View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 620 of 672.
#30951 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm curious if the line items for "online research" in the billable hours document included someone reading this thread.

Apparently I'm in the wrong business I'd be rich

#30952 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Looking at Google Street View, it's a really nice car wash.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Auto-Glide Express ? Seems like some other category of product doesn’t it ?

#30953 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You’re not kidding, deeproot left money on the table abandoning this great design just because of some SEC violations. Whomever scoops up the parts and stitches them together should also try to get software from turner. This is too rich a target to be left unguarded. It is the MOTHERLOAD of motherloads. If this were a movie, international burglars of the arts would be plotting how to make this happen. If only greatwich was available to help. Oh well, for now this remains an unpicked gold mine.
Go back and look at the request for $250k and how many professional hours were expended to investigate rm? It comes from many sources and round to a whole number. What have you got?

I am always available to help out with production. But people will do what they want with the salvaged stuff from Deeproot Pinball. Today I gave away a bunch of stuff to another local tech with a spray booth & powder coating business. Right now I am just doing service work at the workshop for an operator & local pinball owners.

#30954 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I am always available to help out with production.

Thanks for letting us know. For the (literally) at least 22nd time in this thread.

#30955 1 year ago

It looks like Ice's inquiry into the policies resulted in north of $3k billable for legal fees.

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.19 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.19 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.27.43 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.28 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.28.47 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.29.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.29.03 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.29.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.29.21 PM (resized).png

Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm curious if the line items for "online research" in the billable hours document included someone reading this thread.

There are couple of itemized entries referring to this "pinball blog":

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.30.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.30.22 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.30.50 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-18 at 1.30.50 PM (resized).png

#30956 1 year ago

I am always available to help out with production.

Can you swing by the Stern factory? They seem to be way behind. Maybe they could use a hand.

#30957 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

There are couple of itemized entries referring to this "pinball blog":

That redaction blockout looks too small to say "blueberryjohnson".

#30958 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Can you swing by the Stern factory? They seem to be way behind. Maybe they could use a hand.

Haggis!

#30959 1 year ago

There is lots of people like myself that could help out with getting stuff made. But no one really cares. Over the 15 years of playfield restorations & new ones along with glass production. I lost a lot of money & personal time. Most people were really happy having more stuff available. But the minority that have a complaint about just about anything can wear you down. I really love pinball & continue to this day. People do not remember the early days of uv inkjet production for pinball. I was one of the few pioneers & took a shit load of abuse over that. Everything had to be screen printed like in the past, which has now become rare for production.
I continue to work on games, go through my personal bankruptcy, enjoy drinking beer, & being retired early. I do not enjoy constantly being trashed for trying to help out people make stuff. Contrary to the thought of a few I do have experience getting pinball products made & fixing many games the last 25 years. Still have energy to help anyone interested in pinball production. They can reach out to me if they wish. I look forward to the Pintastic Show in June, so come by & say hello.

#30960 1 year ago

Gotta love billable hours. Gotta add in the BH's for typing up the BH notes and invoices as well. Nice racket.

#30962 1 year ago

Agreed on the BH BS. Shouldn't accounting be built into the overhead for BH? Is there any other industry that does this?

#30963 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I am not a marketing guru by any means, buuuuuutttttttt......
I am gonna go out on a limb and say a gigantic thread about a scamming, failed, dumpster-fire company is probably not the ideal place to advertise your services.

Also, if looking for employment, maybe not continually publicly advertise how much you drink on a daily basis

#30964 1 year ago

The art looks good that was put up. It should be easy to scan for those that are trying to build their own game. Shop around for a good printer & price. They like it if you are not in a rush. Do not know how they made the deeproot cabinets but that should be able to be done from the examples bought.

#30965 1 year ago

The art looks good that was put up. It should be easy to scan for those that are trying to build their own game. Shop around for a good printer & price. They like it if you are not in a rush. Do not know how they made the deeproot cabinets but that should be able to be done from the examples bought.

Those photos are so low res and washed out there's no way that would be worthy of sticking to a cabinet. I'm guessing even if you had the original proofs, rescanning them would have so many artifacts (and still wouldn't be high resolution like the original image)

deeproot_noise (resized).pngdeeproot_noise (resized).png
#30966 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Those photos are so low res and washed out there's no way that would be worthy of sticking to a cabinet. I'm guessing even if you had the original proofs, rescanning them would have so many artifacts (and still wouldn't be high resolution like the original image)[quoted image]

I thought some one got the vinyl. If so the art could be easy to reproduce. Not my stuff & guys are doing there own stuff. I guess time will tell what happens with the cabinets, playfields, art, computers, etc.

#30967 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30968 1 year ago

Getting around to looking through recent doc. A few additional items of interest from the lawyer BH logs.

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.50.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.50.39 PM (resized).png

Minor excitement yet to come?

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.48.37 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.48.37 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.46.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-05-19 at 9.46.15 PM (resized).png

Chris Turner already purchased

1) all of Robert's insurance policies and
2) lots of lots from the auction, including the most expensive deeproot pins + cabinets,

and he is presumably is in possession of

3) all of the code,

and is (or was) writing with questions about buying

4) the pinball IP

I genuinely wonder what the goal is here. Does he want to make a go at Robert's failed ventures to see if he can make them succeed?

#30969 1 year ago
8A7029A7-36D0-4B77-A60A-17D78FE19758.gif8A7029A7-36D0-4B77-A60A-17D78FE19758.gif
#30970 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Getting around to looking through recent doc. A few additional items of interest from the lawyer BH logs.
[quoted image]
Minor excitement yet to come?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Chris Turner already purchased
1) all of Robert's insurance policies and
2) lots of lots from the auction, including the most expensive deeproot pins + cabinets,
and he is presumably is in possession of
3) all of the code,
and is (or was) writing with questions about buying
4) the pinball IP
I genuinely wonder what the goal is here. Does he want to make a go at Robert's failed ventures to see if he can make them succeed?

Two lines of thought pop up for me on this whole deal with these two. One is that maybe it was a mentor-mentee type situation and now the mentee picks up the reigns and gets going. The other is that dude is simply acting as the public agent while the superstar is operating in the shadows still...

#30971 1 year ago

Producing a fever dream remake of Cyclone has now exceeded the time spent putting a man on the moon.

In a few short years it will eclipse the production cycle of Duke Nukem Forever. It will then enter its extended long term mission of taking long than The Thief and the Cobbler.

#30972 1 year ago

"We choose to build RAZA, not because it is easy, but because it is hard. Ask not what RAZA can do for you, ask rather what you can do for RAZA."

#30973 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

.... has now exceeded the time spent putting a man on the moon.

"One small step for Robert... one giant leap for pinball"

#30974 1 year ago

"Before the decade is out" gives them another 7 years.

#30975 1 year ago

Been meaning to check out the latest podcast covering this criminal lunatic, what page should I check?

Thanks!

#30976 1 year ago
Quoted from Engine09:

Been meaning to check out the latest podcast covering this criminal lunatic, what page should I check?
Thanks!

Shameless self promotion:

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-uprooting-deeproot-part-1/

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/the-pinball-show-ep-97-spirit-animals/

Also: What in the blue fuck is this all about?

No way this is a mueller alias, right?

#30977 1 year ago

What was all of that posted on?

#30978 1 year ago
Quoted from Thizben:

What was all of that posted on?

comment on the first podcast link above (which was the first google result when I was looking for a link)

#30979 1 year ago

Isn't Cornelius a semi-famous troll banned from most pinball places? I wouldn't worry about his opinion...

#30980 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Isn't Cornelius a semi-famous troll banned from most pinball places? I wouldn't worry about his opinion...

Ah. I was less worried about his opinion than for his well being.

#30981 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

He's a troll that was banned from here several years ago. Whatever nonsense he's yammering about probably isn't worth anyone's time.

#30982 1 year ago

Cornelius is Kaneda? Looking to stir it up?

In any case…Cornelius is a clown.

#30983 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Holy crap! I haven’t seen that guy since he went off the deep end. He got banned here several years ago. The irony is he calls you obsessive and that was his schtick once upon a time. Obsessive broken record.

#30984 1 year ago

The folks who believe that Predator would have happened if not for those meddling Pinsiders are bad enough.
That's just way beyond stupid.

#30985 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Folks who believe that Predator would have happened if not for meddling Pinsiders are bad enough.

Who knows? Input from Pinsiders might have changed it into To Catch a Predator with Chris Hansen doing custom callouts.

#30986 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You are so pinball famous that you have haters and trolls. Bask in the glory.

#30987 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

Cornelius is Kaneda? Looking to stir it up?

No, different characters. Some similar personality traits, though.

#30988 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Producing a fever dream remake of Cyclone has now exceeded the time spent putting a man on the moon.
In a few short years it will eclipse the production cycle of Duke Nukem Forever. It will then enter its extended long term mission of taking long than The Thief and the Cobbler.

You forgot to include Chinese Democracy in your list...

#30989 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

"We choose to build RAZA, not because it is easy, but because it is hard. Ask not what RAZA can do for you, ask rather what you can do for RAZA."

"Houston we have a problem"

#30990 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

"Houston we have a problem"

Actually, the problem was in San Antonio...

#30991 1 year ago

Wow, cornelius popped up again. Seems like that dude never learns huh.

#30992 1 year ago

Cornelius is just jealous that he doesn't have the World's Greatest Detective super-sleuthing abilities that our boy BJ has!

Also Jpop sucks.

#30993 1 year ago

I think Cornelius is a bit personally
Invested in the Jpop thing since he was also a bit of a victim of one of his many scams, and was once (still is?) enthralled in the “magic” of Jpop; he went to Vegas on his own dime and was duped into enthusiastically shilling for the original foam core box of lights Houdini, which of course just turned into another fiasco within a matter of weeks:

https://www.pinballnews.com/news/americanpinball2.html

I’m not picking a fight with you corny!! Just pointing out to folks A reason why you might still be in camp Jpop. I just don’t think there’s a lot of meat on this bone. Mueller was a criminal and thief from day 1 of the deep root scam, and for once, Jpop was just along for the ride while somebody ELSE was stealing everybody’s money.

I will say you are way off on blueberry Johnson here. He’s not “doxxing” anybody, just reporting on a public story that is publicly unfolding right before all of our eyes. Nobody forced mueller to steal tens of millions of dollars, and while there are many victims in this story he’s not one of them.

Again, I’m not trying to fight with you. I just think it’s unfair to blame someone like BJ for the “Jpop magic” not happening in 2022. He’s just reporting on what happened, the SEC is the one who put this scam down for good, not anybody here. They are the ones who let us know about this, not the other way around. Your anger, as has often happened before, is misplaced. Blame the guy who hasn’t been able to finish a game in 30 years, or the financial criminal who raised your hopes based upon $60 million in fraud and stolen money, not the guy who helped us all piece together what happened after the other shoe had already dropped.

There is no “magic” where Jpop is concerned, and there hasn’t been since about 1997. There are only lies, tears, heartbreak, and victims.

#30994 1 year ago

Thanks for all the background. I'm very glad to steer clear of this rabbit hole.

And Mr. Cornelius, thank you for your concerns about my personal life. I promise you I do Hawaii things in Hawaii all the time. For example, yesterday I hiked 9 miles of mountain ridge trails. Today, I'm heading out to a waterfall.

I hope this new information resolves your worries and brings you peace. A quick search reveals that this has been a source of significant preoccupation for you for a long time. You can can stop fretting about my Hawaii activities all over the internet.

#30995 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Cornelius is a bit personally
Invested in the Jpop thing since he was also a bit of a victim of one of his many scams, and was once (still is?) enthralled in the “magic” of Jpop; he went to Vegas on his own dime and was duped into enthusiastically shilling for the original foam core box of lights Houdini, which of course just turned into another fiasco within a matter of weeks:
I’m not picking a fight with you corny!! Just pointing out to folks A reason why you might still be in camp Jpop. I just don’t think there’s a lot of meat on this bone. Mueller was a criminal and thief from day 1 of the deep root scam, and for once, Jpop was just along for the ride while somebody ELSE was stealing everybody’s money.
I will say you are way off on blueberry Johnson here. He’s not “doxxing” anybody, just reporting on a public story that is publicly unfolding right before all of our eyes. Nobody forced mueller to steal tens of millions of dollars, and while there are many victims in this story he’s not one of them.
Again, I’m not trying to fight with you. I just think it’s unfair to blame someone like BJ for the “Jpop magic” not happening in 2022. He’s just reporting on what happened, the SEC is the one who put this scam down for good, not anybody here. They are the ones who let us know about this, not the other way around. Your anger, as has often happened before, is misplaced. Blame the guy who hasn’t been able to finish a game in 30 years, or the financial criminal who raised your hopes based upon $60 million in fraud and stolen money, not the guy who helped us all piece together what happened after the other shoe had already dropped.
There is no “magic” where Jpop is concerned, and there hasn’t been since about 1997. There are only lies, tears, heartbreak, and victims.

That photo in that report looks like it was taken on one of those cameras they take Bigfoot photos with

#30996 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

he went to Vegas on his own dime and was duped into enthusiastically shilling for the original foam core box of lights Houdini, which of course just turned into another fiasco within a matter of weeks:

It's interesting revisiting that point in history, because even then, after all the failed years, jpop still had people believing he could create a game in a few months. And he knew exactly how to make people think that, by getting the art and lights done on a non-functioning game. I'd love to hear an honest version from American Pinball about that time. I know they realized their error, but it took them months and hundreds of grand to realize it.

#30997 1 year ago

He’s a toxic weird-ass creepy person & master of projection. Shocked he’s still ranting somewhere after being banned everywhere.

#30998 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's interesting revisiting that point in history, because even then, after all the failed years, jpop still had people believing he could create a game in a few months. And he knew exactly how to make people think that, by getting the art and lights done on a non-functioning game. I'd love to hear an honest version from American Pinball about that time. I know they realized their error, but it took them months and hundreds of grand to realize it.

It seems like American realized their error very quickly. Once they showed up to that Vegas show (I think it was Vegas?) with a playfield on a blanket and a couple of other parts, and saw the "Not this shit again!" reaction from everybody, they cut bait quick. They also lived up to their promise to "make Magic Girl victims whole" by allowing Jpop to use their facility to cobble together 16 or so not working Magic Girls and then showed him the door.

#30999 1 year ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

LOL good ol Tim. (he'll probably send me another love letter now saying I dOxXeD him for using his name). Pay him no attention. Hes an idiot and a psychopath. A lolcow in his own right really. If you've upset him, you must be doing something right as he is a master of horrible takes. Hes just mad that everyone was right about their predictions on deeproot while he was crying about people being so mean to people just trying to bring more pinball into the world or something like that. Expect to see him again if Pinball Adventures ever gains a little more traction

#31000 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It seems like American realized their error very quickly. Once they showed up to that Vegas show (I think it was Vegas?) with a playfield on a blanket and a couple of other parts, and saw the "Not this shit again!" reaction from everybody, they cut bait quick. They also lived up to their promise to "make Magic Girl victims whole" by allowing Jpop to use their facility to cobble together 16 or so not working Magic Girls and then showed him the door.

Wasn't it something like AP hired Joe Balcer who immediately recognized nothing of substance was getting done? Then he banged out Houdini from scratch within a few months

Also AP had that cute note with Magic Girl that said something to the effect of "we built what we were told to build and this does not reflect our standards"

JPop's only positive contribution this millennium was tricking some guys into starting a relatively decent pinball manufacturer which would fire him when they realized he didn't bring much to the team.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 620 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/620?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.