View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 630 of 672.
#31451 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I said Jpop is living in pinball land.

Assuming it's something like this.

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 5.53.33 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-11 at 5.53.33 AM (resized).png
#31452 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Assuming it's something like this.
[quoted image]

Not enough purple

#31453 1 year ago

Aren’t we all living in Pinball Land?

#31454 1 year ago

Pinball Land to me is where all the big manufacturers are for almost 100 years.

#31455 1 year ago

Oh. Chicago.

I kind of liked pinball land better when I thought it was some kind of existential fantasy plane.

#31456 1 year ago

I said Jpop is living in pinball land. Have no idea if the new players hired him or not. Time will tell his lawsuit against him is winding down.

6mgare (resized).jpg6mgare (resized).jpg

#31457 1 year ago

Have we given up on trying to decipher what the heck is going on with the website? I know there are no recent updates but that seemed slightly more productive than the conversation of late

pinball_land.gifpinball_land.gif
#31458 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Have we given up on trying to decipher what the heck is going on with the website? I know there are no recent updates but that seemed slightly more productive than the conversation of late
[quoted image]

Unless another new clue pops up, it's just too cryptic with too many missing pieces.

#31460 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Unless another new clue pops up, it's just too cryptic with too many missing pieces.

I agree…need another clue. I keep heading back over to The Nihilist cipher decoder, and other grid based ciphers, over on dcode without any luck.

If you want to try your luck on different keywords to use on a Nihilist cipher decoder…put this in as the ciphertext
“32 73 48 89 95 27 92 19 45 43 39 52 34 99 57 96 74 24 86 61”
And start plugging away aimlessly . Maybe you’ll get lucky

#31461 1 year ago

I just came here to say this is the funniest shit ever. Pinball land LOL. Is that like New Jersey minus Paterson and Elizabeth

#31462 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Have you not considered that GWJ is an unrecognized genius, and this cipher was just his ploy to keep the thread going until he could hijack it for good ?

#31463 1 year ago

Nihilist ciphe? I thought it was an Atbash cipher given the "biblical cipher" clue. regardless I do think another clue is needed on how to take the hex codes and translate them into some sort of alphabet.

#31464 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

Nihilist ciphe? I thought it was an Atbash cipher given the "biblical cipher" clue. regardless I do think another clue is needed on how to take the hex codes and translate them into some sort of alphabet.

I tried quite a few different 2character numeric pair to text based ciphers (e.g. atbash, polybius square, Caesar, keyboard key based locators, periodic table of elements based, etc…dcode has tons of decoders to try) and I keep coming back to thinking it’s the Nihilist one…something about figuring out a keyword string from the word puzzle as well as the range of numeric pairs we are dealing with. That and what’s the point of the word search? The hex codes just came from getting error code values from the bank of 20 words.

More clues would be better at this point.

#31465 1 year ago

Promised SEC status conference today prompts scheduling of status conference for September. Snooze.

SEC-61-2022.07.05.pdfSEC-61-2022.07.05.pdfSEC-62-2022.07.14.pdfSEC-62-2022.07.14.pdf
#31466 1 year ago

v9 of the puzzle dropped. Next clue is "The key to this puzzle is that the puzzle is the key."
So...yea, they are going for the slow burn approach here.

#31467 1 year ago
Quoted from WindRaidor:

v9 of the puzzle dropped. Next clue is "The key to this puzzle is that the puzzle is the key."
So...yea, they are going for the slow burn approach here.

In other news: water, wet.

#31468 1 year ago

Dude. Puzzle Person. You've got like three people playing along here. We're going to lose interest if the clues don't get more substantive.

#31469 1 year ago

I like not participating in this. It probably annoys whomever is doing the puzzles, because you know they're having fun watching people try to decode it while also thinking they're smart for making a simple puzzle that hasn't been solved yet.

#31470 1 year ago

Finally got it. I was almost there a couple of weeks ago, but some of the clues from round 1 were throwing me off during round 2.

When I first started looking at the error codes, I couldn't believe that they were actual hex numbers. There were no zero digits, and there were no a through f digits. This seemed to me like it should be a set of indices into a table. And, lo and behold, we had a table in front of us: The word search. I tried indexing into the word search from the top left corner with no luck, though. I gave up after that, because one of the clues from round 1 said "The word search is a red herring."

Like everyone else, the "cipher is Biblical" clue had me looking for some variation of the Atbash cipher. That really didn't seem to fit, though. I returned to a few different variations off and on, but nothing ever felt right.

I actually had considered that the "Biblical" here may reference "Fire and Brimstone," but I wasn't sure how that would fit in. Today's clue sent me back to the word search puzzle, though: "The puzzle is the key." "Fire and Brimstone" began in the lower left corner, so maybe the indexing should start from there? Sure enough: Using the 0x32 error from attackned, count over 3 from the bottom and up 2: 'G'. Then 0x73, the error code from the URL ending in deeproot: 'O'. Etc., etc., until you end up with GOTOSECRETMESSAGEURL. Put https://deeprootpinball.com/gotosecretmessageurl/ in your browser, et voila!

I followed the instructions there and, yeah, I used my real name & e-mail. Probably a bad idea, but whatever. If this gets me on Greatwichjohn's whale list, he'll be sorely disappointed at my lack of fundage.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#31471 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Finally got it. I was almost there a couple of weeks ago, but some of the clues from round 1 were throwing me off during round 2.
When I first started looking at the error codes, I couldn't believe that they were actual hex numbers. There were no zero digits, and there were no a through f digits. This seemed to me like it should be a set of indices into a table. And, lo and behold, we had a table in front of us: The word search. I tried indexing into the word search from the top left corner with no luck, though. I gave up after that, because one of the clues from round 1 said "The word search is a red herring."
Like everyone else, the "cipher is Biblical" clue had me looking for some variation of the Atbash cipher. That really didn't seem to fit, though. I returned to a few different variations off and on, but nothing ever felt right.
I actually had considered that the "Biblical" here may reference "Fire and Brimstone," but I wasn't sure how that would fit in. Today's clue sent me back to the word search puzzle, though: "The puzzle is the key." "Fire and Brimstone" began in the lower left corner, so maybe the indexing should start from there? Sure enough: Using the 0x32 error from attackned, count over 3 from the bottom and up 2: 'G'. Then 0x73, the error code from the URL ending in deeproot: 'O'. Etc., etc., until you end up with GOTOSECRETMESSAGEURL. Put https://deeprootpinball.com/gotosecretmessageurl/ in your browser, et voila!
I followed the instructions there and, yeah, I used my real name & e-mail. Probably a bad idea, but whatever. If this gets me on Greatwichjohn's whale list, he'll be sorely disappointed at my lack of fundage. [quoted image]

Can't wait for the link to default to this:

#31472 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

I followed the instructions there and, yeah, I used my real name & e-mail. Probably a bad idea, but whatever. If this gets me on Greatwichjohn's whale list, he'll be sorely disappointed at my lack of fundage. [quoted image]

Nice job! That's what I had been doing, but I hadn't started from the bottom corner.

#31473 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#31474 1 year ago

Word puzzles are too hard on my brain, & it is not me.

#31475 1 year ago

Word puzzles are too hard on my brain, & it is not me.

Just having a bit a of fun with you!

#31476 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Nice job! That's what I had been doing, but I hadn't started from the bottom corner.

Thanks! After it originally didn't happen from the top left, I think I did try upper right at the time. Or maybe I did try the lower left, but used the first digit as y axis and second as x? Or something. I gave up pretty quickly because of the "red herring" clue. Today's clue finally gave me what I needed to look at it again.

While I was only doing it for the jollies, I wouldn't turn down a pallet of deeproot water bottles. Or a prototype Raza, though I guess those are spoken for.

#31477 1 year ago

So, now I guess we get to look forward to the "something interesting" that's happening on July 25. Any guesses?

#31478 1 year ago

Deeproot 2.0 Pinball, maybe this is what is being hinted at. Like the 2 new pinball companies opening soon as per Dave Fix talk. Not with me!

#31479 1 year ago

John is right there are 2 more companies spooling up. Just in time for recession!

As Gary said re Jack "Come on in, the waters cold!"

#31480 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

John is right there are 2 more companies spooling up. Just in time for recession!
As Gary said re Jack "Come on in, the waters cold!"

The recession is looming!

LOOMING I TELL YA!

#31481 1 year ago

It's not looming. It's here.

#31482 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not looming. It's here.

How can be it both looming and here?

I'm getting a lot of mixed messages!

#31483 1 year ago

But pinball is hot. More players want to jump into the pool. Not just USA, but worldwide. Higher prices for games is likely leading the way.

#31484 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

So, now I guess we get to look forward to the "something interesting" that's happening on July 25. Any guesses?

UL certification has finally been obtained

#31485 1 year ago

But pinball is hot. More players want to jump into the pool. Not just USA, but worldwide. Higher prices for games is likely leading the way.

pinball is also pricing people out. Now that pinball has hit the $15k mark (more than a brand new chevy spark base model with far more complexity and parts), and too many companies producing games with subpar quality... see arcade crash of 1984, its coming.

#31486 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Well done / congrats! It will be interesting to see what's next.

This puzzle has been run far more competently than anything associated with deeproot. So if those involved actually intend to do anything deeproot 2.0 related, they'd stand a better chance of success than did 1.0 (even if that chance ends up .01%).

#31487 1 year ago

#31488 1 year ago

So…has anyone reverse phone looked up the 575 number to see who owns it?

#31489 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Knapp Arcade called it, but I don't know of anyone that has looked it up yet.

#31490 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Knapp Arcade called it, but I don't know of anyone that has looked it up yet.

It's a Twilio virtual number (like google voice)

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.50.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-15 at 12.50.16 PM (resized).png
#31491 1 year ago

Newsflash. Prices have come down in the last month.

#31492 1 year ago

Yes the looming and current and future past recessions have popped the bubble and pinball prices are back to 2011 levels.

Just like happens every month.

#31493 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I ran a reverse decipher recipher on the 1st and 3rd digits. Both calaculations point to the New Mexico area code. Val Kilmer?

#31494 1 year ago

I said a few pages back each line of the word search was 20, it had to be there. I was right. No damn clue how you guys figured it out though. Well done!

#31495 1 year ago
Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.15.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-23 at 2.15.59 PM (resized).png
#31496 1 year ago
IMG_2383 (resized).jpgIMG_2383 (resized).jpg
#31497 1 year ago

There have been a lot of deeproot countdowns, each more odiferous than the last.

#31498 1 year ago

Honestly, I completely forgot about this. Been busy with actual pinball stuff.

#31499 1 year ago

Maybe be my Big Whale for $100k US.

#31500 1 year ago

Looking forward to announcement - pinball machines for everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 630 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/630 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.