Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 633 of 672.
#31601 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

tHis iS n0t dEEpRoOt 2.O

It will be helpful when we hear more from Turner.

#31602 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I really wish I could get a Pin Pod. I think it would be a great attraction at pinball shows. Rent space so it shows up on vendor map so it shows up as "Deeproot Pinball" only to have the Pinpod there.

“Sleep inside a pin pod for Charity!”

#31603 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Hey man I’m just saying how it went down. My plan was to turn it into a wall hanging display that ran thru all the classic RM quotes. That was my main interest and after months of being assured I would get them it was all just flash in the pan.
If you want to chalk it up as a conspiracy theory because it makes for good reading that is fine. But for me I think this is the logical conclusion.

I’m not chalking it up to anything besides it being fucking awesome!!

Can’t believe some evil power player swept in and stole the pinbars. It’s so deliciously cinematic!

#31604 1 year ago

This Pinbar you speak of is valuable in one way. It gives the player something to aim for with his fist after a cheap drain.

#31605 1 year ago

The Pinbar could be used as a scrolling recruitment advertisement for the SEC.

#31606 1 year ago

Jason McKinnie was joined at the hip with Bobby.

Had a handful of conversations with him. The first one was when he called to ask me to “cease and desist” making negative comments back in 2016.

The last one ended with me talking to him about a “breach of contract” claim against Bobby after he denied access to the DR facility per our contract. Wasn’t gonna waste the time.

He works for a good firm. I’ve known the head partner Ted Lee from way back in my Ernst & Young days. I sent him a potential client afterwards.

Seems like a good guy that helped a bad guy. They might have gone to school together?

Greg Yost, surprised he’s involved with this.

#31608 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not chalking it up to anything besides it being fucking awesome!!
Can’t believe some evil power player swept in and stole the pinbars. It’s so deliciously cinematic!

That's it! This time, the movie rights alone will pay for the development of the machines. Ingenious!

#31609 1 year ago

So if you buy machines and sell for profit you are a pinball flipper but if you buy machines that were never made to try and make a profit you are a pinball Turner?

#31610 1 year ago

Approved

deeprootcapital-131-2022.07.27.pdfdeeprootcapital-131-2022.07.27.pdf
#31611 1 year ago

All this for a clunky neon barf colored ripoff of Cyclone.

This industry is insane.

#31612 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

This industry is insane.

I surmise it is the reason we are all here... On the razors edge.

#31613 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

On the razors edge.

e5e11d724b227a689be95b534bfbf8df (resized).pnge5e11d724b227a689be95b534bfbf8df (resized).png
#31614 1 year ago

The whole Turner Logic and TuYo thing still smells of something rotten..

I don't see a small time app dev rolling in the money enough to bankroll things in the million+ of cash outlay.. and certainly not things he can borrow from a bank for. Where's Youst getting this bankroll?

These just seem like too big of swings for people to take out of their fun-money piggy banks. And certainly not things you'd mortgage your bread and butter business for. So where's the up front money coming from?

The numbers all still feel way off here...

#31615 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The whole Turner Logic and TuYo thing still smells of something rotten..
I don't see a small time app dev rolling in the money enough to bankroll things in the million+ of cash outlay.. and certainly not things he can borrow from a bank for. Where's Youst getting this bankroll?
These just seem like too big of swings for people to take out of their fun-money piggy banks. And certainly not things you'd mortgage your bread and butter business for. So where's the up front money coming from?
The numbers all still feel way off here...

#31616 1 year ago

Pretty socially tone deaf of Turner to use the Deeproot url. Yep. Software engineer.

#31617 1 year ago

Will this be deeproot 2.0 or zidware 3.0 if jpop resurfaces! That would be insane.

#31618 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

How long before this Chris is known as T-man?

Well, if we're still decoding word games, Turner Pinball can be extracted into Return Pinball. But, what would be returned? The missing "elephant-in-the-room" which derives from the Zidware debacle are the lost deposits.

American Pinball made the Magic Girl games. Deeproot refunded a few RAZA/AIW deposits in part. I suspect that any company associated with deeproot assets in any substantial fashion ought to seriously consider the return of unreimbursed deposits, especially those of hobbyists from the early stages, before the Jpop implosion.

#31619 1 year ago
Quoted from Scandell:

Pretty socially tone deaf of Turner to use the Deeproot url. Yep. Software engineer.

As a software engineer, forget socially tone deaf, think of the built in SEO!

#31620 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

All this for a clunky neon barf colored ripoff of Cyclone.
This industry is insane.

I prefer cyclone personally

#31621 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It will be helpful when we hear more from Turner.

Yes, I’d love to hear if he’s looking forward to sharing a prison cell with Robert. That’s the only place this leads.

#31622 1 year ago

It’s always interesting when people pick up bankruptcy or other distressed assets thinking they can turn it into gold. It rarely works out which is why the assets became distressed in the first place.

#31623 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

It’s always interesting when people pick up bankruptcy or other distressed assets thinking they can turn it into gold. It rarely works out which is why the assets became distressed in the first place.

"This time it's different"

#31624 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

"This time it's different"

It is, normally you start again with little to no debt.

#31625 1 year ago

Finish the code, tweak the machine, throw the pinbar in the garbage, have American pinball build the machines for you, hope they sell.

*The only way I see this getting built.

#31626 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

Just like Zidware 2/Deeproot

#31627 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Finish the code, tweak the machine, throw the pinbar in the garbage, have American pinball build the machines for you, hope they sell.
*The only way I see this getting built.

American would never touch anything associated with Jpop ever again. So, guess it’s never getting built.

#31628 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

American would never touch anything associated with Jpop ever again. So, guess it’s never getting built.

Had to come in because you are likely wrong. Dave Fix already said he might be interested in certain assets of Deeproot Pinball. Jpop is still out there, & might have already found a new home.

#31629 1 year ago

Special Counsel approved. Now the trustee gets an accountant, too.

deeprootcapital-131-2022.07.27.pdfdeeprootcapital-131-2022.07.27.pdf
#31630 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Had to come in because you are likely wrong. Dave Fix already said he might be interested in certain assets of Deeproot Pinball. Jpop is still out there, & might have already found a new home.

Assets of Deeproot doesn't equal building a Jpop game. He already F’d them at the start of their company, and they know there’s zero demand for his product or reason to get involved with him again. There are only net negatives. Jpop might have found a new home, as I can’t imagine his family wants him around anymore. As for pinball? Never again.

#31631 1 year ago
Quoted from clempo:

The bonus being a restart with a huge profit generator supporting the purchase.

#31632 1 year ago

it says :"14180 new posts since my last visit"

any new game here?

#31633 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

it says :"14180 new posts since my last visit"
any new game here?

No Pin, But I can see the same people being played....

#31634 1 year ago

Deeproot, 7 years old

Quoted from Roostking:

No Pin, But I can see the same people being played....

the company still alive (without anything to sell)?

#31635 1 year ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Deeproot, 7 years old

the company still alive (without anything to sell)?

Yes, Rip Van Winkle, a couple of things happened while you were out.

#31636 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

Yes, Rip Van Winkle, a couple of things happened while you were out.

and none of it good...

#31637 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

and none of it good...

Other than the SEC stepping in.

#31638 1 year ago

If Turner wants a fast track he should hire Jon Norris for his recent street level design. All COTS parts, no ramps to have made, and actually flowed a lot better than I expected in the shooting video I recently saw. Hire Jon, and have a clause that if it’s not available to buy in 2-3 years that Jon gets the layout rights back and can shop it elsewhere.

Use FAST or Multimorphic boards, hire Jan to do the MPF wizardry and all that’s left is the manufacturing. That’s the easy part, so no big deal.

#31639 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If Turner wants a fast track he should hire Jon Norris for his recent street level design. All COTS parts, no ramps to have made, and actually flowed a lot better than I expected in the shooting video I recently saw. Hire Jon, and have a clause that if it’s not available to buy in 2-3 years that Jon gets the layout rights back and can shop it elsewhere.
Use FAST or Multimorphic boards, hire Jan to do the MPF wizardry and all that’s left is the manufacturing. That’s the easy part, so no big deal.

Haven't seen this video of it in action. Would you link?

#31640 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That sounds very un deep root.

No pinbar, no peace !!

#31641 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Haven't seen this video of it in action. Would you link?

#31642 1 year ago

No side drains? Bobby was right - pinball is easy!

#31643 1 year ago
Quoted from frobozz:

No side drains? Bobby was right - pinball is easy!

It looks like it almost drains on the left at the 40 second mark - but I can't tell if it was just a close call or the outlane is blocked.

It's just a prototype test vid anyways to show some of the flow and it looks decent.

#31644 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

other than TNA, the street level style games have pretty much gone over like a led zepplin (see what I did there) in the community. It does look fun and flowy though I gotta admit. If it was priced right....maybe...or it could be cosmic carnival 2.0

#31646 1 year ago

There are a lot of differences between what's in the video and what's on that concept layout

And nothing against Jon, but I love the "very easy to clean & maintain" comment in his flyer. I'm a big fan of pinball flyers and that's a classic selling point on the games that don't have a lot going on. Just an amusing thing I noticed about flyers over the years.

#31647 1 year ago

I love these more classic layouts. There is no reason why this could not be marketed for a couple or even a few grand less than current pro model pricing. Imagine a new pin for less than a Stern home pin. I think it’s possible…

#31648 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are a lot of differences between what's in the video and what's on that concept layout
And nothing against Jon, but I love the "very easy to clean & maintain" comment in his flyer. I'm a big fan of pinball flyers and that's a classic selling point on the games that don't have a lot going on. Just an amusing thing I noticed about flyers over the years.

It’s the same layout in video as flyer. The side drains were cropped out from view, but they are there. The video was flipped because I decided to flip the playfield to have the spinner shot from right flipper. The seven-bank of strandup targets in video are three extra-wide (1-1/2” wide) standups, but 7 regular 1” wide standups will fit. The new plunger shot delivers ball to right ball lock area.

I also replaced the Power Scoop at Pop Bumpers with a standup target.in the most recent version to save money. Power Scoop isn’t needed since balls can be stopped at the side “Ball Lock” lane. Mystery was moved to the right-side lock. I also deleted the left lock to save money.

Yes, “Easy to clean” was a big selling point for simple games. I used the Bally “Feature-Gram” from the 1970s as a model to make the flyer.

#31649 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

There is no reason why this could not be marketed for a couple or even a few grand less than current pro model pricing.

They can be “marketed” for whatever you want but can they be built profitably for less than a stern? I doubt it. Remember mafia? That wasn’t less than a stern pro at the time. Sterns power is that they have bulk pricing and have all the equipment to build that’s been paid for since the 80s. Any new startup doing low volume would have a near impossible time beating sterns prices.

#31650 1 year ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

They can be “marketed” for whatever you want but can they be built profitably for less than a stern? I doubt it. Remember mafia? That wasn’t less than a stern pro at the time. Sterns power is that they have bulk pricing and have all the equipment to build that’s been paid for since the 80s. Any new startup doing low volume would have a near impossible time beating sterns prices.

Yeah but you just crossed two topics... a cheaper game vs a startup company. One does not necessarily involve the other.

And Jon's focus on COTS parts means less pinball-specific tooling. You need an manufacturer, but not necessarily a fabricator. These companies exist... it's just pinball is still quite a complex unit to build out due to sheer scale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 633 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/633 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.