Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 672.
#301 6 years ago

Only losers try to claim credit, winners give credit.

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

So if deeproot is so hyped up about pinball, and they've gotten Oursler, Nordman, Theil and Morris... What the fuck do they need JPop for??? They certainly didn't get those guys because of JPop's involvement. Why put up with the JPop shitshow backstory? Take your 4 talented guys, make a game and present it with the hype, enthusiasm (and ego) that you have now and avoid all the crap... If this company came out with these 4 guys and said "here's what we're going to do" and JPop's name was never attached to it, they'd have gotten a much better reception from the community.

Come on! If there is ANY way for the people that got screwed to get a refund, or their games...I'm all for it!

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there ANY reason to actually believe any of these guys have signed on a deal with an exclusive to deeproot?
If anything the deeproot marketing scheme seems to currently be all about disruption and ego, and nothing else. I am not sure why anyone currently believes a word they are saying?
That staged/sniped picture (and the way that Dennis, and Barry appear to not even want to be in the picture) makes me thing this was all part of the ploy. Deeproot possibly brought them in for a few days to try and negotiate a deal and then took this single sloppy picture to try and bolster up a perceived foundation of exclusive talent. If you really had signed an exclusive for these big deal industry guys, wouldn't you at least get a few real photos of them actually posed together in front of your amazing new building? They of course are not going to come out and say anything if they are currently on a retainer and a deal is still being inked, so perfect timing to dump a crappy staged photo from the original meeting on the web.

I think you're dreaming, as usual. Though at least not playing shill this time.

Aurich confirmed Barry's with them.

Especially after all the Elvira crap that was said yesterday, I think Dennis would be rushing in here to dissassociate himself if it were not true.

Photo just looks like an informal staff meeting. Looks less staged than a contrived company one, lined up outside the building.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

And about their quad thing assembly -

I got it! I got it! Quad assembly duh? 4 designers, 4 playfields, 1 cabinet! And for an extra $1000 jpop will come to your house and rotate your crank. "Excuse me, Mr Pops, Ahem, please rotate my crank to AIW".
For the record this is my idea. I came up with it first, 100% invented it on my own, all by myself.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think you're dreaming, as usual. Though at least not playing shill this time.
Aurich confirmed Barry's with them.
Especially after all the Elvira crap that was said yesterday, I think Dennis would be rushing in here to dissassociate himself if it were not true.
Photo just looks like an informal staff meeting. Looks less staged than a contrived company one, lined up outside the building.

having some fun with it.

Anyone with as much ego and pomp as this deep root lawyer with an already rich history of trying to toss money around, sue people, and a marketing scheme based on pissing people off and disruption/big claims... deserves to be held accountable.

Honestly, I just cant figure out WHY he would have Jpop involved at all.

IF (and that is a BIG if) this company really gets off the ground and actually manufactures some pinball machines, what is the reason for having Jpop on board?

Without question he carries more baggage than value, history has shown him to be incapable of working with others or able to actually design a game without major help, and he is caustic on many levels.

If deeproot is really in this for the business, then I would think the first thing they do is cut Jpop off ASAP.

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

I got it! I got it! Quad assembly duh? 4 designers, 4 playfields, 1 cabinet!

That actually makes a lot of sense. I bet the idea is to have multiple game that can be swapped into a single cabinet. That also might explain the hinting at a different type of display. Still doesn't explain how they will be manufactured. They're still going to have to manufacture the playfields plus do all of the coding, graphics, sound, etc.

RM: We won’t have a ‘first’ title in that sense.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

because mister big shot is convinced he is going to manufacture alice, zombie and magic girl and make dem big bucks

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It's a cynical ploy, yet nobody has lost money in pinball recently underestimating the blind enthusiasm of people who can't get enough of "jpop magic."

He knows that even after all of this, there's tons of people just dying to believe that a "properly managed" Jpop can make their wildest dreams come true.

#309 6 years ago

"Quad Manufacturing"??? They are saying there will be no assembly line? This ragtag bunch is going to revolutionize product manufacturing? A proven process that companies with BILLIONS of dollars of capital and the smartest people on the planet still use and even then, run into slowdowns and problems (see Tesla). If world class companies (Apple, Toyota, Tesla, Foxconn, GE, etc.) that spend tens of billions of dollars each year on process improvement and product development haven't discovered the magic of Quad Manufacturing, what makes anyone think this group has invented some revolutionary manufacturing process?

If they did develop some new, wonderful process, they wouldn't be trying to sell pinball machines (which most likely will never exist), but would be licensing this patented process to the aforementioned companies and would end up being some of the richest people on the planet.

#310 6 years ago

"That we are aware of, no pinball machine ever manufactured has been truly “safe” or “suitable” for a home environment"

Interesting statement. My guess is that the safety issue they are talking about relates to the need to maintain/fix pins by lifting the playfield and working on exposed electrical components and mechs. Maybe they are going for a plug-and-play modular system where features and mechs all sit on top of the playfield. Want a new game, just swap out the modules on the top of the playfield.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

One would think you'd know if you really have poached Dennis and have him working for you exclusively.
Is that what the play is here? Get Stern to relinquish it and that be the big seller?
Not sure ( . )( . ) will go over well with church groups and christian youth organizations who would presumably be the mainstay for your bible title's market.

(.)(.)(.) The total Recall version.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from SprSnc:

"That we are aware of, no pinball machine ever manufactured has been truly “safe” or “suitable” for a home environment"
Interesting statement. .

There's nothing "interesting" about that statement, it's total unadulterated bullshit like almost everything they've said. A properly serviced pinball machine is about as dangerous in your home as vacuum cleaner or blender.

The absolute worst thing about the "pinball comeback" has been the parade of cynical johnny come lately clowns trying to jump on the gravy train before it derails and explodes in a valley.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

... I bet the idea is to have multiple game that can be swapped into a single cabinet. That also might explain the hinting at a different type of display. ...

i hope not, i like to have a complet machine with their own artwork instead of a few playfield waiting against the wall.
imagine you have people over... ''wait gotta swap this pf first, oh you wanna try the other one, wait gotta swap this one in'' and so on...

#314 6 years ago

Regardless, based on what's been said, I'm still thinking that's their plan. That also could explain the desire to bring in JPop given his work on Star Wars Episode I for Pinball 2000.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptMonkeyPants:

"Quad Manufacturing"??? They are saying there will be no assembly line? This ragtag bunch is going to revolutionize product manufacturing? A proven process that companies with BILLIONS of dollars of capital and the smartest people on the planet still use and even then, run into slowdowns and problems (see Tesla). If world class companies (Apple, Toyota, Tesla, Foxconn, GE, etc.) that spend tens of billions of dollars each year on process improvement and product development haven't discovered the magic of Quad Manufacturing, what makes anyone think this group has invented some revolutionary manufacturing process?
If they did develop some new, wonderful process, they wouldn't be trying to sell pinball machines (which most likely will never exist), but would be licensing this patented process to the aforementioned companies and would end up being some of the richest people on the planet.

I'd generally agree. Though Tesla are an absolute fustercluck (I support electric cars though).

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Regardless, based on what's been said, I'm still thinking that's the plan. That also could explain the desire to bring in JPop given his work on Star Wars Episode I for Pinball 2000.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

A properly serviced pinball machine is about as dangerous in your home as vacuum cleaner or blender.

I'd expand upon that to say that probably only Dr. Who and P*p*y* are as dangerous as a blender.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

I'd expand upon that to say that probably only Dr. Who and P*p*y* are as dangerous as a blender.

Stick your fingers in a moving Time Expander to experience Dr Who at its finest ...

rd

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stick your fingers in a moving Time Expander to experience Dr Who at its finest ...
rd

That warning is great. I wonder who did the voice?

#322 6 years ago

All I see is a bunch of hot air so far.

If and when they have a flipping prototype, then I *might* start to take them a little bit more seriously.

I think we've been through the roller coaster ride with new manufacturers enough times now to be able to meet stuff like this with a healthy dose of skepticism.

#323 6 years ago

ForceFlow there isn’t going to be a prototype lol. Prototypes are for the rest of the loser companies.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

ForceFlow there isn’t going to be a prototype lol. Prototypes are for the rest of the looser companies.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

ForceFlow there isn’t going to be a prototype lol. Prototypes are for the rest of the looser companies.

The tighter companies had prototypes too.

LTG : )

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The tighter companies had prototypes too.
LTG : )

In my defense I blame the auto correct on my phone.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I'd generally agree. Though Tesla are an absolute fustercluck (I support electric cars though).

Based on?

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

In my defense I blame the auto correct on my phone.

Are you refering to the auto incorect feture?

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Must be for his patents. Maybe their masterplan is to sue Stern and settle that Stern will do assembly..

#330 6 years ago

So we have these past and future JPOP titles planned to be deeprooted: Magic Girl (MG), Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland (RAZA), Alice in Wonderland (AIW), Fire and Brimstone (Bible Adventures) and Houdini. There is another one of his I'd actually like to see made. Can you guess which one is missing? Hint - it is not one of those mentioned.

#331 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Can you guess which one is missing? Hint - it is not one of those mentioned.

Kiss?

#332 6 years ago

Yes that's it - KISS! Artwork was black ink on white background. Foamcore was complete and game was ready to be made into a whitewood.

#333 6 years ago

That was black ink on white background for artwork. Foamcore that was ready to be made into a whitewood.

It was actually made into one machine, if I remember correctly.

#334 6 years ago

Anybody have the link to JPOP's seminar where he stands in front of a slide projected on wall listing games not made by JPOP? That one was a classic and I could use a good chuckle.

#335 6 years ago

Anybody have the link to JPOP's seminar where he stands in front of a slide projected on wall listing games not made by JPOP? That one was a classic and I could use a good chuckle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6%E2%80%A6mg-raza-and-aiw%E2%80%A6/page/382#post-3308407

#337 6 years ago

Could add Houdini to that list as well. Even though deeproot claims they will be making it, Jpop's houdini has yet to be produced.

#338 6 years ago

As Ben has so eloquently stated, Jpop makes more money not-releasing games than Ben has ever made releasing them.

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Could add Houdini to that list as well. Even though deeproot claims they will be making it, Jpop's houdini has yet to be produced.

and ... Fire and Brimstone ... KISS .....

#340 6 years ago

I can't find any pictures of Jpop's, Pussy Cat Bowling. (Wasn't that the name?)
Now that would be Yuge.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wait, they're saying they're still going to make Jpop Houdini even though there's now a different one actually made and shipping? That's just ridiculous.

#342 6 years ago

Am I the only one here that's reading between the lines that deeproot is using the law as a weapon and bullying/strong arming apple juice,zombie yeti, American pinball and anyone/everyone else they can. Also stealing Ben heck's bible adventures theme?
I can't be the only one here that sees this.

#343 6 years ago

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. The guy comes off as a total clown.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can't find any pictures of Jpop's, Pussy Cat Bowling. (Wasn't that the name?)

Yep, yet another tangent to his MG and RAZA projects...

334432-i (resized).jpg334432-i (resized).jpg

#345 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can't find any pictures of Jpop's, Pussy

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Am I the only one here that's reading between the lines that deeproot is using the law as a weapon and bullying/strong arming apple juice,zombie yeti, American pinball and anyone/everyone else they can. Also stealing Ben heck's bible adventures theme?
I can't be the only one here that sees this.

It seems the machine is just getting started up. Shall we gear up for a patent troll situation? Personally, I think this is a way to spend/pocket money so their insurance company doesn’t officially make a profit, but what do I know?

#347 6 years ago

Lol. We'll have to invent a new moderation reason for you: "altering the spirit of a quote"...

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Lol. We'll have to invent a new moderation reason for you: "altering the spirit of a quote"...

I think there is already a rule against that, but when used in a humorous or possibly even more true version like this I'd give it a pass

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I think there is already a rule against that, but when used in a humorous or possibly even more true version like this I'd give it a pass

And give it a pass when the quoted person thinks its funny.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

And give it a pass when the quoted person thinks its funny.

Nope. I'll moderate you too then!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.