Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 672.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, seeing as how you made this bold offer and then never responded when I took you up on it, I'm assuming you were just blowing hot air. So bet is off unless I hear from you. Probably a good thing for me after Deeproots last post here. Clearly they are nowhere near ready.

We can bet with the payment to charity. I've not been checking this thread lately as I'm not surprised by the missed deadlines.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

We can bet with the payment to charity. I've not been checking this thread lately as I'm not surprised by the missed deadlines.

Sounds good.

#3403 4 years ago

When you take your time machine back to 1998 to get cheap CV's don't forget to buy up a bunch of $1 Apple stock

#3404 4 years ago
Quoted from halflip87:

Honestly guys, every time I visit this thread I keep scrolling until I see the deeproot logo and if I don't, I just back out. Sooooo much fluff and no substance. Continue your discussion but lord, I can't wait for an official announcement.
-Doug

Cool story, bro!

#3405 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Super class response. Hank is good people

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

No CV playfields but I did buy 12 each of Fire!, Space Station, and F-14 playfields that Roger Sharpe rescued from the trash and brought to one of the Expos. 10 bucks each. Still bundled in stacks of four as I remember. Then I won a raffle for 12 more playfields! Every friend and relative of mine had them hanging on their basement walls. At least until they started selling for 200+ bucks each. Then they started disappearing.
There were also stacks of translites for the above games plus Big Guns. They were about 2 bucks each I think. Also complete playfield plastics sets. Crazy times.

I was in on a bunch of the Champion Pub playfields at $ 20.00 back then. They were rejects and I never could find any issue with them.

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I was in on a bunch of the Champion Pub playfields at $ 20.00 back then. They were rejects and I never could find any issue with them.

Take a couple of pics and post them in a for sale ad. I guarantee you, within an hour, you will have 50+ posts pointing out all the defects, registration errors, color mismatches, bad inserts, etc, etc.

#3408 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

When you take your time machine back to 1998 to get cheap CV's don't forget to buy up a bunch of $1 Apple stock

Grab me the winning Powerball lottery numbers from the last year or two while you are at it.

#3409 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Grab me the winning Powerball lottery numbers from the last year or two while you are at it.

LOL... i can get you the winning numbers for the last couple years from my living room couch. What you need is the ticket!! But my luck would be my friend would bring me back a winning powerball ticket from a couple years ago only to find out they become invalid after 365 days!!

#3410 4 years ago

Just PM me when time comes. I like giving to local food banks.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

LOL... i can get you the winning numbers for the last couple years from my living room couch. What you need is the ticket!! But my luck would be my friend would bring me back a winning powerball ticket from a couple years ago only to find out they become invalid after 365 days!!

Lol...I am a moron.

#3412 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Had a chance to buy 10 CP playfields @$150 each a few years back and passed out of principle.

They were literally giving CP playfields away at Expo that year. Free. I had three of them and gave them away to friends.

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

a winning powerball ticket from a couple years ago only to find out they become invalid after 365 days!!

What a rip ! I like our system better , your ticket is always valid , you don't pay tax on your winnings you only pay tax when you buy your ticket , your identity stays private if you want and you get the whole amount at once .

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

What a rip ! I like our system better , your ticket is always
valid , you don't pay tax on your winnings you only pay tax when
you buy your ticket , your identity stays private if you want and
you get the whole amount at once .

AMEN

#3415 4 years ago

Cmon' Deeproot,
Show us what you got

See if you can kick some ass.....

1 week later
#3418 4 years ago

The updates are pouring in.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We plan to make a statement on or about June 1st regarding the Zidware claims

So, within a week or so we will have more information.

#3422 4 years ago

Reminds me of these type of threads:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-magic-girl-and-zombie-adventure-shop-tour

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visiting-with-jpop

I've learned through hard experience it's easy to razzle dazzle, or even show a prototype game. None of that matters until manufacturing is pumping out games in quantity.

#3423 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

More hype.

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale...

A three hour tour!

A three hour tour!

#3424 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sit right back and you'll hear a tale...
A three hour tour!
A three hour tour!

It takes time to learn how to snort cocaine with you poophole.

#3425 4 years ago

Makes sense that TWIP would be the distribution for this information. I'm guessing Monday we will have a little bit more information than we have right now.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Reminds me of these type of threads:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-magic-girl-and-zombie-adventure-shop-tour
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/visiting-with-jpop
I've learned through hard experience it's easy to razzle dazzle, or even show a prototype game. None of that matters until manufacturing is pumping out games in quantity.

'razzle dazzle' - > such a great phrase and one that fits so often perfectly !!

#3427 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Makes sense that TWIP would be the distribution for this information. I'm guessing Monday we will have a little bit more information than we have right now.

Not expecting anything really, this is the second time he’s visited to my knowledge. We’ll probably get “I visited deep root again but can’t tell you anything” post with the same image. Hope I’m wrong and they finally spill the beans.

#3428 4 years ago

Well last time he had a pretty big write up/interview without revealing a lot of details. I'm guessing deeproot is pretty comfortable using him as their marketing arm.

#3429 4 years ago

Couldn't help but think of this haha.

OrdinaryDigitalCatbird-small.gifOrdinaryDigitalCatbird-small.gif
#3430 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

It takes time to learn how to snort cocaine with you poophole.

The professionals have someone to blow it in.

#3431 4 years ago
914DF5DA-6B9A-4B74-AD57-D302291B5DF9 (resized).jpeg914DF5DA-6B9A-4B74-AD57-D302291B5DF9 (resized).jpeg
#3432 4 years ago

I hope Deeproot knocks its out of the park. It would be great for the pinball community as a whole.

#3433 4 years ago
D5D192E9-35A4-480A-ADDE-3B3A70C38E5F (resized).jpegD5D192E9-35A4-480A-ADDE-3B3A70C38E5F (resized).jpeg
#3434 4 years ago

BREAKING NEWS: Ben Heck is moving to San Antonio!

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/ben-heck-is-moving-to-san-antonio/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

MORE BREAKING NEWS: He really isn't.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/ben-heck-is-not-moving-to-san-antonio/

#3435 4 years ago

Deeproot must prevail.

#3436 4 years ago

Still using the jpop book of how to sucker people... throw in some art teases...

#3437 4 years ago

It's retro alright.. remember 7 years ago when JPOP started working on his 2nd game and didn't finish it? good times

#3438 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

throw in some art teases...

#3439 4 years ago
B8F36ADC-459E-48DA-A93A-9ADE4E792E1C (resized).jpegB8F36ADC-459E-48DA-A93A-9ADE4E792E1C (resized).jpeg
#3440 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

I'd like to say and feel that I'm excited, but this feels like a worse and longer tease than trying to date an Amish woman.

I guess at least the pastries would turn out well in the end.

#3441 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

I'd like to say and feel that I'm excited, but this feels like a worse and longer tease than trying to date an Amish woman.
I guess at least the pastries would turn out well in the end.

Not if you meet her during Rumspringa.

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Not if you meet her during Rumspringa.

Oooh damn, good point! Says the man....possibly with experience? (Rushes to the Amish romance section at Walmart to brush up!)

I really hope this deeproot stuff pays off soon. Now I can empathize with all of the long year long waits people have had with game unveils over the past few years.

#3443 4 years ago

Don't forget the money shot.
RAZA proto playfield (resized).pngRAZA proto playfield (resized).png

#3444 4 years ago

Did you know John never had a contract or agreement for use of my likeness? I think he was just trying to flatter me into building him controller boards.

I like the kind of flattery that I can put in the bank.

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

At least he didn't charge you for using you or your likeness. Not to forget you and him delivering or setting up games.

LTG : )

#3446 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Did you know John never had a contract or agreement for use of my likeness? I think he was just trying to flatter me into building him controller boards.

He also wanted to convince us something would get made since you have a strong track record of actually making things that work.

#3447 4 years ago

benheck ???

#3448 4 years ago

This just posted on http://deeprootpinball.com

We know there is a lot of excitement around deeproot and its mysterious pinball project. We also know there is frustration in how long it has taken to see something, let alone experience the deeproot pinball difference. If all we wanted to do is compete with existing pinball manufacturers and churn out the outdated and uninspired pinball package as it exists in the market today, it would have been a much easier path and accomplished years ago. We chose a different path. The simultaneous development on hundreds of unique pinball innovations and tens of titles has taken much longer than anyone (has) wanted.The fringe benefit to developing innovative pinball machines is the forced creation of multiple divisions and groups across a wide variety of industries and fields. These would not normally be found in a singular relatively small company. Which is why deeproot is unique and uniquely positioned to not only provide a different type of pinball experience, but also a cross-branded and diverse exploration of new concepts, ideas, stories, and experiences. This will keep deeproot Pinball tied to more popular entertainment choices and trends, and our Pinball creations relevant for decades to come.There have been endless amounts of speculation in forums or disseminated in the ‘pinball media’ regarding our pinball project, our finances, and even our separate and independent investment funds (that have very little to do with pinball). We’ve definitely had some good laughs along the way at the seemingly endless queue of ‘experts’. We will keep on doing what we do best along the following schedule:

June 28, 2019

By June 28th, we will provide Zidware claimants who i) filed and perfected a claim ii) within the prescribed time, and iii) signed/returned the Goodwill Agreements a choice between extending the delivery date or receiving monetary benefits as outlined in each’s agreement. All other claimants' claims or vendors' claims will thereinafter be rejected. That is the finale and extent of our self-imposed, voluntary goodwill to deal with the Zidware situation.

November 15-16, 2019

At a minimum, several RAZA prototypes will be available to play at the Houston Arcade Expo.

Fall 2019 - Summer 2020

Knowing exactly when we launch is a valuable trade secret that allows competitors an undesirable competitive advantage. At a minimum, the 5 days of deeproot will be scheduled and RAZA will be available for sale during this time period.We fully intend to make good on our 2018 Pinball Expo promises we regrettably did not accomplish in 2019. -- Robert J. Mueller, Principal

deeproot Pinball, 12621 Silicon Dr, San Antonio, TX 78249
(888) 316-2935

#3450 4 years ago

At least they still haven't taken any preorders..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/69?hl=matthew2000tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.