pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.00.36?PM (resized).png
IMG_0119 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 3.49.27?PM (resized).png
IMG_5406 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

370 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 673 of 674.
#33601 58 days ago

Transcript filed of Proceedings held on 5-14-24, Proceedings Transcribed: Status Conference. Court Reporter/Transcriber: Gigi Simcox, Telephone number: [email protected], 210-244-5037. Parties are notified of their duty to review the transcript to ensure compliance with the FRCP 5.2(a)/FRCrP 49.1(a). A copy may be purchased from the court reporter or viewed at the clerk's office public terminal. If redaction is necessary, a Notice of Redaction Request must be filed within 21 days. If no such Notice is filed, the transcript will be made available via PACER without redaction after 90 calendar days. The clerk will mail a copy of this notice to parties not electronically noticed Redaction Request due 6/10/2024, Red acted Transcript Deadline set for 6/20/2024, Release of Transcript Restriction set for 8/19/2024, (gs)

#33602 58 days ago

That would put the document release well after the current trial date

#33603 58 days ago

Shame. Trial will hopefully be long over by then. But in all reality, I think it's basically "Oh noes, a scheduling issue so we need to delay trial." and the judge basically giving them the finger.

#33604 58 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Shame. Trial will hopefully be long over by then. But in all reality, I think it's basically "Oh noes, a scheduling issue so we need to delay trial." and the judge basically giving them the finger.

Assuming that's what was discussed, it doesn't seem like scheduling issues/discussions would need to be held for redaction requests.

The last time a redaction request was on the table was for potential evidentiary issues.

#33605 58 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Assuming that's what was discussed, it doesn't seem like scheduling issues/discussions would need to be held for redaction requests.
The last time a redaction request was on the table was for potential evidentiary issues.

Fair. It is a guess on my part, to be sure. Still, not knowing until it's all said and done stinks.

#33606 58 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Fair. It is a guess on my part, to be sure. Still, not knowing until it's all said and done stinks.

Or it could just be Muller complaining again and trying to throw every procedural hindrance and delay tactic at the wall hoping something will stick.

#33607 58 days ago

Transcript filed of Proceedings held on 10/23/2023, Proceedings Transcribed: Motion Hearing (By Video). Court Reporter/Transcriber: Chris Poage, Telephone number: (210)244-5036 Email: [email protected]. Parties are notified of their duty to review the transcript to ensure compliance with the FRCP 5.2(a)/FRCrP 49.1(a). A copy may be purchased from the court reporter or viewed at the clerk's office public terminal. If redaction is necessary, a Notice of Redaction Request must be filed within 21 days. If no such Notice is filed, the transcript will be made available via PACER without redaction after 90 calendar days. The clerk will mail a copy of this notice to parties not electronically noticed Redaction Request due 6/10/2024, Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 6/20/2024, Release of Transcript Restriction set for 8/19/2024, (cp)

#33608 58 days ago

I guess I can drop by the court house again to see what's up.

Also - no settlement deal yet:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Surprise surprise - turns out the big little county election trial didn't need that much time to resolve

#33609 57 days ago

Some text orders - maybe inside pinged the system (on pacer or in person) in person to get them to show?

Biggest one appears to be not granting motion to further push back trial date

May 14
Text Order GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART 148 Motion to Extend Scheduling Order Deadlines entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. For the reasons stated in open court at the May 14, 2024 status conference, trial remains set for June 10, 2024. All other pre-trial deadlines are vacated. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)

Text Order GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART 148 Motion to Extend Scheduling Order Deadlines entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. For the reasons stated in open court at the May 14, 2024 status conference, trial remains set for June 10, 2024. All other pre-trial deadlines are vacated. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)

Text Order MOOTING 147 Motion to Extend Scheduling Order Deadlines entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Xavier Rodriguez: Status Conference held on 5/14/2024 (Minute entry documents are not available electronically.). (Court Reporter Gigi Simcox.)(wg) (Entered: 05/15/2024)

May 21
Text Order GRANTING 157 Unopposed MOTION for a Status Conference entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. This case is set for an in-person status conference and hearing on all pending motions, if any, on Tuesday, May 28, 2024 at 3:30 p.m. in Courtroom H, United States Courthouse, 262 West Nueva, San Antonio, Texas 78207. If the parties wish to proceed via Zoom, they must notify the Courtroom Deputy, Sylvia Fernandez, at least 48 hours in advance. The parties should be prepared to discuss all pending motions. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (TElc)

#33610 56 days ago

I can see the sticking point with Bob settling with the SEC being that Bob refuses to settle until the SEC admits the pinball venture was viable and good and it's the SECs fault it failed.

#33611 52 days ago
IMG_0119 (resized).jpgIMG_0119 (resized).jpg
#33612 49 days ago

Judge Xavier has switched on the Inside signal

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.00.36?PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-05-29 at 2.00.36?PM (resized).png
#33613 49 days ago

Had a glance at the judge's calendar. Marveling at what are either his mastery of time management, or inability for whomever to manage the calendar.

#33614 43 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Judge Xavier has switched on the Inside signal
[quoted image]

Augh I'll try to go Thursday or Friday.

Gonna need to find my suit since the security guards at the federal courthouse give you the side eye if you look like you don't belong.

#33615 38 days ago

This appears to no longer be on the calendar for today... or this week.

#33616 37 days ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

This is not a criminal trial so it's not quite the same as pleading guilty, but essentially within a SEC consent order the defendant admits guilt and must refuse to deny guilt.

https://www.nelsonmullins.com/insights/blogs/investigations/sec/if-you-can-t-say-something-nice-about-the-sec-don-t-say-anything-at-all

#33617 37 days ago

So potential criminal trial/Netflix next?

#33618 37 days ago
Quoted from Inside:

[quoted image][quoted image]
This is not a criminal trial so it's not quite the same as pleading guilty, but essentially within a SEC consent order the defendant admits guilt and must refuse to deny guilt.
https://www.nelsonmullins.com/insights/blogs/investigations/sec/if-you-can-t-say-something-nice-about-the-sec-don-t-say-anything-at-all

This can't be right. I remember Robert repeatedly saying he was not guilty and demanding a trial.

#33619 37 days ago

Wonder if that consent would be posted like all of the other filings in this case?

#33620 37 days ago

One of these years someone might actually be punished for stealing tens of millions…

Disgusting how quick things would happen if Robert just smash and grabbed a cash register with a few hundred bucks vs defrauding millions out of vulnerable retirees.

#33621 37 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

One of these years someone might actually be punished for stealing tens of millions…
Disgusting how quick things would happen if Robert just smash and grabbed a cash register with a few hundred bucks vs defrauding millions out of vulnerable retirees.

I think he still has the DOJ to worry about. And he's still in BK court, too.

#33622 37 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

Wonder if that consent would be posted like all of the other filings in this case?

Absolutely - once both parties sign off on it then it's part of the public record.

#33623 35 days ago

So this is a plea - Yes?
Meaning he would have come to an arrangement / settlement with the SEC?
How do the people that lost their investments benefit from this, as I assume they all want a pound of flesh?
I sure as hell woould want to see some pain from a person who took my retirement money.
yes, I realise this is pretty much a civil proceeding effectively, but I assume he will effectively get off pretty much scott free here,
If he files bankruptcy, and hides assets with a wife, etc, whats going to happen?
I assume maybe receive a fine he cant pay, an order to payback money he cant and wont make etc, and probably lose priveledges related to owning / operating holding positions as a company office bearer.
But really?

Note - I have visions here of a NFL player who recently died, who eventually retired to sunny Florida and seemed to be seen playing golf most days, after not paying much from a $33M civil judgement, seemed he lived out the golden years pretty well. - not debating whether he did it or not, of if civilly it was a just decision or not, but he did loose, and then sure seemed to thumb his nose at paying much of it, sure looked like he lived well in his retirement, and wasnt forced to live in an old car or a tent by a canal somewhere ( and after that little stint in Jail from a seperate issue later of course )

Or do you think the DOJ will then use this admission for some sort of a criminal trial now, with Prison time being an option?
Account clerks in Australia get prison for a few $thousand in dodgy embezzlements,
I read an article where a guy in the US got life with no parole for stealing 2 X $60 Basketball tops (Probably a 3rd strike, but WTF? )
Then we see here a guy who it seems may have misapropriated Millions and Millions from Investors to sideline business, admitrs it, and its OK?
I would be fuming.

#33624 35 days ago
Quoted from shambles:

So this is a plea - Yes?
Meaning he would have come to an arrangement / settlement with the SEC?
How do the people that lost their investments benefit from this, as I assume they all want a pound of flesh?
I sure as hell woould want to see some pain from a person who took my retirement money.
yes, I realise this is pretty much a civil proceeding effectively, but I assume he will effectively get off pretty much scott free here,
If he files bankruptcy, and hides assets with a wife, etc, whats going to happen?
I assume maybe receive a fine he cant pay, an order to payback money he cant and wont make etc, and probably lose priveledges related to owning / operating holding positions as a company office bearer.
But really?
Note - I have visions here of a NFL player who recently died, who eventually retired to sunny Florida and seemed to be seen playing golf most days, after not paying much from a $33M civil judgement, seemed he lived out the golden years pretty well. - not debating whether he did it or not, of if civilly it was a just decision or not, but he did loose, and then sure seemed to thumb his nose at paying much of it, sure looked like he lived well in his retirement, and wasnt forced to live in an old car or a tent by a canal somewhere ( and after that little stint in Jail from a seperate issue later of course )
Or do you think the DOJ will then use this admission for some sort of a criminal trial now, with Prison time being an option?
Account clerks in Australia get prison for a few $thousand in dodgy embezzlements,
I read an article where a guy in the US got life with no parole for stealing 2 X $60 Basketball tops (Probably a 3rd strike, but WTF? )
Then we see here a guy who it seems may have misapropriated Millions and Millions from Investors to sideline business, admitrs it, and its OK?
I would be fuming.

I think this is akin to him admitting fault, but since it's a civil matter it's not a guilt vs. non-guilt thing. And there's still a 'penalty' phase to this, so really all it does is avoid a jury trial to determine liability.

He's already in bankruptcy court, or at least all of his companies are. That's been going on for about as long as this SEC matter and they have clawed back funds, but no idea the extent, and probably wont get anywhere near what they say he misappropriated.

And, he still has the potential for criminal charges from the Dept. of Justice. So this doesn't end things by a long shot.

#33625 35 days ago

Admitting guilt to the SEC likely not the best setup for the criminal trial

#33626 35 days ago

on a somewhat related story.. Kevin spacey broke down about being dead broke fighting all the lawsuits
https://x.com/PiersUncensored/status/1800562396034892023?t=bxM5mqPiT7ReolmN5rac8Q&s=09

Before you feel bad, there are officially 50 people who have come forward about sexual abuse
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/3/16602628/kevin-spacey-sexual-assault-allegations-house-of-cards

#33627 35 days ago

Admitting guilt to the SEC likely not the best setup for the criminal trial

I wonder if DOJ was waiting for this to occur before they start the ball rolling for whatever they're looking at?

#33628 34 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

on a somewhat related story.. Kevin spacey broke down about being dead broke fighting all the lawsuits
https://x.com/PiersUncensored/status/1800562396034892023?t=bxM5mqPiT7ReolmN5rac8Q&s=09
Before you feel bad, there are officially 50 people who have come forward about sexual abuse
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/3/16602628/kevin-spacey-sexual-assault-allegations-house-of-cards

You would think that he has done enough movies, and also a pretty hefty TV show where he was a lead, realistically his managers should have had residual payments agreed to in his contracts, if not thats a pretty stupid miss, they say the friends cast are all pulling 5 mil a year ea just for the syndicated reruns, Thus you would think a bankabler star in his day would also have had some pretty decent residual checks coming each month.
And, Ive always wondered this, youve been charged, then you need to spend potentially $1000s, if not millions on a legal defence, and your found not guilty, should you have to shoulder the entire costs? never really seemed fair, as it indicates you probably shouldnt have been charged in the first place ( either insufficent evidence, or unadmissable evidence )

#33629 34 days ago

Still not in jail ?

Shame !

#33630 34 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

I wonder if DOJ was waiting for this to occur before they start the ball rolling for whatever they're looking at?

This has been my sense for years

#33631 34 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Still not in jail ?
Shame !

The US is, supposedly, the "leader of the free world" but it takes 6+ years for a court case to go through the process. Utterly pathetic!

#33632 34 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

The US is, supposedly, the "leader of the free world" but it takes 6+ years for a court case to go through the process. Utterly pathetic!

We could have a better future, but our timeline got skewed

#33633 34 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

The US is, supposedly, the "leader of the free world"

Welp, he's free, truth in advertising.

#33634 34 days ago

I’ve been telling you guys for years that he’s gonna skate and your “don’t drop the soap” fantasies are wishful thinking!!!

Face it! He’s too pretty for jail, too Wiley for justice, and too bold for chains!!!

#33635 34 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’ve been telling you guys for years that he’s gonna skate and your “don’t drop the soap” fantasies are wishful thinking!!!
Face it! He’s too pretty for jail, too Wiley for justice, and too bold for chains!!!

I get Better Call Saul vibes. He still has his law license, and there's always an ambulance to chase. Dude needs cashflow to pay all of these liabilities.

#33636 33 days ago
Quoted from sgtski1978:

I get Better Call Saul vibes. He still has his law license, and there's always an ambulance to chase. Dude needs cashflow to pay all of these liabilities.

You think he'll hold onto that license after the SEC deal?

#33637 33 days ago

Law varies by state. It's possible that he gets to hold onto his license. Maybe someone with legal expertise can better speak to this?

#33638 33 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Too big for (whatever size shirt he typically wears)!

#33639 33 days ago

If I were a betting man, I'd say probably not. But I have no idea.

#33640 33 days ago

Yes, for now. If he later becomes a convicted felon, only Texas, Kansas, and Mississippi explicitly state they will not allow felons to keep their law licenses. Seems like a crock of shit until you realize that lawmakers are often lawyers. Forward thinkers for sure.

#33641 33 days ago

One of Robert's LinkedIns is back. Boeing gets a mention. Deeproots do not.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/robert-m-43b5b113

#33642 33 days ago

Which is worse at this point? Deep obviously, just saying.

What game is in his bio here?

Screenshot_20240615_085747_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240615_085747_Chrome (resized).jpg
#33643 33 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Which is worse at this point? Deep obviously, just saying.
What game is in his bio here?[quoted image]

RAZA

#33644 32 days ago

He forgot to add thief to his resume

#33645 32 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He forgot to add thief to his resume

His expertise and skills should include large scale fraud and stalling legal proceedings

#33646 32 days ago

I’ve been under a rock for the past 5 years. Can somebody give me a summary of what is going on here? Last time I was around he was talking about 10 Days of Deeproot or something like that.

#33647 32 days ago
Quoted from drtone:

I’ve been under a rock for the past 5 years. Can somebody give me a summary of what is going on here? Last time I was around he was talking about 10 Days of Deeproot or something like that.

It was found out that he was a massive scammer stealing money from old retirees, there was no real factory in place (just a hodgepodge of industrial equipment, liquidated for pennies to the dollar), and he’s been slowly delaying the inevitable civil and criminal convictions against him.

tl;dr Robert Mueller is a giant piece of shit

#33648 32 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was found out that he was a massive scammer stealing money from old retirees, there was no real factory in place (just a hodgepodge of industrial equipment, liquidated for pennies to the dollar), and he’s been slowly delaying the inevitable civil and criminal convictions against him.
tl;dr Robert Mueller is a giant piece of shit

Wow ok, I hope he gets what’s coming to him.

#33649 30 days ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Yes, for now. If he later becomes a convicted felon, only Texas, Kansas, and Mississippi explicitly state they will not allow felons to keep their law licenses. Seems like a crock of shit until you realize that lawmakers are often lawyers. Forward thinkers for sure.

Most Bar Associations will disbar a lawyer convicted of a felony. A friend committed a felony in NJ and had his NY State Law License revoked via hearing. Took two years but it happened.

#33650 30 days ago

Sure is taking a bit for Bob to put pen to paper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 673 of 674.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.