View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 597 of 672.
#29801 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hopefully at least one of these parties are real.

Both are real, same with others around the world. I also talk with USA vendors about parts production that needs to be looked at for new builds. I will be at Pintastic Show with a booth in June, stop by & see me in person. Talk pinball, I am not like Mirco & his crazy antics over the years. The hundreds of new playfields & backglass production I did over many years I took care of my customers if there was a problem with the contracted manufacturing of the parts. Most people know I went broke with my business, going through personal bankruptcy, & living on my meager $23k US pension for my wife & myself. Still love pinball, playing it, servicing them, & going into new builds either classic or brand new.

Anyone who got Deeproot parts & looking to do something can reach out to me for advice. Or get help in finishing them off if possible. Who holds the legal IP rights at this time is the big question.

#29802 2 years ago

Start a podcast already.

#29803 2 years ago

Still no invoice or contact from the auction house after phone and email messages sent. Weird.

#29804 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Still no invoice or contact from the auction house after phone and email messages sent. Weird.

Did you call them today? I'm actually about to call myself (thanks for reminding me).

edit: WTF.. I just tried calling twice and just get a busy signal.. Do they really not have call waiting or a phone queue?

#29805 2 years ago

Can't even get a deathrattle right.

#29806 2 years ago

Did Turner Logic scrub the answering machine shitware?

#29807 2 years ago

Guys can you believe deal flippers these days?! Already up on eBay! ebay.com link: itm

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.41.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.41.48 PM (resized).png

#29808 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Guys can you believe deal flippers these days?! Already up on eBay! ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image]

someone want to school them that I can get a brand new coil with a return policy from pinball life for $12?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-26-1200-coil.html

#29809 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

someone want to school them that I can get a brand new coil with a return policy from pinball life for $12?
https://www.pinballlife.com/spooky-pinball-26-1200-coil.html

Someone in another thread wanted to pay $145 for a shaker motor on Amazon, event though they are $100 on PBL. Not everyone knows or cares much about pricing.

#29810 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

[quoted image]

Honestly, I think most people were thinking about flipping the stuff they didn't want.

#29811 2 years ago

I got a call from the auction house earlier today about lot 47. It sounded like the high bidder didn't want it, so they were going down the list of underbidders.

#29812 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Honestly, I think most people were thinking about flipping the stuff they didn't want.

I was just joking

Looking at the other listings, I don’t immediately get the sense this seller is a pinhead but someone that resells stuff on eBay from auctions and storage sheds and stuff. The Deeproot subwoofer lot was only subwoofers, not a variety lot.

#29813 2 years ago

Robert’s first line of defense.

250784C1-C64A-4F2F-99A1-24B213F89307.jpeg250784C1-C64A-4F2F-99A1-24B213F89307.jpeg

#29814 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I got a call from the auction house earlier today about lot 47. It sounded like the high bidder didn't want it, so they were going down the list of underbidders.

wtf.. i didn't get a call about it.. I was in there till virtually the end.

#29815 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:I got a call from the auction house earlier today about lot 47. It sounded like the high bidder didn't want it, so they were going down the list of underbidders.

Uhhh can you just “unwant” something you bid on?

#29816 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Right?

Maybe deeproots failure permeated the building so hard that it affected the auction house too and they forgot how it is supposed to work.

#29817 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

I once "bought" a RAZA and, a few years later, "unwanted" it. ;>

client_PART_1525469842071_IMG_3101 (resized).jpgclient_PART_1525469842071_IMG_3101 (resized).jpg
#29818 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

How can they do that? People had to submit their credit cards in advance.

#29819 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How can they do that? People had to submit their credit cards in advance.

Who knows. Maybe he said he would reverse the transaction? Or maybe he used an empty visa gift card?

I've had that situation happen to me before--where the high bidder backs out and the auctioneer offers it to underbidders. I guess it's quicker & easier for the auction house to go down the list rather than trying to chase down a non-payer for payment. Then I guess they just ban the non-payer after that.

#29820 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

wtf.. i didn't get a call about it.. I was in there till virtually the end.

Well, maybe try calling the auction house about the lot and ask if it's available?

#29821 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, maybe try calling the auction house about the lot and ask if it's available?

They had already closed by the time I saw the post or I would have

#29822 2 years ago

I think the guy realized that Lot 47 was a load of junk after the fact

I wouldn’t take the back up bid

All of the various pinball lots were basic garbage except for the one with the cleared Raza pfs and a few other items in there. #174

#29823 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Who knows. Maybe he said he would reverse the transaction? Or maybe he used an empty visa gift card?
I've had that situation happen to me before--where the high bidder backs out and the auctioneer offers it to underbidders. I guess it's quicker & easier for the auction house to go down the list rather than trying to chase down a non-payer for payment. Then I guess they just ban the non-payer after that.

Shill bidder was the auction house. The shill drove up your bid, then the auction house cashes you out at a higher price than you would have won it without the shill involved.

That was one of the reasons I quit bidding at Super Auctions in Mesquite. The phantom bidders outnumbered the real bidders sometimes.

#29824 2 years ago

I wonder if those DR subs are actually any good.. no way to tell with no specs on them I guess. Just seemed like RM paid for a lot of other ridiculously nice equipment, maybe these were also good quality?

#29825 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I wonder if those DR subs are actually any good.. no way to tell with no specs on them I guess. Just seemed like RM paid for a lot of other ridiculously nice equipment, maybe these were also good quality?

That would make actual sense.

So no, probably junk.

#29826 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Shill bidder was the auction house. The shill drove up your bid, then the auction house cashes you out at a higher price than you would have won it without the shill involved.
That was one of the reasons I quit bidding at Super Auctions in Mesquite. The phantom bidders outnumbered the real bidders sometimes.

That's a good point. I should've told them I'd take it for half price, lol

#29827 2 years ago

Couple more ebay treasures:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#29828 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

These might be it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/554#post-6680753

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/554#post-6681247

#29829 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

All of the various pinball lots were basic garbage except for the one with the cleared Raza pfs and a few other items in there. #174

Did you happen to catch what 174 went for? It doesn't look like anyone posted the hammer price during the auction.

#29830 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Couple more ebay treasures:[quoted image]

Medium huh

Good luck finding a pinball hobbyist buyer for those

#29831 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Medium huh

LMAO

Bro I bet I can still pull off a medium when I have my summer body going full swing

#29832 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Medium huh

Someone bought the exercise equipment and water bottles so that they can later fit in the shirt they bought.

Hard work is easy!

#29833 2 years ago

Deeproot shirts are one size fits all, apparently.

220ddce69a70ae43bd7bb65ee6202499acda5988 (resized).jpg220ddce69a70ae43bd7bb65ee6202499acda5988 (resized).jpg
#29834 2 years ago

PinBod™

#29835 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I think the difference with deeproot was the “endless money” NOBODY guessed this was a huge retirement/insurance scam. The endless funds really threw us off the trail. We all wanted to believe in a JJP level Angel-investor who doesn’t care about profitability and believed in a “growth company”

Didn't Robert say at one time that it was his own money that he was spending? Or was that just speculation?

#29836 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Didn't Robert say at one time that it was his own money that he was spending?

Yup. It was in response to the questions swirling at the time, and that was his answer, of all things.

#29837 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Even if he told customers “and affiliates”, he has a fiduciary responsibility to his customers.

In his defense, most of the "affiliates" did have the name "Deeproot."

#29838 2 years ago

I got this in the deeproot auction. It would be a lovely addition to a game room (or I think somebody may have mentioned shitter before), but I don’t think I have a proper space in my home. It is very heavy (40 pounds?) and therefore would be expensive to ship, but I figure somebody may be willing. Please PM me if you would be interested in buying it.

It measures 16 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 2.25 inches deep. It’s actually pretty cool.
36B18371-63FB-4269-BC34-84C03FB95ED0 (resized).jpeg36B18371-63FB-4269-BC34-84C03FB95ED0 (resized).jpeg

#29839 2 years ago

Is that like, a hand-painted piece of wall? Fred Sanford might be interested.

#29840 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

It’s carved stone, maybe quartz?

#29841 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

RMule would spend $500K on a piece of heavy machinery, and then have his nephew trace out the logo on the wall instead of paying a few bucks for a proper sign.

Innovative!

And where the hell are those water bottles? What's the hold up?!

#29842 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Didn't Robert say at one time that it was his own money that he was spending? Or was that just speculation?

He said it... but obviously he thought all of the money was his and now he gets to face the SEC for it

#29843 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Quoted from frolic:

Yup. It was in response to the questions swirling at the time, and that was his answer, of all things.

Basically, "What's yours is mine"

#29844 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

I got this in the deeproot auction. It would be a lovely addition to a game room (or I think somebody may have mentioned shitter before), but I don’t think I have a proper space in my home. It is very heavy (40 pounds?) and therefore would be expensive to ship, but I figure somebody may be willing. Please PM me if you would be interested in buying it.
It measures 16 inches wide, 9 inches tall, and 2.25 inches deep. It’s actually pretty cool.
[quoted image]

in another week the landlord will be like "who cut this giant hole in the wall?!"

#29845 2 years ago

I really have to wonder if Bloberts own statements on here as well as his podcast interviews will be used as evidence against him in court some day. That has to be some kind of new Pinside Achievement at least.

#29846 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

in another week the landlord will be like "who cut this giant hole in the wall?!"

Something tells me RM wasn't getting his security deposit back anyway.

#29847 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I really have to wonder if Bloberts own statements on here as well as his podcast interviews will be used as evidence against him in court some day. That has to be some kind of new Pinside Achievement at least.

Has someone made a copy of those statements here just in case? Maybe printed them out?

#29848 2 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Actually you can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. Dennis and I let things go after working with Charlie didn’t work out. Then at TPF 2017 I sat in the back of the room smiling when Cassandra Greg and Dennis announced that it was going to be made in the breakout session. While I don’t know what the current design or status is, if rumors are true that Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

Quoted from deeproot:

Our only response to AP's post is that their statements are not true, they contradict their attorney's private statements, they contradict the contract they voluntarily drafted and entered into with John, and (as to the trademark) appear to contradict federal law. We are proceeding with John's original Houdini design but not the Houdini name; which is consistent with our prior statement.
-dP

Wow... I wasn't here 4 years ago but Mueller's post history is primarily taking credit for games that others actually produced? Elvira 3, that was all Mueller's fault... Houdini? that was Mueller. He took credit for other people's games and then still couldn't get RAZA out the door with a bajillion dollars...

If you want a treat flip through his posts.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution?tq=&tu=deeproot

#29849 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

[quoted image]

Honestly, looks like 4th grade art

#29850 2 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

You can thank me for Elvira 3. I’m the one who came up with it back in 2015 and told Dennis and Greg I wanted them to do it. I even reached out and spoke with Cassandra’s agent. I came up with a theme and fleshed it out with Dennis to present Elvira in a more timeless fashion. If Stern is going to delay it’s release, I would love to purchase the license from them and finish it right. —Robert

Darn! If only deeproot had gotten the contract for Elvira's House of Horrors.
It would have cool wrap-around art on the backbox and their new PinBar™ feature.

(And, of course, the game wouldn't exist at all if it was to be done by deeproot.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 597 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/597?hl=txcoastal1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.