• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 652 of 669.
#32551 11 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The suspicious part is that he provided computer services to deeproot and seemed to have a working relationship with RM.

Oh boy - I see..... Convoluted and suspect

#32552 11 months ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The suspicious part is that he provided computer services to deeproot and seemed to have a working relationship with RM.

And most importantly (after Snackdot, of course) was the winning stalking horse bidder for the remaining in-force life insurance policies that were sold off as part of the bankruptcy case for deeproot… having previously been a database admin for a custom investment portal he created for Mueller to manage those same policies.

It’s like the dude was in a deeproot escape pod that managed to jettison from the shuttle while holding the only assets of actual value.

Whether it’s legal or not, it’s gross.

#32553 11 months ago

Guaranteed the Pinbar makes a comeback. I was promised a grand worth of them from the manufacturer for various projects and the deal just vaporized. That has Turner Pinball business practices written all over it.

#32554 11 months ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Oh boy - I see..... Convoluted and suspect

So THATs the smoking gun here!

#32555 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Guaranteed the Pinbar makes a comeback. I was promised a grand worth of them from the manufacturer for various projects and the deal just vaporized. That has Turner Pinball business practices written all over it.

A thousand pinbar units or a thousand dollars off pinbar product?

And why'd you want them?

#32556 11 months ago

Not to nitpick (ok, deliberately to nitpick), but what is with this logo? What’s the pinball doing rocketing down past the flipper, other than conveniently forming a “T?”

Was this generated by an underfed AI?

A524AE97-3499-478C-A808-D89673B98AA8 (resized).jpegA524AE97-3499-478C-A808-D89673B98AA8 (resized).jpeg
#32557 11 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

A thousand pinbar units or a thousand dollars off pinbar product?
And why'd you want them?

As insanely wasteful Robert was he didn’t order a thousand Pinbars. I was going to install a side scrolling DMD that looped The Best Of: RM derproot verbal ejaculations such as “Pinball is easy” and “I consider that to be legal advise” among many other classics…

#32558 11 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Not to nitpick (ok, deliberately to nitpick), but what is with this logo? What’s the pinball doing rocketing down past the flipper, other than conveniently forming a “T?”
[quoted image]

I mean, if you are going to go deeproot, gotta keeping going deeper!

#32559 11 months ago

Can we just skip to the part where this whole turner thing collapses and people are desperately trying to claw their deposit money back from their credit card companies, while Ice sits back laughing saying it was fun and all worth it anyway?

Could save us all like 4 years of idiocy.

#32560 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can we just skip to the part where this whole turner thing collapses and people are desperately trying to claw their deposit money back from their credit card companies, while Ice sits back laughing saying it was fun and all worth it anyway?
Could save us all like 4 years of idiocy.

You got it all wrong. Turner is playing 4D chess and is going to make pinball great again.

#32561 11 months ago

That logo looks like a penis.

#32562 11 months ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

That logo looks like a penis.

You better go see your doctor

#32563 11 months ago

Zidware:

#32564 11 months ago

You can spot 3 Raza's in the video. Does that account for the whereabouts of all of them? Or are some still MIA?

#32565 11 months ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

You can spot 3 Raza's in the video. Does that account for the whereabouts of all of them? Or are some still MIA?

I'm curious where he got those other pins, too. Seems odd to have a guy just all of a sudden into pinball with a number of games. I'm guessing these were all bought under the TP company name as a tax write-off as they were most likely purchased for "R&D purposes"....

#32566 11 months ago

Why does the pinball have a butthole? I thought Robert is no longer involved.

Pinside_forum_7462616_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7462616_0 (resized).jpg
#32567 11 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I'm curious where he got those other pins, too. Seems odd to have a guy just all of a sudden into pinball with a number of games. I'm guessing these were all bought under the TP company name as a tax write-off as they were most likely purchased for "R&D purposes"....

The TNA looks like the CE version with the topper, so it was bought within the last few months.

#32568 11 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

[quoted image]

The Pinside avatar is still the old logo: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/turnerpinball I think I like the new one better.

#32569 11 months ago

As far as I'm concerned, Turner has gone through the courts legal system to acquire what he has and I have other things to do than play amature detective or worry about imagined conspiracy's.

Business' go bankrupt a 1000 times a day and there is always someone or some company there to salvage for pennies on the dollar. Its smart business and an everyday occurrence whether anyone likes it or not.

Now the question for me becomes, can Turner make it work?
I don't have anything invested but I do have a curiosity of what he has plans for.

It's going to be a last minute call for me, but I was already leaning towards heading to TPF anyway. I would enjoy stopping by the Turner booth and chatting with Chris to see what's what.

FYI. It's not my style to be intrusive or ask other peoples questions.

#32570 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

As far as I'm concerned, Turner has gone through the courts legal system to acquire what he has and I have other things to do than play amature detective or worry about imagined conspiracy's.
Business' go bankrupt a 1000 times a day and there is always someone or some company there to salvage for pennies on the dollar. Its smart business and an everyday occurrence whether anyone likes it or not.
Now the question for me becomes, can Turner make it work?
I don't have anything invested but I do have a curiosity of what he has plans for.
It's going to be a last minute call for me, but I was already leaning towards heading to TPF anyway. I would enjoy stopping by the Turner booth and chatting with Chris to see what's what.
FYI. It's not my style to be intrusive or ask other peoples questions.

I totally respect your viewpoint, but to briefly "defend" my own--

"Amateur Detective" is kind of in the DNA of this monstrosity of a thread, and we all *absolutely* have better things to do than play along.. but I enjoy it, so I do.

I've said several times that I don't think Turner has really done anything legally wrong, and I'm not suggesting that he deserves any kind of retribution. I think I conceded once or twice before that he seems like a good enough dude, other than maybe not being able to "read the room" very well.

I won't disagree that TuYo swooping in and buying up those policies was shrewd, smart business. I just have a really hard time respecting them for it, knowing the context. I think I would have felt better if there were more of an effort from the bankruptcy lawyers to find additional bidders.. Some competition there would have felt less like the system was being taken such advantage of. The "justice-seeker" in me would have preferred to see a fairer sale for a higher value, maybe increasing the pool of funds available to pay off more debts to those owed repayment.

I wouldn't want my "how I built this" story to begin with this particular anecdote, but that's just me personally. I know it's water under the bridge for most, so I'll drop it.

#32571 11 months ago

Stern Electronics was started by rummaging through the corpse of Chicago Coin bought at a bankruptcy auction

Then again Sam Stern also formerly owned a distribution company, then co-owned and ran Williams for a number of years before starting his own pinball company with his goofy son Gary.

#32572 11 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I totally respect your viewpoint, but to briefly "defend" my own--
"Amateur Detective" is kind of in the DNA of this monstrosity of a thread, and we all *absolutely* have better things to do than play along.. but I enjoy it, so I do.
I've said several times that I don't think Turner has really done anything legally wrong, and I'm not suggesting that he deserves any kind of retribution. I think I conceded once or twice before that he seems like a good enough dude, other than maybe not being able to "read the room" very well.
I won't disagree that TuYo swooping in and buying up those policies was shrewd, smart business. I just have a really hard time respecting them for it, knowing the context. I think I would have felt better if there were more of an effort from the bankruptcy lawyers to find additional bidders.. Some competition there would have felt less like the system was being taken such advantage of. The "justice-seeker" in me would have preferred to see a fairer sale for a higher value, maybe increasing the pool of funds available to pay off more debts to those owed repayment.
I wouldn't want my "how I built this" story to begin with this particular anecdote, but that's just me personally. I know it's water under the bridge for most, so I'll drop it.

My comment was in general and not directed at you. I meant you no offense. In fact, you're one of my preferred Pinsiders and I always respect your thoughts whether I agree with them or not. And it helps that you're not from Texas.

#32573 11 months ago

Until/If Turner gives us a reason to dislike/distrust him, I'm glad to root for him. Guy worked 4+ years on pinball only to have the whole thing brought down by the industry's biggest scandal. It's understandable why someone who invested so much/long in something creative that imploded due to the misdeeds of others might want to keep going.

#32574 11 months ago

I think the main concern we all share about Turner is the probability that it's a puppet company being secretly directed, run, or funded by RM. Also, it's hard not to think about all the good fortune Turner had in acquiring the massive quantity of goods from the liquidation sale. He was part and parcel to DR's developmental side, along with the software development(which was kept out of the sale), probably getting paid a hefty sum over and above anything we'll ever know, and has now fallen bass-akwards into a pinball production company at a substantial material startup discount.

If/when our concerns are alleviated or proven to not be true somehow, then I'll be happy for him.

#32575 11 months ago

My main worry is that RAZA -which looked like an absolutely terrible game - might possibly be revived.

This alone is enough reason to both distrust and fear this guy.

#32576 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My main worry is that RAZA -which looked like an absolutely terrible game - might possibly be revived.
This alone is enough reason to both distrust and fear this guy.

Pinbar. It's the prospect of the Pinbar being revived that should really keep you up at night.

#32577 11 months ago

If RAZA 3.0 comes out, I won't know wether to laugh or cry.

#32578 11 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think the main concern we all share about Turner is the probability that it's a puppet company being secretly directed, run, or funded by RM. Also, it's hard not to think about all the good fortune Turner had in acquiring the massive quantity of goods from the liquidation sale. He was part and parcel to DR's developmental side, along with the software development(which was kept out of the sale), probably getting paid a hefty sum over and above anything we'll ever know, and has now fallen bass-akwards into a pinball production company at a substantial material startup discount.
If/when our concerns are alleviated or proven to not be true somehow, then I'll be happy for him.

At this point, Bobby aint got time to try and sort this out. I doubt he is involved at all, other than trying to keep what whatever is left of the $$$ stole.

#32579 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If RAZA 3.0 comes out, I won't know whether to laugh or cry.

You know... if they got licensing permission and literally just made new Cyclone pinball machines with Rottendog Boards and CPR playfields and sold them for $6999 a pop I bet they'd sell 500 in a heartbeat if there were no pre-orders. I'm guessing they'd actually be able to sell more cyclones than RAZAs.

#32580 11 months ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Pinbar. It's the prospect of the Pinbar being revived that should really keep you up at night.

I have a feeling the PinBar(tm) is coming back and better than ever!

#32581 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That's a low bar (no pun intended)

#32582 11 months ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If RAZA 3.0 comes out, I won't know wether to laugh or cry.

The market spoke already on it, twice. Only ~100 orders each time.

#32583 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Somebody is paying attention…

#32584 11 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Somebody is paying attention…

The main reason i beleive this is because you stated a few days ago you had a deal for the pinbars, and that deal died.. They went somewhere.

#32585 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The main reason i beleive this is because you stated a few days ago you had a deal for the pinbars, and that deal died.. They went somewhere.

There is so much I want to say. Just no upside to it. I live my life skeptical of coincidences. With Deeproot there are many…

#32586 11 months ago

If none of this works out, he always has the option to jettison, and escape in the Pin-pod!

#32587 11 months ago
Quoted from homebrood:

If none of this works out, he always has the option to jettison, and escape in the Pin-pod!

Nothing is safe in the pinpod! Remember it used the actual contents to secure it, to itself or some such nonsense. Also, will it fit through the standard villians escape launch pad door?

#32588 11 months ago

Yeah, that Pin-pod was just one of the many next-gen engineering innovative marvels that deeproot upended the entire pin industry with! LOL

Good news is, there is an upgrade to the standard villians escape launch pad door that will accommodate the Pin-pod!

#32589 11 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Until/If Turner gives us a reason to dislike/distrust him, I'm glad to root for him. Guy worked 4+ years on pinball only to have the whole thing brought down by the industry's biggest scandal. It's understandable why someone who invested so much/long in something creative that imploded due to the misdeeds of others might want to keep going.

What did he 'work on pinball'?

Wasn't the line before that he only worked on the software for the deeproot funds efforts?

#32590 11 months ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What did he 'work on pinball'?
Wasn't the line before that he only worked on the software for the deeproot funds efforts?

He started with the financial portal software, then was asked to work on the game software.

#32591 11 months ago

Deleted. It was a joke sheesh.

#32592 11 months ago

"there is always someone or some company there to salvage for pennies on the dollar."

Right, but usually it isn't someone from within the company. I mean it's possible he has zero ties, was merely an employee, zero bad intentions going forward, but there is still a string of connection there that writing it off as jr detectives is odd. It will always be speculation both ways. We got 1 more week to see what we are looking at and how much more cash to burn before releasing a product. If they try to license a big theme, then I'd be worried. So much headache and money going that way right out of the gate.

#32593 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Then he told the feds what RM was up to. Here we are.

Are you guessing/assuming that? I don't recall reading about that detail.

#32594 11 months ago
Quoted from Miguel351:

I think the main concern we all share about Turner is the probability that it's a puppet company being secretly directed, run, or funded by RM

Not a chance in hell

#32595 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Are you guessing/assuming that? I don't recall reading about that detail.

Just adding fuel to the dumpster fire! Could have happened..

#32596 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just adding fuel to the dumpster fire! Could have happened..

Stating something as serious as that without factual basis is careless, irresponsible, and could be considered libel. As a side effect, if someone actually believed you, they could potentially retaliate against him for the alleged action.

#32597 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Stating something as serious as that without factual basis is careless, irresponsible, and could be considered libel. As a side effect, if someone actually believed you, they could potentially retaliate against him for the alleged action.

Did you not see the "or not"? I think he's covered.

#32598 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

On Pinside? Pinside where rumors and twisted gossip are quoted as facts, five minutes after being posted?

A mouse could fart in Japan and a day later a nuclear mushroom cloud would be reported over New York City.

#32599 11 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This sure sounds like giving legal advice without a license.
Seems like we've been warned about that before........................

#32600 11 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That was a later edit/addition made after my posts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Tools
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Tools
$ 49.99
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,432 posts in this topic. You are on page 652 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/652?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.