Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 607 of 672.
#30301 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Black Hole 2: Deeproot

Monetary Black Hole: Deeproot

#30302 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Fed by lies
Undisclosed
And designs that no one knows
Deeproot plays
Boasts five days
And a RAZA-led disgrace
Innovate
Jpop stench
With an octocoupled bench
Pinbar hangs
The whole team
With no magic left to spend
Black hole funds
Take the plunge
And flip them down the drain
Deeproot funds
Take the plunge
Flip the plunge

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#30303 2 years ago

Hope the objectors have a plan for getting on someone's witness list for Monday!

deeprootcapital-98-2022.04.06.pdfdeeprootcapital-98-2022.04.06.pdf

Chris Turner scheduled to appear. I'm telling you, must-see TV.

#30304 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Chris Turner scheduled to appear. I'm telling you, must-see TV.

""Mr. Turner, what is your Pinside handle?""

#30305 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

""Mr. Turner, what is your Pinside handle?""

That brings up an excellent point what if they need to cross connect anyone's real names in the paperwork with anyone that may have contributed to the threads on pin side lol. Oh yes you're honor my name is Bob Smith Senior the III, but on pinside I go by IDidYourMom.

Your honor.

#30306 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

That brings up an excellent point what if they need to cross connect anyone's real names in the paperwork with anyone that may have contributed to the threads on pin side lol. Oh yes you're honor my name is Bob Smith Senior the III, but on pinside I go by IDidYourMom.
Your honor.

Your honor, I prefer to go by TreyBo69 and insist that everyone include the numbers when referring to me. Further, the court stenographer should record every instance of “nice” afterwords. Thank you and God bless America

#30307 2 years ago

Are you now or have you ever been a member of Pinside?

r. cohn (resized).jpgr. cohn (resized).jpg
#30308 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Are you now or have you ever been a member of Pinside?

Darn! You mean I'm about to be blacklisted again?

#30309 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Your honor, I prefer to go by TreyBo69 and insist that everyone include the numbers when referring to me. Further, the court stenographer should record every instance of “nice” afterwords. Thank you and God bless America

It's funny, BlueBerry and I lamented that the poor court recorder and anyone having to type the name Deeproot, probably had to go back and fix it, to the properly named lower-case deeproot in every court document. Another Blobert innovation..

#30310 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's funny, BlueBerry and I lamented that the poor court recorder and anyone having to type the name Deeproot, probably had to go back and fix it, to the properly named lower-case deeproot in every court document. Another Blobert innovation..

Ctrl+H!

Hotkeys are life savers!

#30311 2 years ago

Your Honor, we'd like to call Satan Eats Cheese to the stand."

#30312 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Ctrl+H!
Hotkeys are life savers!

I was thinking find and replace ha.

#30313 2 years ago
Quoted from VonPinball:

Your Honor, we'd like to call Satan Eats Cheese to the stand."

Mr. Blueberry Johnson, in your expert opinion, at what point did Pinside come to the conclusion that deeproot was never going to deliver a single pin?

#30314 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Mr. Blueberry Johnson, in your expert opinion, at what point did Pinside come to the conclusion that deeproot was never going to deliver a single pin?

I think it may have been post #8, where financials were called into question. Will check

#30315 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Actually, Post 2 and 3 lol.

Screenshot_20220406-154813_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220406-154813_Chrome (resized).jpg
#30316 2 years ago

"Mr Heckendorn, do you or do you not possess a law license?"

"THERE ARE. FOUR. LIIIIIIIGHTS!!!"

#30317 2 years ago

Your honor, please let the record show that I just upvoted an iceman post.

#30318 2 years ago

Drinking lots of beer tonight since I have nothing to work on Deeproot pinball wise. Looks like everyone is going to build & finish stuff on their own.

#30319 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Drinking lots of beer tonight since I have nothing to work on Deeproot pinball wise. Looks like everyone is going to build & finish stuff on their own.

You would be better off starting a home brew from scratch than going on a wild goose chase figuring out someone else's design and programming. In fact, if I had to choose between some of the home brews I've seen at shows that flip, and these big piles of nothing, I would take the home brew all day.

#30320 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:Drinking lots of beer tonight since I have nothing to work on Deeproot pinball wise. Looks like everyone is going to build & finish stuff on their own.

Interesting, nobody got ahold of me either I am drinking beer though, so mug totally half fully!

#30321 2 years ago

I tried homebrew back in the early 1980 with a kit. Never turned out well. I use to call it swish beer mix it with coke. Kind of nasty, but when your young you can handle shit. Sorry I was thinking about beer not pinball. had a few pitchers at the bar & a number of cans tonight.

#30322 2 years ago

I tried homebrew back in the early 1980 with a kit. Never turned out well. I use to call it swish beer mix it with coke. Kind of nasty, but when your young you can handle shit.

Wait, you based a homebrew based off your life before you were married and on a pension drinking beer, or what you wanted your life to be?

We have similar dreams.

#30323 2 years ago

I tried homebrew back in the early 1980 with a kit. Never turned out well. I use to call it swish beer mix it with coke. Kind of nasty, but when your young you can handle shit. Sorry I was thinking about beer not pinball. had a few pitchers at the bar & a number of cans tonight.

No coke?

#30324 2 years ago

Coke as in pop. Many people I know have done real coke back in the day. I remember back in the days when a US aircraft carrier came into my port city, as many military police as our own. Lines of coke being done in public with US sailors. Very interesting times. Weed is legal here but I only drink beer! Coke as cocaine. All American dinking tonight except for one beer Moosehead Grapefruit radler, 2 pitchers of bud, 1 coors, & 3 miller high life which I have not had in years.

#30325 2 years ago

Coke as in pop. Many people I know have done real coke back in the day. I remember back in the days when a US aircraft carrier came into my port city, as many military police as our own. Lines of coke being done in public with US sailors. Very interesting times. Weed is legal here but I only drink beer! Coke as cocaine. All American dinking tonight except for one beer Moosehead Grapefruit radler, 2 pitchers of bud, 1 coors, & 3 miller high life which I have not had in years.

I know you have lots of pinball contacts, got any of them Columbian connects still?!

#30326 2 years ago

No, but I got a good story working for my city. I use to go into the police station through the booking area, garage, & never the front door. One time they would not let me into the booking area, after waiting & ringing the bell (15 minutes). Thought they were being ignorant not telling me to wait (everything is on camera). So I but my boots to the door & waited. Plumber I was sent to help said they were pissed off. Same sort of private staff that let I guy drown in a spit hood from drinking. The trial continues, & the video is being used.

#30327 2 years ago

Let's get fucking ready to rumble.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.06.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.06.11 PM (resized).png

I just moved a meeting for this.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.08.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.08.39 PM (resized).png

Fingers crossed two hours will be enough.

deeprootcapital-99-2022.04.06.pdfdeeprootcapital-99-2022.04.06.pdf

#30328 2 years ago

Sorry if you already specified, but it's been hard to keep up the last 36 hours... what's the time of the hearing on Monday? Might need to do some meeting moving myself.

#30329 2 years ago

Let's get fucking ready to rumble.
[quoted image]
I just moved a meeting for this.
[quoted image]
Fingers crossed two hours will be enough.
[quoted image]

What does COA stand for?

#30330 2 years ago

Same sort of private staff that let I guy drown in a spit hood from drinking.

What in the... I mean, huh?

Moosehead Grapefruit radler, 2 pitchers of bud, 1 coors, & 3 miller high life

Nevermind.

#30331 2 years ago

I will never forget the conversation I had with my distributor a few years ago when I was picking up Iron Maiden.

I asked if he was going to fill out the paperwork to become a dealer for deeproot, and he said deep who?

#30332 2 years ago

Another screenshot for Monday:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170912105135/http://turnerlogic.com:80/portfolio/

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.08.56 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.08.56 PM (resized).png

#30333 2 years ago

Robert's not the only one in deepcourt:

https://setexasrecord.com/stories/621740443-investor-claims-he-was-fraudulently-sold-high-risk-investment-by-unregistered-firm-advisor

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.23.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.23.38 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.22.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 10.22.43 PM (resized).png

#30334 2 years ago

Robert's not the only one in deepcourt:

Let the bodies hit the floor...I hope every one of these "investment advisors" involved in aiding Blobert Mueller's fraud is held accountable and loses their license. Lying to investors to collect a commission on the sale needs to be stopped.

#30335 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

what's the time of the hearing on Monday? Might need to do some meeting moving myself.

I'd also like to know how much and what kind of beer Greatwich will be drinking during the hearing. The cost of the beer is important too for a pensioner. A story or two about highschool dance etiquette or shoplifting would be a cool bonus, maybe cross-referenced with beer drinking tales....

#30336 2 years ago

"Can you point at Mr Popadiuk"
"Yes, that is him. Sad face".

#30337 2 years ago

John by thinking out loud, you're giving away all your secrets.....Stop.

#30338 2 years ago

From what I'm gathering, there is only a single offer for the insurance plans. Is it possible it would go through even though it stinks, because in the end that's the only way to recoup anything for the creditors?

#30339 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Let the bodies hit the floor...I hope every one of these "investment advisors" involved in aiding Blobert Mueller's fraud is held accountable and loses their license. Lying to investors to collect a commission on the sale needs to be stopped.

As it turns out, it’s not just “investment advisors”, there are a bunch of these “finders” that were paid an 8% “finders fee” to direct people to Bobby to make the SALE to those “investors”.

Think about this, what was going to be “conservative” and yield 7% fixed for 5 years in the current and past interest rate environment of almost nothing?

On top of that, you give the “finder” 8% and then Bobby looks to have taken another 22% from “closing the sale”.

Thus, $100 is dropped in and $70 goes to work in supposed “life policies” and “other business …”

And have to guarantee 7% return?

#30340 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

From what I'm gathering, there is only a single offer for the insurance plans. Is it possible it would go through even though it stinks, because in the end that's the only way to recoup anything for the creditors?

Here’s the argument that should be made
at the hearing.

There is only ONE single offer because TUYO is either stupid or they know more information about the policies than is currently there for inspection, the files that I personally saw as a “potential bidder”.

IF they wanted to solicit more bidders like myself they needed to do the following:

1). The trustee gets “ownership” of the policies, they only had ONE transferred as of last week.

2). Once ownership is obtained then immediately request “IN FORCE” illustrations

As I told the trustee IF the TIME was extended to bid as a result of the OBJECTIONS filed I would like to see the new information for bidding purposes.

The trustee argument is that premiums have to be made currently so that these 8 remaining policies don’t lapse.

That’s why TUYO made a few payments to keep some going and why the bankruptcy guys think they are the “white knights” saving the day.

My thought would be to have the trustee obtain 1) and 2) above over the next 45-60 days so that a true FMV can be determined and bid on.

During that time, TUYO can continue to make any payments, which we don’t even know about, out of the funds already in the possession of the trustee. $400,000

IF the bid process is over NOW, what is the TUYO going to do right now anyhow as owners?

Pay the premiums.

Thus, I see no reason why the judge shouldn’t extend the process by 45-60 days so that the trustee can properly secure the assets and obtain the necessary info for bidding, while maintaining the current 8 policies.

#30341 2 years ago

Same sort of private staff that let I guy drown in a spit hood from drinking.

Ah, I think I've cracked it:

"Same sort of private staff that let a guy drown in a city pool from drinking."

#30342 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

My first thought was the turntable would rotate 180 degrees, then the flippers would line up like a normal pin. But then the path to the upper PF was pretty much blocked.
Rotated 180 degrees below.
[quoted image]

Barry and I were friends. We spoke of this game several times. The lower playfield was going to somehow rotate, similar to the back box spinner on the original. They were trying to figure out how to make it turn with the harnesses they would need for everything without it all getting tangled or twisted up.

#30343 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

They were trying to figure out how to make it turn with the harnesses they would need for everything without it all getting tangled or twisted up.

This is so Deep Root.

“Hey, who wants to finish up one of these shitty games we are working on and put it up for sale?”

“Nah, that’s what losers do. Instead let’s spend 4 years trying to come up with a giant rotating lower playfield without twisting any wires.

We are geniuses!!!”

#30344 2 years ago

Turner can't just plead the 5th the whole time like Blobert. He has to make his case for transparency to get his prize.

Imagine trying to make money by betting on people dying as soon as possible. What kind of a sick loser does that? Oh right. Bloberta.

Seems like something you do when you're a no talent small time scammer hack. A good layer could get real jobs.

#30345 2 years ago

dinking tonight except for one beer Moosehead Grapefruit radler

What!?

2 pitchers of bud

What!?

What!?

3 miller high life .

What!?

#30346 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Barry and I were friends. We spoke of this game several times. The lower playfield was going to somehow rotate, similar to the back box spinner on the original. They were trying to figure out how to make it turn with the harnesses they would need for everything without it all getting tangled or twisted up.

either the cables are long enough for it to turn 180, then turn back the other direction.. or if it needs to continously spin 360 there are spinning power connectors for such an application. think of those twist connectors people used to put on wall phones so the cord never got twisted.

something like this could easily handle coil power (the 4 conductor could also handle GI lighting). If there was insert lighting I'm sure someone makes more conductors.
https://www.amazon.com/WTXRHW-Electric-Collector-Rotary-Diameter/dp/B09NB4H6KC/ref=asc_df_B08MKVNML5/

#30347 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Sorry if you already specified, but it's been hard to keep up the last 36 hours... what's the time of the hearing on Monday? Might need to do some meeting moving myself.

2:00 PM CST

This was from a March 21 order:

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 4.55.14 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 4.55.14 AM (resized).png

In the past, the link to Judge Parker's WebEx connection has been https://us-courts.webex.com/meet/Parker.

It would be swell if someone would contact the court (as was done last time) to confirm these details in advance.

EDIT: More info from https://www.txwb.uscourts.gov/txwbvirtualhearings

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 5.02.47 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-04-07 at 5.02.47 AM (resized).png

#30348 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

either the cables are long enough for it to turn 180, then turn back the other direction.. or if it needs to continously spin 360 there are spinning power connectors for such an application.

The amount of electrical system noise generated would be notable with slip rings.

I can see it spinning 180 easy enough, constant rotation a different story. Even then, it would be an awkward amount of time wasted with playfield rotation.

#30349 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

either the cables are long enough for it to turn 180, then turn back the other direction.. or if it needs to continously spin 360 there are spinning power connectors for such an application. think of those twist connectors people used to put on wall phones so the cord never got twisted.
something like this could easily handle coil power (the 4 conductor could also handle GI lighting). If there was insert lighting I'm sure someone makes more conductors.
amazon.com link »

I found several of these in a box of junk parts from JPOP and Barry’s trash pile. LOL

#30350 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The amount of electrical system noise generated would be notable with slip rings.
I can see it spinning 180 easy enough, constant rotation a different story. Even then, it would be an awkward amount of time wasted with playfield rotation.

And if they did have continuous rotation, they'd probably just realize it isn't fun to make it do that or very interesting.

Also why did they not just buy a Batman 66 and copy Stern's turntable then scale up? That turntable works and is reliable which my location game with nearly 20k plays can attest to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 607 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/607?hl=jstoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.