• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 622 of 669.
#31051 1 year ago

I just now got done. The encrypted message actually reads: "Non-refundable deposit and be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

#31052 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I just now got done. The encrypted message actually reads: "Non-refundable Deposit and be sure to drink your Ovaltine"

Where did ya get the decoder ring?

#31053 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Where did ya get the decoder ring?

He won it as part of lot 46 in the deeproot auction.

#31054 1 year ago

Guys I still like drinking you know what. I keep getting moderated so I will keep to what I know. The group was very serious but with Covid, supply chain issues, & Deeproot Pinball ready to explode they likely delayed their plans. TRUST is a big thing with me dealing with different people & companies. I do not hide from my business being sold off due to personal financial problems mostly from new playfield production over the years. My refusal to raise prices for the prepaid guys at $500 US delivered for the many years that they finally went out. Competition is fierce in glass & playfield production. Yes I am over 30% into my personal bankruptcy, & on my meagre company pension plan to support my wife ($23k US).

The guys had a good plan to get in the business, & still might be doing so. But after Haggis being slow with Fathom production. They are likely going to have their ship in order before launching a new pinball manufacturing business. More like the start of Spooky Pinball, crawl before you walk! I will be at the Pintastic Show talking with industry people, pinball owners, & drinking. Stop by my booth promoting EZ Pinball Cabinets.

#31055 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Guys I still like drinking you know what. I keep getting moderated so I will keep to what I know. The group was very serious but with Covid, supply chain issues, & Deeproot Pinball ready to explode they likely delayed their plans. TRUST is a big thing with me dealing with different people & companies. I do not hide from my business being sold off due to personal financial problems mostly from new playfield production over the years. My refusal to raise prices for the prepaid guys at $500 US delivered for the many years that they finally went out. Competition is fierce in glass & playfield production. Yes I am over 30% into my personal bankruptcy, & on my meagre company pension plan to support my wife ($23k US).
The guys had a good plan to get in the business, & still might be doing so. But after Haggis being slow with Fathom production. They are likely going to have their ship in order before launching a new pinball manufacturing business. More like the start of Spooky Pinball, crawl before you walk! I will be at the Pintastic Show talking with industry people, pinball owners, & drinking. Stop by my booth promoting EZ Pinball Cabinets.

Dude- go start a thread.

#31056 1 year ago

Wet blanket police!

1. The resurrected site might not be connected to Chris Turner and it might be a joke.

2. Even if the resurrected site is connected to Chris Turner and it is not a joke, what's coming soon might not be another attempt at commercial production of RAZA along similar lines to what deeproot v1 had intended.

3. Even if the resurrected site is connected to Chris Turner and it is not a joke, and what's coming soon is another attempt at commercial production of RAZA along similar lines to what deeproot v1 had intended, it might not be connected to Robert.

Not saying any of the above are or are not the case, just we're all currently residents of speculation city.

#31057 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Not saying any of the above are or are not the case, just we're all currently residents of speculation city.

Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!!

#31058 1 year ago

Guys I still like drinking you know what.

Your own pee. Yes, we know. Stop posting.

#31059 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Your own pee. Yes, we know. Stop posting.

#31060 1 year ago

Wet blanket police!
1. The resurrected site might not be connected to Chris Turner and it might be a joke.
2. Even if the resurrected site is connected to Chris Turner and it is not a joke, what's coming soon might not be another attempt at commercial production of RAZA along similar lines to what deeproot v1 had intended.
3. Even if the resurrected site is connected to Chris Turner and it is not a joke, and what's coming soon is another attempt at commercial production of RAZA along similar lines to what deeproot v1 had intended, it might not be connected to Robert.

Somebody with common sense thinking very similar to what I continue to say. If Chris Turner or the multiple new groups get involved with pinball production. They will have a sound financial plan & strategy in place. Things are very close & tight in Texas. A number of people already know, & from all the abuse I get here. Why would others come out of the closet, & explain their manufacturing plans. I drink beer, not a drunk, & never drink piss!

#31061 1 year ago

My observation as well, ForceFlow . What/when are you talking about TreyBo69?
Additional note: Any deepootpinball.com URI (that I've found) whether previously valid or not will currently serve the same simple page and image.

Cicada 3031 was a very complex and mysterious ARG on the internet in the 10s https://uncovering-cicada.fandom.com/wiki/Uncovering_Cicada_Wiki

#31062 1 year ago

Somebody with common sense thinking very similar to what I continue to say. If Chris Turner or the multiple new groups get involved with pinball production. They will have a sound financial plan & strategy in place. Things are very close & tight in Texas. A number of people already know, & from all the abuse I get here. Why would others come out of the closet, & explain their manufacturing plans. I drink beer, not a drunk, & never drink piss!

Thanks, John. Though I have zero idea how anything I wrote has anything to do with anything you wrote, I appreciate the kind words.

#31063 1 year ago

Thanks, John. Though I have zero idea how anything I wrote has anything to do with anything you wrote, I appreciate the kind words.

Well, at the very least it’s good to know that John doesn’t drink piss.

#31064 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, at the very least it’s good to know that John doesn’t drink piss.

piss (resized).jpegpiss (resized).jpeg
#31065 1 year ago

The key thing I keep trying to hint at, & might be in play. Whether it happens or not we will see:
Things are very close & tight in Texas.

#31066 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

From my long ago personal experiences dealing with RM, combined with watching and analyzing his business moves for Deeproot the past 5 years, its difficult for me to believe he is some kind of evil genius operating three chess moves ahead.
Am I the only one laughing about this?

Add to this the fact that TuYo/Chris would be willfully playing on the fringes of fraud if they had knowledge of and/or are complicit in some plot to hide assets. OK, maybe the life insurance policies because it is easy/safe money but why would anyone want to get into the pinball business? Let alone with someone who is under investigation by the SEC and has burned through millions of dollars with nothing to show for it. I mean, for all his bluster about innovation and revolutionizing the industry, he couldn't even close the damn glass top! There are a whole lot easier and safer ways for Tuyo to make a buck.

#31067 1 year ago

The key thing I keep trying to hint at, & might be in play. Whether it happens or not we will see:

Wait... are we still talking about drinking piss?

#31068 1 year ago

Should have called RAZA "The Neverending Story" instead.

#31069 1 year ago

I would think RAZA is a dead idea. But the way things continue to evolve who knows. The pinbar, lifting glass, pinpod, & all the other idiotic ideas have likely died. Where is JPOP, & what is he up to is another unknown. Likely to resurface to drive people crazy.

#31070 1 year ago

Where is JPOP, & what is he up to is another unknown. Likely to resurface to drive people crazy.

He’s delivering jugs of pee to your house. Get ready to drink!

#31071 1 year ago

I would think RAZA is a dead idea. But the way things continue to evolve who knows. The pinbar, lifting glass, pinpod, & all the other idiotic ideas have likely died. Where is JPOP, & what is he up to is another unknown. Likely to resurface to drive people crazy.

I thought he was exploring other avenues in the entertainment industry.

#31072 1 year ago

John are you sure that you aren't the reincarnation of Nostradomus? He was pretty good at making ambiguous statements too

#31073 1 year ago
Quoted from davjoszie:

I thought he was exploring other avenues in the entertainment industry.

John is likely looking at other avenues, but why give up pinball if there are other investors. Who else loves purple for pinball. Like I have said I have no idea what he is up to or where he is at. Mr68 (Kim) probably has a idea of when he might surface on the court case against him. If he actually is there, or just using a lawyer to represent him for Zidware.

#31074 1 year ago

WTF does this even mean? Yeah, Texas really has its shit together.

I hate to see you losing it John, especially since you did a heck of a job restoring my sorcerer playfield at a very fair price.

#31075 1 year ago

I don't think a prankster would've gone to the effort of encoding a message that most people wouldn't know how to read. Plus, it's not really funny. If someone went way over the top and memeified everything that has come out of deeproot, that probably would've been funny.

If I had control over the domain, I might have simply redirected it to a rickroll video, possibly to a legitimate pinball website, or maybe the deeproot thread here.

Based on the info shown so far, I still think the guess that Turner may end up finishing off the software on the existing games and then flip them is a serious possibility. However, I'm not sure that I see the possibility of another attempt at manufacturing taking place connected to the remains of RAZA or deeproot. But who knows--we may only be getting a keyhole view into what's actually happening. I think that would be a foolish move, though.

#31076 1 year ago

John is likely looking at other avenues, but why give up pinball if there are other investors. Who else loves purple for pinball. Like I have said I have no idea what he is up to or where he is at. Mr68 (Kim) probably has a idea of when he might surface on the court case against him. If he actually is there, or just using a lawyer to represent him for Zidware.

Jpop is back home in Illinois with his family last I heard. He's acting as his own attorney in our case and is dutiful to the courts so far. You can expect news not too far off from now.

Where and how he reinvents himself should be interesting. He's proven himself in the past to very resourceful in finding employment and seems to have more lives than a cat. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.
(dad pun intended)

#31077 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's acting as his own attorney

#31078 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

JHe's acting as his own attorney in our case and is dutiful to the courts so far.

"Objection your honor. This courtroom isn't purple enough!"

"Overruled"

#31079 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think a prankster would've gone to the effort of encoding a message that most people wouldn't know how to read. Plus, it's not really funny. If someone went way over the top and memeified everything that has come out of deeproot, that probably would've been funny.
If I had control over the domain, I might have simply redirected it to a rickroll video, possibly to a legitimate pinball website, or maybe the deeproot thread here.

Based on the info shown so far, I still think the guess that Turner may end up finishing off the software on the existing games and then flip them is a serious possibility. However, I'm not sure that I see the possibility of another attempt at manufacturing taking place connected to the remains of RAZA or deeproot. But who knows--we may only be getting a keyhole view into what's actually happening. I think that would be a foolish move, though.

I agree it's likely Turner. Just suggesting people not operate as if that is the case until if/when it's established.

I'm also thinking along your lines in terms of what is likely product-wise to come out of it. Perhaps:

Cobble together a handful of working machines to sell for big cash and attention along with the notion that—who knows—if the response is good they'll consider trying production (and then offering to partner with an entity with actual manufacturing capacity to do that).

Oh, and put out digital versions of the game(s).

#31080 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think a prankster would've gone to the effort of encoding a message that most people wouldn't know how to read.

If the cost was low to resurrect the deeproot domain name I think it's a good prank to post nuggets and then watch all the activity on this thread.

Alternatively, who in their right mind would want to keep the deeproot name and stay connected to this fiasco if they were starting a new business?

#31081 1 year ago

It's not what you're probably thinking. I wish I could explain but I can't at this point.

#31082 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He's acting as his own attorney in our case and is dutiful to the courts so far

#31083 1 year ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If the cost was low to resurrect the deeproot domain name I think it's a good prank to post nuggets and then watch all the activity on this thread.
Alternatively, who in their right mind would want to keep the deeproot name and stay connected to this fiasco if they were starting a new business?

Doubtful, but one long-shot candidate would be the actual creator/originator of the deeproot name and brand...

#31084 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

It's not what you're probably thinking. I wish I could explain but I can't at this point.

Have you been hanging out with Greatwich? You're starting to sound like him.

#31085 1 year ago

Kim is a great guy. Be happy to share a few beers with him. This has nothing to do with Deeproot, but all the crap towards me drinking piss & not beer reminds me of the local Trailer Park Boys. This location I visited a number of times & was used for various other films. I knew it well, & some of my pinball friends know the actors. I got to see the trailers, & this truck cab on numerous times over the years.

#31086 1 year ago

Keep the super vagueness coming! Kinda funny watching people get triggered!

#31087 1 year ago

Kim is a great guy. Be happy to share a few beers with him. This has nothing to do with Deeproot, but all the crap towards me drinking piss & not beer reminds me of the local Trailer Park Boys. This location I visited a number of times & was used for various other films. I knew it well, & some of my pinball friends know the actors. I got to see the trailers, & this truck cab on numerous times over the years.

I do love that show. Season 3 is my favorite.

#31088 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Have it point to the SEC.

#31089 1 year ago

Oh boy. I know something that you all want to know. But it’s a secret so I can’t say anything.

But if you like pinball, and you like boutique manufacturers and you like RAZA, you are going to be excited and want to get your hands on something that I can’t elaborate on further. All of this was only possible because some parties with money were wondering where to invest and then they found out about deeproot and decided right there, they would … I am leaving the rest out because it is on a need to know basis only. Now both of the nonexistent companies are busy with their plans to … oops it almost slipped off my lips. But I caught myself before I mentioned they are planning to presell and then build 100 RAZA’s, so you didn’t hear it here first as a Greatwich exclusive! But all plans are proceeding nicely and Mr Turner should reveal his offerings soon. Maybe. And if he is reading this thread, I am capable of helping you produce them all from soup to nuts or just to build the drink umbrellas would be an honor. I can multi task while sipping the day away on mugs of piss and beer.

#31090 1 year ago

Was thinking about jpop and his self defense …

04B35C4B-8413-4646-8CD5-537D02162D9B.jpeg04B35C4B-8413-4646-8CD5-537D02162D9B.jpeg3AFB67B3-DF0B-463C-A9CC-EB7EE40C08BE.jpeg3AFB67B3-DF0B-463C-A9CC-EB7EE40C08BE.jpeg

A92FA745-6EB9-4A2A-AC5B-A0A3988E0E0D.jpegA92FA745-6EB9-4A2A-AC5B-A0A3988E0E0D.jpeg
#31091 1 year ago

There are many people in the pinball manufacturing that I have been talking to over the years in the hobby. Through the Deeproot Pinball years it seems that all the interested players that were interested in jumping into the pool want to remain silent. Personally I do not blame them, along with some of the winners at the auction. There is likely some good that will surface from all the Deeproot Pinball fiasco. You could move forward if you had a good relationship with vendors & a small dedicated pinball building group.

#31092 1 year ago

There are many people in the pinball manufacturing that I have been talking to over the years in the hobby. Through the Deeproot Pinball years it seems that all the interested players that were interested in jumping into the pool want to remain silent. Personally I do not blame them, along with some of the winners at the auction. There is likely some good that will surface from all the Deeproot Pinball fiasco. You could move forward if you had a good relationship with vendors & a small dedicated pinball building group.

#31093 1 year ago

I agree it's likely Turner. Just suggesting people not operate as if that is the case until if/when it's established.
I'm also thinking along your lines in terms of what is likely product-wise to come out of it. Perhaps:
Cobble together a handful of working machines to sell for big cash and attention along with the notion that—who knows—if the response is good they'll consider trying production (and then offering to partner with an entity with actual manufacturing capacity to do that).
Oh, and put out digital versions of the game(s).

I mean -- why not Turner? Deeproot didn't lack for ideas or engineering talent, it just lacked leadership and vision. Chris is an entrepreneur - he is one of the co-founders of Codeup (a San Antonio area coding bootcamp) and has managed to run a successful software development company for many years. He's also got money and 99.44% of a finished product.

#31094 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

I mean -- why not Turner? Deeproot didn't lack for ideas or engineering talent, it just lacked leadership and vision. Chris is an entrepreneur - he is one of the co-founders of Codeup (a San Antonio area coding bootcamp) and has managed to run a successful software development company for many years. He's also got money and 99.44% of a finished product.

All good reasons. Someone should ask him.

#31095 1 year ago

Anyone that acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client!

#31096 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Jpop is back home in Illinois with his family last I heard.

Oooph, I feel for them.

Quoted from Mr68:

He's acting as his own attorney in our case and is dutiful to the courts so far. You can expect news not too far off from now.

Bleed him dry!!!!!!

Quoted from Mr68:

Where and how he reinvents himself should be interesting. He's proven himself in the past to very resourceful in finding employment and seems to have more lives than a cat. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.
(dad pun intended)

Has he, though? After Zizzle went under, he wasn't really employed, he just scammed pinball buyers for money. Then tricked a few pinball upstart morons into hiring him. He can't do that anymore. There's just too much concrete info out there about him and his inability to actually do anything. The pinball industry has made it abundantly clear that they don't need him and he brings zero value to any company. He's incapable of being productive as his own boss, and he's incapable of being productive under a boss.

#31097 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bleed him dry!!!!!!

Has he, though? After Zizzle went under, he wasn't really employed, he just scammed pinball buyers for money. Then tricked a few pinball upstart morons into hiring him. He can't do that anymore. There's just too much concrete info out there about him and his inability to actually do anything. The pinball industry has made it abundantly clear that they don't need him and he brings zero value to any company. He's incapable of being productive as his own boss, and he's incapable of being productive under a boss.

Meh, I just can't hold a grudge after all of these years. Keep him accountable? Absolutely and I believe we have made him accountable by dragging him in and out of court for years now. If you know the Sword of Damocles story you might better recognize the burden he's been under.

Also, imagine going from a celebrity life of autographs and admiration in a hobby you love, to peeking out of windows whenever the doorbell rings or flinching when a stranger asks your name.

I'm not trying to minimize or excuse his actions because he definitely deserves to be punished. I'm just pointing out there are many different levels of punishment beyond bleeding someone dry.

And to follow up on my comment above about not discussing the case I'll say this. Everything is pretty much settled and basically over. It's just not a perfect resolution, as is often the case in lawsuits like this, and we still have some mopping up to do. Jpop had very good legal representation in the past but at this point he really doesn't need any.

Edit: I speak for myself and not others from the group.

#31098 1 year ago

Bring in the dog. Put out the cat. This is apparently happening.

https://www.nycpinballchamps.com/entertainment

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.18.35 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-31 at 5.18.35 AM (resized).png
#31099 1 year ago

Bring in the dog. Put out the cat. This is apparently happening.
https://www.nycpinballchamps.com/entertainment[quoted image]

LMAO

I know one guy in California who is not gonna like this!

Don't you have a waterfall to gaze upon lovingly, or perhaps a coconut tree to climb?! You live in paradise man!!!!!

#31100 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Often people see a failed business as an opportunity. There's a luxury apartment building complex one town over that filed bankruptcy twice before the 3rd owner finally completed the project over the course of like a decade.. It became the joke of the town because it was the building that would never get finished. 2nd buyer probably thought "well, the building is built, I just have to build the inside now", he was wrong.
https://www.shawlocal.com/2016/03/18/riverside-plaza-developer-files-bankruptcy/asxxzxd
https://www.yelp.com/biz/renew-on-main-algonquin

Tyvek Towers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 49.99
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 622 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/622?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.