Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 628 of 672.
#31351 1 year ago

At this point I think it's safe to say that our friendly neighborhood domain sniper did not miss their calling for an illustrious career as a puzzle designer.

Of course, it would only be fitting if the deeprootpinball.com puzzle went forever unfinished.

#31352 1 year ago

New clue is up for those of us playing at home:

"The error codes you discovered are part of a cipher. When decoded correctly, the url will be obvious."

#31353 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

New clue is up for those of us playing at home:
"The error codes you discovered are part of a cipher. When decoded correctly, the url will be obvious."

It would seem increasingly long odds that web puzzles made exclusively for this thread will have any actual connection to deeproot official.

Anyway, here's the sheet I shared a couple weeks ago with the error codes and various conversions in case anyone plans to work on the latest:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AlhfqEQfg4peSAskUAfs0dRgEDupb5xBZtl_K0DIbfs/edit#gid=0

#31354 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

The error codes you discovered are part of a cipher.

Yeah that's what I had assumed, but what's the other part? Decrypting a cipher often requires both the cipher and some type of keyword.

I'm sure the puzzle maker feels like they've given us everything we need, but looking at it from this side feels like I'm standing in an escape room staring at a padlock and someone forgot to put the key in the room.

#31355 1 year ago

I must be missing something here. Is there a reason why anyone would be wasting their time on these puzzle games?

#31356 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I must be missing something here. Is there a reason why anyone would be wasting their time on these puzzle games?

It's partly for the hell of it but mostly because of my obsession with puzzle games dating clear back to Zork.

#31357 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Yeah that's what I had assumed, but what's the other part? Decrypting a cipher often requires both the cipher and some type of keyword.

I assume its either some cipher that doesn't really need a complex key (I threw various forms of modulo cipher at it last week with no success) or that would be easily crackable.

#31358 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Why does anyone waste time on these pinball games, either? It's fun.

#31359 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Anyway, here's the sheet I shared a couple weeks ago with the error codes and various conversions in case anyone plans to work on the latest:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AlhfqEQfg4peSAskUAfs0dRgEDupb5xBZtl_K0DIbfs/edit#gid=0

Good summary. The Goonies hex code is wrong.

#31360 1 year ago
Quoted from Seraph:

Good summary. The Goonies hex code is wrong.

Thanks. Fixed. Looks like another column was errantly copied over.

#31361 1 year ago

If it wasn’t for you meddling pinsiders.. I would of got away with it!

#31362 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

It's partly for the hell of it but mostly because of my obsession with puzzle games dating clear back to Zork.

Zork? Never heard of it

#31363 1 year ago

Bummer that they shut down Greatwich's thread. It was Deeproot 2.0.

#31364 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Bummer that they shut down Greatwich's thread. It was Deeproot 2.0.

I dropped out from reading it 285 comments ago. Now I guess I'll go back to read the last page to find out why.
Poor John

#31365 1 year ago

That sucks. Who would do such a thing?

#31367 1 year ago

That sucks. Who would do such a thing?

A mod with no patience for John using Pinside for a public attempt to scam a rich person.

#31368 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

A mod with no patience for John using Pinside for a public attempt to scam a rich person.

Not out here to scam money on my build. For all I know stuff is still be planned after the Deeproot Pinball fiasco in one form or other. Along with those seriously looking to produce games in more than just 1 or 3 or 5 like myself. Many people have a boat load of money, people know my history of being broke now (no money).

#31369 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

While perhaps author of the most befuddling and off-the-wall pitches I can recall, I never get the impression John would intentionally try to scam anyone.

#31370 1 year ago

Kind of ironic how GWJ seems to worship Jpop and want to keep his "legacy alive" and try to get games made... while JPOP is also largely responsible for the current climate of distrust that makes GWJ's "pitch" a non-starter.

#31371 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Kind of ironic how GWJ seems to worship Jpop and want to keep his "legacy alive" and try to get games made... while JPOP is also largely responsible for the current climate of distrust that makes GWJ's "pitch" a non-starter.

Contrary to what you think I do not worship Jpop & have no dealings with him. Still think his dreams will see the light somewhere. Just my opinion.

#31372 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still think his dreams will see the light somewhere. Just my opinion.

His dreams to scam people out of money or his dreams to fiddle around with foamcore instead of doing real work?

#31373 1 year ago

Time for a status check

61.pdf61.pdf
#31374 1 year ago

FWIW, some unsold deeproot stuff is being auctioned right now: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/livecatalog/377448/mel-davis-auctions-237/

Someone picked up a bunch of deeproot furniture for ~$10 and a pinball cabinet for $10.

You can still get a box of ironic "Pinball for the Masses" t-shirts in the next couple of hours: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/125234378/assorted-pinball-t-shirts?cpage=8

#31375 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

FWIW, some unsold deeproot stuff is being auctioned right now: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/livecatalog/377448/mel-davis-auctions-237/
Someone picked up a bunch of deeproot furniture for ~$10 and a pinball cabinet for $10.
You can still get a box of ironic "Pinball for the Masses" t-shirts in the next couple of hours: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/125234378/assorted-pinball-t-shirts?cpage=8

Link to the recently closed auctions (cab, etc)?

That's a bunch of shirts.

#31376 1 year ago

Link to the recently closed auctions (cab, etc)?
That's a bunch of shirts.

https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/124970974/pin-ball-frame?cpage=2

This entire auction looks like it's left over trash.

You can buy 75% of a 2001 Chevy Suburban... https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/125234400/2001-chevrolet-suburban--totalled-?cpage=8

or a terrifying "Human Simulator": https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/124971005/human-patient-simulator?cpage=2

#31377 1 year ago

$240 bucks, somebody got a great deal on a love doll

#31378 1 year ago

While perhaps author of the most befuddling and off-the-wall pitches I can recall, I never get the impression John would intentionally try to scam anyone.

Someone too doofy to scam someone can still scam someone. Jpop likely didn’t “intentionally” try to scam anyone, but when you’re trapped in a vortex of your own broken mind, a scam is the inevitable outcome.

#31379 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Someone too doofy to scam someone can still scam someone. Jpop likely didn’t “intentionally” try to scam anyone, but when you’re trapped in a vortex of your own broken mind, a scam is the inevitable outcome.

Being a deeproot pinball thread I will continue on since you never know if a former employee might get involved in my pinball project. It will never be Jpop, but others involved in the fiasco know how to reach out.

#31380 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I gotta take issue with this. With both John’s we do have some history to work from. I think the word “scam” intentional or not could apply to JPop in regards to Zidware, Magic Girl, and RAZA.

I don’t know where you are seeing this similar pattern with John and his playfield venture. Did I miss something?

#31381 1 year ago

True... but outside of the "Beware of scam game seller websites" thread I don't think anyone is trying to scam anyone in pinball.

Andrew Heighweigh
JPoop
The guy who owned deeproot who's name I already forgot.

I don't think any of these guys intentionally scammed anyone. Even the deeproot owner guy who scammed the old people probably thought he wasn't doing anything wrong in his head.

#31382 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I don’t know where you are seeing this similar pattern with John and his playfield venture. Did I miss something?

You must have missed the “whale thread”. Sandwich John is trying to scam $100k from a “whale” to build a 1-off game.

Being a deeproot pinball thread I will continue on since you never know if a former employee might get involved in my pinball project. It will never be Jpop, but others involved in the fiasco know how to reach out.

See? This maniac won’t stop until someone bites his hook. At this point, I’m ceasing benefit of the doubt due to lack of intelligence. Sandwich John is definitively trying to scam. Pinside should consider banning him.

#31383 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

Are those the t-shirts that was for that hammer tested playfield contest no one got?

#31384 1 year ago

The word "scam" implies dishonesty.

That makes such an allegation libelous. Tread lightly!

#31385 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You must have missed the “whale thread”. Sandwich John is trying to scam $100k from a “whale” to build a 1-off game.

See? This maniac won’t stop until someone bites his hook. At this point, I’m ceasing benefit of the doubt due to lack of intelligence. Sandwich John is definitively trying to scam. Pinside should consider banning him.

I do not get your logic. Looking for a investor for a 1 of a kind prototype. It is not drop $100k US on some sort of scam or fraud. Like I keep saying even if that person is found the money is not going to me! Going through my personal bankruptcy which you should already know.

#31386 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Correct. The difference between “he meant to scam people!” And “he didn’t mean to scam people!” Is pretty infinitesimal, and irrelevant.

There’s still some people who say “mueller INTENDED to build those games!” As if it makes a fuckin difference.

#31387 1 year ago

I do not get your logic.

Of course you don’t. Because you’re you.

Keep fishing. We all know the outcome when a lone maniac claims they can make a pinball all by themselves.

#31388 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't think anyone is trying to scam anyone in pinball.
Andrew Heighweigh
JPoop
The guy who owned deeproot who's name I already forgot.
I don't think any of these guys intentionally scammed anyone.

Sure they did. It is well documented that they all did. I think what you meant to say is that you think they did not set out to intentionally scam anyone. That is debatable.

#31389 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct. The difference between “he meant to scam people!” And “he didn’t mean to scam people!” Is pretty infinitesimal, and irrelevant.
There’s still some people who say “mueller INTENDED to build those games!” As if it makes a fuckin difference.

Still waiting for someone to show me proof that John G has scammed someone… Asking for an absurd amount of money in a yet to be pre determined structural setting does not count. Sorry do better please…

#31390 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Still waiting for someone to show me proof that John G has scammed someone… Asking for an absurd amount of money in a yet to be pre determined structural setting does not count. Sorry do better please…

No one said he did. He’s trying to become another Jpop, Skit-B, Heighway, Derp Poop, Vonnie D, etc. We’ve seen this show before…although this might be the most obviously dumb version of it.

#31391 1 year ago

Putting my cards on the table, I look at and treat this situation differently because—and I mean no offense, John—his pitch comes off to me as so patently absurd that I assume no one/whale would actually take it seriously and risk losing a dollar on it. And consequently, I find it entertaining and don't feel the need to give him a hard time.

#31392 1 year ago

I don’t think so. He might contract out a scammer but the cash isn’t for him he wants to spend it on pro talent. That’s not a scam. It’s not the wisest course to take from his starting point but not a scam…

#31393 1 year ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I don’t think so. He might contract out a scammer but the cash isn’t for him he wants to spend it on pro talent. That’s not a scam. It’s not the wisest course to take from his starting point but not a scam…

Need to take this juice to the trailer park boys thread Boys!

#31394 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Keep fishing. We all know the outcome when a lone maniac claims they can make a pinball all by themselves.

I'm not exactly sure why you're so against this venture. If there's some idiot out there that has a $100,000 to blow, I want to be on the sidelines and watch it happen. JWICH is being very clear that he really has no idea what hes doing, he just has contacts and David Fix apparently. If anyone goes in on this deal they deserve to lose a $100000 or make a billion, see which way it goes.

#31395 1 year ago

I am no scam artist & my history with those in the industry is a fact. This is a serious venture on my part, & time will tell this summer. Do not know how people compare me to all the big scams in pinball. Looking for 1 serious investor, who will be given all the details.

#31396 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Again I have said numerous times I will do the build. Everything else is outsourced with the parties standing by.

#31397 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm not exactly sure why you're so against this venture. If there's some idiot out there that has a $100,000 to blow, I want to be on the sidelines and watch it happen. JWICH is being very clear that he really has no idea what hes doing, he just has contacts and David Fix apparently. If anyone goes in on this deal they deserve to lose a $100000 or make a billion, see which way it goes.

Exactly. He’s humping this thing like Robert just came out and said “Pinball is easy.”

#31398 1 year ago

This is a serious venture on my part, & time will tell this summer. Do not know how people compare me to all the big scams in pinball.

Because you keep posting in the thread dedicated to the biggest scam in pinball, reminding people you've gone bankrupt, and asking for money from people who know better.

#31399 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Because you keep posting in the thread dedicated to the biggest scam in pinball, reminding people you've gone bankrupt, and asking for money from people who know better.

Nailed it.

#31400 1 year ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Pretty much. I bought one of his SG playfields, it was nice and I had a good opinion of his business acumen back then. These last few months... yeesh, you really gotta stop drinking and posting, John.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 628 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/628 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.