• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 608 of 669.
#30351 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here’s the argument that should be made
at the hearing.
There is only ONE single offer because TUYO is either stupid or they know more information about the policies than is currently there for inspection, the files that I personally saw as a “potential bidder”.
IF they wanted to solicit more bidders like myself they needed to do the following:
1). The trustee gets “ownership” of the policies, they only had ONE transferred as of last week.
2). Once ownership is obtained then immediately request “IN FORCE” illustrations
As I told the trustee IF the TIME was extended to bid as a result of the OBJECTIONS filed I would like to see the new information for bidding purposes.
The trustee argument is that premiums have to be made currently so that these 8 remaining policies don’t lapse.
That’s why TUYO made a few payments to keep some going and why the bankruptcy guys think they are the “white knights” saving the day.
My thought would be to have the trustee obtain 1) and 2) above over the next 45-60 days so that a true FMV can be determined and bid on.
During that time, TUYO can continue to make any payments, which we don’t even know about, out of the funds already in the possession of the trustee. $400,000
IF the bid process is over, what is the TUYO going to do right now anyhow as owners?
Pay the premiums.
Thus, I see no reason why the judge shouldn’t extend the process by 45-60 days so that the trustee can properly secure the assets and obtain the necessary info for bidding, while maintaining the current 8 policies.

Agree with the above. @frolic, it would seem to me the primary reason there was only one bidder was because the sales process was constructed in a way that and on deadlines such that it would be hard to conceive of any party other than the one who put forth said construction and deadlines would plausibly bid. That is an important difference than the primary reason being no parties—given sufficient information and time—would be interested in bidding.

The trustees job is to achieve the best return for deeproot's creditors from deeproot's assets. For the reasons like those which iceman lays out, it's reasonable to conclude that very well may be best achieved by halting the sale from proceeding as presently ordered and adjusting the terms of that order. And if concerns sufficient to persuade Judge Parker as to that course are presented on Monday, I assume (?) that's what should happen (is that's how the legal system is supposed to work?).

#30352 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is so Deep Root.
“Hey, who wants to finish up one of these shitty games we are working on and put it up for sale?”
“Nah, that’s what losers do. Instead let’s spend 4 years trying to come up with a giant rotating lower playfield without twisting any wires.
We are geniuses!!!”

Barry was in complete denial or completely oblivious to the downfall of Deeproot. He believed until the very end. Black Hole II, as he called it, was only being worked on because of the stand still in the whole RAZA fiasco. Barry had this idea for a very long time along with John Trudeau who originally wanted to do it while he was still with Gottlieb/Premier. We all sat at lunch and discussed it before we all found out J.T. was a Pedo.

#30353 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And if they did have continuous rotation, they'd probably just realize it isn't fun to make it do that or very interesting.
Also why did they not just buy a Batman 66 and copy Stern's turntable then scale up? That turntable works and is reliable which my location game with nearly 20k plays can attest to.

Well, the turntable on the BM66 on location by me has not worked for a long time - and it makes the game essentially unplayable.

#30354 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

The trustees job is to achieve the best return for deeproot's creditors from deeproot's assets.

Which is why it really may boil down to 'ROI'. If they do all this extra work and wait, will they get a higher price? Will it actually bring more bidders to the table?

Or be like an auction - they take the money they can get now and don't sweat what 'could have been'. That was the money that was available and ready to be spent.

If the trustee doesn't have the data themselves - its hard for them to qualify 'is this a good price or not?'. Does the trustee want to spend the time and money to do that.. which in itself eats up what the return to the creditors is anyways?

That's what the court really needs to weigh... All our angst over the scoundrals getting away with another scam is probably far down the list of things the trustee is willing to fight over. If the group presents enough of a case that passes reasonable due diligence.. they are going to be focused on liquidating, not trying to keep robert squirming. That's someone else's job.

#30355 1 year ago

It looks like the objecting parties are saying that they actually own the life insurance policies. It may make sense for them to create a corporation, take ownership, pay down the monthly premiums, and then collect in the end.

This would have the same outcome as though DR had not collapsed - same risk/reward ratio.

#30356 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Ah, I think I've cracked it:
"Same sort of private staff that let a guy drown in a city pool from drinking."

No I think he meant spit hood! They use those to cover someones face if they are spitting on the cops trying to arrest or detain them!

#30357 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:No I think he meant spit hood! They use those to cover someones face if they are spitting on the cops trying to arrest or detain them!

... and then they puke inside it, aspirate the barf, drown in their own upchuck, and somehow it's the police's fault.

#30358 1 year ago
Quoted from Inside:

It looks like the objecting parties are saying that they actually own the life insurance policies. It may make sense for them to create a corporation, take ownership, pay down the monthly premiums, and then collect in the end.
This would have the same outcome as though DR had not collapsed - same risk/reward ratio.

That’s of course assuming Robert was correct in determining that these are worthwhile investments to hold on to

Didn’t most of these retirees sell their life insurance benefits to get monthly income now? Some likely need the money now because they’ve budgeted for that income when deciding on retirement homes and such.

#30359 1 year ago
Quoted from homebrood:

No I think he meant spit hood! They use those to cover someones face if they are spitting on the cops trying to arrest or detain them!

This thread has it all, folks!

I simply assumed beer + greatwich = typos, and combined that with the numerous reminders that he used to work for the city pool, pension, beer, etc. Seemed like a good guess at the time.

#30360 1 year ago

I’d like to hear more about Greatwhich’s crazy cocaine days.

#30361 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

This thread has it all, folks!

Reads like Stefon from SNL.

#30362 1 year ago

I read john's posts in Harry Caray's voice for full comedic effect.

#30363 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deffo explains some of the crazy posts

#30364 1 year ago

I think we need a thread dedicated to the adventures of Greatwhich… seems to have a lot of life experience resulting in some great stories. Always enjoy his posts.

#30365 1 year ago

One of these is D.B.Cooper and one is Greatwich, you decide.

12E6C7A4-389D-43E1-A251-7C1EAB9908FF.jpeg12E6C7A4-389D-43E1-A251-7C1EAB9908FF.jpeg
#30366 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It obviously made him broke and drink more beer.

#30367 1 year ago

For the record John never said HE did cocaine.

#30368 1 year ago

Back from a day of drinking & the night is still young. 4 beers after servicing the local barcade, 3 at the local gun & dagger bar, lost $20 on vlt gambing. Ready for more beer drinking with my pinball guys. Back to the cocaine days which I only observed. I have a best friend that was involved, along with the ladies. He has all the stories about what that can do for your sex life. Back to my police station story, we had a guy go in & die with a spit hood on in a cell. They did not remove it, & he died. Everything was recorded on video. They should check on people every 15 minutes in cells for their well being, that did not happen. Very sad story & death that did not need to happen.
I can help out guys if they wish. But I think most that won the auction stuff are going alone. The interested parties have given up on Deeproot stuff that I was in contact with last year.

#30369 1 year ago

Keep 'em coming John

#30371 1 year ago

Okay this is getting too dark, back to mocking whitewoods, please and thank you.

#30372 1 year ago

Little known fact: the wolf in Party Animal is based on greatwichjohn.

#30373 1 year ago

Yikes.

What must the Texas legal community think of this hobby now?

#30374 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yikes.

97799233-6B57-4EC2-A8CE-F197CCB38326 (resized).jpeg97799233-6B57-4EC2-A8CE-F197CCB38326 (resized).jpeg
Tbh you could say this about the people who actually make pinball machines

#30375 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yikes.

They don’t give a shit about pinball.

Never did. The investors, lawyers, bankruptcy judge etc etc

All they care about is maximizing what they can return to creditors via the Mel Davis auction, and it’s pennies on the dollar, and any other asset like the car wash loan and life insurance policies.

#30376 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Back from a day of drinking & the night is still young. 4 beers after servicing the local barcade, 3 at the local gun & dagger bar, lost $20 on vlt gambing. Ready for more beer drinking with my pinball guys. Back to the cocaine days which I only observed. I have a best friend that was involved, along with the ladies. He has all the stories about what that can do for your sex life. Back to my police station story, we had a guy go in & die with a spit hood on in a cell. They did not remove it, & he died. Everything was recorded on video. They should check on people every 15 minutes in cells for their well being, that did not happen. Very sad story & death that did not need to happen.
I can help out guys if they wish. But I think most that won the auction stuff are going alone. The interested parties have given up on Deeproot stuff that I was in contact with last year.

Yep, the best pickup line in the world is "Would you like some cocaine?"

Just for the record, I don't mess with the stuff but I just think the line is pretty funny

#30377 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep, the best pickup line in the world is "Would you like some cocaine?"
Just for the record, I don't mess with the stuff but I just think the line is pretty funny

Here in Mi or at least up north (UP) the pickup line is "that's a mighty fine tooth you have there".

#30378 1 year ago

I was told to stay on topic of Deeproot. Nothing going on with me or the winners at the auction. If that changes I will return. Until then I will continue enjoying my beer!

#30379 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:[quoted image]
Tbh you could say this about the people who actually make pinball machines

Or fraudsters like RM or JPOOP. Pinball community seems like easy pickens.

#30380 1 year ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I was told to stay on topic of Deeproot. Nothing going on with me or the winners at the auction. If that changes I will return. Until then I will continue enjoying my beer!

Yea that was the weirdest thing ever, Stay on topic, in this thread.

#30381 1 year ago

Feel like the calm before the storm to anyone else?

#30382 1 year ago

Now this is interesting.

https://www.kvoa.com/news/n4t-investigators-investors-blame-tucson-financial-advisor-for-losing-money-to-alleged-ponzi-scheme/article_c17b8a6a-a648-11ec-972a-679fae77ffda.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.36.25 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.36.25 AM (resized).png

I just came across this local tv + news coverage out of Tucson. Focused on the sad story of an investor out of Tucson, it involves a fair number of interviews and details on other lawsuits. However, the words "pinball", "PPP", "PinPod", nor "Jpoop", among many others, never come up.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.39.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.39.39 AM (resized).png

At the end of the piece, the reporter puts out a call to viewers for stories they should investigate.

"If you have a story you'd like us to investigate, email us at [email protected] or call our tip line at 520-955-4444."

Since he's got a good one there and may not realize just how good, perhaps someone would could get in touch to make help him with that? Could be promising.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.38.20 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-08 at 5.38.20 AM (resized).png

Direct email ([email protected]) for the reporter, who is also the chief investigative reporter for the outlet.

#30383 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Feel like the calm before the storm to anyone else?

Waiting for 2pm on 4/11:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#30384 1 year ago

I refuse to believe Chorus Nylander is an actual reporter and not a Stephen King villain.

#30385 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea that was the weirdest thing eve, Stay on topic, in this thread.

Damn, beat me too it. That moderation cracked my shit up. Nevermind the era of posting pics of our pets.

#30386 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Damn, beat me too it. That moderation cracked my shit up. Nevermind the era of posting pics of our pets.

We also had some poetry, shit ton of off topic memes, and recently some tunes banged out. Really, this thread has covered it all!

#30388 1 year ago

I still proud of when I started everyone doing Haiku.

While were waiting, I'm wondering if anyone has gotten any up or down votes from the SEC. I think some of us are pretty entertaining in this thread and you would think they would show us some love.

Any clues as to what their avatar might be or handle?

#30389 1 year ago

I guess nobody in the pinball community snapped it up. I forgot to check to see when the domain was expiring.

#30390 1 year ago

We should flood their contact form with requests for RAZA...

#30391 1 year ago

I don't think deeproot ever had that one, did they? Theirs were deeprootpinball.com, deeprootfunds.com, etc.

Edit: Yeah, the wayback machine shows that deeproot.com has always been the gardening place.

#30392 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I don't think deeproot ever had that one, did they? Theirs were deeprootpinball.com, deeprootfunds.com, etc.

Oh, I guess not. Just checked archive org, and it looks like the same company has owned it for several years.

#30393 1 year ago

This urban landscape products company with the unfortunately similar name has existed the entire time.
They are not new and have had that name. Not ever associated with Supergenius Robert.

#30394 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

This urban landscape products company with the unfortunately similar name has existed the entire time.
They are not new and have had that name. Not ever associated with Supergenius Robert.

Pft. That landscaping company probably doesn't even know how to mine conflict diamonds from Africa...

#30395 1 year ago
Quoted from RCA1:

You have to wonder whether Robert ever tried to muscle this company into giving him their domain name...

#30396 1 year ago

Not checking domain availability before naming all your companies the same stupid word: total Mueller move.

Wait, maybe he did. They even use a similar all-lowercase logo.

logo (resized).pnglogo (resized).png
#30397 1 year ago

If the shoe was on the other foot, Big Shot Bob would’ve C&D’d the shit out of the gardening company. At least their logo doesn’t look like a buttplug.

#30398 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

If the shoe was on the other foot, Big Shot Bob would’ve C&D’d the shit out of the gardening company. At least their logo doesn’t look like a buttplug.

I thought you said she was a real spark plug. No, no, I said butt plug. She's heinous.

#30399 1 year ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I guess nobody in the pinball community snapped it up. I forgot to check to see when the domain was expiring.

The domains have expired on March 23rd, but every domain has a grace period. I believe on May 7th you can register any of those domains.

#30400 1 year ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The domains have expired on March 23rd, but every domain has a grace period. I believe on May 7th you can register any of those domains.

Here's godaddy's domain expiration process:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-happens-when-my-domain-expires-609

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 608 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/608 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.