• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 669.
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Except that's not what happened. I don't make a habit out of pointing out errors in grammar/spelling etc. But, when someone is being a dick head, the fact that they cannot differentiate the most basic of words only ruins their argument. What if someone was in a public debate, and hell... he even made some good points. But, the entire time he said things like, "me tell you this," and "me think this." You're telling me that wouldn't sway your opinion on the man/his stance?

Grammar police are the worst. Yes it can be frustrating to see words spelled incorrectly but it doesn't change their message and just makes the person calling it out look petty and small. Most of us got over it a LONG time ago. You should too.

#3702 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Except that's not what happened. I don't make a habit out of pointing out errors in grammar/spelling etc. But, when someone is being a dick head, the fact that they cannot differentiate the most basic of words only ruins their argument. What if someone was in a public debate, and hell... he even made some good points. But, the entire time he said things like, "me tell you this," and "me think this." You're telling me that wouldn't sway your opinion on the man/his stance?

Methinks arguing grammar on the interwebs is a futile effort.

#3703 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Grammar police are the worst. Yes it can be frustrating to see words spelled incorrectly but it doesn't change their message and just makes the person calling it out look petty and small. Most of us got over it a LONG time ago. You should too.

I never grammar police; however, it is a tough one for me because, if I misuse or misspell a word, I want it to be pointed out so that I avoid doing it in a context where it may matter. I'm not talking about obvious typos, but incorrect words and usage. I'll be chomping at the bit to see all the flustrated people casting there downvotes.

#3704 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yes it can be frustrating to see words spelled incorrectly but it doesn't change their message

Quoted from NoQuarters:

Time marches on.

thyme weights four know juan.

#3705 4 years ago

Grammar and spelling mistakes are an indication that people can‘t be bothered to proofread their posts.

#3706 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Grammar and spelling mistakes are an indication that people can‘t be bothered to proofread their posts.

796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg796DA2B5-6BE2-4AAF-9D72-135BB788B775 (resized).jpeg
#3707 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

it can be frustrating to see words spelled incorrectly but it doesn't change their message

Yes, it literally changes the message. You're wrong. Your wrong...
Two different messages.

#3708 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes, it literally changes the message. You're wrong. Your wrong...
Two different messages.

And both of them have nothing to do with pinball.

#3709 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I can understand the hatred from those who JPOP screwed. But what I dont understand is why the "ill will" towards DR?

It’s called a “dick tease”.

#3710 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

True,
Or voice to text and figure people should be able to comprehend what is being conveyed.

#3711 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

True,
Or voice to text and figure people should be able to comprehend what is being conveyed.

Not to belabor the point, seriously, but no one was critiquing any post about not comprehending it. If your time is so precious that you can’t be bothered a couple extra seconds to make sure you aren’t posting something that makes you sound like a neanderthal (voice to text not being an excuse) it might be time to evaluate why you are posting at all... or at least be tough enough to take a bit of ribbing about your bad spelling or grammar.

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Looks like nothing new here. Maybe will check back again in a few more months.
Time marches on.

Jpop is noodling.

#3713 4 years ago

Ooh, a bunch of new activity in the Deeproot thread. Maybe some new info about they're games has come to light?
Or 12 posts about grammar.

#3714 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

when someone is being a dick head

Dickhead is one word.

#3715 4 years ago

Is pinball hard, I forgot?

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#3716 4 years ago

Please keep the pinball thread about pinball and not spelling or grammar. Thanks!

#3717 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I never grammar police; however, it is a tough one for me because, if I misuse or misspell a word, I want it to be pointed out so that I avoid doing it in a context where it may matter. I'm not talking about obvious typos, but incorrect words and usage. I'll be chomping at the bit to see all the flustrated people casting there downvotes.

No need for the comma after "because" because it is functioning as a conjunction before a dependent clause. Also, no comma before "but" as it is not functioning as a coordination conjunction, just a plain old conjunction. These don't matter very much, so you may not care.

#3718 4 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

thyme weights four know juan.

LOL

#3719 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I'll be chomping at the bit to see all the flustrated people casting there downvotes.

Their/there is a common mistake. Use 'their' when you mean something owned. Use 'there' to indicate direction.

As in: 'DR was supposed to have their booth right over there, but they canceled because they have nothing to show.'

Also 'flustrated' should be 'frustrated.' As in, 'I bet this grammar post will really make people with no sense of humor really frustrated.'

#3720 4 years ago

Most pinball made in a year!

#3721 4 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

Their/there is a common mistake. Use 'their' when you mean something owned. Use 'there' to indicate direction.
As in: 'DR was supposed to have their booth right over there, but they canceled because they have nothing to show.'
Also 'flustrated' should be 'frustrated.' As in, 'I bet this grammar post will really make people with no sense of humor really frustrated.'

That's two, what was the third one?

#3722 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

No need for the comma after "because" because it is functioning as a conjunction before a dependent clause. Also, no comma before "but" as it is not functioning as a coordination conjunction, just a plain old conjunction. These don't matter very much, so you may not care.

You sound like my wife! She was an English teacher and is always getting after me about dependent clauses, improper antecedents and all that other esoteric stuff!

#3723 4 years ago

If any TWIP insiders want to PM or email me the story on the deeproot tour I'd be happy to post here.

#3724 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If any TWIP insiders want to PM or email me the story on the deeproot tour I'd be happy to post here.

Lol.

While I personally would like to be a TWIP Insider, 20$ for not being elegible for most of the stuff as I understand it, is a bit too much.

Still I like that people here are classy enough and support Jeff and not blandly post that info here and ruin his business model.

In short: Don't post it here altough I'd like to know.

#3725 4 years ago

I've revised my opinion from "deeproot exists to scam people out of preorder money" to "deeproot exists to pose as a viable business, scam money from investors, and provide a healthy tax write-off when it inevitably fails".

#3726 4 years ago

So, when’s the first Deeproot pin coming out? Is it RAZA?

#3727 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Also, no comma before "but" as it is not functioning as a coordination conjunction, just a plain old conjunction.

Just to add to the grammar mix, a comma before a coordinating conjunction is perfectly fine if it aids the readability of the text - especially when the conjunction is coordinating longer independent clauses. It allows the reader to take a 'mental breath'.

I don't know whether to buy a Wonka or wait for deeproot to come out with something. I have a blank space in my line-up, and some cash in my pinball pot (a bit goes in from my wages each month!) Hmm. I just wish they'd say *something* more than they have so far!

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

I don't know whether to buy a Wonka or wait for deeproot to come out with something.

I'd wait. Wonka was completely underwhelming for me. Felt like Dialed In 2.0 with slot machine visuals. Blah. Callouts were sparse and generally crappy, too. Get something else and enjoy that for a year or so then see what Wonka (or GnR by then!) looks like. Have you played ACNC? I was completely surprised at how much I enjoyed that one when I didn't expect to. Give that a look. Also, Deadpool Premium is firing on all cylinders with the most recent software updates. It's turned into a GREAT game - another possibility.

#3729 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

and provide a healthy tax write-off when it inevitably fails".

So they are purposely losing money to gain money on the tax write-off?
Assuming corporate tax rate of 21%
So deeproot blows $1000 in order to make $210?

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

So they are purposely losing money to gain money on the tax write-off?
Assuming corporate tax rate of 21%
So deeproot blows $1000 in order to make $210?

You're forgetting the millions of dollars from investors they've already secured.

#3731 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

You're forgetting the millions of dollars from investors they've already secured.

How does that play into tax deductions?

#3732 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd wait. Wonka was completely underwhelming for me.

Yep I'll take that advice, I think. I know it's early code - especially with the rather underwhelming movie clip integration - but I have a DI and I'm not sure Wonka goes far beyond that. Apart from the rotating trapdoor.

OTOH, look at what happened with BM66!

On balance, Vireland, I think I'll wait.

#3733 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That really depends on how sleazy their accountants and lawyers are. As it stands, don't be surprised if the only people who benefit from this bogus pinball enterprise long-term are deeproot Capital Management LLC, and the lucky designers and artists who are pulling paychecks to make the company seem viable.

#3734 4 years ago
1D98F509-B93D-4D2D-A189-968AB12AC94C (resized).jpeg1D98F509-B93D-4D2D-A189-968AB12AC94C (resized).jpeg3F9FC240-CE53-4150-9B6C-118BF41113E3 (resized).jpeg3F9FC240-CE53-4150-9B6C-118BF41113E3 (resized).jpegB78FC379-C525-412C-91D3-91F6957E9AA1 (resized).jpegB78FC379-C525-412C-91D3-91F6957E9AA1 (resized).jpegE208A349-9CA7-475A-9961-06F1E13E41F7 (resized).jpegE208A349-9CA7-475A-9961-06F1E13E41F7 (resized).jpegE4567848-90A0-4DCE-9785-90254EAB9097 (resized).jpegE4567848-90A0-4DCE-9785-90254EAB9097 (resized).jpeg
#3735 4 years ago

Didn't Jpoop or someone on his staff do all those years ago?

#3736 4 years ago
Quoted from ThisNotes4U:

Is pinball hard, I forgot?[quoted image]

Who made this whitewood?
I see John but cannot read the last name

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I see John but cannot read the last name

John K Manueian or John K Manuelan

LTG : )

#3738 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

John K Manueian or John K Manuelan
LTG : )

Thank you Lloyd!

#3739 4 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

That's two, what was the third one?

Do tell!

#3740 4 years ago
Quoted from FlippinJB:

Yep I'll take that advice, I think. I know it's early code - especially with the rather underwhelming movie clip integration - but I have a DI and I'm not sure Wonka goes far beyond that. Apart from the rotating trapdoor.
OTOH, look at what happened with BM66!
On balance, Vireland, I think I'll wait.

Yeah, but Batman '66 took 2 years to get good, and 18 months to get to just acceptable. So yeah, you can always come back to Wonka in 2 years and see how it's doing, but why suffer through its public beta?

#3741 4 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:

That really depends on how sleazy their accountants and lawyers are. As it stands, don't be surprised if the only people who benefit from this bogus pinball enterprise long-term are deeproot Capital Management LLC, and the lucky designers and artists who are pulling paychecks to make the company seem viable.

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

#3742 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How exactly would deeproot Capital Management benefit from if they fail? How do "sleazy accountants" make this work?

Uh... they make a good machine??

Geez..

#3743 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Step 1: Lose a bunch of money in pinball
Step 2: Hire Sleazy Accountants for write offs
Step 3: ?
Step 4: Profit

#3744 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Dickhead is one word.

Only if they’re being a jerk, otherwise...wow.

#3745 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

#3746 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They don't. Some of the most idiotic commentary on Pinside.

Is it surprising? No, because there are some dumb ass idiots on here.

DR better sell a shit load of pins or there will be a lot of people F ed.

The "write off" angle is pure stupidity.

#3747 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They don't. Some of the most idiotic commentary on Pinside.
Is it surprising? No, because there are some dumb ass idiots on here.
DR better sell a shit load of pins or there will be a lot of people F ed.
The "write off" angle is pure stupidity.

That was a little harsh.

#3749 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Deep root isn’t the only company the owner is involved with, and that would appear on his taxes

#3750 4 years ago

That second link is pendants' paradise!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/75?hl=wrb1977 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.