Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

356 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 653 of 669.
#32601 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

That was a later edit/addition made after my posts.

Doesn't say it was edited. Did the system behavior change at some point to only mention edits if a reason was given?

Either way, I think he's still covered now.

#32602 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Doesn't say it was edited. Did the system behavior change at some point to only mention edits if a reason was given?
Either way, I think he's still covered now.

I don't know what the exact edit window timing is. I think it only adds a tag if a edit comment is added. After that edit window closes, then access to editing posts is more restrictive.

#32603 11 months ago

Can we start a GoFundMe to launch all the Zitware shit into the sun and be done with it?

This is the Curse of Oak Island of pinball. Swallowing fortunes for 200 years...

#32604 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can we start a GoFundMe to launch all the Zitware shit into the sun and be done with it?
This is the Curse of Oak Island of pinball. Swallowing fortunes for 200 years...

Maybe that's the theme of Chris's first game.

#32605 11 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lets keep it local and send Bobby along.

#32606 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stating something as serious as that without factual basis is careless, irresponsible, and could be considered libel. As a side effect, if someone actually believed you, they could potentially retaliate against him for the alleged action.

Deleted. Rumors shouldnt be started....

#32607 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Did you not see the "or not"? I think he's covered.

The GWJ defense!

#32608 11 months ago

New video from Turner pinball in case anyone missed it in the other thread

#32609 11 months ago
Quoted from Seraph:

The GWJ defense!

The best (or not) & the past 2 companies I was talking to have not joined pinball production in the USA. This was back when Deeproot Pinball was still a go. Chris Turner has not been in contact with me.

#32610 11 months ago

I cannot believe chris turner is not in contact with him.

I knew this guy wasn’t serious about making pinball machines.

#32611 11 months ago
Quoted from Seraph:

The GWJ defense!

Amazing how one can type three letters it will summon forth a pinball demon. That is some serious black magic right there…

#32612 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes the gold standard these days… plus doing all your market research with slamt1lt

#32613 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He is probably going to take a look at the Trailer Trash pin GWJ guaranteed us would be at TPF before making the commitment. Then they can work out the details in person.

#32614 11 months ago

Wish you guys a good show at TPF, & what is going on with the remains of Deeproot Pinball. I will not be in Texas until next year for Austin to see my brother & TPF 2024. Maybe by next year Chris Turner will be offering a do it yourself kit, or not. New games to be made, or possibly other pinball ventures.

#32615 11 months ago

This whole “I don’t want to be a detective” crap is what I heard when four years ago we were saying right in this forum that deeproot sucked. Everyone gave deeproot the benefit of the doubt that they didn’t at all deserve once they hired JPOP.

Turner is associated with Robert and deeproot and therefore this whole thing stinks. It’s a scam unless proven otherwise. Even if it wasn’t, it’s indirectly built off of a fraud that scammed retirees out of their money.

#32616 11 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

it’s indirectly built off of a fraud that scammed retirees out of their money.

Where do you draw that line? If the allegations from the SEC are even true (which let's face it, every human being embellishes and adversaries in an SEC enforcement action are no different in that regard) there are literally hundreds of people and vendors that got some of that money. Employees, landlords, vendors all received some of the allegedly tainted money.

IMO Turner is at worst a capitalist opportunist but so are many business owners.

But please people, don't pre-order anything.

#32617 11 months ago

Pinbars for the masses.

#32618 11 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Where do you draw that line? If the allegations from the SEC are even true (which let's face it, every human being embellishes and adversaries in an SEC enforcement action are no different in that regard) there are literally hundreds of people and vendors that got some of that money.

You're comparing vendors who got paid as part of normal business transactions... to someone who was an insider who swoops in with insider knowledge and questionable backing to rebirth the failed venture.

It's easy to draw the line - people on the inside making deals vs people who only engaged through normal courses of business.

Employees, landlords, vendors all received some of the allegedly tainted money.
IMO Turner is at worst a capitalist opportunist but so are many business owners.

Employees and landlords didn't conspire with the devil to keep a sham going.

#32619 11 months ago

Where do you draw that line? If the allegations from the SEC are even true (which let's face it, every human being embellishes and adversaries in an SEC enforcement action are no different in that regard) there are literally hundreds of people and vendors that got some of that money. Employees, landlords, vendors all received some of the allegedly tainted money.

I think it's a pretty clear line, and we all drew it years ago.

Deep Root sucks and is a scam. Everything related to Deep Root sucks and is a scam. No good can from anything related to Deep Root or its scam.

All of Deep Root related bullshit needs to go away, forever, and stop coming back all the time. GO AWAY. For good. Please. For the love of God and all that is holy. No cute puzzles. No more promises. No more dumb videos. No more whitewoods. No more scams.

GO AWAY.

Anyway, that's the line.

#32620 11 months ago

what 7 or 8 new pins released in last few months..thats not enough of a choice? i just do not understand why any one would want this thing..it was over long ago on this pin.screwed more people than you can count..why? let this dog die

#32621 11 months ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The best (or not) & the past 2 companies I was talking to have not joined pinball production in the USA. This was back when Deeproot Pinball was still a go. Chris Turner has not been in contact with me.

We better all start posting about all the companies not seeking our expertise and assistance. Bonus points for talking about being drunk. And broke.

#32622 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Employees and landlords didn't conspire with the devil to keep a sham going.

Sorry, but deeproot didn't "conspire with the devil". They might have tried to, but the devil said "No, I don't want any part of this..."

#32623 11 months ago

I have yet to be contacted by Chris Turner.

I wish he would reach out to me so I could tell him to go away.

#32624 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have yet to be contacted by Chris Turner.
I wish he would reach out to me so I could tell him to go away.

Capcom Pinball still isn't getting back to me for some reason...

#32625 11 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Capcom Pinball still isn't getting back to me for some reason...

I've been calling 1-800-347-5300 for years now trying to get my $6.95 Police Force hat and they are not answering me either.

#32626 11 months ago

Look how big that warehouse is that he has already. The rent on that isn't cheap. See the dudes working in the background. Burning cash. Expect a game offering less than Stern pro for $10k+. Just seems he's diving in a little too fast.

"It’s a scam unless proven otherwise. Even if it wasn’t, it’s indirectly built off of a fraud that scammed retirees out of their money."

I've worked for companies joking if I had a ton of money I'd buy it out and fire the clueless owners. Speculation. Yea he has an uphill battle. 100% agree on the fraud. It's like seeing a financial collapse happening now, seeing someone lose their job and you buy their house for 1/4 the price to take advantage of the current market. Not a good look to be walking around holding what you got at others loss.

#32627 11 months ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Look how big that warehouse is that he has already. The rent on that isn't cheap. See the dudes working in the background. Burning cash. Expect a game offering less than Stern pro for $10k+. Just seems he's diving in a little too fast.
"It’s a scam unless proven otherwise. Even if it wasn’t, it’s indirectly built off of a fraud that scammed retirees out of their money."
I've worked for companies joking if I had a ton of money I'd buy it out and fire the clueless owners. Speculation. Yea he has an uphill battle. 100% agree on the fraud. It's like seeing a financial collapse happening now, seeing someone lose their job and you buy their house for 1/4 the price to take advantage of the current market. Not a good look to be walking around holding what you got at others loss.

its entirely possible thats an outbuilding on his property, which means overhead is minimal until he gets prototypes finished. but i agree you will likely see expensive games for the value you're given. turner won't have volume pricing for a long time if ever.

#32628 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As far as I'm concerned, Turner has gone through the courts legal system to acquire what he has and I have other things to do than play amature detective or worry about imagined conspiracy's.

Man, I really struck a nerve with my amature dectective comment. Why no love for my, imagined conspiracy, mention?

#32629 11 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

We better all start posting about all the companies not seeking our expertise and assistance. Bonus points for talking about being drunk. And broke.

I can confirm that neither Data East nor Gottilieb have reached out to me for my expertise and assistance.

#32630 11 months ago

...from the Ashes of Deeproot, and ultimately, Nana's Retirement Account...

#32631 11 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:Capcom Pinball still isn't getting back to me for some reason...

You may need to reach out to their CEO, George Santos

#32632 11 months ago
Quoted from belairjoe:

what 7 or 8 new pins released in last few months..thats not enough of a choice? i just do not understand why any one would want this thing..it was over long ago on this pin.screwed more people than you can count..why? let this dog die

I kind of love that a few of them are pretty direct F.U.’s to the DR debacle. Yeti’s got a great “fight the aliens” pin with Stern/Foo. Nordman’s got his retro sci-fi GTF with AP. Both games done, ready to be manufactured and shipped. These two games officially bury RAZA into irrelevance.

#32633 11 months ago

Oh and John - I told ya so.

#32634 11 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I kind of love that a few of them are pretty direct F.U.’s to the DR debacle. Yeti’s got a great “fight the aliens” pin with Stern/Foo. Nordman’s got his retro sci-fi GTF with AP. Both games done, ready to be manufactured and shipped. These two games officially bury RAZA into irrelevance.

That curved backbox glass tho!! I kid. RAZA is dead.

#32635 11 months ago

Ben the waters are still warm, & the pool of new manufacturers keep on coming out of the woods. All the small pinball manufacturers around the world getting into the pool. You just need to be ready to burn a shitload of cash. Surprised no one is talking about Mirco getting into the cabinet business in Europe. You would guess he is looking into expanding with the European manufacturers. Chris Turner would likely know in Texas, where Deeproot Pinball was thinking of getting cabinets & playfields done. Like I keep dropping hints over the years the 2 parties were not up North for west to east that I was dealing with in the USA.
Those parties still might be thinking of testing the waters since the selling price of new games still has not hit the ceiling yet, & continue to drive up all old pinball games in price. Better than the stock market over the last 25 years. Pinball is super hot in the home market, & still cold on location. Very few operators buying multiple new games in my region, mostly just one from the pool of major pinball manufacturers.

#32636 11 months ago

... continue to drive up all old pinball games in price. Better than the stock market over the last 25 years.

I just lost my financial advisor and you sound very knowledgeable in the field of financials. Are you available for a consult?

#32637 11 months ago

Ben the waters are still warm, & the pool of new manufacturers keep on coming out of the woods. All the small pinball manufacturers around the world getting into the pool. You just need to be ready to burn a shitload of cash. Surprised no one is talking about Mirco getting into the cabinet business in Europe. You would guess he is looking into expanding with the European manufacturers. Chris Turner would likely know in Texas, where Deeproot Pinball was thinking of getting cabinets & playfields done. Like I keep dropping hints over the years the 2 parties were not up North for west to east that I was dealing with in the USA.
Those parties still might be thinking of testing the waters since the selling price of new games still has not hit the ceiling yet, & continue to drive up all old pinball games in price. Better than the stock market over the last 25 years. Pinball is super hot in the home market, & still cold on location. Very few operators buying multiple new games in my region, mostly just one from the pool of major pinball manufacturers.

Please stop.

#32638 11 months ago

I consider that giving financial advise without a license.

#32639 11 months ago

Phantom company's you can't tell us about but you're allowed to drop hints about them. And your hints are not hints at all but inebriated gobbledygook. Then you weave a babbling story of fiction, mixed with the obvious and/or public information many of us already know.

Your history on Pinside is well documented. At least what is left of your history after the moderators gave a mercy death to much of it.

For six months you created false stories and promises while many of us tried to help you with gifts and money. Here's the only quote of yours that merits a review.
zzzzzTroll post DUP 1 (resized).jpegzzzzzTroll post DUP 1 (resized).jpeg

#32640 11 months ago

In a way I support Chris Turner in his endeavor. He’s worked for Deeproot for many years and has probably been subjected to endless micromanagement and certain CEOs boasting of their skill sets. Wasn’t there a quote of how the DR customer portal was personally designed by a certain someone? Didn’t the RAZA subtitle have the name of some “famous” designer front and center?

It’s exceptionally satisfying to take over someone else’s business and run it better. Here Turner is going to come out on top while managing life insurance policies and a competent pinball machine.

This is the part that bothered me about DR so much: you don’t need “heavy industry,” a fifty designer studio, and/or UL certification to make a pinball machine. You just need a few people and some time. To make a good machine is another story - but having a complete machine? Not that hard.

#32641 11 months ago

John buddy. as someone who greatly appreciates your company and guidance and hopes to for a long time. not even i understand or can decipher your hints had there been any. though this thread does serve as a good read-through about how not to conduct yourself as a business owner so there's that.

#32642 11 months ago

"certain CEOs boasting of their skill sets."

Co-founder, CEO, and Founder of 3 companies all at the same time...
https://www.linkedin.com/in/cturner80/

#32643 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Phantom company's you can't tell us about but you're allowed to drop hints about them. And your hints are not hints at all but inebriated gobbledygook. Then you weave a babbling story of fiction, mixed with the obvious and/or public information many of us already know.
Your history on Pinside is well documented. At least what is left of your history after the moderators gave a mercy death to much of it.
For six months you created false stories and promises while many of us tried to help you with gifts and money. Here's the only quote of yours that I now believe. [quoted image]

He didn't even know what I was alluding to so.... yeah.

Can't wait to play those 10 Trailer Park Boys pins at TPF next week!

SMH.

#32644 11 months ago

Lol that you think you have actual insider information. Classic.

#32645 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Amazing how one can type three letters it will summon forth a pinball demon. That is some serious black magic right there…

Yeaaahhhh, sorry about that. Kneejerk reaction on hearing the other two magic words ("... or not").

#32646 11 months ago

You guys are a good laugh. Deeproot Pinball was interested in me moving to Texas & working there, but I was not going before I got my pension. Same with Andrew Heighway, that I provided some guidance which was likely not used towards printing & production. I have had production agreements with Gottlieb LLC & Planetary Pinball on glass production. Still have past dealings with Dave Fix towards production of glass in the past. Rick & I were looking at old playfields for production but that fell through, & who knows might still be possible in the future. Very few people have the balls to make new playfields. But carry on about I do not deal with industry people. Some groups do not want to be exposed that I deal with around the world, but you guys can believe the contrary to that. I will say that lately Pinball Adventures has changed from we are open to selling or helping out, to do not contact us in the future. No problem with that, & they are on their own for production stuff. Not what I would do but there you go, that rail system is shit along with the Deeproot pinball playfield lift system.

#32647 11 months ago

Some groups do not want to be exposed that I deal with around the world

That's a shocking revelation right there!

#32648 11 months ago

I will say that lately Pinball Adventures has changed from we are open to selling or helping out, to do not contact us in the future.

First encouraging thing I've read regarding Pinball Adventures' prospects for success.

#32649 11 months ago

You guys are a good laugh.

Wait for it…..

Deeproot Pinball was interested in me moving to Texas & working there

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAH!!!

Omg, that’s the funniest thing I’ve read on Pinside since you thought you could threaten Trailer Park Boys into giving you a license that you were incapable of building.

#32650 11 months ago

It's not hard for someone to be interested in you doing work.... for free

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 33,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 653 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/653?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.