from DR, since pin releases are not on the horizon! Lmao!

#3766 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Great ! Looking forward to it

#3767 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Piqued your interest #grammerWars

#3768 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Keep looking! Its a lot more grammar problems than just that. I mean, “it’s” a lot more...

#3769 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Keep looking! Its a lot more grammar problems than just that. I mean, “it’s” a lot more...

Oh, thank god your grammar was a joke post. I was worried you got a concussion.

I’ll just leave this here...

ADA9DA2E-B5D3-49C9-861D-7BE379376B38.gifADA9DA2E-B5D3-49C9-861D-7BE379376B38.gif
#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Oh, thank god your grammar was a joke post. I was worried you got a concussion.

Just trying to get this grammar thread back to a pinball thread in the most obnoxious way possible

#3771 4 years ago

@pin2d I see what you did there lol

#3772 4 years ago

As a new reader to this thread, this grammar thing is so stupid.

So

Stupid

Back on topic

This company continues to be the x factor - the hammer that's about to drop but where is it. I'm excited if it hits as I appreciate their view and approach of wrecking havoc on the Pinball scene but they have to deliver soon otherwise the approach falls flat.

I'm still hoping for an nwo type crash on a show completely unexpected as it would match their outsider attitude

Deeproot - that would be epic. Never done before. I know you're saying don't expect too much by end of year but that's the perfect opp to drop it..... And shock the world.

I also hear about this Pinball scene opposition to a company coming in and disrespecting and therefore the support from the collector's won't be there. That's bullshit. Collector's want quality so if deeproot brings it, we'll be here to buy it even if they won't admit it now.

Bring it. Period

#3773 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bring it. Period

You forgot to put a period at the end of your sentence.

#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

A2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gifA2AFA653-4FF4-496B-B8D9-C5E8864BE8CA.gif
#3776 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Oh damn your right. Its true all I noticed was the common misspelling of "piqued". I could care less about all the other mistakes I cant bare to see.

#3777 4 years ago

I wish this thread would die until new DR Pinball news is released.

#3778 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I can understand the hatred from those who JPOP screwed. But what I dont understand is why the "ill will" towards DR? Yeah yeah the bluster comments probably could've been left out, but being excited about your own product is cool too! If they release AIW damn straight I'm ordering one. Missing deadlines .... is it really that big of a deal? I also dont see them holding anyones money hostage (excluding the JPOP mess) so not trying to be an ass but seriously ask really why all the hate? And to the haters, will you actually refuse to purchase a game even if it's majorally out of this world awesome?

I don't know if you're new here, but I can see your account is new. The hate runs very deep around here because of the laundry list of new manufacturers (scammers) that have run wild through this hobby over the last half dozen years or so. Thousands of dollars lost by many members on this forum alone, and JPOP(the delicate genius) being the biggest scumbag of them all.

There's endless threads on pinside about all of these clusterfucks and from what I've read from DR so far, they sound like they're cut from the same cloth. Big talk, but no discernible action. Maybe im wrong, since they're not holding onto anybody's money yet, but typically that's the next move. Which of course would inevitably be followed by countless broken deadlines and promises. Time will tell and its time for DR to walk the walk. Just my 2 cents

#3779 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

It can very easily.

#3780 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I confess that I'll be sporadically checking this thread. After all that the preorder customers have endured, I have to know whether the final Zombie Adventureland art package will include bacon.

#3781 4 years ago

Mmmm, Bacon & Pinball

#3782 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

see it all makes sense[quoted image]

In Japan this is a real business model. Vending machines and everything.

#3783 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I will ALWAYS correct this one because people love to use it, yet it's almost always spelled wrong. It's shocking how much "professional" text goes out with this spelled wrong.

Just a quick news search brought up these ones and dozens more from recent broadcast blogs/op-ed (no, a [sic] was not used on the op-ed). Pathetic:

https://www.wgnsradio.com/op-ed-democracy-dies-in-the-darkness-by-state-rep-mike-sparks-cms-50466
https://kfgo.com/blogs/out-loud/939/the-reason-the-camera-phone-was-invented-hits-close-to-home/
https://seekingalpha.com/article/3004126-nanotech-entertainment-on-the-verge-of-something-big

#3784 4 years ago

Moderation notice: Please end the grammar wars. Period.
This is the Deeproot thread... but you're welcome to open a grammar thread in the "off-topic" sub-forum!

#3785 4 years ago

Well, there goes the thread count!

#3786 4 years ago

Yeah I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the proposed character design posted above. That looks nothing like any RAZA art we've seen pitched before.

#3787 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah I'm surprised nobody has said anything about the proposed character design posted above. That looks nothing like any RAZA art we've seen pitched before.

Yes I wonder if they didn’t make changes due to copyright infringement. If I remember correctly there were a handful of possible problems (attack from mars alien/etc). I’m also surprised no one commented that the aliens breasts should be much larger! I know she’s alien but come on this is pinball!

#3788 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moderation notice: Please end the grammar wars. Period.
This is the Deeproot thread... but you're welcome to open a grammar thread in the "off-topic" sub-forum!

and here I was enjoying the discussions on comma placement.

#3789 4 years ago

AaAAaaaahhhh
The tension......
Come on Robert give us a peak!

#3790 4 years ago

I asked them how they would go about getting games into the U.K. and got a reply stating they "do not plan to sell internationally at this time"

That's a shame, I am still of the opinion they could be a positive disruptor to the industry - especially around pricing. It just seems that "at this time" they won't be a disruptor with much impact outside of the U.S.A. I am hoping this changes before launch.

https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/news/deeproot-pinball-do-not-intend-to-sell-internationally-at-this-time/

P.S. - do not criticise my grammar, us Brits invented the language, we will do so with it as we choose.

#3791 4 years ago
A9223CBF-B3B4-4B50-9E37-516CF2167624 (resized).jpegA9223CBF-B3B4-4B50-9E37-516CF2167624 (resized).jpeg6A40D920-3EDD-408C-9AC6-57D076845227 (resized).jpeg6A40D920-3EDD-408C-9AC6-57D076845227 (resized).jpegB31643CB-9320-4408-AAF9-1D23A181954E (resized).jpegB31643CB-9320-4408-AAF9-1D23A181954E (resized).jpegBFB261C1-04B4-4B55-B945-F10CEB3EF134 (resized).jpegBFB261C1-04B4-4B55-B945-F10CEB3EF134 (resized).jpeg
#3792 4 years ago

RAZA, full code and jam packed for 5k would be a great way to start!

#3793 4 years ago

Is it just me or when you hear RAZA do you think of Kid Frost?

FBE4EC0D-EFC9-4C0D-B089-BD8463D0BAC4 (resized).pngFBE4EC0D-EFC9-4C0D-B089-BD8463D0BAC4 (resized).png
#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

P.S. - do not criticise my grammar, us Brits invented the language, we will do so with it as we choose.

And the best book ever.

E7BA5BAA-BB49-49B9-9861-C44F5FDF653B (resized).pngE7BA5BAA-BB49-49B9-9861-C44F5FDF653B (resized).png
#3795 4 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

And the best book ever.[quoted image]

Do you like it because "the pictures are easy to read"

Please take this as a joke it was intended to be - that can get lost over the internet sometimes.

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

I asked them how they would go about getting games into the U.K. and got a reply stating they "do not plan to sell internationally at this time"
That's a shame, I am still of the opinion they could be a positive disruptor to the industry - especially around pricing. It just seems that "at this time" they won't be a disruptor with much impact outside of the U.S.A. I am hoping this changes before launch.
https://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/news/deeproot-pinball-do-not-intend-to-sell-internationally-at-this-time/

It’s not like Stern ships half their product overseas or anything.

#3797 4 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Do you like it because "the pictures are easy to read"
Please take this as a joke it was intended to be - that can get lost over the internet sometimes.

And the chicks are hot.

But back on topic, those that have taken DR tours, do the machines have art packages applied or are they still whitwood. The RAZA teases, make me think the art is close to done on some games.

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

Drain it, thread is dead to you! So easy, even a caveman could do it!

#3799 4 years ago

She is quite conservative. Need a bit of cleavage so I choose the far right one.

#3800 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It’s not like Stern ships half their product overseas or anything.

I assume by this;

"That's a shame, I am still of the opinion they could be a positive disruptor to the industry - especially around pricing. It just seems that "at this time" they won't be a disruptor with much impact outside of the U.S.A."

... that JamesUK is speaking specifically for a positive disruptor to Stern, who essentially owns the market there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/76?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.