• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 669.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow. I thought the number was $7. No risk of the cash burn ending anytime soon.

Sec Reg D filing. Public record

Updated every August

So lots of burn/runway

#3102 4 years ago
Quoted from KoolFingers:

lolol But you could throw that out your car window doing 60mph, backup to get it, but drive over it, and still make a phone call with it. Today’s phone can’t be dropped 3’ and survive without and sometime with a case.

That old phone’s six D-cells would die during a five minute call. A smartphone can handle at least a half-hour (jk no one uses the phone part of their smartphone anymore)

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sec Reg D filing. Public record
Updated every August
So lots of burn/runway

Any idea about how much JJP raised ? I'm curious to see how this compares although JJP already had a foot in the market when they did their raise.

#3104 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That old phone’s six D-cells would die during a five minute call. A smartphone can handle at least a half-hour (jk no one uses the phone part of their smartphone anymore)

Or you can buy this very sexy Energizer phone !

Energizer (resized).PNGEnergizer (resized).PNG
#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Any idea about how much JJP raised ? I'm curious to see how this compares although JJP already had a foot in the market when they did their raise.

The difference is Jack has a single deep pocket investor to keep going to the well if necessary

Being a private transaction nobody knows but the bailout after TH had to be millions

In DR case 88 individuals/entities ponied up $16 mill as of last August, an average of about $181k each

DR will/should hit the ground running versus the multi year JJP slog

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The ball is the same as the car, it's the moving object, and it's the one that has the IR camera. The difference on the ball is that it rolls, so it would need either a very reactive gyroscope or an array of IR lights, each on its own frequency most likely.
I am not saying this could replace the switches as I don't even think the switches are what needs to be replaced, but I am saying there are other methods than a camera to track a moving object in a closed environment.

Two words to solve all these problems......

Sonar.

#3107 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I found an image of what your smart phone would look like if it were limited to 35 year old tech like a pinball machine.
[quoted image]

I made a boat load of money selling those. Somebody is probably paying top dollar for those now

#3108 4 years ago

I waited, 350 posts later with flame and all you guys got is a video of Raza?

#3109 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I waited, 350 posts later with flame and all you guys got is a video of Raza?

No, we got huge insights into the importance of ball tracking too

#3110 4 years ago

Very interesting debat on technology.

Look. The basic game of pinball that we love, the playfield, has not changed since flippers was placed at the bottom. Yes, P3 and others have. But talking about the mechanical game, wood playfield, whatever, I dont think new technology will be driven by game elements like ball tracking. It will be driven by manufacturing costs and more reliable ways of doing it. And bling.

Pinball is traditionally a product with reliabillity issues. The pounding around a steel ball and pumping solenoids basically brakes the damn thing. So, custommers are certain they will have to repair it at some point. Manufactures want to stay with good old switches that are simple to test.

Yes, there may arise some brilliant solution some time, that meets expectations for manufactures and custommers alike. But until then it is a hard sell to do anything else.

And bringing a point of my previous post. Does a pingame without visually identifiable switches feel right?

Oh and one other thing. Traditional switches are rather small. Rather shallow namely. Prehaps this is an advantage underneath the playfield.

#3111 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Pinball is traditionally a product with reliabillity issues.

For my new-to-pinball friends I refer to pins as “Rube Goldberg machines, with scoring.” The fact that they work even somewhat as intended - especially decades later - is a miracle.

#3112 4 years ago

I don't care how they track the ball - I never look under the hood of my car
Give me a great theme, awesome artwork, cool stuff the ball does with a fun to shoot machine and I am in!
Too much to ask?

#3113 4 years ago

We need that off-topic feature built ASAP

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

And bringing a point of my previous post. Does a pingame without visually identifiable switches feel right?

Alien has inductive switches, so you don't see them and I think it is awesome to not have a cut into the playfield to put a switch through. It doesn't affect the feel of the game to me.

#3115 4 years ago

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example, the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.

One of the reason I mention this is because I sense an evolution of improving attitudes here towards Jpop. It seems to me that more and more people are now speaking up in supporting John. And I get it, as I see reasons to support him and Deeproot too.

Anyway, I find the recent attitude change here interesting from where we began long ago, along with my own evolution.

Whether I collect my judgment against Jpop in time or not, I intend to purchase a RAZA or other Deeproot machine, pending inspection and production of course. - Do as you like but those are my thoughts.

Note: I still hate Whysnow. Hopefully I can maintain some street cred with that.

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Two words to solve all these problems......
Sonar.

Thats one word!

#3117 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.
One of the reason I mention this is because I sense an evolution of improving attitudes here towards Jpop. It seems to me that more and more people are now speaking up in supporting John. And I get it, as I see reasons to support him and Deeproot too.
Anyway, I find the recent attitude change here interesting from where we began long ago, along with my own evolution.
Whether I collect my judgment against Jpop in time or not, I intend to purchase a RAZA or other Deeproot machine, pending inspection and production of course. - Do as you like but those are my thoughts.
Note: I still hate Whysnow. Hopefully I can maintain some street cred with that.

Who did Why Snow rip off? I guess I don't understand the hatred for him.

#3118 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Who did Why Snow rip off? I guess I don't understand the hatred for him.

Search back over the Predator mess.

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Search back over the Predator mess.

Surely that can't be the only reason

#3120 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Surely that can't be the only reason

...and stop calling me...

#3121 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Does a pingame without visually identifiable switches feel right?

You don't miss them at all in Alien. The switch with actuator isn't really part of the pinball lore everyone is attached to. Switches have been implemented dozens of different ways in pins... from buttons, to targets, to wires, to spring plates, to invisible beams of light or magnetism.

People want the idea that action = reaction... they don't care how the game 'knows'.

Switches are just a very practical way to solve the location problem on a playfield.

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I think that is just more and more people around now that aren't as informed about the past. Late comers who haven't listened to the insiders... or who didn't live through zidware... etc.

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think that is just more and more people around now that aren't as informed about the past. Late comers who haven't listened to the insiders... or who didn't live through zidware... etc.

Nah, it's that now you can post 'reasonable' things without getting completely flamed by the angry mob.

Edit:
Not that the mob is completely gone as you can see.

What I mean by reasonable:
Crazy Levi might poop on JPops games and get's upvoted for that, but nontheless JPops games are still in the Top 20 and people want his games, that's the reason they gave him money in the first place. You can deny and downvote that but it's still a matter of fact. One year ago I'd not have one downvote for that statement by now but over 50, so it get's better!

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

the bailout after TH had to be millions

What's your proof/source for this? I seriously haven't heard/read anything like this.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

What's your proof/source for this? I seriously haven't heard/read anything like this.

"Had to be" in my understanding of your language hints at an assumption and therefore his statement is appropriate.
(Wich doesn't mean it's right.)

#3127 4 years ago

Could we please keep this thread on topic? This thread should be about deeproot and any associated updates, reveals, etc. This thread has in large part turned into a thread about new technology that could be incorporated into pinball. I feel there is plenty to discuss regarding new pinball technology to warrant its own thread. Just my thoughts and very much looking forward to what deeproot has to offer...best of luck to them...thanks!

#3128 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Could we please keep this thread on topic? This thread should be about deeproot and any associated updates, reveals, etc. This thread has in large part turned into a thread about new technology that could be incorporated into pinball. I feel there is plenty to discuss regarding new pinball technology to warrant its own thread. Just my thoughts and very much looking forward to what deeproot has to offer...best of luck to them...thanks!

Sorry for that. It was not my intent to "discuss technology" I just (while waiting) wanted to bring ideas to the table (and read some of others) how Deeproot will be able to get us a Ferrari at a Fiat pricepoint, like they claimed.

#3129 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

If you truly love a thread, you must set it free.

#3130 4 years ago

No apology necessary...it was just a suggestion.

#3131 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

These posts are at least keeping the thread up on the site - it's not like there's a lot of DR news to discuss!

#3132 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.

Well said! Very respectful and classy.

#3133 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Hear, hear. I'm happy to hear someone articulate this. I too was a victim of JPop like many others, and I felt especially stung after feeling like we had at least a passing friendship that developed over several years. I visited with John at his shop, took him out for dinner, corresponded with him, talked with him on the phone, helped on a few issues he had early on by making suggestions which I believe he used. And I sent him lots of money like others.

After it was obvious that John was failing, I offered more help and was ignored, and finally shut down, ghosted. Never heard a word from him after that. Always expected he would re-emerge and apologize to some of us. But to the best of my knowledge, he never has apologized to anyone he burned.

And I was very pissed-off at John, and at losing the money. But with the promise of Deeproot and their pledge to make things right, I feel like any lingering hatred of John is now misplaced. Calls to fire him, or to not buy any of Deeproot's games because of John's participation seem ridiculous to me. John was surely incompetent and dishonest, but ultimately a victim of his own narcissism. More of a fool than a crook. And this is a common story in business. I've seen it a dozen times in my own career. Those like us who trust early and lay down money behind that trust in anticipation of a great innovative product often get burned.

Harboring hatred for John or Deeproot isn't going to help (or hurt) anything or anyone. It's a waste of effort. The people that hate Deeproot because John works for them are very naive. Do they also hate and/or avoid buying products from other (non-pinball) companies that knowingly hire dishonest people? Good luck with that. I'm just looking forward to getting my RAZA as promised by Robert, and letting my last bit of disgust for Jpop get lost in my enjoyment of the game.

#3134 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't miss them at all in Alien. The switch with actuator isn't really part of the pinball lore everyone is attached to.

You see, I am not so sure. The mechanical verification of a "finish line" is not to be overlooked. I think.

Granted. The cutout outlined bare-wood style of traditional switches looks like crap (favourite rant is the Tower of TWD - a sharp bend with this straight switch-slice, bwdr). But, does - nothing - work? Add-in the technical challange, cost??? challange, calibration challange, costummer diagnostics'n'repair challange.

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I’ve been trying to collect my thoughts about the Jpop hate in this thread. For me, I’m mostly over it and I have better reasons than most to be angry. I’m continuing along with my lawsuit against the man and I do seek justice. But at this point I’m weary of my posturing in the past and I’m especially tired of these useless, drive-by, Pinside out bursts of hate. Example, the non-sequitur comment a few pages back about Deeproot needing to fire Jpop.

Sorry he burnt his bridges and I despise him and will never like him. His overall attitude is poison and that's contagious in an organjzation. The sooner the cancer is caught, the better. Jpoop is cancer in this industry.

#3136 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

You see, I am not so sure. The mechanical verification of a "finish line" is not to be overlooked. I think.

All I can say is... no one cried the loss of pinball purity after Optos became popular in the 90s.. and no one is at any loss when optos are used over blade switches even today. And no one bemoans how alien looks or plays simply based on the lack of under PF wire switches popping through.

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Sorry he burnt his bridges and I despise him and will never like him. His overall attitude is poison and that's contagious in an organjzation. The sooner the cancer is caught, the better. Jpoop is cancer in this industry.

I think people forget all the things he did.. he'd make statements like "check your ego at the door", yet he would comment on homebrew games not having painted vent grills even though his shooter rod didn't line up with the ball (or have a groove).

"Starting a pinball is easy, but finishing it is hard" - Yes you've proven that point.

He'd ask for volunteer help, and then either ignore that help or cop an attitude.

It wasn't that he failed to build a complete working pinball, he failed at three (yet took money on all three even though he knew he could never deliver the 1st without someone bailing him out), and it still didn't function because of failed mechs and failure to pay the programmer working on his game.

He never apologized to the buyers, instead he sued them.

I have no doubts John has some imagination, but I fail to see anyone supporting him unless they don't know his history.

#3138 4 years ago

Im not trying to stir the pot but as someone who was extremely upset at having missed out on preorder of the first two of the three games I am very curious as to specifics of the lawsuits filed by Jpop against those who filed suit against him.
what did they do to him do?
Defamation/slander?
On a positive note I Hope deeproot will produce these machines and deliver something to the people who preordered.
Wayne’s MM fiasco went on for many years (almost 10?)and amazingly the games finally got made.
hopefully another miracle will happen!

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Im not trying to stir the pot but as someone who was extremely upset at having missed out on preorder of the first two of the three games I am very curious as to specifics of the lawsuits filed by Jpop against those who filed suit against him.
what did they do to him do?
Defamation/slander?
On a positive note I Hope deeproot will produce these machines and deliver something to the people who preordered.
Wayne’s MM fiasco went on for many years (almost 10?)and amazingly the games finally got made.
hopefully another miracle will happen!

Wayne was a lot of hot air but he never stole anybody’s money. Hard to call it a “fiasco”.

#3140 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Quoted from doghouse:

Hear, hear. I'm happy to hear someone articulate this. I too was a victim of JPop like many others, and I felt especially stung after feeling like we had at least a passing friendship that developed over several years. I visited with John at his shop, took him out for dinner, corresponded with him, talked with him on the phone, helped on a few issues he had early on by making suggestions which I believe he used. And I sent him lots of money like others.
After it was obvious that John was failing, I offered more help and was ignored, and finally shut down, ghosted. Never heard a word from him after that. Always expected he would re-emerge and apologize to some of us. But to the best of my knowledge, he never has apologized to anyone he burned.
And I was very pissed-off at John, and at losing the money. But with the promise of Deeproot and their pledge to make things right, I feel like any lingering hatred of John is now misplaced. Calls to fire him, or to not buy any of Deeproot's games because of John's participation seem ridiculous to me. John was surely incompetent and dishonest, but ultimately a victim of his own narcissism. More of a fool than a crook. And this is a common story in business. I've seen it a dozen times in my own career. Those like us who trust early and lay down money behind that trust in anticipation of a great innovative product often get burned.
Harboring hatred for John or Deeproot isn't going to help (or hurt) anything or anyone. It's a waste of effort. The people that hate Deeproot because John works for them are very naive. Do they also hate and/or avoid buying products from other (non-pinball) companies that knowingly hire dishonest people? Good luck with that. I'm just looking forward to getting my RAZA as promised by Robert, and letting my last bit of disgust for Jpop get lost in my enjoyment of the game.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

I think people forget all the things he did.. he'd make statements like "check your ego at the door", yet he would comment on homebrew games not having painted vent grills even though his shooter rod didn't line up with the ball (or have a groove).
"Starting a pinball is easy, but finishing it is hard" - Yes you've proven that point.
He'd ask for volunteer help, and then either ignore that help or cop an attitude.
It wasn't that he failed to build a complete working pinball, he failed at three (yet took money on all three even though he knew he could never deliver the 1st without someone bailing him out), and it still didn't function because of failed mechs and failure to pay the programmer working on his game.
He never apologized to the buyers, instead he sued them.
I have no doubts John has some imagination, but I fail to see anyone supporting him unless they don't know his history.

Isn't JPop still suing (or countersuing?) a selection of preorder customers on the premise that they caused damage to zidware in some way by exposing what was happening?

#3141 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

Maybe you can call Jack and ask him yourself

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lol Kim!

Glad you got out of your Magic Girl with a profit. That is a small club of people.

I hope we ALL can move forward and benefit. At least DR is trying to make it right after all these years.

Only the lawyers win. Still true years later. Nobody is ever getting a dime out of Jpop. Still

#3143 4 years ago

Wow... flew through today's 35 posts pretty quickly... (:

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol Kim!
Glad you got out of your Magic Girl with a profit. That is a small club of people.
I hope we ALL can move forward and benefit. At least DR is trying to make it right after all these years.
Only the lawyers win. Still true years later. Nobody is ever getting a dime out of Jpop. Still

So Kim is a lawyer too?

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Wow... flew through today's 35 posts pretty quickly... (:

Nothing to see here.

Time Marches On.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wayne was a lot of hot air but he never stole anybody’s money. Hard to call it a “fiasco”.

It was a fiasco not fraud. I’m here for pinball not to debate the definition of words in the English language.
Let’s get back on point.
Deep roots promo video is pretty cool but when will we see a pic/vid of an actual machine or part of one even if it’s just a tease?
Or we can go back to the discussion of ball tracking and micro switches.
497A0547-1349-4E55-8FCC-19FCEF3889D6 (resized).jpeg497A0547-1349-4E55-8FCC-19FCEF3889D6 (resized).jpeg7357A5B4-E64D-4958-9183-7FEE5A1FDC72 (resized).jpeg7357A5B4-E64D-4958-9183-7FEE5A1FDC72 (resized).jpeg

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

So Kim is a lawyer too?

No but he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!

He "led" the lawsuit group which in my opinion is a waste of time and money. Years later and nothing.

I and others chose the DR "credit" route that Robert offered.

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No but he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night!
He "led" the lawsuit group which in my opinion is a waste of time and money. Years later and nothing.
I and others chose the DR "credit" route that Robert offered.

The lawsuit was filed years before Deeproot Pinball existed and long before a credit was even an option. To present them as an, either or choice is misleading, which you often do on Pinside. And without the lawsuit, the offer of a credit might never have come to anyone.

Would I change things with the benefit of hindsight? Maybe.

Some of us are men of action while others prefer to flap their gums on the internet.

#3149 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The lawsuit was filed years before Deeproot Pinball existed and long before a credit was even an option. To present them as an, either or, is misleading, which you often do on Pinside. And without the lawsuit, the offer might never have come. - Would I change things with the benefit of hindsight? Maybe.
Some of us are men of action while others prefer to flap their gums on the internet.

That's not true actually. You still had the opportunity to settle with DR and chose not to. That was your choice. You now have the lawsuit and no credit.

A "man of action"....lol. And a big "winner" too.

The fact that you would gloat about being a "winner" for getting a MG and selling it for a big profit while the rest of us are the "losers" is kind of pathetic and "small minded" Those are your words to me, not misleading or otherwise. So as you sip your bourbon tonight you can smile and thank all of us "losers' for funding that MG.

It still doesn't change the fact that John was a terrible person for what he did and now he's seeking redemption.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's not true actually. You still had the opportunity to settle with DR and did chose not to. That was your choice. You now have the lawsuit and no credit.

And you don't know the details nor any privileged information of those dealings. But here you are once again, making assumptions and acting like you know it all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/63 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.