Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 672.
#3301 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

btw, my apologies to f3honda4me for hammering you unnecessarily

Sounds like you were unnecessarily hammered

#3302 4 years ago

Anything habbening besides the RAZA promo? Don't want to miss out. All heavy hitters on the team besides jpop... Gotta be something cool that comes.

#3303 4 years ago

I personally believe they are going to surprise us all

#3304 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I chimed in because I think fonts ARE important. I thought the Willy Wonka logo looked weird at MGC but Aurich actually figured out why and I agree with his assessment.
Maybe deeproot will pay attention to details better than the other companies we will see.

One of the main reasons I don't own a Houdini is due to fonts. Chiller just doesn't work as part of a steam punk-esque, turn of the century game. Neither does bright neon green or purple but that's a different story. The animations and graphics on that game look like a kid in computer graphics class made them. If anyone here should be owning a Houdini I think it should be me and they just killed it for me. Now no one will touch that topic since AP did it so I'm going to have to suck it up and get one someday, ugh.

#3305 4 years ago

Jpop is my father.

#3306 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I get what you are saying and agree to some extent, but if an investment firm hired Bernie Madoff, that would overshadow anything else and be a lot of what people want to talk about.

I dont care what company it is, save for Stern, if people buy pre-orders regardless of who is or isnt employed, they are fools.

#3307 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get what you are saying, but for a lot of us deeproot matters now and gives a lot of people a chance to be made whole from the Jpop fiasco, a huge Goodwill gesture on their part....
And hopefully pinball gets a new company with some great new innovative pins!
btw, my apologies to f3honda4me for hammering you unnecessarily

Sorry I pushed your buttons. Hopefully we get some good news from deeproot soon!

#3308 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Sorry I pushed your buttons. Hopefully we get some good news from deeproot soon!

It's all good Matt! And all on me, i acted terribly out of frustration so let's all carry on in good fun and peace brother.

Robert confirmed receipt of my Goodwill Agreement so it seems like some news is around the corner for us all. Thinking first of June after deadline of May 31st to get claims finalized?

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Quoted from iceman44:

It's all good Matt! And all on me, i acted terribly out of frustration so let's all carry on in good fun and peace brother.
Robert confirmed receipt of my Goodwill Agreement so it seems like some news is around the corner for us all. Thinking first of June after deadline of May 31st to get claims finalized?

Good form guys

#3310 4 years ago

Get a room!

#3311 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

One of the main reasons I don't own a Houdini is due to fonts. Chiller just doesn't work as part of a steam punk-esque, turn of the century game. Neither does bright neon green or purple but that's a different story. The animations and graphics on that game look like a kid in computer graphics class made them. If anyone here should be owning a Houdini I think it should be me and they just killed it for me. Now no one will touch that topic since AP did it so I'm going to have to suck it up and get one someday, ugh.

I think Houdini looks fine as an overall package as long as you avoid looking at individual elements too closely. The clunk on the display somewhat fits the theme.

Oktoberfest on the other hand, even after the minor fixes, is much worse and a backwards step. The amount of visual noise and lack of clarity on the playfield puts it in an exclusive league of its own. The display graphics and animations are cringe inducing. Absolute abominations.

#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont care what company it is, save for Stern, if people buy pre-orders regardless of who is or isnt employed, they are fools.

I think we are all fools in this hobby. At least that's what most people must think when they see a room full of pins in our homes and learn how much they cost. People are passionate about pinball and wanted to support growth in the hobby back when there wasn't much new. If things worked out, it would of been a great investment like those that got BBB early. It was a gamble and they lost. I'm amazed that DP is covering those loses. Guess they figured it was worth the cost to avoid zidware legal problems down the road. I too wonder where all this money is coming from that is just flying out the window. Be cool to at least see one pin prototype to get an idea of what their pins will be like. At least some bigger tease than a little cartoon hidden on youtube.

#3313 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think Houdini looks fine as an overall package as long as you avoid looking at individual elements too closely. The clunk on the display somewhat fits the theme.
Oktoberfest on the other hand, even after the minor fixes, is much worse and a backwards step. The amount of visual noise and lack of clarity on the playfield puts it in an exclusive league of its own. The display graphics and animations are cringe inducing. Absolute abominations.

Dang, that's sad to hear.

#3314 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

What does steam punk have to do with Houdini? Answer: nothing. I agree the display on Houdini isn't great but it's a masterclass of cohesive design compared to Oktoberfest.

When you make scores indicators etc look like real world objects it's called skeumorphic design. It was hot in the early iPhone days but beyond obsolete now. It's one of the weak points on the Wonka machine too, makes stuff on screen harder to read.

#3315 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I personally believe they are going to surprise us all

They already have.

#3316 4 years ago

Deeproot

#3317 4 years ago

Do you remember in the good old days of the Jpop thread, years before Deeproot even existed and long before making a settlement offer? Do you remember the victims relentlessly being shamed by a cast of rotating Pinsider’s as spineless and called stupid? Do you remember those who claimed, after the fact, that they knew Jpop was a bad guy from day one and we were stupid not to have known?

Seemed like each week some random keyboard vigilante would bounce into that thread and yell at us to sue his ass because that’s exactly what they would do. I think my favorite term back then was us being called a, Jpop Apologist.

– Yep, the good old days.

Quoted from Aurich:

I think suing him is stupid. If you lost your money just admit you gambled it away, and should have always been prepared to lose it. Move on.

zzzzz036d7b5c3ae298415d8056af74c43388 (resized).jpgzzzzz036d7b5c3ae298415d8056af74c43388 (resized).jpg

#3318 4 years ago

I seriously hope Jpop is having a great day today.

#3319 4 years ago

He’s my dad too. But then who is your mom?

#3320 4 years ago
Quoted from wolfemaaan:

He’s my dad too. But then who is your mom?

Michelle P.

#3321 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think suing him is stupid. If you lost your money just admit you gambled it away, and should have always been prepared to lose it. Move on.

Imagine a counterfactual world where not a single customer nor vendor filed suit against Zidware. It’s a world inhabited by feeble, impatient and imprudent customers who simply don’t understand that pinball is hard. It’s a world in which skilled vendors enjoy working without pay because vendors really relish toiling without remuneration. It’s a world in which the work product of a highly talented artist is subordinated and co-opted. It’s a world where misdeeds are never called upon to stand under the spotlight of scrutiny. It's a world where the concept of justice is absent.

#3322 4 years ago

Mine is Michelle Belle, the GNR one, not the Beatles

#3323 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from iceman44:

Deeproot Tech shall offer at least three different titles and shall identify all titles of Deeproot Games that may be elected under this Agreement at least thirty (30) days in advance of the June 30th Delivery Date.

You goodwill agreement guys should be excited about the May 31st deadline for Deeproot to identify the various titles from which you will get to choose. And they could be anything, since Deeproot specifically stated that they do not have to include any of the previously known titles (such as Magic Girl).

#3324 4 years ago

I can’t believe I have to remind users here on Pinside, or listeners of podcasts, to assume anything posted (or disseminated) as fact by anyone other than me (personally) is guaranteed to be nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation. Letters went out to a few Zidware customers that said nothing more than (paraphrasing): get in the contract sent to you last year by May 31st or else your claim will be denied.

We plan to make a statement on or about June 1st regarding the Zidware claims. A statement will also be made as to the launch date of deeproot. A date we’ve spent a lot of time ensuring will be met this time.

Lastly, I agree with Kaneda that it is not fair that people are holding money back from making other purchases (pinball or otherwise) expecting us to imminently launch. We won’t be. I’ve said two things from the beginning. Pinball is easy; everything that goes into making pinball is not. We will launch when we are ready, and no sooner.

— Robert, dT

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I can’t believe I have to remind users here on Pinside, or listeners of podcasts, to assume anything posted (or disseminated) as fact by anyone other than me (personally) is guaranteed to be nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation. Letters went out to a few Zidware customers that said nothing more than (paraphrasing): get in the contract sent to you last year by May 31st or else your claim will be denied.
We plan to make a statement on or about June 1st regarding the Zidware claims. A statement will also be made as to the launch date of deeproot. A date we’ve spent a lot of time ensuring will be met this time.
Lastly, I agree with Kaneda that it is not fair that people are holding money back from making other purchases (pinball or otherwise) expecting us to imminently launch. We won’t be. I’ve said two things from the beginning. Pinball is easy; everything that goes into making pinball is not. We will launch when we are ready, and no sooner.
— Robert, dT

Now thats a splash of cold water. Imagine if you never hired that conman and thief!! Started with a dirty slate from day one. I really wish I would have been a fly on the wall when those convos took place.

Good luck though, I hope you succeed!

#3326 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

A statement will also be made as to the launch date of deeproot. A date we’ve spent a lot of time ensuring will be met this time.

Looking forward to that and best wishes !

LTG : )

#3327 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I’ve said two things from the beginning. Pinball is easy; everything that goes into making pinball is not.

Uhhh. Not how I remember you saying it.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/exclusive-interview-deeproot-next-misadventure-pinball-revolution/

#3328 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

— Robert, dT

Well if delivery isn’t coming by June 30 then I’m rolling my claim to whenever it is.

I’m sure most people appreciate the “goodwill” effort and so do I

After all, it’s pinball machines that we want

#3329 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

— Robert, dT

Expo it is then, booking my room now.

#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:I can’t believe I have to remind users here on Pinside, or listeners of podcasts, to assume anything posted (or disseminated) as fact by anyone other than me (personally) is guaranteed to be nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation.

God I love it when Robert chimes in! Haha
I can't wait for the announcements

#3331 4 years ago

It takes time to train all that octopusses!

Looking forward to what's coming!

#3332 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

I’ve said two things from the beginning. Pinball is easy; everything that goes into making pinball is not. We will launch when we are ready, and no sooner.
— Robert, dT

Lol. Hilarious.

#3333 4 years ago

He added the second part at expo last year. All part of his revisionist history on the "pinball is easy" mantra. It's ok though.

I look forward to seeing what they have. Hopefully it's this year. I guess we will know in a few weeks.

#3334 4 years ago
Duke_Nukem (resized).jpgDuke_Nukem (resized).jpg
#3335 4 years ago

Pinball is easy when you are burning through 750k of other peoples money every month with no money coming back in.

#3336 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I'll bet $100.00 to one person that we do not see a shipped game before September 2019, any takers?
Then $50.00 to one person that we so not see a working game shipped by December 2019.

Well, seeing as how you made this bold offer and then never responded when I took you up on it, I'm assuming you were just blowing hot air. So bet is off unless I hear from you. Probably a good thing for me after Deeproots last post here. Clearly they are nowhere near ready.

#3337 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sounds like you were unnecessarily hammered

Iceman's liver must have done something truly terrible to the guy for him to want to punish it so badly.

#3338 4 years ago

If I ever get to a point in my life where I have nothing better to do than to get hammered 5x a week while picking fights on Pinside, I hope someone just takes me out behind the barn and puts me out to pasture.

#3339 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

..., I hope someone just takes me out behind the barn and puts me out to pasture.

We use to take them behind the barn to shoot them not to release them in the pasture.

#3340 4 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

We use to take them behind the barn to shoot them not to release them in the pasture.

Unless you have a pasture right behind your barn

#3341 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pinball is easy when you are burning through 750k of other peoples money every month with no money coming back in.

It’s the bet every investor and entrepreneur make, what is wrong with that ?

#3342 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

It’s the bet every investor and entrepreneur make, what is wrong with that ?

Because they are obviously behind schedule, and have probably had to temper the expectations of said investors from what has been originally arrogantly promised. I hope they have a very patient group of investors.

#3343 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because they are obviously behind schedule, and have probably had to temper the expectations of said investors from what has been originally arrogantly promised. I hope they have a very patient group of investors.

Once your money is in, all that's left is to be patient. A standard slide of a business plan is the growth plan, it usually starts with a small blue box, that becomes bigger the year after and then goes off the slide on Year +2. and everyone knows it's total bullshit but it's still part of the plan !

And for entrepreneur finding the right investors also means getting the people that won't put a gun under your throat if you are late on delivery, because in the end it's always late.

#3344 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well if delivery isn’t coming by June 30 then I’m rolling my claim to whenever it is.

TWIP: As part of the Goodwill Terms on the web page, you state “deeproot Tech will deliver elected game(s) no later than June 30, 2019″. Is that when we can expect to see a deeproot pinball machine for sale?

dr: When the masterpiece is ready, we will let everyone know. By the very terms, that would be the latest date permitted.

#3345 4 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Lastly, I agree with Kaneda that it is not fair that people are holding money back from making other purchases (pinball or otherwise) expecting us to imminently launch.

I would hope nobody is actually doing this. Even if you announced a month from now that you have a fully working whitewood, I'm assuming there's still a lot to do (play testing, coding, animation, sound, artwork, tweaks, building up a production assembly area, ordering parts / tooling). Everyone should be buying whatever pinball looks interesting to them right now. You should never be waiting for the next thing, because there will ALWAYS be the next thing.

#3346 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I would hope nobody is actually doing this. Even if you announced a month from now that you have a fully working whitewood, I'm assuming there's still a lot to do (play testing, coding, animation, sound, artwork, tweaks, building up a production assembly area, ordering parts / tooling). Everyone should be buying whatever pinball looks interesting to them right now. You should never be waiting for the next thing, because there will ALWAYS be the next thing.

When they announce a game it'll be finished. And when you order it they'll be able to deliver it in two weeks. - At least that was the claim or how I understood it.

Even if they manage to do this I guess that won't apply internationally, so I don't care too much for that strict timeframe, but within 3 months at least would be great.

#3347 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

If I ever get to a point in my life where I have nothing better to do than to get hammered 5x a week while picking fights on Pinside, I hope someone just takes me out behind the barn and puts me out to pasture.

#3348 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

TWIP: As part of the Goodwill Terms on the web page, you state “deeproot Tech will deliver elected game(s) no later than June 30, 2019″. Is that when we can expect to see a deeproot pinball machine for sale?
dr: When the masterpiece is ready, we will let everyone know. By the very terms, that would be the latest date permitted.

There is actually a clause in the contract that would allow the credit to roll forward if you don't choose the cash option.

#3349 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

There is actually a clause in the contract that would allow the credit to roll forward if you don't choose the cash option.

Then if you did not like any of the initial Deeproot game choices offered, you could wait and apply the credit to a later game.

Quoted from deeproot:

Anything posted or disseminated as fact by anyone other than me is nothing more than unsubstantiated speculation.

Or maybe this is not true, since this information did not come directly from Robert.

#3350 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Then if you did not like any of the initial Deeproot game choices offered, you could wait and apply the credit to a later game.

Or maybe this is not true, since this information did not come directly from Robert.

DR has to "deliver" games either in person or to a shipper by June 30th. 3 games are supposed to be presented for selection 30 days prior.

If "delivery" doesn't occur by June 30th then "customer" is entitled to compensation in the amount of the "cumulative deposit". Customer will have the option within 180 days from "Delivery date" to roll the credit forward by submitting the request in writing.

I'm just reading directly from the contract. Pretty simple.

Robert actually reached out to some people like myself to get the agreements in before May 31st, which i had forgotten about. And he didn't have to do that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/67?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.