Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 643 of 672.
#32101 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Deeproot Pinball fiasco is a mega beast. Likely a few whales or pinball companies looking into it.

You keep repeating this ad-nauseam. I don’t think you know what you are talking about. You’ve never once in all this time given a shred of evidence to back up your claims.

#32102 1 year ago

People will see how it plays out, & believe what you want. Just like all those that think I do not talk with industry people. Continue to leave some bread crumbs for those that might be able to gleam some information, or not. Just like people seem to think I am some kind of drunk or alcoholic over the years. Texas is a big state with lots of money, could be more players than people think. Guess who might know, or not. Or they could die, or not as a new pinball company. Pinball is still very hot & likely to get even better with more players.

#32103 1 year ago

People will see how it plays out, & believe what you want. Just like all those that think I do not talk with industry people. Continue to leave some bread crumbs for those that might be able to gleam some information, or not. Just like people seem to think I am some kind of drunk or alcoholic over the years. Texas is a big state with lots of money, could be more players than people think. Guess who might know, or not. Or they could die, or not as a new pinball company. Pinball is still very hot & likely to get even better with more players.

GWJ Bingo!
1. How it Plays Out
2. Bread Crumbs
3. Drinking Reference
4. Mysterious Players
5. This, That, or possibly Something Else

#32104 1 year ago

Sir you confuse gibberish with evidence. They are not one and the same.

#32105 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

Sir you confuse gibberish with evidence. They are not one and the same.

I will never convince a number of people here. Same with some parties I deal with do not want to be exposed. So believe or not, breadcrumbs are there for people that are interested, or a bunch that are not. Will have to have others explain it to them, or not. Hear much from Chris Turner, maybe not.

#32106 1 year ago

hahaha they don't want to be exposed "Thanks for calling, but please don't tell anyone I'm talking with you".

#32107 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

hahaha they don't want to be exposed "Thanks for calling, but please don't tell anyone I'm talking with you".

You got it for people that want to get in the business or already in it. Be a player which I am not interested in, but they are. Do not think Dave Fix has come out to the public about the 2 new groups he knows. But maybe I missed it. Hard to keep up with every single player, but likely many know my name which could be good or bad. Maybe a breadcrumb or more in my posts.

#32108 1 year ago

John
Do you want to know why people think you're a drunk or alcoholic? Along with your self-reporting, it's because of your barstool fallacies and incoherent message.

There is only one person you are fooling here, and that's yourself.

#32109 1 year ago

Do not think so Kim. But I will leave for a bit to see the story unfold. People will believe what ever they want, cannot hammer time over their head to believe! Had my 4 beers at the workshop earlier, & drinking diet pop all night. But likely people will think otherwise. Carry on.

#32110 1 year ago

Either he’s an Alcoholic. Or he isn’t.

Is this the kind of quality content I’ve been missing over at the trailer trash thread?

#32111 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Either he’s an Alcoholic. Or he isn’t.
Is this the kind of quality content I’ve been missing over at the trailer trash thread?

We learned that dogs are chick magnets in the trailer trash thread.

#32112 1 year ago

Hi John, hypothetical question: if you were a completely different person and read the user greatwichjohn's posts on this thread, would you think he had inside info and understand what he was saying?

#32113 1 year ago

If AP has the capital, they should try to buy out that IP if they're considering doing any kind of future work on or with MG. The last thing they need now is to get the credit for doing 12 MG's, then have Turner decide to either sue them or start making the game themselves off the backs of their hard work.

image.gifimage.gif
#32114 1 year ago

I noticed the feds convicted a local man here for fraud up to 1.5 million. 2 1/2 years passed from last criminal act to conviction.

I've thought this is taking a long time but guess the feds have to use the SEC first and then indict as standard operating procedure for this type of crime. Once indicted, federal cases seem to move more swiftly. Defendants are usually granted a few motions to continue but cases are often concluded by 9 months to a year at most. Unless there are multiple defefendants which can drag it out to maybe 18 months or so from indictment to judgement.

#32115 1 year ago

A couple "serious" questions.
Does anyone know who the Texas UL tester and Washington State contractor are who apparently have the RAZA prototypes?
Does that mean that Robert was actually pursuing UL listing?

Goonies and The Who are both in the list of pinball IP. Does that mean that there are licenses that go along with those, or not?

#32116 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Goonies and The Who are both in the list of pinball IP. Does that mean that there are licenses that go along with those, or not?

It's highly unlikely that there are any licenses included with anything.

First, it's unlikely that Deeproot ever had licenses for these things.
Second, even if they existed, it's unlikely that the licenses would be transferrable.

#32117 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

It's highly unlikely that there are any licenses included with anything.
First, it's unlikely that Deeproot ever had licenses for these things.
Second, even if they existed, it's unlikely that the licenses would be transferrable.

They can theoretically be transferred. Depends on how the contract was written. When Heighway was going down, they were trying to sell their license agreements for Queen and Playboy

#32118 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

A couple "serious" questions.
Does anyone know who the Texas UL tester and Washington State contractor are who apparently have the RAZA prototypes?
Does that mean that Robert was actually pursuing UL listing?

The UL tester is Intertek in Dallas. I believe that this was mentioned earlier.

I’m surprised that they held onto the equipment - they usually chuck it if its been sitting around too long.

#32119 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They can theoretically be transferred. Depends on how the contract was written. When Heighway was going down, they were trying to sell their license agreements for Queen and Playboy

Transferring licenses is "theoetically possible", but as I said...unlikely.

And it's very rare that you can transfer them without the IPs owner's direct approval, and there's a good reason for that.

You can't just sell your Disney license to Kanye West, without Disney's say-so.

#32120 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And it's very rare that you can transfer them without the IPs owner's direct approval, and there's a good reason for that.

Good thing those Heighway and deeproot licenses weren't owned by Disney

#32121 1 year ago

MG is a neat game. Thematically it's a lot more consistent than whatever the hell RAZA was supposed to be. It's no Elwin table but it plays decently enough.

I'm sure there's a market but isn't the legal aspect a complete cluster? Didn't John sign away all his rights at least twice before Robert even was in the picture?

#32122 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

This.. I'm not a license expert, but from what I gather.. when an IP commits to a company, there's the "holding fee" where they agree not to license that IP to another similar company (say pinball company) for so many years, and then there's the negotiation of what's included in the IP "which actor likenesses, voices, etc", and then there's the negotiation of fees per thing (toy, art, etc), and I'm sure that's based on price of item and more importantly volume. If you're Stern pinball, the volume probably gets them very good IP fees. If you're someone like spooky, it's probably tough getting a well known license for a good price, and that license fee gets embedded in the cost of every machine. It's also why I don't think a license would transfer very well, every company is different (volumes, history, how they execute the license).

#32123 1 year ago

Webex link for Tuesday's deeproot pinball IP stalking horse / sale procedure motion hearing at 9:30 am central is the usual one for Judge Parker: https://us-courts.webex.com/meet/Parker

#32124 1 year ago

David Fix

D515BC57-C28A-4CC3-9684-1DF88A790803.gifD515BC57-C28A-4CC3-9684-1DF88A790803.gif
#32125 1 year ago

Bankruptcy lawyer payments request round two. 137 pages. Looks like some details of interest in the billable hours relevant to today's hearing.

Doc also provides a summary of what has transpired with various assets (TX office, Utah office, Hawaii condo, car wash, pinball IP, insurance policies, etc).

deeprootcapital-189-2022.11.01.pdfdeeprootcapital-189-2022.11.01.pdf

#32126 1 year ago

My excerpts of interest from the overview (haven't gotten into the exhibits). A handful of potential adversary proceeding previews + other new (to me, at least) clawback attempts by the trustee.

Though I'm sure the devil is in the details, you'd be forgiven for thinking an employee dishonesty claim regarding Robert's actions would on its face sound like a home run.

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.40.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.40.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.46.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.46.38 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.47.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.47.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.47.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.47.36 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.49.06 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.49.06 AM (resized).png
#32127 1 year ago

And we're live from TX.

"If this is a private conversation, I can hear you."

#32128 1 year ago

First up is late objector to the Hawaii condos settlement that got Robert's dad and stepmom off the hook with this court. Attorney reading through financial details but it's a hard listen. Judge jumping in asking for people to mute so he/we can hear her.

I'm jumping off at the top of the hour, likely before we get to any pinball stuff.

#32129 1 year ago

Anyone catch if there was anything interesting?

#32130 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

And we're live from TX.
"If this is a private conversation, I can hear you."

Funny how after all this time passed with remote working people still can’t figure out how to “mute”…

#32131 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Funny how after all this time passed with remote working people still can’t figure out how to “mute”…

I doubt that any/many WFH people were on this meeting. Probably just a bunch of defrauded grandmas hoping to 5cents/dollar invested back.

#32132 1 year ago

83. On August 26, 2022, PC&P submitted a claim and proof of loss to Nationwide
Mutual Fire Insurance Company on behalf of the Trustee and the Bankruptcy Estate of PSI, the
named insured under a certain Premier Businessowners Policy, Policy Number ACP BPOF
3086393858 (the “Policy”) issued by Nationwide Mutual Fire Insurance Company
(“Nationwide”), pursuant to the Optional Coverage for “Employee Dishonesty $100,000 Policy
Occurrence” included in the Policy, for loss occurring through the dishonesty of Robert Mueller.
By letter dated September 2, 2022, Nationwide denied the Trustee’s claim.

Wow... that's an actual insurance one can get..

#32133 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

Wow... that's an actual insurance one can get..

Yeah, but notice that the claim was denied. The denial was likely based on RM not being an "Employee" but being the head of everything.

#32134 1 year ago

Check this out

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.54.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.54.27 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.53.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.53.14 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.54.04 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 7.54.04 PM (resized).png

#32135 1 year ago
Things-Are-Going-to-Start-Happening-FI (resized).jpgThings-Are-Going-to-Start-Happening-FI (resized).jpg
#32136 1 year ago

Yeaahhh. Now we're talking

#32137 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:Yeaahhh. Now we're talking

Thats a bit of a twist...

#32138 1 year ago

I googled deeproot fbi and found this yahoo answers-esque thread from an insurance agent seeking advice for what to do with a firm (deeproot) that stopped sending checks and responding to calls/emails. It was posted August 18, 2021, two days before the SEC dropped the hammer.

https://www.justanswer.com/law/hiw7m-i-m-insurance-agent-referred-clients.html

Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.09.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.09.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.09.49 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.09.49 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.23 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-01 at 10.10.41 PM (resized).png
#32139 1 year ago

Blue highlighted FBI multiple times but regarding the US Attorney/FBI subpoena any US attorney involvement is much more important to me.

US Attorney's office should be calling the shots about now in the investigation. It's kinda like Detective Lenny Briscoe is a pain in the ass, but District Atty Jack McCoy is the one thats gonna kick your ass. In this case its a lady US Attorney. Likely this asshole's actions have emotionally pissed her off like the rest of us. Stealing from the elderly pisses off most people.

#32140 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thats a bit of a twist...

Not that I really care but I'm interested in the downvote lol

#32141 1 year ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Blue highlighted FBI multiple times but regarding the US Attorney/FBI subpoena any US attorney involvement is much more important to me.
US Attorney's office should be calling the shots about now in the investigation. It's kinda like Detective Lenny Briscoe is a pain in the ass, but District Atty Jack McCoy is the one thats gonna kick your ass. In this case its a lady US Attorney. Likely this asshole's actions have emotionally pissed her off like the rest of us. Stealing from the elderly pisses off most people.

FBI was highlighted because it was the search term I used for getting the excerpts to screenshot.

#32142 1 year ago

Paging David Fix, Chris Turner, hypothetical new jpop patrons, iceman, and aspiring pinball moguls:

The game is afoot.

The horse is stalked.

The deeproot (and Zidware?) pinball IP is up for sale.

Nov 15:
- Deadline for $25k deposit and $60k+ sealed bid
- Deadline for filing objections to the sale

Nov 22:
- Hearing to approve the sale

Nov 28
- Closing of the sale

deeprootcapital-195-2022.11.02.pdfdeeprootcapital-195-2022.11.02.pdf

#32143 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not that I really care but I'm interested in the downvote lol

Well if you don't care, then send me a private message to find out.

#32144 1 year ago
E6Cck0qWUAU9hzM (resized).jpgE6Cck0qWUAU9hzM (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2022-11-02 at 2.28.46 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-11-02 at 2.28.46 PM (resized).png
#32145 1 year ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image][quoted image]

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#32146 1 year ago

Predictions for how the sale plays out?

With zero inside knowledge, my guess is Turner gets it for $50k, despite all the public and private talk of AP interest.

One could imagine the zidware rights ending up a monkey wrench. But that would only be if Bill wanted them to be one. And he actively elected to not throw his weight around with DR.

#32147 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Predictions for how the sale plays out?
With zero inside knowledge, my guess is Turner gets it for $50k, despite all the public and private talk of AP interest.
One could imagine the zidware rights ending up a monkey wrench. But that would only be if Bill wanted them to be one. And he actively elected to not throw his weight around with DR.

Just a hunch, but I’m guessing one or several anonymous but interested parties either bid, don’t bid, or go their own route.

#breadcrumbs

#32148 1 year ago

It would be nice "if it dies" but you can't underestimate the purple hazy allure of 1990's JPOP "magic"

We need some other company to make a "John Style" AIW and break the spell. Anyone wanna gimme 100k?

#32149 1 year ago

How could you possibly sell enough of these to make it worth the investment?

If somebody tries, it'll be fun to watch the fiasco unfold.

#32150 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Well if you don't care, then send me a private message to find out.

Nah.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 643 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/643?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.