Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 672.
#29151 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

In other discussion, anyone know what lots were removed? I thought there were 380 lots, now it's down to 371?

Intriguing! I haven't had the bandwidth to do things I otherwise would have liked (such as finding a way to easily archive everything from the auction). Damn. I'll give it a quick look to see if anything jumps out at me. Perhaps if enough folks who've been looking since the 380 were posted, some will be able to chime in about stuff they had their eyes on (for whatever reason) which are no longer there. And then we could try to establish if there's a pattern.

That or just contact the auction house who would probably just quickly tell us exactly what was taken off and why. Effort involved wise, I'd say that *might* be the better way to go.

#29152 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Looks like there's a "TuYo HOLDINGS LLC" match on the Texas entity search website: https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/coaSearchBtn
"Tu" is for Turner and "Yo" is for Yost -- which is who the LLC is registered to (this is also spelled out in the filing), a lawyer who lives in Boerne.
Do we know of any pinsider lawyers who live in Boerne?

Moderators, please keynote this comment.

#29153 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Moderators, please keynote this comment.

TuYo's just-filed notice of appearance filing

deeprootcapital-80-2022.03.16.pdfdeeprootcapital-80-2022.03.16.pdf
#29155 2 years ago

Sounds super fishy. Keep digging.

Anyone that closely tied to Robert is dirty.

#29156 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Seems like a promising match to the LLC partner member.
https://www.brockuphamyost.com/gregory-b-yost

Question for those who are or will be researching TuYo (I have to get to actual work): are Chris and the lawyer the only participants? If so, that isn't just Chris being part of a group looking to acquire these assets. It is (more likely) Chris—owing to his longstanding connection to Robert, deeproot, and policy services, and direct work on its financial services software—is intimately aware of a potential score and finds a lawyer to partner up with to try to go get it.

I haven't studied yesterday's filing (only read enough to flag the Turner Logic thing and highlight the bits I did). But if the above is the case, it would merit a close re-read to see how TuYo is presented with respect to the section where you're supposed to disclose anything about the connections to the debtor and assess how forthcoming it is based on the details we already know.

#29157 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

f you want to stay ahead in the current manufacturing world, you constantly need to be assessing your processes for improvements. This is especially true with the current labor situation in this country.

If time spent here isn't holding up other processes, you didn't have to add space/resources to do it, and you can get away with using contract labor at nearly minimum wage prices... why push forward expensive machining processes to do it?

Sometimes 'cheap and simple' is better than 'invest to be automated'.

I'd imagine the time spent building jigs and their storage is a bigger problem in the long haul than any of their concerns about falling behind or labor impact on the line.

No point in speeding up PF populating by 2mins if your downstream stations can't absorb the higher rate.

#29158 2 years ago

Ah yeah, I think there’s a couch and a desk missing. Maybe it was Robert’s personal furniture from home. Can’t be a lawyer without a lawyer desk.

#29159 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got my eye on a few of the thousand chairs up for sale and maybe a whiteboard or two.

Fight me for those Mirras.

#29160 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Ah yeah, I think there’s a couch and a desk missing. Maybe it was Robert’s personal furniture from home. Can’t be a lawyer without a lawyer desk.

In the chit chat time prior penultimate bankruptcy hearing conference call, Robert's lawyer was saying they gotta get things sorted out so Robert can access the building to get back his personal belongings. This is where their mind was.

#29161 2 years ago

Lastly, before I sign off for hours (and I expect shiny new deepnuggets when I return!), I note that the lot numbers haven't changed (380 is still listed), so it would be trivial to identify the ones were pulled (and then you can see if they were cached by google. Or, again, you could probably just call the auction house and ask what was taken down).

#29162 2 years ago

Maybe they found Jpop sleeping inside of of the items. Kind of like a possum.

#29163 2 years ago

I think I puzzled out what's so shady about the whole TuYo buyout.

In normal circumstances during a bankruptcy auction everyone hypothetically has roughly the same amount of information about what's for sale. For example - we can see the lots that are up for sale and we can go in person and inspect the equipment. If you worked at deeproot you'd know if some of the equipment is modified or damaged so you have some special information about the value (higher or lower), but a highly knowledgeable person can go in and make the same assessment.

With these life insurance policies we (the bidding public) know almost nothing - not even the policy numbers (not that they matters). The only people who know the worth of these policies worked at or with deeproot. Maybe some of the existing investors also had access to the policy details through the investor portal.

Doing a bit of googling there's a lot of information about how the value of a life settlement/life insurance is priced. It looks like the person selling their life insurance submits to a medical examination and then their mortality is calculated. This mortality score is then used to figure out the value of the settlement (what they get) and the goal of the purchaser is that the [paid out settlement] + [upkeep] < [calculated return on maturity based on mortality].

When buying the policies on auction, the [settlement] is replaced with [auction price] and the upkeep is probably known ($x/mo), but the [return on maturity] is only known to people who have privileged information about the mortality of the insured person. This is a bit of a fire sale so there's probably not enough information for the non-privileged public to make an informed decision.

Sounds unfair to me.

#29164 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Still here waiting to see who gets what from the auction, & any other useful stuff. I personally will not be buying anything going through my personal bankruptcy. Continue to talk with people in the industry, dreamers & people that still think pinball manufacturing is easy. . .People that have money, get a decent team together, & know how to properly manage can still get into the market.

Screenshot_20220316-134822_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220316-134822_Google (resized).jpg
#29166 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Seems like a promising match to the LLC partner member.
https://www.brockuphamyost.com/gregory-b-yost

Another St. Mary's Law School graduate (RM's alma mater) and "super lawyer award recipient."

#29167 2 years ago

I'm curious, has Robert been disbarred yet? Seems like he should be at this point... but I imagine lawyers lawyering over lawyers takes a long time when Robert is still only technically alleged to have stolen tens of millions while filing frivolous lawsuits and generally threating people.

#29168 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

As long as we're sharing 32 year old videos

I love stuff like this!

#29169 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Another St. Mary's Law School graduate (RM's alma mater) and "super lawyer award recipient."

In addition, this attorney specializes in estate law, which I believe was Robert's area while he practiced law.

#29170 2 years ago

From a quick scan, is seems that those jezus style paintings have been taken out of the auctions

#29171 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

^12 months back in the thread time machine (and referencing a quote from an interview 4+ years old)
Also, from a former employee:
"While Turner Logic was on site at deeproot, Robert told us that the San Antonio facility was going to start getting snacks delivered every day from a corporate service (it didn't happen). I believe Robert actually hired or intended to hire Chris Turner to do the daily snacks delivery. If you look on his LinkedIn, it says his company offers that service as well. That's certainly an odd combo with coding."
Here's that company/service, owned by Turner Logic: https://SnackDot.com

I thought this was a total joke until I looked up the link.

#29172 2 years ago

Robert's lawyer was saying they gotta get things sorted out so Robert can access the building to get back his personal belongings.

Quoted from Revo76:

From a quick scan, is seems that those jezus style paintings have been taken out of the auctions

Robert found Jesus before going to jail

#29173 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert found Jesus before going to jail

Too late! Jesus is now up for auction.....

#29175 2 years ago

Is it possible that some of the lots were claimed by creditors? Machinery sold to deeproot but never paid for?

#29176 2 years ago

I note that the lot numbers haven't changed (380 is still listed), so it would be trivial to identify the ones were pulled

Lot5 (resized).pngLot5 (resized).png
Lot6 (resized).pngLot6 (resized).png
Lot9 (resized).pngLot9 (resized).png
Lot14-15 (resized).pngLot14-15 (resized).png
Lot16-17 (resized).pngLot16-17 (resized).png
Lot25 (resized).pngLot25 (resized).png
Lot29 (resized).pngLot29 (resized).png
Lot178 (resized).pngLot178 (resized).png
Lot187 (resized).pngLot187 (resized).png

#29177 2 years ago

Turner Logic swooping in to make sure they get the right PCs.

Blobert might be trying to find a Phoenix among the ashes.

#29178 2 years ago

Kudos SirScott for documenting the missing lots. Were you able be cause you had screenshotted or otherwise captured all 380 when they were up or do you have a way to access removed ones after the fact?

Onto the next big thing to get on your calendars, particularly Turner Logic interested parties: the motion introduced yesterday yesterday by TuYo for an expedited hearing been granted and the hearing will take place this Friday, March 18, at 10 am central.

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.36.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.36.41 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.40.16 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-16 at 12.40.16 PM (resized).png

I'm traveling that day and may be en route to the airport while it's happening, so counting on you good people to attend and document.

I'm damn curious if any of the questionable stuff we uncovered today regarding the TL-DR relationship will be addressed prior to the judge giving the thumbs up or down. And, if it appears that it will not, would someone (a creditor perhaps) have any recourse or ability to introduce such information before or during this type of hearing?

Would love to hear from any of our resident lawyers regarding what could be done with respect to this type of hearing if someone had the standing and interest to want to do something. Lawyers, what say you?

deeprootcapital-81-2022.03.16.pdfdeeprootcapital-81-2022.03.16.pdf
#29179 2 years ago

Stuff is coming 2 fast and 2 furious for me to keep up.

Related order, just filed:

deeprootcapital-82-2022.03.16.pdfdeeprootcapital-82-2022.03.16.pdf
#29180 2 years ago

Were you able be cause you had screenshotted or otherwise captured all 380 when they were up or do you have a way to access removed ones after the fact?

Earlier pages were captured on 3/13 on the Wayback Machine (https://archive.org/web/).

#29181 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been covered before...

Is the bottle in lot 164 the top secret hammer tested clear coat?

https://theepoxyexperts.com/product-category/coatings/non-yellowing/max-seal/

#29182 2 years ago

How did this post go by without comment? Holy crap--it is just me, or is this a solution looking for a problem? The only thing missing is the octo-display.

#29183 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

How did this post go by without comment? Holy crap--it is just me, or is this a solution looking for a problem? The only thing missing is the octo-display.

Not that weird. My old graphic artists job we had a box like this refreshed once a week.

But I doubt that guy with the cardboard box was buying millions in bankruptcy insurance policies so I'm gonna go with "cash business = money laundering"

#29184 2 years ago

Who remembers the name of the car wash guy? Where's he at in all this.

#29185 2 years ago

^12 months back in the thread time machine (and referencing a quote from an interview 4+ years old)
Also, from a former employee:
"While Turner Logic was on site at deeproot, Robert told us that the San Antonio facility was going to start getting snacks delivered every day from a corporate service (it didn't happen). I believe Robert actually hired or intended to hire Chris Turner to do the daily snacks delivery. If you look on his LinkedIn, it says his company offers that service as well. That's certainly an odd combo with coding."

Maybe Turner Logic with their snack delivery business were the secret inspiration and designer for the Food Truck pin.

#29186 2 years ago

Software programming, cloud services, data storage and snackdot deliveries - Turner Logic can do it all. I wonder if they offer coffee service, because where I work, people drink coffee all day. Also many of our European / Middle East / South American offices offer afternoon espresso. Our company thrives on coffee grounds. Kudos to Robert for starting out with a solid plan.

#29187 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

-it is just me, or is this a solution looking for a problem?

Quoted from benheck:

Not that weird. My old graphic artists job we had a box like this refreshed once a week.

Okay, Ben. I'm okay with it "being me."

But very strange (still) for a software company to be supplying companies with bananas and granola bars, agreed?

#29188 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

In addition, this attorney specializes in estate law, which I believe was Robert's area while he practiced law.

According to online Texas bar records, RM graduated St. Mary's University Law School in 2000 whereas Gregory Yost is a 2012 graduate.

Different time periods, but similar areas of specialty in the same general locale, indeed.

#29189 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

OK, imagine this: Same video. Same product. But instead of Chris, Robert's the CEO and being interviewed.

#29190 2 years ago

The whole Turner thing feels like an “old guy knows a younger person who is ‘good at computers’ and then starts relying on them for anything and everything that is even tangentially related to technology, qualified or not” kind of situation.

Oh, you know excel? Can you manage my investment databases?

Heard of pinball? Want to program our machines?

Used a toaster? Can you take care of getting us vegan pop-tarts?

#29191 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

The whole Turner thing feels like an “old guy knows a younger person who is ‘good at computers’ and then starts relying on them for anything and everything that is even tangentially related to technology, qualified or not” kind of situation.
Oh, you know excel? Can you manage my investment databases?
Heard of pinball? Want to program our machines?
Used a toaster? Can you take care of getting us vegan pop-tarts?

#29192 2 years ago

I heard Raza got delayed again. Any truth to this?

#29193 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Their promo video is also... something

13 whopping subscribers too!

I don't even get this system. It's like they have a checkout system for payment, but it's on the honor system? Has this guy ever worked in corporate america? There's a reason why most companies hire vending machine companies.

#29194 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

but it's on the honor system? Has this guy ever worked in corporate america? There's a reason why most companies hire vending machine companies.

He built his company around a Freakonomics chapter about white collar crime

https://nowcomment.com/documents/136746

#29195 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I don't even get this system. It's like they have a checkout system for payment, but it's on the honor system? Has this guy ever worked in corporate america? There's a reason why most companies hire vending machine companies.

This is meant for startups or coworking spaces where snacks are a perk of the job. ~2016 is actually a bit on the cutting edge of this stuff - for comparison Uber Eats only started in 2014.

Unfortunately this "business" is competing with the auto-reorder function on say... Costco.

#29196 2 years ago

While we're referencing The IT Crowd....

#29197 2 years ago

the TL-DR relationship

From TL;DR to TL-DR, this is the thread that has it all.

#29199 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I heard RAZA got delayed again. Any truth to this?

Yep. Robert's lawyers filed a motion to stay RAZA production until his bankruptcy case is decided.

#29200 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

According to online Texas bar records, RM graduated St. Mary's University Law School in 2000 whereas Gregory Yost is a 2012 graduate.
Different time periods, but similar areas of specialty in the same general locale, indeed.

I’d be surprised if Yost has anything to do with Mueller. I met him when he graduated. One of my old partners who is deceased now, taught Oil & Gas, Property Law at St Marys and introduced us because he wanted to get into the estate planning field.

Super nice guy and firm has been around a long time. I guess you never know though

I think I’ll call Greg tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 584 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/584?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.