• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 669.
#251 6 years ago

Many thanks in the name of pinball for deeproots efforts. Picking JPop as designer is not the easy but the king´s route because JPop is magic. I applaude every published business decision deeproot made because deeproot not only showed their business experience but also their brilliant analysis of the market. Plus they seem to have enough capital. That has the potential to bring down Stern. Stern lost the right to sell the most pins a few years ago but noone was able to take their crown yet. I believe deeproot can!

It would be a dream come true if deeproot would finish/build MG and/or other Jpop pins. I would buy a top quality new JPop pin immediatly.

That is from a mail from me to deeproot two days ago (before todays reveals especially the Nordman and Thiel signing) RM replied to a few hours later not because of asskissing but a bright light out a sea of hate and destruction.

I can understand the emotions seeing Jpop still doing pinball but the main conclusion he is a poor designer is hilarious. Yes maybe he is not capable of finishing something maybe he does not have the discipline and has a childish mind not being able for business. But he is the greatest pinball visionairy of all time. He produces genius pinball gaze noone else can produce and maybe others have to catch and form that like someone above said (I believe deeproot is able of carving out only the positives of JPop for the machines). MG, RAZA and AIW were fantastic (unlicensed!) dreams he sold for big money. Every buyer bought a dream that is worth money. For years buyers were able to dream of MG, RAZA and/or AIW and these dreams (without drugs) produced endorphines and were a tool to drop out of reality. I know what I am talking about I paid Alien le full 2016 with no machine yet not stepping back an inch and the dream world it created for me is worth about a third I have paid and I would love to pump a k or two into a new deeproot JPop game right now just to be part of the ride until release. It is about this (realtalk now): If you invest in pinball and feel pain in your body when you lose or worse get financial problems call your mother immediatly for help and education with your finances! Blaming deeproot for that is something only...(what I wrote in this line in my last post in the Alien thread got punished severely so here I mean something completely different) do.

Tl;dnr: be happy deeproot is there, JPop pins are dark magic that will succeed and now they have also Nordman

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Then take it up with Jeff Johnson.
ToM has a great layout, buttery-smooth flow, great toys and features, and is gorgeous.
I hope to own one someday, even with subpar software.

I was responding to the guy who was listing it as a well coded jpop game. it can still be a fun game but its not a great rule sheet by a long shot.

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

I applaude every published business decision deeproot made because deeproot not only showed their business experience but also their brilliant analysis of the market.

bravo (resized).jpgbravo (resized).jpg

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

That has the potential to bring down Stern. Stern lost the right to sell the most pins a few years ago but noone was able to take their crown yet. I believe deeproot can!

This doesn't seem like it would be good for pinball. Competition is one thing, but I would hate to see Stern fail.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

Many thanks in the name of pinball for deeproots efforts. Picking JPop as designer is not the easy but the king´s route because JPop is magic. I applaude every published business decision deeproot made because....

Did crack just get legalized in Germany or something?

#256 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

genius pinball gaze noone

el-enrique-octavo-de-hermans-her (resized).jpgel-enrique-octavo-de-hermans-her (resized).jpg

#257 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, he's all Texas now. So that part at least scans.
I honestly didn't read the interview, glanced at it and just couldn't work myself up to care. It looks like really great work! Solid reporting, really a service, I just can't spare the emotional energy for this shit any more.
But for the sake of my friend David Thiel, who's work I respect immensely, and the same for my not-friend-but-I-sure-like-him Dennis Nordman who's a pinball god, I guess I wish them the best. The Jpop shit leaves a terrible taste in my mouth, but I'll let the people who lost money to that clown judge what happens.

That was a short lived return for Barry, then.

I certainly hope he, Nordman and others were paid up front or are receiving significant monthly / weekly salary. If there's any hint of offset payment or share options / sales commission forming a large portion of the remuneration, they should be running a mile.

Staggered that Nordman would go in on this, given his statement of conscience on HW & Andrew on his departure, and how eerily prescient it was, and how bad this looks and sounds.

Also, I really can't see him abandoning Elvira and his *new* company (making the pitch and bat) in order to be exclusive .... or maybe this really is a huge pay day?

Quoted from Richthofen:

From the TWIP link:
> Silicon-Valley-esque industrial building
When I read stuff like that, I have no hope in this project. There's nothing about an industrial building that makes it Silicon-Valley-esque. IMHO that's just bandwagon talk, aka "look we are a solid company because silicon valley!"

"Trade secret development" ... "Silicon Valley-esque" .... "heavy manufacturing of raw materials" ... "quad assembly[what?]" .... "no production line"

Talk of cutting edge technology and innovation, lower cost, higher quality, less maintenance, dramatically simplified production methods, no prototype / test machines, incumbent competition not being able to compete, a 40,000ft2 facility.

Where have I have heard all this before? The only thing that's missing is a claim that they'll be capable of producing more than 10,000 machines in their first year of production.

Or maybe we're all just too cynical, given the past few years of pinball history, and the sky really is the limit here? Not an outcome I'd put money on, though.

#258 6 years ago

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

LOFL!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, rolling over here

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Glad you dropped in. If Dennis is working on Elvira 3 for Stern, how is he exclusive to deeproot? That part was pretty confusing...

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

you can thank me for Elvira 3.

you-just-made-my-day (resized).jpgyou-just-made-my-day (resized).jpg

#262 6 years ago

Wow this guy tho. mind blown.
i can feel his ego popping thru my screen

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

One would think you'd know if you really have poached Dennis and have him working for you exclusively.

Is that what the play is here? Get Stern to relinquish it and that be the big seller?

Not sure ( . )( . ) will go over well with church groups and christian youth organisations who would presumably be the mainstay for your bible title's market.

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure ( . )( . ) will go over well with church groups and christian youth organisations who would presumably be the mainstay for your bible title's market.

Dunno, that Jezebel chick is supposed to be pretty hot, and they could go all Passion of the Christ on it and make it more gory than anything on TV. Sex and Violence covered. I think they could get to parity with Elvira 3 for the evangelical transition.

#265 6 years ago

I love TWIP for this article.
There is so much content in there.

Any Arrested Development fans out there? I couldn't help but to think of this when I was reading.

Obviously with all of those hires they are pretty serious about it all. I guess if American pinball can do it, then there is nothing stopping Deeproot as well. Not sure if the pinball industry is the type of industry that you came in and 'crush' your competitors. I think the buying community runs off confidence, and by mid 2019 I think there will be less than there is now.

eipugIu (resized).jpgeipugIu (resized).jpg

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015

Because nobody else had ever thought of making another Elvira pin between 1996 and 2015?

Probably not. It’d take a genius to work that out.

rd

#267 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Because nobody else had ever thought of making another Elvira pin between 1996 and 2015?

IKR. It must've been the wind blowing and not words coming out of Dennis' mouth way back in 2011.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

IKR. It must've been the wind blowing and not words coming out of Dennis' mouth way back in 2011.

And probably well before that ...

rd

#269 6 years ago

man the level of ego from this guy is incredible, he must be floating above everybody else.

no prototype/test machine, yep should work fine on first try . you'd better deliver and have something really special, a bible theme is not one of them, i don't care how well it's made... i'm out.

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

But he is the greatest pinball visionairy of all time. He produces genius pinball gaze noone else can produce and maybe others have to catch and form that like someone above said (I believe deeproot is able of carving out only the positives of JPop for the machines). MG, RAZA and AIW were fantastic (unlicensed!) dreams he sold for big money. Every buyer bought a dream that is worth money. For years buyers were able to dream of MG, RAZA and/or AIW and these dreams (without drugs) produced endorphines and were a tool to drop out of reality.

AZrOkNgQEGcaetoliERQ_Confused Californians (resized).pngAZrOkNgQEGcaetoliERQ_Confused Californians (resized).png

#271 6 years ago

But guys... Hold on...
All will be revealed during the FIVE days... Yes FIVE days as in 120 hours... At an undisclosed time...

Wait

WTF does one company need 5 days to talk about their company... Apple? Nope, Google? Nope...deeproot???

How long is CES?? Lol

#272 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

a bible theme...i don't care how well it's made... i'm out.

I'm fairly relaxed at a public arcade or tournament, but in my gameroom at home I can get pretty vocal. Would be sort of comical throwing out a few F bombs trying to get Jesus multiball going.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Sounds good to me. It might be a great substitute for my vapor RAZA.

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Hope long is CES?? Lol

Less than 5 days!

#275 6 years ago

I was skeptical until I realized deep root
Was the brains behind Elvira 3. Impressive.

#276 6 years ago

Well this is the last deep root post we’ll see around here for a while. The tax dodge is in full effect!!

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Wow this guy tho. mind blown.
i can feel his ego popping thru my screen

That’s, uh, not his ego ...

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I beat Kevin Kulek in a tourny on TOM.
Sorry i just thought Kevin deserved to be in this thread.

Well played!

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I beat Kevin Kulek in a tourny on TOM.
Sorry i just thought Kevin deserved to be in this thread.

VonnieD

There... /thread

#280 6 years ago

Germany? Whatarrrrrrruuuuuudoinnnn ere?

#281 6 years ago

I really believe The Bible has to be 1 of the best pinball themed ideas ever ! There are so many stories and art ideas you could do.

If I designed the game... most would have the backglass translate looks like stained glass but make 10 machines very detailed and have actual REAL stained glass used for backglass.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

VonnieD
There... /thread

Cue the puppets, slow fade on pinball wizard audio star wipe and scene.

#283 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Hilton.
to help humor your insatiable appetite to know who people are,
let me help you by eliminating four of the staff members for you.

Who is the one blurred out at the computer in the back?

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Well this is the last deep root post we’ll see around here for a while. The tax dodge is in full effect!!

What a tragedy that would be, if true.

Even if Dennis, Barry et al are getting handsomely paid, they're not getting any younger, and if they're going to stay in the industry, it'd be great if they could pass on some of their considerable knowledge and experience to the next generations, rather than pouring it into a pit of an elaborate financial instrument.

#285 6 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

I really believe The Bible has to be 1 of the best pinball themed ideas ever !

Shame they won't ever be able to pimp it on this website as they have already stated in the interview it is a religious theme.

Maybe they can try to sell it on vatican.com instead.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did crack just get legalized in Germany or something?

B3525E89-0C71-4704-931F-2A24BD07C218 (resized).jpegB3525E89-0C71-4704-931F-2A24BD07C218 (resized).jpeg

#287 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Would be sort of comical throwing out a few F bombs trying to get Jesus multiball going.

When you lock the last ball do you have to wait three days for multiball to start?

#288 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That was a short lived return for Barry, then.

Yeah, that's the most depressing news IMO - not talking about Deeproot. Sorry for the off-topic rant but I can't comment on them now or I will have to moderate and thread eject myself on the spot
How about Heighway Pinball? Will we ever see HP pinball game #3? Who's left there as a pinball designer? Was Barry ever paid?

#289 6 years ago

So if deeproot is so hyped up about pinball, and they've gotten Oursler, Nordman, Theil and Morris... What the fuck do they need JPop for??? They certainly didn't get those guys because of JPop's involvement. Why put up with the JPop shitshow backstory? Take your 4 talented guys, make a game and present it with the hype, enthusiasm (and ego) that you have now and avoid all the crap... If this company came out with these 4 guys and said "here's what we're going to do" and JPop's name was never attached to it, they'd have gotten a much better reception from the community.

American Pinball has done a fantastic job putting Jpop and the stigma that goes with him behind them. Deeproot would be wise to do the same... But they're in too deep now.

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

How about Heighway Pinball?
Will we ever see HP pinball game #3?
Who's left there as a pinball designer?

sanders01.jpgsanders01.jpg

#291 6 years ago

So glad I am going to the Texas Pinball Show. I have plenty of questions for Deeproot at the seminar. As I don't know of any other industry as bizarre as this. And yes, I'm sure lots of churches and religious groups can't wait to buy Bible pinball from Deeproot.

Deeproot - a new level of marketing for no market.

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from knobstone:

So glad I am going to the Texas Pinball Show. I have plenty of questions for Deeproot at the seminar. As I don't know of any other industry as bizarre as this. And yes, I'm sure lots of churches and religious groups can't wait to buy Bible pinball from Deeproot.
Deeproot - a new level of marketing for no market.

If you've read the Old Testament in the bible it's a pretty colorful
story,could be cool with a little humor for levity.

#293 6 years ago

Why does a company that can't manufacture games yet need 3 pinball designers? This whole thing is stranger then the "thank me for Elvira 3" nonsense.

#294 6 years ago

Because their system maybe like a Nintendo switch - play different games on same unit.

And reading the interview, maybe choosing your own rules.

#295 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What a tragedy that would be, if true.
Even if Dennis, Barry et al are getting handsomely paid, they're not getting any younger, and if they're going to stay in the industry, it'd be great if they could pass on some of their considerable knowledge and experience to the next generations, rather than pouring it into a pit of an elaborate financial instrument.

Is there ANY reason to actually believe any of these guys have signed on a deal with an exclusive to deeproot?

If anything the deeproot marketing scheme seems to currently be all about disruption and ego, and nothing else. I am not sure why anyone currently believes a word they are saying?

That staged/sniped picture (and the way that Dennis, and Barry appear to not even want to be in the picture) makes me thing this was all part of the ploy. Deeproot possibly brought them in for a few days to try and negotiate a deal and then took this single sloppy picture to try and bolster up a perceived foundation of exclusive talent. If you really had signed an exclusive for these big deal industry guys, wouldn't you at least get a few real photos of them actually posed together in front of your amazing new building? They of course are not going to come out and say anything if they are currently on a retainer and a deal is still being inked, so perfect timing to dump a crappy staged photo from the original meeting on the web.

The deeproot model of disruption seems to be all big claims and ideas...

1. I am going to build a Bible theme pinball (it his my idea anyway, not Ben Hecks whom has been working on putting this together for a few years)
2. I actually am a game designer along with being a lawyer
3. I came up with the idea for Elvira 3! (lol)
4. Look, I sniped david, dennis, barry, and dennis. Look at me, look at me!
5. How many lawsuits should I file (guessing Jpop was brought on just for the patents and so more lawsuits can be started?)
6. We are going to build a houdini game also... The 'real' Houdini game as intended by Jpop (side bar, did anyone remember how crappy that thing was when it showed up at expo, lol)

It has taken this 'company' 3 years to get to this stage...

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why does a company that can't manufacture games yet need 3 pinball designers? This whole thing is stranger then the "thank me for Elvira 3" nonsense.

3?
I counted 4.
As many as stern

#297 6 years ago

Talk is cheap. Where is the official press release?
Show me the games! 2 or 3 years away?

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there ANY reason to actually believe any of these guys have signed on a deal with an exclusive to deeproot?
If anything the deeproot marketing scheme seems to currently be all about disruption and ego, and nothing else. I am not sure why anyone currently believes a word they are saying?
That staged/sniped picture (and the way that Dennis, and Barry appear to not even want to be in the picture) makes me thing this was all part of the ploy. Deeproot possibly brought them in for a few days to try and negotiate a deal and then took this single sloppy picture to try and bolster up a perceived foundation of exclusive talent. If you really had signed an exclusive for these big deal industry guys, wouldn't you at least get a few real photos of them actually posed together in front of your amazing new building? They of course are not going to come out and say anything if they are currently on a retainer and a deal is still being inked, so perfect timing to dump a crappy staged photo from the original meeting on the web.
The deeproot model of disruption seems to be all big claims and ideas...
1. I am going to build a Bible theme pinball (it his my idea anyway, not Ben Hecks whom has been working on putting this together for a few years)
2. I actually am a game designer along with being a lawyer
3. I came up with the idea for Elvira 3! (lol)
4. Look, I sniped david, dennis, barry, and dennis. Look at me, look at me!
5. How many lawsuits should I file (guessing Jpop was brought on just for the patents and so more lawsuits can be started?)
6. We are going to build a houdini game also... The 'real' Houdini game as intended by Jpop (side bar, did anyone remember how crappy that thing was when it showed up at expo, lol)
It has taken this 'company' 3 years to get to this stage...

Well if they haven't signed an exclusive deal I'm pretty sure they would be disputing it after all of these announcements.

Time will tell what becomes of this. Maybe another pinball option, maybe nothing. It's definitely off to a strange start but American Pinball had a rough start and still found a way to pull through and is just starting to ship games. So anything is possible, even if it's unlikely.

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Well if they haven't signed an exclusive deal I'm pretty sure they would be disputing it after all of these announcements.

Unless they're still busy working out a deal, then you don't talk in hope of getting hired and getting paid. No reason for the designers to make public statements and don't get hired anymore.

And about their quad thing assembly - maybe their plan is to hire Ben Heck who'll assemble the game at your home for $1000.

#300 6 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Unless they're still busy working out a deal, then you don't talk in hope of getting hired and getting paid. No reason for the designers to make public statements and don't get hired anymore.
And about their quad thing assembly - maybe their plan is to hire Ben Heck who'll assemble the game at your home for $1000.

The reverse is true also though. If you are trying to lock up a big name designer you do you post contractual information that isn't finalized.

I'm only paying $1000 if JPOP and Ben come assemble my game. That video of Ben's face when he said that was priceless. I need to dig that up and watch it again lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.