Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 614 of 672.
#30651 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I guess I’m just not as fascinated as most of you guys are about “what they wanted to make/what could have been!/how white wood X would have played.”
It was always a scam. None of these games were ever going to actually happen. Any speculation is just fantasy.
The tangible proof that the deep root pinball design firm was ever anything more than a fantasy exists in these “white woods” which are barely a step beyond notepad scrawls. They just don’t hold very much interest for me.

Yeah well we all know you don’t like pinball /s

You sorta got to see your dream of a noob pinsider run a company into the ground though, with the benefit of not ruining an actual company

#30652 2 years ago

Glad people are digging the stuff. Lots more to come. I still haven't been able to listen to the episode (how is it?). Second episode also supposed to be coming out later today.

#30653 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I first saw this photo a week or two ago and didn't notice that JPop also wrote his name on his spray paint cans. Guess there was a lot of theft going on in the deep root offices...

Thanks again for the help digging through that mountain of photos!

#30654 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Thanks again for the help digging through that mountain of photos!

You know I can’t look away from this trainwreck lol

There’s still some more that I wanted to go through and the Knapp article only has some stuff posted so far

#30655 2 years ago

Glad people are digging the stuff. Lots more to come. I still haven't been able to listen to the episode (how is it?). Second episode also supposed to be coming out later today.

you were excellent. It's so odd to hear someone speak after seeing so many posts by a random username.

#30656 2 years ago

Just started listening (5 min in) to Blueberries part 1 and am already hooked. Part 2 is coming soon, right?

#30657 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You know I can’t look away from this trainwreck lol
There’s still some more that I wanted to go through and the Knapp article only has some stuff posted so far

Yeah. He has a lot more stuff but just got it this morning. He decided to get some of it up and then spend more time later to get more organized. I told him it's a marathon not a sprint. Plus I have ideas for some additional written content that we could work on for down the road. With the amount of info I have a podcast just isn't the best way to get it out. So it's great having Jason's partnership to publish visual / written content.

#30658 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

you were excellent. It's so odd to hear someone speak after seeing so many posts by a random username.

Thanks for the kind words. It was totally hectic trying to get through because so much new stuff came in right before recording and Zach and I didn't connect in advance to get things organized. That's why things were pretty scattered and some of the stuff he read through wasn't assembled for straight up reading through or better organized.

My thinking for part two (if/when there is one) will be to fill in gaps from part one, clear up anything if part one introduced any questions or confusion, and basically not approach it like cramming for an exam at the last minute (because that's basically what it was for both of us).

Also, I have some more way too technical for me stuff that could benefit from the eyes/brain of someone who understands manufacturing and the like. I recognize that including such a person's perspective on that stuff could make for a much more interesting release than just publishing it without commentary to Knapp. Based on your posts in this thread, you'd definitely fit the bill. Any interest?

#30659 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just started listening (5 min in) to Blueberries part 1 and am already hooked. Part 2 is coming soon, right?

I'm not sure when deeproot part 2 will happen, but we also recorded a separate normal edition of TPS last night (though based on where a lot of the conversation went, I wouldn't actually describe it as particularly normal). That was a different kind of fun for me because it didn't involve having to jump around a google drive's worth of new deeproot content, it was mostly talking about pinball and goofy shit.

#30660 2 years ago

First SEC filing in a while and first motion from team mueller in longer than that. A few interesting items of note in the motion.

deeproot-sec-55-1-2022.04.18.pdfdeeproot-sec-55-1-2022.04.18.pdf

deeproot-sec-55-2022.04.18.pdfdeeproot-sec-55-2022.04.18.pdf

I just got the chance to listen to the TPN episode and thought it was pretty good.

If anyone who listened has any questions, let me know and I'll answer if I can. Also, feel free to share any topics or mysteries you'd want explored on a future installment.

#30661 2 years ago

If anyone who listened has any questions, let me know and I'll answer if I can. Also, feel free to share any topics or mysteries you'd want explored on a future installment.

I want to know more about the Luchador game. So it was a JPop design with some licensed wrestlers?

Where are all the animations at? We’ve seen a bit of Food Truck and a glimpse of Merlin’s Arcade. You mentioned a tentative timeline of RAZA then FT then Goonies then maybe the Lucha game. I wonder where Merlin’s fit in if they were doing animations. Logic would state there are Goonies and Lucha animations out there (shout out for brand synergy if the one Food Truck character ended up in the Lucha game - he always reminded me of a lucha wrestler)

I think we might have gotten an answer, but what was Robot Dreams, Pinball Wizard, and Farewell Dinosaur

I know what the weird antigrav test mech that was mentioned looks like. I think it was for Magic Girl? I’m curious about that and any other testing rigs like the one solenoid stress test machine.

We saw a white wood of Magic Girl. Where was that to be on the timeline? Or did they give up on it super early?

Did any other game besides RAZA have much software work done beyond basic flipper/sling/pop/etc functionality?

Did any of the online software plans go anywhere? We saw a very rough state on the website before it got pulled down for obvious security issues. How much time was wasted on trying to figure out how to buy a game from the PinBar, online leaderboards, etc.

#30662 2 years ago

We need an investigative journalism award here to encourage more of this quality work. a Pulitzer for pinball.

The Johnson Award.

Or the Golden Blueberry ?

#30663 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need an investigative journalism award here to encourage more of this quality work. Sorry if a Pulitzer for pinball.
The Johnson Award.

The Golden Johnson.

#30664 2 years ago

Over the past decade, how many times did we ask ourselves when RAZA would be released?

All along, front and center, deeproot was telling us.

Screenshot_20220418-212631_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-212631_Chrome (resized).jpg
#30665 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We need an investigative journalism award here to encourage more of this quality work. Sorry if a Pulitzer for pinball.
The Johnson Award.

Blueberry is... Deep Throat Root!

#30666 2 years ago

Second episode I did is up. This one's just the standard TPS format. Was fun!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cz4rz-1203781

#30667 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

The Golden Johnson.

Reading this reply while watching The Office.... Michael Scott couldn't have done it better.

#30668 2 years ago

Second episode I did is up. This one's just the standard TPS format. Was fun!
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-cz4rz-1203781

Trending up …. Golden Johnson Exposed. Overexposed maybe, asks Dennis K.? Sorry Dennis, guesting two episodes in one week is better than uncovering two scoops, everyday.

#30669 2 years ago

There just *has* to be some special kind of Lifetime Achievement award presented to Blueberry at the next TWIPY event...

#30670 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder where Merlin’s fit in if they were doing animations.

Merlin’s Arcade was slated to be the third game (when the animations were created), then was pushed back to the fourth game after Goonies was inserted into the queue.

#30671 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Merlin’s Arcade was slated to be the third game (when the animations were created), then was pushed back to the fourth game after Goonies was inserted into the queue.

Thanks @pinballguru. That makes sense considering the bits of animation we saw from deeproot / future house (which looked really good). How far along did you get? Both in terms of the playfield but also any software, the full animations, anything else?

#30672 2 years ago
Robert_PF_Small.gifRobert_PF_Small.gif
#30673 2 years ago

LMAO premature celebration in the background HAHAHAHA

#30674 2 years ago

Fantastic

Other requests:

One of the zoomed in face

Set the whole video to Yakety Sax (ht to ZMeny for the great idea)

#30675 2 years ago

I just can't stop watching this! It sort of epitomizes the whole deeproot experience in one key image...

#30676 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

LMAO premature celebration in the background HAHAHAHA

Watching the video, I'm not sure if it's celebration or if that worker is attempting to show Robert how he needs to be holding the playfield up high in order for that mech to engage properly.

#30677 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Watching the video, I'm not sure if it's celebration or if that worker is attempting to show Robert how he needs to be holding the playfield up high in order for that mech to engage properly.

Now that's a next-level possible/plausible observation

#30678 2 years ago

Xavier issues order approving the motion filed by Team Mueller yesterday. Anyone take a look at that one yet and spot the intriguing tidbits?

deeproot-sec-56-2022.04.19.pdfdeeproot-sec-56-2022.04.19.pdf
#30679 2 years ago

Diva Mueller

zDerprot edit 1 (resized).pngzDerprot edit 1 (resized).pngzsupreme (resized).jpgzsupreme (resized).jpg

#30680 2 years ago

This thread - from front to back - needs to be required reading for any pinsider who says we need “more innovation” in pinball.

We do not. We don’t need rotating playfields. We don’t need pinbars. We don’t need built in playfield rotisseries with hydraulic struts.

We don’t need any of this nonsense. If you think you need all this stuff, you should find another hobby, because pinball is pinball and this stuff is not.

#30681 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread - from front to back - needs to be required reading for any pinsider who says we need “more innovation” in pinball.
We do not. We don’t need rotating playfields. We don’t need pinbars. We don’t need built in playfield rotisseries with hydraulic struts.
We don’t need any of this nonsense. If you think you need all this stuff, you should find another hobby, because pinball is pinball and this stuff is not.

I guess I need another hobby. I'd love to play the final version of that rotating playfield.

- Love what spooky is doing with multiple playfields etc.
- Love the ramp diverters in shadow and the pong upper pf.
- Love the crazy upper in White Water.
- Absolutely love the insane backbox PF in Banzai Run.
- Love the phone and camera in Dialed In

Innovation in pinball is always welcome in my eyes. Making 10 innovative games when starting a new company is a bit different...

#30682 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, it isn't. Nobody shows Robert how to do anything. Robert just knows.

On second look, I am pretty sure it is Napoleon Dynamite doing the premature celebration.

#30684 2 years ago

Thanks pinballguru. That makes sense considering the bits of animation we saw from deeproot / future house (which looked really good). How far along did you get? Both in terms of the playfield but also any software, the full animations, anything else?

The game was mostly done except for software back in 2018. I had a very detailed game development document with rule set. The playfield has several smooth and fast flowing shots. The spinner shot is very satisfying, that also set-up an upper flipper shot (Like on Lights Camera Action). Merlin’s Arcade is more of a flow game with Eight Ball Deluxe attributes than the other way around.

I found it odd that nobody shot photos of the playfield during the auction preview.

#30685 2 years ago

JFC. If it works that poorly while holding just a piece of wood, imagine how bad it gets with a 30 lb populated playfield and wires hanging everywhere.

#30686 2 years ago

Mueller may not have shown up ready to work every day, but his belt sure did.

#30687 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

JFC. If it works that poorly while holding just a piece of wood, imagine how bad it gets with a 30 lb populated playfield and wires hanging everywhere.

While the premature celebrating is funny, what really gets me is the grandiose way Robert is manhandling it around like its really something cool

#30688 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Mueller may not have shown up ready to work every day, but his belt sure did.

He's got Dunlap disease.

His belly done lap over his belt.

#30689 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

30? I'm not sure I've ever handled a playfield that was only 30lb. Maybe Lost World or SST or something. Now let's hang a ST:TNG or Hobbit playfield on that thing and see what happens.

#30690 2 years ago

I wonder how much the game would weigh with that lift mech and glass lift, plus all the extra wiring to extend out that far. Keep in mind their backbox head is empty. All those unused dumbbells in the gym could make great counterweights...

Also keep in mind in the bottom of the cabinet was to be a PC, the power supplies, a shaker, a subwoofer and box (think TNA), and then speakers with some channeling ported out the the coin door.

#30691 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If you watch full video, they bolted a barbell plate to the PF. Looked to be 20-25lbs plate lol. The workout room they invested in came in handy.

#30692 2 years ago
DependentVastFowl-max-1mb.gifDependentVastFowl-max-1mb.gif
#30693 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

The game was mostly done except for software back in 2018. I had a very detailed game development document with rule set. The playfield has several smooth and fast flowing shots. The spinner shot is very satisfying, that also set-up an upper flipper shot (Like on Lights Camera Action). Merlin’s Arcade is more of a flow game with Eight Ball Deluxe attributes than the other way around.
I found it odd that nobody shot photos of the playfield during the auction preview.

pinballguru that's a shame no one took pictures if the playfield was out in the open. I have a huge number of pics (many of them not yet published) from the inspection day, though we didn't identify any as Merlin's. I wonder if we may have missed it?

#30694 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Is this it? Didn't you get this lot @keroppi?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30695 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Is this it? Didn't you get this lot Keroppi?
[quoted image]

It is. And I will most definitely be starting threads and sharing a lot of pictures of this machine and Goonies as I try to get them flipping. They'll even be going in proper deeproot cabinets.

#30696 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That's a fuzzy picture, like the auctioneer had posted. Kind of like a picture from my old flip phone.

#30697 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I'll check to see if I have any higher-quality pics of that one.

#30698 2 years ago

pinballguru bummer you couldn't get it produced. Gladiators is one of my favorite designs in all of pinball.

#30699 2 years ago

I'll check to see if I have any higher-quality pics of that one.

I haven’t seen one besides the auction photo. I specifically looked for it

Side note, based on Jon’s timeline the crotch speakers were a post 2018 innovation.

#30700 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

pinballguru bummer you couldn't get it produced. Gladiators is one of my favorite designs in all of pinball.

Isn't that the Windows98 Space Cadet layout?

I'd love to see how they got the floating pop bumpers worked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 614 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/614?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.