pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.00.36?PM (resized).png
IMG_0119 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.49.27?PM (resized).png
IMG_5406 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

370 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 674 of 674.
#33651 29 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Sure is taking a bit for Bob to put pen to paper.

Yeah I'm a little confused. Mueller was supposed to do the consent order by the 10th (original date of trial).

Was this just a ploy to cause the trial to be rescheduled another 3-4 months? Sneaky sneaky.

#33652 29 days ago
Quoted from Inside:

Yeah I'm a little confused. Mueller was supposed to do the consent order by the 10th (original date of trial).
Was this just a ploy to cause the trial to be rescheduled another 3-4 months? Sneaky sneaky.

I don't know. The SEC's filing did say they were still prepared to go to trial, so maybe they think the same?

#33653 27 days ago

Better late than never

SEC-161-1-2024.06.20.pdfSEC-161-1-2024.06.20.pdfSEC-161-2-2024.06.20.pdfSEC-161-2-2024.06.20.pdf
#33654 27 days ago

Well, now we get to see if DOJ enters the chat.

#33655 27 days ago

Tldr?

#33656 27 days ago

Didn't go through all of it, but doesn't look like he will have the ability to sell securities and a whole Lotta other things he can no longer do.

#33657 27 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Didn't go through all of it, but doesn't look like he will have the ability to sell securities and a whole Lotta other things he can no longer do.

Like a pinball machine?

#33658 27 days ago

basically he won't be able to deal in securities, investments, and be an officer in a company that does those things.

He doesn't have to admit guilt (except in the context of how his fines/payback is dealt with in bankruptcy)

He will agree to pay a civil penality and payback of ill-gotten monies in amounts to be set by the judge

#33659 27 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Well, now we get to see if DOJ enters the chat.

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.51.22?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.51.22?AM (resized).png

Quoted from flynnibus:

He doesn't have to admit guilt (except in the context of how his fines/payback is dealt with in bankruptcy)

But also cannot deny guilt

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.54.07?AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.54.07?AM (resized).png

#33660 27 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

[quoted image]

But also cannot deny guilt
[quoted image]

*yawn* - neither here nor there IMO.

What it isn't is a conviction and a finding of guilt. Everything else is just an agreement to do things. He's no longer in the investment or security businesses.. but so what.. he can still play money and investment games in other industries without having to admit to anything about his wrongdoings in this scam.

A guy who steals your lawnmower and gets a felony theft conviction would suffer more than he does with these terms.

The big outstanding thing here is the judge gets to decide what he is fined and has to pay back. But what's collection on that like?

#33661 27 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

*yawn* - neither here nor there IMO.
What it isn't is a conviction and a finding of guilt. Everything else is just an agreement to do things. He's no longer in the investment or security businesses.. but so what.. he can still play money and investment games in other industries without having to admit to anything about his wrongdoings in this scam.
A guy who steals your lawnmower and gets a felony theft conviction would suffer more than he does with these terms.
The big outstanding thing here is the judge gets to decide what he is fined and has to pay back. But what's collection on that like?

I was just adding detail to your summary to avoid confusion it may generate.

#33662 27 days ago

The plea serves the govt well. Paragraph 14 contains the same penalties basically when defendant is found guilty in SEC court. A possible fine and a recommendation to the DOJ. What stands out to me is this line. "Defendant waives any claim of Double jeopardy, including the imposition of any remedy or civil penalty herein".

In other words this judge can fine him as well as a DOJ judge. And they will send this plea to DOJ.

#33663 27 days ago

Wow what a nothing burger.

Someone stealing a lawnmower three times in a three strikes state would be serving life.

#33664 27 days ago
Quoted from Inside:

Wow what a nothing burger.
Someone stealing a lawnmower three times in a three strikes state would be serving life.

We'll see what happens when the criminal trial (finally) (presumably) begins.

The broad strokes of the consent degree are what it was suggested we could expect. Were you anticipating something materially different?

#33665 26 days ago

And that, effectively, seems to be a wrap on the SEC (insomuch as we can expect to stay up to date):

Text Order GRANTING 161 Motion to Approve Consent Judgment entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. The Court finds this case is appropriate for administrative closure pending the outcome of the remedies hearing. See Mire v. Full Spectrum Lending, Inc., 389 F.3d 163, 167 (5th Cir. 2014) ("District courts frequently make use of this device to remove from their pending cases suits which are temporarily active elsewhere (such as before an arbitration panel) or stayed (such as where a bankruptcy is pending). The effect of an administrative closure is no different from a simple stay..."). The Clerk's office is therefore DIRECTED to ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSE this case pending further order of the Court. Though administratively closed, this case will still exist on the docket of this Court and may be reopened upon request or on the Court's own motion. Parties may continue to file motions and documents in the case. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)

So... where do we monitor to get a heads up once/if the criminal case kicks off?

#33666 26 days ago

Where would a potential DOJ trial take place? Same District? Is there a way to monitor dockets like that?

#33667 26 days ago

And that, effectively, seems to be a wrap on the SEC (insomuch as we can expect to stay up to date):
Text Order GRANTING 161 Motion to Approve Consent Judgment entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. The Court finds this case is appropriate for administrative closure pending the outcome of the remedies hearing. See Mire v. Full Spectrum Lending, Inc., 389 F.3d 163, 167 (5th Cir. 2014) ("District courts frequently make use of this device to remove from their pending cases suits which are temporarily active elsewhere (such as before an arbitration panel) or stayed (such as where a bankruptcy is pending). The effect of an administrative closure is no different from a simple stay..."). The Clerk's office is therefore DIRECTED to ADMINISTRATIVELY CLOSE this case pending further order of the Court. Though administratively closed, this case will still exist on the docket of this Court and may be reopened upon request or on the Court's own motion. Parties may continue to file motions and documents in the case. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)
So... where do we monitor to get a heads up once/if the criminal case kicks off?

Judge has signed order officially staying the case:

ORDER STAYING CASE. Signed by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. (bt) (Entered: 06/21/2024)

#33668 26 days ago

Real quick before the clerk administratively closes this, I’d just like to add (for the record) that Robert Mueller is a short stack of stale asswaffles.

#33669 26 days ago

So the judge isn't even going to issue a fine and penalty?

#33670 26 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So the judge isn't even going to issue a fine and penalty?

Someone will. But from a skim it would seem we won't get those updates through Pacer. Perhaps someone with knowledge of how this stuff works can tell us if there are other means through which we can find out th eventual final outcome.

#33671 26 days ago

SEC might post a blurb about it on their website

#33672 26 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been telling you guys for years that he’s gonna skate and your “don’t drop the soap” fantasies are wishful thinking!!!
Face it! He’s too pretty for jail, too Wiley for justice, and too bold for chains!!!

Yes you did. I was never a don't drop the soap rah rah, but damn I wish you could have been wrong on this.

Theft is theft, but the poor man who steals to feed himself is in jail all while the wanna be millionaires steal old folks entire retirement plans for homes, vacations, sexcapades and diamonds get a slap on the hand, a fine, and go back to everyday life all while converting those old folks into the poor that need to feed themselves.

Our judicial system is fucked and our priorities are fucked.

#33673 25 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Yes you did. I was never a don't drop the soap rah rah, but damn I wish you could have been wrong on this.
Theft is theft, but the poor man who steals to feed himself is in jail all while the wanna be millionaires steal old folks entire retirement plans for homes, vacations, sexcapades and diamonds get a slap on the hand, a fine, and go back to everyday life all while converting those old folks into the poor that need to feed themselves.

This was a civil court case, not a criminal one.

#33674 23 days ago

Official judgment has been entered into the record. I wonder if we get to eventually find out the dollar amount that is due (and what he'll actually end up paying).

SEC-162-2024.06.24.pdfSEC-162-2024.06.24.pdf
#33675 23 days ago

I wonder if we get to eventually find out the dollar amount that is due (and what he'll actually end up paying).

If he isn't able to pay much because he gets convicted in criminal court and is stuck in prison for years, that'd be okay with me.

#33676 23 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Big contributors get a break.

#33677 22 days ago

This was a civil court case, not a criminal one.

I do get that. This is probably a pre indication of what is to come of the criminal trial(s). No no sir, slap on the hand. Probation? House arrest? When in reality hard time for high crime is what should happen.

#33678 22 days ago

Drained this beauty over a year ago and got alerted it was still alive in the “boring” thread by cheese.

This is a white collar crime. Buyer beware, advisors responsible, signing Accredited investors statements.

He will end up paying a hefty price hopefully through fines and licensing revocation.

You say the “justice system is F ed up”.

Come on! Our current “system” in many places lets hard core criminals roam free to do more crime. Again and again.

F that!

The SEC can’t keep up with the amount of massive Cryto scams.

Put him federal prison!

#33679 22 days ago

I guess I'll keep an eye out on https://pcl.uscourts.gov/pcl/pages/search/results/parties.js to see if any new cases pop up re: Robert Mueller

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#33680 22 days ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I do get that. This is probably a pre indication of what is to come of the criminal trial(s). No no sir, slap on the hand. Probation? House arrest? When in reality hard time for high crime is what should happen.

There are only a few ways to get under the Federal sentencing guidelines that I know of.

Number 1. If offered by the govt, cooperators can sign 5K1 deals and rat out everything and everybody they know.

Number 2. Plead guilty for a 2 level reduction. Most common result in DOJ.

Number 3. The judge can agree with defendants motion for downward departure from guidelines at sentencing. Judge must put in writing why they agree with defendants motion.

Once a person has been indicted, it's easy to look up the statute and apply it to the guidelines based upon the defendants prior criminal history. For example for my first offense, my hypothetical crime comes to level 34. I get 2 levels down for pleading guilty. Level 32 is 70 to 87 months. The judge chooses between 70 to 87 months. Unless the judge agrees with a motion for downward departure at sentencing, (rarely) that's it. No slaps on the wrist.

#33681 22 days ago

Sadly, so far this is going about exactly how I expected. Lots of long drawn out periods of wasting time and ultimately a slap on the wrist. Hopefully the criminal case has a bit stiffer punishments but I don't have my hopes up.

#33682 20 days ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

There are only a few ways to get under the Federal sentencing guidelines that I know of.
Number 1. If offered by the govt, cooperators can sign 5K1 deals and rat out everything and everybody they know.
Number 2. Plead guilty for a 2 level reduction. Most common result in DOJ.
Number 3. The judge can agree with defendants motion for downward departure from guidelines at sentencing. Judge must put in writing why they agree with defendants motion.
Once a person has been indicted, it's easy to look up the statute and apply it to the guidelines based upon the defendants prior criminal history. For example for my first offense, my hypothetical crime comes to level 34. I get 2 levels down for pleading guilty. Level 32 is 70 to 87 months. The judge chooses between 70 to 87 months. Unless the judge agrees with a motion for downward departure at sentencing, (rarely) that's it. No slaps on the wrist.

Although you've articulated it on numerous occassions, I'm not sure people appreciate the difference between local/state jurisdictions and the 'Feds'. People have rightfully become jaded from watching their local news where a drunk driver hits a pedestrian and gets off with the proverbial slap on the wrist. My guess is that RM is going to be selecting door #2 in your scenario.

#33683 20 days ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Although you've articulated it on numerous occassions, I'm not sure people appreciate the difference between local/state jurisdictions and the 'Feds'. People have rightfully become jaded from watching their local news where a drunk driver hits a pedestrian and gets off with the proverbial slap on the wrist. My guess is that RM is going to be selecting door #2 in your scenario.

Yeah, glad I'm not familiar like James is.

#33684 16 days ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The wheels of justice turn slowly. Don't hold your breath.

#33685 15 days ago
SEC-165-2024.07.02.pdfSEC-165-2024.07.02.pdf
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 674 of 674.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.