• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 669.
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Fall 2019 - Summer 2020
Knowing exactly when we launch is a valuable trade secret that allows competitors an undesirable competitive advantage. At a minimum, the 5 days of deeproot will be scheduled and RAZA will be available for sale during this time period.We fully intend to make good on our 2018 Pinball Expo promises we regrettably did not accomplish in 2019.

Glad they are being so specific about the time-frame...

#3452 4 years ago

Would also be nice to have a date indicating “we run out of $$$ if we have not shipped by now.”

#3453 4 years ago

Comical.... still boasting as they wildly miss deadlines.

Know what other companies do when it gets thick? Focus... instead dp boasts about developing “tens” of pins.

Wonder if claimants lose their buyout option if they don’t take it at this deadline?

#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today,

Thank God we have all this outdated and uninspired crap to play until your games come out.

LTG : )

#3455 4 years ago
Quoted from c508:

Glad they are being so specific about the time-frame...

September 2019 - Late August of 2020, seems like a wide window , up to 15 months from today to ship their first pin!

#3456 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

At least he didn't charge you for using you or your likeness. Not to forget you and him delivering or setting up games.

My all time favorite Lloyd. Ben and Jpop were going to come to our homes for the DIY kit game and help set it all up!

Hey Ben, no offense but your "likeness" on a pin isn't something you can take to the bank

#3457 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

September 2019 - Late August of 2020, seems like a wide window , up to 15 months from today to ship their first pin!

Jersey Jack will have 2 more out in that time. Stern will have 4-6 more out in that time. CGC will probably have one more out in that time. American will have one more out. Spooky might have one more out in that time. That's 8-10 pins right there just waiting for deeproot to do something besides talk.

#3458 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's 8-10 pins right there just waiting for deeproot to do something besides talk.

But those 8-10 pins will be nothing but unorganized grab-ass-tic pieces of amphibian shit!

Full Metal Jacket quotes sound better than outdated and uninspired.

#3459 4 years ago

"At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo."

Better get your room reserved now.
http://www.arcadecenter.com/

#3460 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today

Second day of business school (25 years ago) : “Never sell your product by devaluating competitors”

It looks more like you have entered panic mode, I find you way less appealing suddenly.

But sure come and save 70 years of pinball history, all of us outdated fools will gladly welcome your 26th century pinballs.

ps : It’s actually the first time ever I feel LTG is angry, this should give you a clue or two on your communication skills.

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

June 28, 2019

By June 28th, we will provide Zidware claimants who i) filed and perfected a claim ii) within the prescribed time, and iii) signed/returned the Goodwill Agreements a choice between extending the delivery date or receiving monetary benefits as outlined in each’s agreement. All other claimants' claims or vendors' claims will thereinafter be rejected. That is the finale and extent of our self-imposed, voluntary goodwill to deal with the Zidware situation.

TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN.......

#3462 4 years ago

The pressure to release a "superior" machine has to be soul draining. Superior would be code 100% finished and bug free, no design flaws (ball traps, crap ramps or need to add additonal hardware later on). They don't dare sell a machine with anything less or the community will tear them apart. Just remember DR, the kind of pie everyone likes is humble pie.

#3463 4 years ago

"Setting up pins in your home" was John's idea. I was as shocked as everyone else when he mentioned it.

He had NO business sense, the above being a perfect example. You don't fly in Steve Jobs to service your iPhone (extreme example but not far off the mark)

Hopefully deepRoot has him in a "creative director but with a boss" position which is where he could excel one would hope.

#3464 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

But those 8-10 pins will be nothing but unorganized grab-ass-tic pieces of amphibian shit!
Full Metal Jacket quotes sound better than outdated and uninspired.

I think most people will be happy with those 8 - 10 games. They can see them, feel them, touch them and know the games are going to turn up in their favourite arcade or at their home. People have been buying with confidence.

I really want to believe Deeproot and I wish them well. All I ever see from them is words. I take offense to their last post, the other manufacturers have been doing a pretty good job of giving us plenty of machines to play, best of new and old style games. Putting shit on the opposition is a really bad move and really bad form. It gives you a small insight into their character as people. I was already extremely reluctant to buy a game from them, after their statement I think we will be a definite no. No buyer confidence from us at all.

#3465 4 years ago

It's certainly a snarky and oddly defensive post. First he releases teases for publicity and now seems upset people are actually talking about his company.

He should be *delighted* there is any interest in his company AT ALL as they have produced nada so far. That's fine... they can take all the time they want but why not stay positive in the meantime?

He should hire someone to make the occasional "announcement" as he is simply making them look defensive and mean spirited. Maybe his products will be so damn good he can afford to have this attitude but for now he seems like his own worst enemy... at least in the communication department.

I can empathize with how he feels. It's gotta sting to read negative or dismissive posts about a project he cares about.
At the same time he has to realize it comes with the territory and rise above it. Look at all the crap AP has taken, Spooky, etc... yet somehow they still manage to come off as professionals.

Probably not a great idea to let everyone know that you get rattled by anonymous criticism... that will just inspire certain types to keep piling on. It's not like he's been enduring a huge public beat down here in the first place

#3466 4 years ago

I think they should of stayed quiet until the actual reveal, now that would of been cool! But I guess to many big names working on it for rumours not to start

#3467 4 years ago

Robert is soon going to be challenging Mike from Homepin on being the biggest toolbag in the Pinball scene. Odd way to try to sell the world on your business. Robert sounds like he is engaging in a middle school "my dad is better than your dad" argument, but has absolutely nothing to back it up with. So everyone else just laughs at him.

#3468 4 years ago

Robert seems to have so much swagger, and so little sense.

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Comical.... still boasting as they wildly miss deadlines.
Know what other companies do when it gets thick? Focus... instead dp boasts about developing “tens” of pins.
Wonder if claimants lose their buyout option if they don’t take it at this deadline?

Comical, mixing up Deeproot and Dutch Pinball who 'focused' on one machine to their full success... Oh, wait.

Edit: Such a good sport.

#3470 4 years ago

3 types of companies exist

Product Oriented
Client Focus
Logistics

Deeproot is Product Oriented? They sure are not Client Focus or Logistics.

They can have the attitude, but with that comes an increased expectation from us.

I'm still burnt by Jpoop suing and screwing some of us.

#3471 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Still using the jpop book of how to sucker people... throw in some art teases...

That darn pictures, always so visual...

#3472 4 years ago
index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg
#3473 4 years ago

"pinball is easy"

"pinball is easy, sometime soon, honestly, please believe us, hahaha we're laughing at you!"

maybe they should focus on building games rather than reading what folks are posting about them!

#3474 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

A statement will also be made as to the launch date of deeproot. A date we’ve spent a lot of time ensuring will be met this time.

Fall 2019 - Summer 2020

Way to go out on a limb with your "valuable trade secret"...

#3475 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

tens of titles

This doesn't make sense. No one does this, and by "no one" I mean every company in every industry - for a reason.

#3476 4 years ago

At least they changed their "view from the toilet" logo...

deeproot (resized).PNGdeeproot (resized).PNG
#3477 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank God we have all this outdated and uninspired crap to play until your games come out.

Herein lies one of the underlying issues we've seen so far with Deeproot. Their contempt for the existing products reflects on those of us who buy games. In essence, they are saying, 'this stuff is crap so we are all morons for wasting our money on uninspired crap'. By and large people don't like to be told "you are an idiot....now buy this from me"

#3478 4 years ago

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

#3479 4 years ago

I posted this about deeproot pinball this morning, focussing on what it meant from a UK perspective, already out of date.

http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/news/deeproot-pinball-whats-it-all-about/

#3480 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:I think they will start shipping in October. So I won't take you up on the $100 but I'll bet you $50 that they will ship before December 2019.

Boy was I stupid.

#3481 4 years ago

Deeproot has months of radio silence and you guys complain and speculate. They put out information and the same posters complain and speculate. Stay classy pinside.

#3482 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Boy was I stupid.

Haha. Not stupid. If we don’t make Dec 31 and you have to pay up I’ll cover you Send me a bill.

Quoted from JamesUK:

I posted this about deeproot pinball this morning, focussing on what it meant from a UK perspective, already out of date.
http://www.theukpinballclub.co.uk/news/deeproot-pinball-whats-it-all-about/

Thank you for the write-up.

Quoted from NeilMcRae:

maybe they should focus on building games rather than reading what folks are posting about them!

Actually Jeff and I had a great time playing RAZA and a few other games the other day. Can’t play games that haven’t been built, now can we? And no, I spend as little time as possible reading anything on this forum. Let alone taking it or anything posted seriously.

Quoted from Rondogg:

At least they changed their... logo...[quoted image]

My Utah creatives are pretty amazing right?

Quoted from russdx:

I think they should of stayed quiet until the actual reveal, now that would of been cool! But I guess to many big names working on it for rumours not to start

We needed to make an announcement regarding Zidware. Only made sense to address launch expectations. Don’t worry, but for the drama around Jpopalicious I would have rathered that no one knew that deeproot had anything to do with pinball.

Quoted from LTG:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...

— Robert dT

#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Deeproot has months of radio silence and you guys complain and speculate. They put out information and the same posters complain and speculate. Stay classy pinside.

You mean DR put out a back-handed statement while insulting their potential customers? A statement to the likeness of "We're sorry we made such bold and outlandish promises we didn't keep in the beginning, but we promise the wait is worth it!" would go a lot farther than that tone-deaf pile of words they went with.

#3484 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You mean like a GB that won’t turn on half the time, the two brand new premium Batman 66’s I bought that are already more dimpled than the moon and with broken mechs already, a Hobbit that’s been dead for months, a Dialed In with constant sound and rebooting problems, and a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff? Playing and maintaining a deeproot game is pretty refreshing for me thus far...
— Robert dT

You have quite possibly the worst luck out of any pinball machine owner I have ever encountered, or your engineers are not very good. It sounds to me like you guys messed up your "test" machines during the reverse engineering process, and now want to blame the manufacturer. Rebooting/Problems turning on are not exactly common issues.

#3485 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Haha. Not stupid. If we don’t make Dec 31 and you have to pay up I’ll cover you Send me a bill.

Actually Jeff and I had a great time playing RAZA and a few other games the other day. Can’t play games that haven’t been built, now can we? And no, I spend as little time as possible reading anything on this forum. Let alone taking it or anything posted seriously.

We needed to make an announcement regarding Zidware. Only made sense to address launch expectations. Don’t worry, but for the drama around Jpopalicious I would have rathered that no one knew that deeproot had anything to do with pinball.

— Robert dT

What a tool! Have fun dicking around with JPOOP and not making games.

#3486 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

— Robert dT

I want to root for you, but you are making it difficult.

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

You have quite possibly the worst luck out of any pinball machine owner I have ever encountered, or your engineers are not very good. It sounds to me like you guys messed up your "test" machines during the reverse engineering process, and now want to blame the manufacturer. Rebooting/Problems turning on are not exactly common issues.

No kidding! I've been in the pinball hobby for about 9 years now, have owned about 25 different machines, and in all of that time have had fewer major issues than the ones he just mentioned.

I really hope deeproot puts out a quality, fun, economical product...but it is really hard to like the company with someone condescending and arrogant as the spokesperson (and at the helm).

Anyone who accepted the goodwill terms and doesn't take the money is silly (being nice *coughstupidcough*). Use the money to buy a different game now, play it for a year or more, then sell it to buy a deeproot machine.

#3488 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

a TNA with so many problems that it has kept my eningeers from engineering on deeproot stuff?

Sounds like you hired the wrong engineers. Sounds like even if you didn't, that they have the wrong priorities.

Actually, the entire quoted statement above sounds completely fabricated.

Sigh... and I was silently rooting for you, Robert.

#3489 4 years ago

Ah, the good old tire fire has been lit back up.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3490 4 years ago

deeproot as I said in my post, it'll be ready when it's ready, if something comes of it, we are all welcoming of the competition, for purely the economics of pinball. I did contact your team and ask for some details on what deeproot were doing for the U.K. - even just confirmation that there was a plan for it, any feedback on the U.K specifically would be great, you have my email from earlier.

#3491 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today, it would have been a much easier path and accomplished years ago.

I call utter bullshit. Quit blowing smoke up our collective asses. Zip it, boys...and focus on bringing out a *single* solid freaking machine or video game...or whatever it is you might (or might not) be doing. In the meantime, I will continue to play uninspired and outdated pinball.

How insulting to the hard work and dedication of the current pinball manufacturers and designers who are actually *producing* machines and not milking the "we're going to be so awesome" teat!

#3492 4 years ago

To be fair the reverse hockey stick approach to business is pretty well documented, and companies that have utilised this model generally are large scale disruptors and completely change an industry, of course for every Amazon, Uber etc. there are many more that fall by the wayside, but it is an approach to innovation. Could we see a switch be flicked and 3 games in the market, all with huge innovations and all at a price point that makes us salivate? Yes... I suppose we could and that would change the pinball community more than quite considerably. What market share would that command straight off the bat?

#3493 4 years ago

Is it deepshit pinball ? They need the CEO from twisted pins on board then this company can run smooth and meet deadlines !

#3494 4 years ago

There are some talented and nice people working for Deeproot. @Robert: did you ever ask your employees how they feel about your communication to the pinball-community? Maybe they can give you some feedback.

#3495 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

At least they changed their "view from the toilet" logo...[quoted image]

Who is their graphic designer!?

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Robert is soon going to be challenging Mike from Homepin on being the biggest toolbag in the Pinball scene.

Come on, that's a massive stretch. Robert could punch my mother and it's still Mike from Home(ophobic)pin in a landslide.

#3497 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Yes, I was being

#3498 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Jpopalicious

So tone deaf. You really need to be working with a PR firm. Seriously, the things that come out of your head should not be sent directly to an open forum without some kind of 3rd party filter. You may think it's funny or maybe you're trolling but it really doesn't come off well when the head of a company (who wants our money) posts things like this. Could you imagine the negative repercussions if Amazon hired Bernie Madoff as CFO and then referred to him as "Berniebaby" while addressing the public?

You really need to reign it in. I was growing ambivalent about the JPop situation in light of what you were offering to his victims. Not any more.

#3499 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

— Robert dT

What are you doing to your pinball machines that every single one has major problems. Or if you're inferring this is the norm, it's amazing how many people spend money on buying machines that never work.

#3500 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

And no, I spend as little time as possible reading anything on this forum. Let alone taking it or anything posted seriously.

Wow! I count myself among those silently hoping Deeproot is successful. Not sure I feel that way any more reading things like this. If you’re trying to alienate your target customer base you’re doing a great job. Such a tone deaf statement from a CEO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.