60478a4cee93b2a67cf1812b6d4b66a4e95874cb (resized).png
Untitled (resized).png
blind-leading-the-a-motivational-vector-24050980 (resized).jpg
195_268[282CD262D9BA878BCE5934096BED85F9] (resized).jpg
IMG_0980-2-3-768x576 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 12.44.07 PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

217 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 31,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 610 of 638.
#30451 4 months ago

I'll try to join this if I remember. Though I have a meeting at 3pm.

#30452 4 months ago

T minus 45 minutes (hopefully)

https://us-courts.webex.com/meet/Parker
Judge Parker hearing: phone no. 650-479-3207; access code 2305-728-3687#; press # again for no attendee ID

#30453 4 months ago

I'm in for the next hour or so; probably won't be able to play-by-play, but I will be "committing a lot of the audio to memory."

#30454 4 months ago

Just logged in to the call. (late)

There is an emotional woman briefing the court about how Tuyo has a financial interest that is not disclosed and has insider information and that this is screwing over the original investors.

Mr. Mueller is the one who purchased all of these and has insider information and may be sharing it.

We need more time. We need people to be able to take out loans and renew these policies. There should be more Deeproot entities.

#30455 4 months ago

Court would like to remind the audinece that this is about:

Robert Mueller has nothing to do to this and will not benefit Mueller or Deeproot.

Deeproot bankrupcy estates are seperate bankrupcy entities

#30456 4 months ago

Mr. Mueller and Deeproot are no longer in control.

He can only benefit if all the creditors are paid in full.

There is no evidence this will/can happen.

#30457 4 months ago

Judge: I don't want to hear about how bad Mr. Mueller was/is unless it is relevant to who owns the bankrupcy assets.

#30458 4 months ago

Judge: We are only fighting about whether the sale is fair and reasonable and in the best interest of the creditors.

#30459 4 months ago

Judge: Stop talking about Mueller, talk to me about the buyer and why this shouldn't happen.

#30460 4 months ago

Based off of what I have heard so far it sounds like they are expressely not talking about Mueller, so I'm bailing.

#30461 4 months ago

Noteworthy: Trustee disclosed that there is only $4900 in the trust account for this case, most of which is from a federal tax return.

Not news, but he also disclosed that premiums paid by to keep policies alive by TuYo >$28,000.

#30462 4 months ago

Pretty boring so far...but I see Mr. Iceman in attendance! Give 'em hell!

#30463 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Pretty boring so far...but I see Mr. Iceman in attendance! Give 'em hell!

Is Iceman the gentleman in the maroon "Built Ford Tough" shirt?

#30464 4 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Is Iceman the gentleman in the maroon "Built Ford Tough" shirt?

Nope...he can out himself if he wants though.

#30465 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Nope...he can out himself if he wants though.

I was just kidding, Jack Daniel (maroon shirt guy) is just my favorite so far. Lots of great stuff coming from his video feed.

#30466 4 months ago

Jumping in between calls - where are we in terms of the witness list agenda? Guesses on how long this will go?

#30467 4 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Jumping in between calls - where are we in terms of the witness list agenda? Guesses on how long this will go?

We're on #2 still, W. Drew Mallender.

I admire the tenacity of the woman making the (many) procedural objections but there's definitely a lack of experience/clarity/confidence bringing her down

At the beginning, after her little opening speech of objections, Judge Parker gave a prepared statement about how this was about approval of the sale and not about Robert Mueller (reiterating that this sale in no way benefits him). He still did not acknowledge the TuYo disclosures in the purchase agreement and the omission of the investment portal, which is frustrating. I'd like someone (him) to acknowledge that at some point.

#30468 4 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

We're on #2 still, W. Drew Mallender.
I admire the tenacity of the woman making the (many) procedural objections but there's definitely a lack of experience/clarity/confidence bringing her down

Yeah, she's hard to listen to...but she seems to be calming down and getting more confident now.

#30469 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah, she's hard to listen to...but she seems to be calming down and getting more confident now.

I'm really confused about where her examination questions of policy ownership are trying to go.

#30470 4 months ago

Just posting for timestamp purposes; questioning regarding Chris Turner's services started around 1:26 in.

[After acknowledging that Turner did tell Pulman's firm about the Investment Portal he developed for Mueller, woman (sorry, I don't know her name/title) asked if they did any further investigation into the nature of that portal]

Mallender said he did not further investigate the specifics of the investment portals Turner developed for Mueller.

"Why?"

[Long, awkward, frustrated pause from Mallender]

"Why would we?"

#30471 4 months ago

Missed the details, but something was mentioned about Mueller/Deeproot being partial owners of a building worth ~$5.2M. I think that's news to me, but I'm no Blueberry Johnson.

#30472 4 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Missed the details, but something was mentioned about Mueller/Deeproot being partial owners of a building worth ~$5.2M. I think that's news to me, but I'm no Blueberry Johnson.

News to me too.

#30473 4 months ago

[Narrator: Mr. Mallender was becoming VERY frustrated with this woman.]

#30474 4 months ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Possibly the car wash?

#30475 4 months ago

The deeproot attorney Mallock(?) sounds like John Goodman. That is great news for the documentary film crew.

Lady attorney made 2 good points. Why the rush to sell insurance premiums now and not include all info needed to determine their value? She asks why they didn’t list the $6M dr building as an asset. Robert is identified as the manager and it is being actively marketed on social media as an asset and it should be in an auction of assets. We weren’t aware of that (was their actual answer).

#30476 4 months ago

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The deeproot attorney Mallock(?) sounds like John Goodman. That is great news for the film crew.
Lady prosecutor made good points. Why the rush to sell insurance premiums now and not include all info needed to determine their value? She asks why they didn’t list the $6M dr building that Robert is listed as a Manager for and it is listed in media as an asset to be sold? We weren’t aware of that (was their actual answer).

I had A Few Good Men "You can't handle the truth!" Vibes hitting for a minute there.

This guy talking now forgot to comb his hair today.

#30477 4 months ago

Just got a teaser of a new bidder from Mrs. Counsel. She had a dramatic reveal in mind but judge asked to finish with cross examination of the Trustee (Lowe) before calling the new bidder/witness.

#30478 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I had A Few Good Men "You can't handle the truth!" Vibes hitting for a minute there.
This guy talking now forgot to comb his hair today.

Reece Witherstone of Legally Blond would make for a perfect casting.

OMG! Show stopper. She gets John Goodman to reluctantly admit they would sell the $1.1M insurance policies iF a better offer than TuYo’s came up. He said yeah. She says I’d like to call another witness. Objection. She says her next witness will come up here and make a higher offer for the policies right now. That gets shelved for now …. but it may be coming later. Oh boy.

#30479 4 months ago

Is the person doing cross Lynne Jurek? https://www.jureklaw.com/attorneys/

#30480 4 months ago
cnz0MVI.gif
#30481 4 months ago

A lot of "I don't recall that" when asked about the connection of DR and TuYo

#30482 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

...and they're gone.
Terry

To bad would love to get my hands on a set and make molds so we all can get one

#30483 4 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

A lot of "I don't recall that" when asked about the connection of DR and TuYo

From who?

#30484 4 months ago

I think it was Patrick Lowe? Idk the lawyer arguing for the sale.

#30485 4 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it was Patrick Lowe? Idk the lawyer arguing for the sale.

Yep, that’s who it was. After a warning from Pulman (his counsel) not to disclose anything about the TuYo relationship that Lowe learned through Pulman (attorney client privilege, I guess).

#30486 4 months ago

lawyers lawyering really is going to drain what little money is left

#30487 4 months ago

Yeah, every one of these calls is thousands (?) of recovered dollars not going into victims' pockets. Necessary evil I guess.

#30488 4 months ago

Turner acknowledged that he had access to the data about the policies, which he described as high level information..

I didn’t hear a clear denial of his access to lower level information (policy details) but he does seem to be handling himself pretty well. Fwiw I don’t get any slimeball vibes from him as a witness, but I still can’t square the circle that is “software guy becomes policy speculator to the tune of >$1M overnight.”

#30489 4 months ago

Iceman getting on right now

#30490 4 months ago

Iceman hype

#30491 4 months ago

oh snap Iceman throwing his bid into the ring

#30492 4 months ago

They do not seem to be pleased with this surprise development

#30493 4 months ago

Turner “I am not an insider as defined by the US Bankruptcy Code”

Turner’s description of the investment portal was a database designed by his team for Mueller, containing information about investors and investments made. Allowed mueller to track policies and allowed investors to log in and view the status of their investments.

Turner admitted that the database contained policy details and that he “doesn’t make a habit of snooping in his clients files” (loose quote) but that he did technically have the access to do so.

#30494 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

They do not seem to be pleased with this surprise development

Super understatement. They're fucking pissed.

Especially because she got them to say on the record they would consider a higher bid if it came in.

And it sounds like Ice will testify on how the bid process was messed up.

#30495 4 months ago

captain's auction: deeproot edition

#30496 4 months ago

10 minute break, heres everyone's chance to get in and check things out

#30497 4 months ago

Shit's getting real!!!!

#30498 4 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

10 minute break, heres everyone's chance to get in and check things out

good time to go pop some corn

#30499 4 months ago

Oh boy, Lady attorney cracked the nut. She has raised objection to fairness of bid info and to the insider access to info by Turner on Stalking Horse deal. She has her friend who wants to make an offer talking to trustee for sale of policies during this recess. My bet is after 10 min recess this case stops the sale of policies and maybe more. Something is going to happen! This case seemed like it would go on forever but the tides turned quickly on this last pass… 2 more min.

#30500 4 months ago

Wow, can't wait for the Hulu series of this!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rottenburg An Der Laaber, BY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 31,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 610 of 638.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!