• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 669.
#3651 4 years ago

Mr. Bublehead, I am glad I brought a good laugh over to you. Cheers mang.

#3652 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time.
— Robert dT

A singular instance of gb with said problem, cool story bro.
GB is one of the most routed if not the most operated on location pinball of this decade. Therfor these games work way more time than not or there wouldnt be so many out on location.

#3653 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That isn't quite accurate.
Gary kept the doors open in the worst decade in coin op ever. Look at the year the investor came in. And the games Stern made leading up to it. They were rolling, the investor made things bigger, better, faster.
LTG : )

Correct but the Stern MVP helping Stern on many logistical fronts this decade is George Gomez.

#3654 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Correct but the Stern MVP helping Stern on many logistical fronts this decade is George Gomez.

I just want to know who was the guy that said "let's cut the Lily and Dragula 4 target stand up banks to "mono" banks and put 1 switch on each end therefore cutting out 2 switches from the BOM on each. This will save us a couple bucks per game." Penny wise, pound foolish. This one descision has made Munsters completely un-buyable for many such as myself. As far as Black Knight goes, why put that upper playfield on the le and premium that noone wants? Why not put that money towards an awesome Black Knight bash toy? No effing stand up target in front of him, but an authentic bashtoy with force-feedback and moveable effing parts. A black Knight that at the very least turns his head from side to side with a simple fucking cheap servo? Goddam it Stern! I bought NIB simpsons pinball party ($3700 shipped) and Walking Dead premium ( $6500 shipped) NIB because of their awesome combination of mechs and code. Good luck.

#3655 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

And that's only 1250 machines....
What about 5000 machines at an estimated $4000 profit? 20 million..
Even if it cost 4 million to develop a game (which is an insane number), there is still a shit ton of money on the table.
You guys are nuts if you think these guys aren't making money.

Noone said that.

But how do you make 4000$ profit a game when a pro only goes for 5,5k?
(And do you know what "profit" is, when you don't include development?)

If DR sells us a Ferrari for a Fiat pricetag (wich for me would be everything less then the Stern Pro Pricepoint) I don't see a 4k profit margin.

#3656 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How can you even joke about this jackass, lying sack of shit crook?

You Wang

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I just want to know who was the guy that said "let's cut the Lily and Dragula 4 target stand up banks to "mono" banks and put 1 switch on each end therefore cutting out 2 switches from the BOM on each. This will save us a couple bucks per game." Penny wise, pound foolish.

Asked and answered at the seminar at TPF. They like how the big tall target plays. No one made a big deal of this when it was on guardians and Metallica...

#3658 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Noone said that.
But how do you make 4000$ profit a game when a pro only goes for 5,5k?
(And do you know what "profit" is, when you don't include development?)
If DR sells us a Ferrari for a Fiat pricetag (wich for me would be everything less then the Stern Pro Pricepoint) I don't see a 4k profit margin.

Obviously what I meant was what they are pulling in from retailers. Id be willing to bet though that a retailers profit margin is a lot smaller.
As far as Deep Root goes, no idea. Right now its seems like some talk and logo designing.

#3659 4 years ago
Quoted from Drewscruis:just another fart in the wind.

Doesn’t this describe the entire Internet?

Anyway, none of this hot air will mean a thing if they actually deliver. The discussion is fun to watch in the meantime.

#3660 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Obviously what I meant was what they are pulling in from retailers. Id be willing to bet though that a retailers profit margin is a lot smaller.
As far as Deep Root goes, no idea. Right now its seems like some talk and logo designing.

WTF?! - So if Stern (hypothetically) sells a Stern Pro for 4000$ to a Retailer, that 4000$ is "profit"?!

THAT IS NOT "PROFIT"!!!

That is "revenue"!!!

Profit is what is left after EVERYTHING is paid for. The parts, the manufacturing and the design process that takes a lot of man hours over a year.

(Yet everyone shits on Robert Müller, laughing at the self proclaimed experts.)

So for Deeproot missing their launch goals there will be nor "profit" at all with the first couple of machines.
But it'll give them data to project sales and if it's feasible to continue to get out of the red.

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

My Utah creatives are pretty amazing right?
— Robert dT

86B9AFF5-7994-4533-8035-BF72DE192D7B (resized).jpeg86B9AFF5-7994-4533-8035-BF72DE192D7B (resized).jpeg
#3662 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Asked and answered at the seminar at TPF. They like how the big tall target plays.

It plays like crap. No skill in aiming for it. Can you imagine if Williams took this approach when they made Sorcerer? Just make a big mono target and hit anywhere on it enough times to spell Sorcerer. No aiming for the specific standup needed to light Sorcerer. Yeah, that sounds like fun.
I call bs. It was a lame attempt to save a few bucks in wire and stand ups.

#3663 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

WTF?! - So if Stern (hypothetically) sells a Stern Pro for 4000$ to a Retailer, that 4000$ is "profit"?!
THAT IS NOT "PROFIT"!!!
That is "revenue"!!!
Profit is what is left after EVERYTHING is paid for. The parts, the manufacturing and the design process that takes a lot of man hours over a year.
(Yet everyone shits on Robert Müller, laughing at the self proclaimed experts.)
So for Deeproot missing their launch goals there will be nor "profit" at all with the first couple of machines.
But it'll give them data to project sales and if it's feasible to continue to get out of the red.

ugh... I cant have a conversation with you. You win lol.

#3664 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

And that's only 1250 machines....
What about 5000 machines at an estimated $4000 profit? 20 million..
Even if it cost 4 million to develop a game (which is an insane number), there is still a shit ton of money on the table.

Because no one is selling 5k pinballs... that's the super cherry on top Metallicas and ACDC maybe reaching those levels. Stern hits those kinds of levels after YEARS of sales on a title.

You keep flopping around on what numbers to include... you sometimes count dev, sometimes try to count operations and production.. sometimes with the 'if we were world champion production numbers'.. but never all together

Take a look around at who is in pinball production... its Stern and a bunch of passion project people. Not one big time company involved... why is that if there is so much money to be made like you suggest?

Because all those people know it's a slow, high risk, high cost business without high enough returns.

#3665 4 years ago

Jack just called me collect, he said he is doing just fine.

I wasn’t suggesting 5000 of one title. Stern releases two machines a year typically. It was just a rough number with no real timeline attached to it. I stand by what i said originally. No one is in business to be broke with the intent of dragging their business across finishline. I wont base numbers on Pinside either, there is a whole world out there outside of this place. Pinside doesn’t represent the current state of anything. Its just a place where enthusiasts can gather.

#3666 4 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Jack just called me collect, he said he is doing just fine.
I wasn’t suggesting 5000 of one title. Stern releases two machines a year typically. It was just a rough number with no real timeline attached to it. I stand by what i said originally. No one is in business to be broke with the intent of dragging their business across finishline. I wont base numbers on Pinside either, there is a whole world out there outside of this place. Pinside doesn’t represent the current state of anything. Its just a place where enthusiasts can gather.

nothing stated here was based on pinside... and Stern releases more than 2 titles a year... nothing you've cited has been remotely correct.

you started off correcting people about Stern in 2008... now you're citing wrong numbers from today... you dance and throw shit out haphazardly to dodge being solid on anything. You're ill informed.

#3667 4 years ago

I apologize i may not be up to date on Sterns release frequency. I dont live on the Internet. Im just a guy who has been playing pinball for a very long time. This isnt the thread for this type of talk so i will end it here. What i will say though is people will tell themselves anything to justify paying $10,000 for a pinball machine. I know i do the same, but i do not justify that cost by saying to myself they need to charge these prices because they are on the edge of going under.

#3668 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Why would a bird appear from an ahole?
Thats a weird logo
And why the cracks?
Oooo crack... i see
Whell thats just eggceptional

An homage to the first pinball with flippers?
Conversely, if those are supposed to be the roots of a tree, why the pinball meteorite?
Personally, I see an eye injury caused by an air ball breaking the backglass.

#3669 4 years ago

No update from TWiP this week, I guess we'll have to wait to find out how the tour went.

#3670 4 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Asked and answered at the seminar at TPF. They like how the big tall target plays. No one made a big deal of this when it was on guardians and Metallica...

This is the company that said the broken orbit on Game of Thrones on the Prem/LE was "as designed" after "working on a fix" for months and just putting a disable option in the code, walking away from fixing the CLEAR problem that screwed up a major component of Martell mode.

What Stern and their agents SAY in PUBLIC and the (sometimes private) REALITY of the situation are often two very different things.

#3671 4 years ago

I have been waiting for my flight because of a delay in Dallas due to GPS satellite problems and I want to thank everybody on this thread for providing me entertainment to make the wait go a lot faster. Keep posting your thoughts!

BTW, I hate flying through Dallas!

#3672 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

I have been waiting for my flight because of a delay in Dallas due to GPS satellite problems and I want to thank everybody on this thread for providing me entertainment to make the wait go a lot faster. Keep posting your thoughts!

You've been waiting on your flight for 5 days?? (:

#3673 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballonthemark:

BTW, I hate flying through Dallas!

Worst Airport on planet. I think it holds my record for taxing to gate after landing, miles. And my longest gate transfer every, 2 terminals and trams and miles of walking.

#3674 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Worst Airport on planet. I think it holds my record for taxing to gate after landing, miles. And my longest gate transfer every, 2 terminals and trams and miles of walking.

Ugh. Try Midway in Chicago for punishment. LaGuardia and LAX for close runner ups with honorable mention to Atlanta. I'd rather drive sometimes.

#3675 4 years ago

Hopefully TWIP releases their info tomorrow. Right now the Deeproot Tour info is only privy to "Insiders".

#3676 4 years ago
0B966A11-8469-414B-9C2F-C9DF19CC4CB7 (resized).jpeg0B966A11-8469-414B-9C2F-C9DF19CC4CB7 (resized).jpeg
#3677 4 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

[quoted image]

She has some cool art on her portfolio. At least deeproot knows that contract artists are relatively cheap and most pinheads will buy anything that looks remotely good before playing it.

#3679 4 years ago

From the article:

"Here’s what was passed along – just a note that there is some conjecture here, but I’ll try and keep that to a minimum:

Their official/unofficial motto is: “Pinball for the masses,” trying to convey that their designs are focused on more than niche themes. This probably means that another heavy metal rock band isn’t high up on their list.

They have a strong team of experienced animators, “around 40 people” with experience at Disney (Disney Infinity was specifically mentioned), Lucasfilm, Weta, EA and others. While this talent favors the film industry, they also have people with experience in creating video games. Because of this, expect their games to have high-quality animations and artwork.

They are working on both licensed and non-licensed themes. It wasn’t indicated how many tables are in development right now.

They have hired people who are “established” in the world of pinball, covering both design and manufacturing.

One of those people is a well-known pinball designer, but they couldn’t say who at this point. UPDATE: Pinball fans have been talking about DR for a while and say that three designers have been confirmed as working on new concepts for DR – Barry Ousler, Dennis Nordman and John Popadiuk. Unsure if they meant another unannounced name or not, or if they were just being careful.

Their machines will use a combination of “traditional parts” along with new 3D printed parts. The latter could mean the toys, or it could also mean new kinds of non-traditional mechanisms.

The wait for their new games will not be “years”

They are working on trying out new ideas with audio, so that games are more accessible for new players, while still offering the depth that pro players have come to expect from a game of pinball.

My brother asked them if they would have a display on the playfield like Heighway Pinball did with Full Throttle and Alien. They said no.

One thought I had about that last point is that they could certainly employ projection mapping into the mix. I’m just waiting for a time when such tech will become mainstream in pinball, as I personally think it is the next big step (since we’ve already had RGB LEDs and HD displays serving as innovations).

While this isn’t a detailed look at a game, I think it’s a nice introduction about what to expect from this newcomer. Deeproot has people in Utah and Texas with most of the development team in Utah by what was passed along to me (which is also why they would pick this particular convention to introduce themselves at; the convention in the past was second only to the San Diego Comic Con in terms of attendance).

I have reached out to one of the team members for more info and will pass it along when there is something to discuss. Until then, what do you think about deeproot by what you’ve heard so far?"

#3680 4 years ago

They sure do know how to use a lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

#3681 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

what do you think about deeproot by what you’ve heard so far?"

I'll always think of comments like this, "outdated and uninspired". Trampling on the companies and people who actually made the pinball machines we love, enjoy, and can play.

Thankfully my arcade will continue into the future without ever having a deeproot game in it.

LTG : )

#3682 4 years ago

2 month old article that was already posted here by the author himself and noone notices but uses the oppotunity to post the same answer as every other tine ...

#3683 4 years ago

Same ol', same ol'.

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

2 month old article that was already posted here by the author himself and noone notices but uses the oppotunity to post the same answer as every other tine ...

Old News, nothing new to see here.

#3684 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The wait for their new games will not be “years”

Hasn't it already BEEN years?

#3685 4 years ago

I say good luck to deep root and I hope they blow everyone else outta the water. Not sure why some here are acting like bitchy ole women. Their not the problem their hopefully the solution to a big problem created by someone else. Some of you need to go back to your holes and let deep root do their thing. Go get'em deep root make em all pay for their fuddy duddy-ness.

#3686 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hasn't it already BEEN years?

Not since april.

#3687 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I say good luck to deep root and I hope they blow everyone else outta the water. Not sure why some here are acting like bitchy ole women. Their not the problem their hopefully the solution to a big problem created by someone else. Some of you need to go back to your holes and let deep root do their thing. Go get'em deep root make em all pay for their fuddy duddy-ness.

So "their" is possessive. It basically means "they own." Now "they're" is different. It's tricky. It means "they are."

A little tip: remember "they're" is simply "they are," but replacing the "a" with an apostrophe.

This way, next time when you're being a jerk to people, they won't immediately disregard what you say simply due to poor grammar.

#3688 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

This way, next time when you're being a jerk to people, they won't immediately disregard what you say simply due to poor grammar.

or just be really condescending to win over the people with grammar policing on a pinball website

#3689 4 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

or just be really condescending to win over the people with grammar policing on a pinball website

Are you under the impression that using correct grammar is only appropriate on certain types of websites? Is attacking someone’s incorrect grammar somehow more offensive to you than being called a, how did he put it... oh yes, “bitchy ole woman”?

#3690 4 years ago

I love the internets conversations
can't we just enjoy the pinball hobby and discuss things without moaning about bs crap

I hope Deeproot knocks it out of the park at a reasonable price
Will they, who the F knows...
just have to wait and see, and in the meantime I'll be flipping some pinball

lighten up francis

#3691 4 years ago

5000 days of deeproot coming soon!

#3692 4 years ago

The more pinball companies the better. I'd love to see a ton of real competition. That drives innovation and hopefully pushes the prices down some.

#3693 4 years ago

If Deeproot kicks down the door with 4 awesome pins at once, all with great pricing, I will drop $20k without hesitation and buy them all. I think people are greatly underestimating the impact they could have.

#3694 4 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

If Deeproot kicks down the door with 4 awesome pins at once, all with great pricing, I will drop $20k without hesitation and buy them all. I think people are greatly underestimating the impact they could have.

And I will buy them one to two years later for $15k once I've played them, been assured the code is finished, all hardware issues have been worked out and determine if they provide competent after-purchase service.

#3695 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Are you under the impression that using correct grammar is only appropriate on certain types of websites? Is attacking someone’s incorrect grammar somehow more offensive to you than being called a, how did he put it... oh yes, “bitchy ole woman”?

The thing is, many people, such as myself, use voice to text. If someone can't comprehend the meaning/intent behind the post is not my problem, its THERE problem hah.

#3696 4 years ago

I can understand the hatred from those who JPOP screwed. But what I dont understand is why the "ill will" towards DR? Yeah yeah the bluster comments probably could've been left out, but being excited about your own product is cool too! If they release AIW damn straight I'm ordering one. Missing deadlines .... is it really that big of a deal? I also dont see them holding anyones money hostage (excluding the JPOP mess) so not trying to be an ass but seriously ask really why all the hate? And to the haters, will you actually refuse to purchase a game even if it's majorally out of this world awesome?

#3697 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I can understand the hatred from those who JPOP screwed. But what I dont understand is why the "ill will" towards DR? Yeah yeah the bluster comments probably could've been left out, but being excited about your own product is cool too! If they release AIW damn straight I'm ordering one. Missing deadlines .... is it really that big of a deal? I also dont see them holding anyones money hostage (excluding the JPOP mess) so not trying to be an ass but seriously ask really why all the hate? And to the haters, will you actually refuse to purchase a game even if it's majorally out of this world awesome?

Nah thank you, I’ll just keep my crappy games from the old generation of people who will never know what pinball really is.

#3698 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

I think the main problem, is 3 fold. 1. Jpop ripped off a bunch of people. 2 AP hired Jpop, then realized early on it was a mistake. 3. DR hired Jpop and for whatever reason took on Zidware commitments, which end up delaying their own games and designs. Seems like poor use of funds and tonedeafness when it comes to a major problem . With that said, DR isn't looking for pre orders, so lets see some games!-

#3699 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The thing is, many people, such as myself, use voice to text. If someone can't comprehend the meaning/intent behind the post is not my problem, its THERE problem hah.

Except that's not what happened. I don't make a habit out of pointing out errors in grammar/spelling etc. But, when someone is being a dick head, the fact that they cannot differentiate the most basic of words only ruins their argument. What if someone was in a public debate, and hell... he even made some good points. But, the entire time he said things like, "me tell you this," and "me think this." You're telling me that wouldn't sway your opinion on the man/his stance?

#3700 4 years ago

Looks like nothing new here. Maybe will check back again in a few more months.

Time marches on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.