View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 613 of 672.
#30601 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Careful, you may be moderated for being off topic. Seems they are clamping down on dog and beer discussions.

Not likely, head over to the haggis thread for your fill of beer discussion.

#30602 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is one of my "treasures" from a time past. Handed directly to me from John himself when I visited Zidware.
Thinking of going to eBay with a description of: "Has Jpoop DNA on it".
Sounds exciting, right?
[quoted image]

Jpop signing art created by other people still gets me

#30603 2 years ago

I'm gonna take my shirt to Jeremy Packer and ask him to forge Jpop's signature.

#30604 2 years ago

No, Jpop didn’t create the art, but it’s creative genius that gave birth to these concepts, and in turn, the artwork.

Before Jpop, there had been magic in pinball. And there had been girls in pinball.

But nobody had ever willed to life the vision of putting them together.

A Magic Girl.

It’s all Jpop.

#30605 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No, Jpop didn’t create the art, but it’s creative genius that gave birth to these concepts, and in turn, the artwork.
Before Jpop, there had been magic in pinball. And there had been girls in pinball.
But nobody had ever willed to life the vision of putting them together.
A Magic Girl.
It’s all Jpop.

Sounds like we know where somebody's blowing their tax return

#30606 2 years ago
deeprootcapital-104-2022.04.15.pdfdeeprootcapital-104-2022.04.15.pdf
#30607 2 years ago

How much money is being spent with all these court dates, continuances and delays? Sheesh.

The companies are toast regardless. Or is Blobert trying to push back the criminal part?

#30608 2 years ago

Just checked. Elizabeth Holmes was found guilty, but is still hanging out in their.... Drumroll... $135 million dollar mansion waiting for sentencing way out on September 26th?

Rules for thee, not for me.

Oh and like Blobert she popped out a pity baby in time for the trial as well.

#30610 2 years ago

Just . . . Multi-industry diversification?
I'M  OUT (resized).jpgI'M OUT (resized).jpg

#30611 2 years ago

Yeah those are deeproot funds water bottles

#30612 2 years ago

55 bucks. Lol

#30613 2 years ago

Wait, I can buy a deep root water bottle for 55 bucks?

#30614 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait, I can buy a deep root water bottle for 55 bucks?

I wouldn't buy one for 55 cents

#30615 2 years ago

Let’s ship one to one of the investors who lost hundreds of thousands, I’m sure it will make them smile!!!

#30616 2 years ago

I bought one of the water bottles and I think I'll be OK.

#30617 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Let’s ship a bottle to one of the investors who lost hundreds of thousands.
I’m sure it will make them smile!

water bottle (resized).jpgwater bottle (resized).jpg

#30618 2 years ago

Can anyone who bought a complete set and or most of them contact me please , thank you

7F6BA893-7BD3-4716-B82D-4EB501AC6D6D (resized).jpeg7F6BA893-7BD3-4716-B82D-4EB501AC6D6D (resized).jpeg
#30619 2 years ago
Quoted from russdx:Let’s ship one to one of the investors who lost hundreds of thousands, I’m sure it will make them smile!!!

They probably already have one, which you can buy for a quarter at the garage sale they are having to raise money for food.

#30620 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Can anyone who bought a complete set and or most of them contact me please , thank you

Please for the love of god let this dumpster fire burn out. Not every unfinished clunkenstein needs to be saved. I don’t frame every finger painting my kid brings home from daycare.

#30621 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Can anyone who bought a complete set and or most of them contact me please , thank you [quoted image]

I'll have some info soon that may be helpful

#30622 2 years ago

Not sure if I was the first to see it, or if no one else was dumb enough to buy it.
This appeared on Pinball Life's website, and it looked pointless, so I bought it.
About 20 pages of minor CAD drawings.
If anyone is interested, I can scan it.

20220417_190821 (resized).jpg20220417_190821 (resized).jpg20220417_190833 (resized).jpg20220417_190833 (resized).jpg20220417_190854 (resized).jpg20220417_190854 (resized).jpg
#30623 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Not sure if I was the first to see it, or if no one else was dumb enough to buy it.
This appeared on Pinball Life's website, and it looked pointless, so I bought it.
About 20 pages of minor CAD drawings.
If anyone is interested, I can scan it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In the market for any other other zidware junk?

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 2.26.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 2.26.02 PM (resized).png
#30624 2 years ago

I wonder when/why John got demoted?

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.00.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.00.47 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.01.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.01.06 PM (resized).png

#30625 2 years ago

https://zidware.wordpress.com/

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.03.52 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.03.52 PM (resized).png

"all abuzz here at Zidware"

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.03.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.03.42 PM (resized).png

#30626 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.07.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-17 at 3.07.17 PM (resized).png

big lol https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-intern

#30627 2 years ago

So where is John now?

1) Robert's pool house
2) Robert's basement
3) Robert's mother-in-laws quarters
4) Canada

#30628 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So where is John now?

5) Robert's condo in Hawaii?

#30629 2 years ago

We're nice, but not that nice.

#30630 2 years ago

The Pinball Show: Uprooting Deeproot - Part 1

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guest: Blueberry Johnson

In Part One of The Pinball Show Special Series 'Uprooting Deeproot', Zach Meny speaks with hobbyist pinball researcher, Blueberry Johnson, about the fall of attempted upstart pinball company deeproot. Mr. Johnson has compiled an extensive amount of unreleased data from previous deeproot employees and from public information, showcasing detailed information about this failed startup pinball company, per Mr. Johnson.

DISCLAIMER: Content presented in this podcast episode is based on information received from Mr. Blueberry Johnson. The Pinball Show offers this disclaimer because the information received cannot be confirmed as coming from the direct sources, although the respondents were informed of the intentions of this information and were agreeable to it being used in a podcast medium. All of the information in this episode is 'alleged' and not being reported as fact; it is merely a form of reporting information from outside/secondary sources, much of which is for entertainment purposes.

Blueberry Johnson contact email: [email protected]

Visual references to the information presented in this episode can be found at knapparcade.org

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grznq-12030c7

ThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).pngThePinballShow_GoatLogo copy (resized).png

#30631 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

The Pinball Show: Uprooting Deeproot - Part 1
Host: Zach Meny
Special Guest: Blueberry Johnson
In Part One of The Pinball Show Special Series 'Uprooting Deeproot', Zach Meny speaks with hobbyist pinball researcher, Blueberry Johnson, about the fall of attempted upstart pinball company deeproot. Mr. Johnson has compiled an extensive amount of unreleased data from previous deeproot employees and from public information, showcasing detailed information about this failed startup pinball company, per Mr. Johnson.
DISCLAIMER: Content presented in this podcast episode is based on information received from Mr. Blueberry Johnson. The Pinball Show offers this disclaimer because the information received cannot be confirmed as coming from the direct sources, although the respondents were informed of the intentions of this information and were agreeable to it being used in a podcast medium. All of the information in this episode is 'alleged' and not being reported as fact; it is merely a form of reporting information from outside/secondary sources, much of which is for entertainment purposes.
Blueberry Johnson contact email: [email protected]
Visual references to the information presented in this episode can be found at knapparcade.com
email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/
https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-grznq-12030c7
[quoted image]

exclusive deeproot interview without a paywall? CRAZINESS

#30632 2 years ago

blueberryjohnson Any estimate on your time investment thus far? Totally understand if you don't (or prefer not to disclose).

#30633 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

blueberryjohnson Any estimate on your time investment thus far? Totally understand if you don't (or prefer not to disclose).

lol

They say if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.

PS I unfortunately won't get to listen to this until the end of the day. Hope people enjoy!

PPS more yet to come

#30634 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Visual references to the information presented in this episode can be found at knapparcade.com

.org, not .com.

#30635 2 years ago

Nice. Look forward to listening later tonight.

#30637 2 years ago

Whew, OK a bunch of the pictures and video that is associated with Zach and Blueberry's great interview are now up on the site. Man he's accumulated so much stuff. Here's what I have up so far. Enjoy!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-never-before-deeproot-pinball-seen-videos-pictures

#30638 2 years ago
Quoted from Knapp_Arcade:

Whew, OK a bunch of the pictures and video that is associated with Zach and Blueberry's great interview are now up on the site. Man he's accumulated so much stuff. Here's what I have up so far. Enjoy!
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/exclusive-never-before-deeproot-pinball-seen-videos-pictures

This is great stuff! My favorite is the crew trying to get the "early prototype" cabinet service mech to work properly.

#30639 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

lol
They say if you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life.
PS I unfortunately won't get to listen to this until the end of the day. Hope people enjoy!
PPS more yet to come

You don't sound at all like I would expect coming from a blueberry. I am disappoint

#30640 2 years ago

Wow, what a gold mine of material. I can see why the employees thought they were all part of a pinball startup. Shame about where the money for all that came from.

#30641 2 years ago

Great podcast to listen to while chorin’, since everything I finish around the house while listening feels like a monumental accomplishment compared to Robert Mueller’s legacy.

#30642 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Wow, what a gold mine of material. I can see why the employees thought they were all part of a pinball startup. Shame about where the money for all that came from.

Food truck looked very playable.

#30643 2 years ago

this nugget is golden, benheck will get a chuckle (53 minutes into the podcast)
"we started populating LED boards in-house because we couldn't afford to have a SMT house do it, and we started to reject more than 50% of the boards due to defects from the LED's not turning on. Turns out as soon as you open a package of 1,000 led's they should be kept desert dry. We had more humid days in san antonio than usual. The little led's would absorb moisture and when heated the moisture would explode out of the package often killing the LED".

#30644 2 years ago

Was very happy when a moment was taken to mention Blueberry Johnsons exceptional career in children’s television.

#30645 2 years ago

That document relates to the approval of the sale of life insurance policies.

#30646 2 years ago

jpop_is_a_tool (resized).pngjpop_is_a_tool (resized).png
#30647 2 years ago

I first saw this photo a week or two ago and didn't notice that JPop also wrote his name on his spray paint cans. Guess there was a lot of theft going on in the deep root offices...

#30648 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Food truck looked very playable.

It really does look great. The BOM would have been insane for it. Like a $15k game if Stern built it. Also seems to be held together with paper clips and bubble gum

Some neat ideas though. Upper playfield seems like it would have had magnet flippers like the upper playfield on Twilight Zone. A frying cage that seems like a ball lock. I'm guessing the soda dispenser mech might have been a physical ball lock?

I've said this a dozen times, but it's just so hard to wrap your mind around how much money was spent to make so few things of any real value.

#30649 2 years ago

Hats tipped to Stephen for his excellent deeproot interview on K-Man’s podcast. It is behind a paywall and worth joining for the 2 deeproot interviews alone and then you can quit. Might be a third one coming soon ?? Stephen offers great insight into management operations at deeproot and thanks for describing what the heck the SLC office did. He comes across as honest, curious and talented professional, without an axe to grind. I learned a lot about deeproot and hearing from Stephen for the first time was really neat. Mostly glad Scandell discovered pinball and he’s a full-fledged Pinsider. Who will play Stephen in the deeproot documentary? Maybe he’ll appear as an avatar.

#30650 2 years ago

I guess I’m just not as fascinated as most of you guys are about “what they wanted to make/what could have been!/how white wood X would have played.”

It was always a scam. None of these games were ever going to actually happen. Any speculation is just fantasy.

The tangible proof that the deep root pinball design firm was ever anything more than a fantasy exists in these “white woods” which are barely a step beyond notepad scrawls. They just don’t hold very much interest for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 613 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/613?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.