Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 672.
#29951 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Were those i3 processors on this same rack? https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115596099/contents-of-pallet-racks/?q=&ipp=100&ref=catalog
Because the same non-pinball guy that bought all the speakers and some other random stuff got this. The boxes on the lower rack were FULL of complete pop bumper assemblies. The middle rack? Drop target assemblies, slingshot assemblies, etc. If they'd have taken a picture of what was in those boxes.

#29952 2 years ago

I took a few more pictures but not sure if anyone else is interested in them?

PXL_20220323_203053286 (resized).jpgPXL_20220323_203053286 (resized).jpg
#29953 2 years ago

I think 350 went for like $12k. Wasn’t it PBL Terry that bought them?

#29954 2 years ago

Here’s a small WTF: It appears that someone was using a giant router bit to make plywood gussets that were used to brace the cabinet. Seems like a highly inefficient operation.

9EEE6D62-307B-4F9C-97AA-6785117255C5 (resized).jpeg9EEE6D62-307B-4F9C-97AA-6785117255C5 (resized).jpegC6407DDE-EDD9-40DB-89BF-9356CE187C1E (resized).jpegC6407DDE-EDD9-40DB-89BF-9356CE187C1E (resized).jpeg
#29955 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

I think 350 went for like $12k. Wasn’t it PBL Terry that bought them?

No the $12k lot was 354: https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115596103/contents-of-pallet-racks/?cpage=4&ipp=100&q=&ref=catalog

Where you could actually see all the parts! 350 had probably an equal amount of value but completely hidden.

#29956 2 years ago

If it's any solace to Terry on this random reseller getting all these parts, the idiots got them listed on eBay for more than PBL charges.

#29957 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They don’t give a shit. Mueller does though. He hates reading this and you know he does

Speaking of "they," have you talked to Pulman about TurnerLogic any more? You mentioned you would be helping Pulman with the due diligence (15 boxes of paperwork) early this week. Haven't heard anything yet-- Care to share any details?

Yes, I'm still beating this drum...

#29958 2 years ago

The boxes on the lower rack were full of complete pop bumper assemblies. The middle rack? Drop target assemblies, slingshot assemblies, etc. If only they'd have taken a picture of what was in those boxes.

The $12K lot was 354 where you could actually see all the parts.
Lot 350 had probably an equal amount of value but was completely hidden.

Sounds like the STORAGE WARS guys should have been bidding on those blind lots.

#29959 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Speaking of "they," have you talked to Pulman about TurnerLogic any more? You mentioned you would be helping Pulman with the due diligence (15 boxes of paperwork) early this week. Haven't heard anything yet-- Care to share any details?
Yes, I'm still beating this drum...

I can share details once the bid process is closed on Monday.

#29960 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

By the way, details of the pinpod(tm) pinball internal restraint system from the auction:
[quoted image]

O.K. all I could think was put a raw egg in the middle and throw the contraption off a tall building
and see what, if anything, survives.

#29961 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.09.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.09.05 PM (resized).png
This was the only Yukon Yeti mockup I saw for anyone interested in that "Whitewater sequel". The stairs are a ball stepper. My brother got a wooden mockup of the mech in a separate lot.

Not sure what the playfield next to it was. Or who got this lot.
Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.13.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.13.39 PM (resized).png

#29962 2 years ago

[quoted image]
This was the only Yukon Yeti mockup I saw for anyone interested in that "Whitewater sequel". The stairs are a ball stepper. My brother got a wooden mockup of the mech in a separate lot.
Not sure what the playfield next to it was. Or who got this lot.
[quoted image]

What is a "ball stepper?" An escalator mech that was slowly going to bring the ball up every time you shoot it?

#29963 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What is a "ball stepper?" An escalator mech that was slowly going to bring the ball up every time you shoot it?

Yep, that’s what it looks like!

That wouldn’t have been annoying … waiting half an hour for your ball to climb up ...

rd

#29964 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, that’s what it looks like!
That wouldn’t have been annoying ….
rd

I’m guessing RMule demanded an “innovative mech” in every game so this is what they came up with.

#29965 2 years ago

I dug back through the auction listings and FIRE & BRIMSTONE wasn't anywhere in there that I could find. I think that unmarked whitewood I posted above is a version of it. It was in JPOP & Barry's shared office.

https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/114827806/three-office-desk-and-contents?ipp=100

0F3AD321-2E00-4CC2-B82D-D15D5C641FD1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg0F3AD321-2E00-4CC2-B82D-D15D5C641FD1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6AB40220-AD67-446A-88A1-66D0869F0DF1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6AB40220-AD67-446A-88A1-66D0869F0DF1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#29966 2 years ago

I dug back through the auction listings and FIRE & BRIMSTONE wasn't anywhere in there that I could find. I think that unmarked whitewood I posted above is a version of it. It was in JPOP & Barry's shared office.
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/114827806/three-office-desk-and-contents?ipp=100
[quoted image][quoted image]

That must have been the fire and brimstone or bible adventures mock-up.

If you wish to relive 30 min of Robert spouting off about pinball and deeproot blowing smoke at expo(?) give these a listen (think they are public). 21 pinball titles under development. Hundreds of nonexistent problems solved. Misdirection about sources of funding. Mind blown again! It is jarring to hear the story from 5 years ago.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deep-thoughts-by-deeproot-part-1/id1531580706?i=1000530164152

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deep-thoughts-by-deeproot-part-2/id1531580706?i=1000530260499

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/deep-thoughts-by-deeproot-part-3/id1531580706?i=1000530994309

#29967 2 years ago

I fucking love everything about Fire and Brimestone…. That it exists in that state with those ideas. My day is made.

Thank you for a non potato photo.

#29968 2 years ago

I’m bummed I didn’t realize it wasn’t in any of the lots. The cab looked to be a painted over WPC cabinet. I could’ve used that to replace a water damaged WPC project!

#29969 2 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s what it was. There was a depiction of the title I saw somewhere in there

#29970 2 years ago

Fire and Brimstone looks like a Jpooper game.

#29971 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Looks like a spelling bee with all those shot ladders…

#29972 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I stand corrected on the drunk posting. There were numerous references to others drunk posting on this thread. So many people were put under JPOP's spell. Luckily for the community, most people were able to break the spell pretty quickly.

Confessions of a RAZAholic. I'll start.

I was a normal pinball enthusiast. Then, I missed out on Big Bang Bar by the hair of a tube dancer.

I got in on a WOZ Emerald City LE at the $6,500 preorder price.

I sent thousands of dollars to a perennial foam core noodler with a penchant for purple ramps that lead nowhere and obstructed target vectors in a lightening bolt clad cabinet adorned by intoxicating art he created by deft but inaccurate implication.

I was a RAZAholic.

Bought a Kingpin remake translite to secure a spot for a nonexistent game.

Preorder sobriety since then. It's a daily struggle. One day at a time.

I

#29973 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Confessions of a RAZAholic. I'll start.

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Plenty of others haven’t got that far yet.

rd

#29974 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

what was your first clue? The lightning bolt inserts, the stolen Comet pinball spiral ramp, or the very high contrast black and white insert art?

#29975 2 years ago

anyone see my water bottles lot 24?

#29976 2 years ago

Loving the photo galleries from deeproot HQ, particularly the closer-up shots from Fire and Brimstone. Don't forget, that was one of the titles with a MUELLER design credit!

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 11.01.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 11.01.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 11.01.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-31 at 11.01.34 PM.png
#29977 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

what was your first clue? The lightning bolt inserts, the stolen Comet pinball spiral ramp, or the very high contrast black and white insert art?

You're forgetting the "Lion's Den" that Daniel gets thrown into, in the same place as the Tiger Ring on CV.

Christ, John is a hack.

#29978 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Loving the photo galleries from deeproot HQ, particularly the closer-up shots from Fire and Brimstone. Don't forget, that was one of the titles with a MUELLER design credit![quoted image][quoted image]

V12 of the layout lol

#29979 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You're forgetting the "Lion's Den" that Daniel gets thrown into, in the same place as the Tiger Ring on CV.
Christ, John is a hack.

In all fairness, features get recycled all the time. If done well, no harm done.

I often joke that there is rarely anything new in pinball but new combos of old designs.

Jurassic Park Homepin recycles the ramp jump from Robocop (including the crash sound effect!) and Joe K freely admitted that he liked the Robocop layout so much that it got recycled into Checkpoint.

#29980 2 years ago

So I found out the stupid Fire & Brimstone cabinet got tossed into Lot 47, which my brother purchased after the bidder backed out (against my recommendation, for the record!)

Someone appears to have robbed the playfield mock-up and the actual valuable parts that were inside the cabinet. The auction guy admitted he changed the listing and neglected to inform my brother. What an absolute and apropos for deeproot shit show LOL. I could still use that cabinet but do I really drive to San Antonio for a stripped lower cab?

#29981 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Looks like a spelling bee with all those shot ladders…

Except they spelled 'PHARAOH' wrong!

#29982 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Hey, it was only v12!

#29983 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

They spell it wrong twice in fact. You know it would have made it all the way through the design process without anyone noticing. Hell the sheet says its their 12 iteration on the layout.

Someone sent me a message pointing out the ARK letters should be arranged in an arc shape, which sure. I'm assuming load balls into the physical ball lock ark (lock two of every animal)

I'm guessing the pyramid mystery lock would have been some sort of pop up scoop like TOM?

The Tower of Babel pinbot ramp is a cute idea

Looks like maybe one of those "magic" pop bumpers like Magic Girl by the shooter lane (ie a magnet and an opto)

Job looks like the Dracula mech from MB. Hit Job around because god feels like gambling with the devil (Job is a super messed up story the more you think about it)

I'm trying to read all the inserts and figure out their placement. It looks like someone tried to put them in chronological order of the bible, but also didn't know it. It starts with Adam and Eve, then Noah, then Abraham, then jumps hundreds of years to Jonah, then jumps back to Ruth (deep cut) surrounded by Samson and someone else I'm not sure, then Daniel. Above that is David, Moses, and Pharaoh. Again, someone needs to brush up on their biblical history and the significance of who these people are.

It's such a bonkers theme and the direction of the tone seems very off putting. How many people did they think would walk up to this and say "Shit yeah, I can't wait to play Ruth's mixed marriage multiball! I'm going to get the Boaz jackpot and give birth to King David's grandfather!"

#29984 2 years ago

Fire and Brimstone in four words: 'you had one Job'.

#29985 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Can't be. It's got straight lines on it.

#29986 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

A window into MUELLER'S design philosophy?

#29987 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

None of the inserts have small rotations or bits of asymmetry, which is a subtle detail on a lot of JPop games

#29988 2 years ago

Mueller was proud that it was "his" design but it makes sense that he's most influenced by jpop games.

#29989 2 years ago

Lightning bolts! Curvy lines! Ramps to nowhere! It's all there and more!

#29990 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm assuming load balls into the physical ball lock ark (lock two of every animal)

How ironic that if most of the mechs in this game were recycled, the ark might have been "original" but ultimately appeared on Valhalla first.

That pop nest seems awful though. How would you get in, or out? Seems like there's one shot in, beneath the ark - which also doubles as the exit. I get the concept as a "Lion's Den" of sorts but it doesn't seem like it would be fun or worthwhile.

#29991 2 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

How ironic that if most of the mechs in this game were recycled, the ark might have been "original" but ultimately appeared on Valhalla first.
That pop nest seems awful though. How would you get in, or out? Seems like there's one shot in, beneath the ark - which also doubles as the exit. I get the concept as a "Lion's Den" of sorts but it doesn't seem like it would be fun or worthwhile.

It looks like there is a drop hole in the plastic cover over the pops so perhaps something else is missing.

#29992 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's such a bonkers theme and the direction of the tone seems very off putting. How many people did they think would walk up to this and say "Shit yeah, I can't wait to play Ruth's mixed marriage multiball! I'm going to get the Boaz jackpot and give birth to King David's grandfather!"

The number of people who are that well versed in Bible study is surprising small.

Legion was an enjoyable movie and would make a great pin. More has been made with less.

#29993 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The number of people who are that well versed in Bible study is surprising small.

Admittedly I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school from preschool through college. We took a fairly academic approach to the bible as an important historical book of an oral tradition rather than focusing on it as a holy book. My high school old testament teacher loved discussing the random sexy and bloody stories sprinkled through the old testament.

A personal favorite is a story of the Prophet Elisha. He was walking somewhere when some kids made fun of him for being bald, so he cursed them and then two she bears appeared and mauled forty two children. It could be made into a great match screen...

#29994 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Admittedly I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school from preschool through college. We took a fairly academic approach to the bible as an important historical book of an oral tradition rather than focusing on it as a holy book.

I was walking through work one day and an older women (co-worker) in front of me airily stated "What would Jesus Do!" and I replied.

"Fashioning a whip and clearing the moneylenders out of the temple not out of the realm of possibility."

She was astounded; years of attending Catholic Church and not once had that section of the Bible been discussed.
Jesus-Cleanses-the-Temple-featured (resized).jpgJesus-Cleanses-the-Temple-featured (resized).jpg

#29995 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That thing is HUGE.
Just ridiculous. Wont fit through a standard-size front door.

Also seems with those rigid restraints with no give, depending how it got hit, if you crush the outside crate whatever is in there will just get crushed!
Edit: Oh never mind I see this was already pointed out a couple times! My bad!

#29996 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It looks like someone tried to put them in chronological order of the bible, but also didn't know it. It starts with Adam and Eve, then Noah, then Abraham, then jumps hundreds of years to Jonah, then jumps back to Ruth (deep cut) surrounded by Samson and someone else I'm not sure, then Daniel. Above that is David, Moses, and Pharaoh. Again, someone needs to brush up on their biblical history and the significance of who these people are.

TreyBo69 I am ROLLING!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

"Shit yeah, I can't wait to play Ruth's mixed marriage multiball!

!!!!!!!

You are a treasure! I don't know if I'm ever going to stop laughing!

Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm so happy that the knowledge I am cursed to bear due to my batshit private christian school upbringing and my pinball mania have coincided today! Day absolutely made!

Quoted from TreyBo69:

A personal favorite is the story of the Prophet Elisha. He was walking somewhere when some kids made fun of him for being bald, so he cursed them and then two she bears appeared and mauled forty two children. It could be made into a great match screen...

A curse upon Jpop and RoMu for failing to think of this! And for the obvious failure to include my girl Jael, obviously. How anyone could make an Old Testament pin without a Jael mini-wizard mode culminating in popping that tent spike through King Jabin's head is beyond me! Smh

#29997 2 years ago

I still don't get why they wanted to put Ruth into the game.

I wonder if they mixed her up for Deborah, the only female judge and prophet who did a whole bunch of genociding on the non-Hebrews

Maybe Esther, a Hebrew woman born in Persia who became queen and tricked the Persian king from doing some genocide on the Hebrews

Maybe Eglon, the female spy who stabbed a foreign king that was so fat she couldn't pull the dagger back out of his blob and his servants let him die not realizing he had a knife in his gut.

There are Samson modes. Surely Delilah is the baddie in that mode?

What about a Jezebel side character that keeps trying to lead you away from God?

#29998 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I still don't get why they wanted to put Ruth into the game.

This is so true, Ruth is way too passive. Esther or Deborah have a lot more action in their stories.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Deborah, the only female judge and prophet who did a whole bunch of genociding on the non-Hebrews
Maybe Esther, a Hebrew woman born in Persia who became queen and tricked the Persian king from doing some genocide on the Hebrews

I think you're on to something with the genocide/genocide-prevention modes. So much family fun to mine there!

What about a Shibboleth mode where a repeatable shot executes Ephraimites. Each time you make the shot a callout says "Sibboleth" followed by a slashing sound and the Wilhelm scream. Repeatable up to 42,000 times.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

There are Samson modes. Surely Delilah is the baddie in that mode?
What about a Jezebel side character that keeps trying to lead you away from God?

With Delilah and Jezebel in there representing the evils of feminine wiles, you know we gotta balance it out with Rahab, the og hooker with a heart of gold <3

#29999 2 years ago

My Bible Adventures (which I guess I can make now?) the "dumb dumb" easy shot was going to advance the Plagues of Egypt. 10 plagues, 10 shots to start Exodus. None of this "spelling Pharaoh" nonsense (that's so Jpop)

After the 9th shot all other shots light for Blood of the Lamb. Make the shots and that area turns red, to symbolize marking your home so the Angel of Death passes you by (the 'passover') This advances your bonus for the Red Sea multiball.

10th shot "PHARAOH OF EGYPT... LET MY PEOPLE GO!" and the Red Sea mech splits open for MB.

Then followed by collecting the 10 Commandments, which is then followed by 40 years in the desert.

Samson and Delilah was advanced by the pops. Every X number of pops Samson lies about the source of his strength. Once Y pops obtained Delilah raises the sheers and MB is lit. I wanted a Samson toy chained to two pillars, you make the shots and he rocks them back and forth to bring down the temple.

Rear orbit was gonna be The Walls of Jericho. When lit, 7 shots brings down the wall. Everything in the Bible is numbered, this isn't rocket science! (unless you're Robert)

Noah's ark, once qualified there's a hurry up. Hit lit targets twice each to collect animals, the more the better. When that hurry up times out a 40 second (40 day) MB begins. Use RGB LEDs to make parts of the playfield 'leak" blue water, make those shots to repair ship.

Basically I was gonna go for "God of War meets Cecile B deMille and Michael Bay" No faith, no God, just ACTION!

#30000 2 years ago

Please do not reach out for help on a bible game. To hard to keep up on game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 600 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/600 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.