Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 672.
#29001 2 years ago

AMH is still the highest bid!

Fuck you Robert.

#29002 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Is this different than the last lawyer who mentioned he was leaving the case and passing it off to someone else? In other words, is this the second prosecutor to leave?

That one was about moving from two separate trustees for the aspects of the bankruptcy stuff to a single one who administers all of it.

#29003 2 years ago

The lathe high bid is currently $25. Retail is about $6k. Without being able to inspect it I question whether it has both chucks, the tool post, and other items it came with. Rather difficult to move too, it's not something you just throw in your trunk.
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115284647/grizzly-12--x-36--gunsmithing-lathe-with-stand

Interesting bit about pick-up: "ALL ITEMS MUST BE PICKED UP BY FEBRUARY 10th @ 4:00PM"
That does not make sense. Cut & paste error maybe?

#29004 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fuck you Robert.

I love that we can say this now without getting in trouble.

#29005 2 years ago

Yes, the difficulty of moving these heavy items will affect their value.

See also all that office crap in a Work From Home world.

#29006 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes, the difficulty of moving these heavy items will affect their value.
See also all that office crap in a Work From Home world.

I wonder how in the loop local manufacturing companies need to be to even be aware of the potential deals. I also wonder how many end up going into the maquiladoras over the border.

#29007 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

The lathe high bid is currently $25. Retail is about $6k. Without being able to inspect it I question whether it has both chucks, the tool post, and other items it came with. Rather difficult to move too, it's not something you just throw in your trunk.
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115284647/grizzly-12--x-36--gunsmithing-lathe-with-stand
Interesting bit about pick-up: "ALL ITEMS MUST BE PICKED UP BY FEBRUARY 10th @ 4:00PM"
That does not make sense. Cut & paste error maybe?

They chucks and stuff all look to be in a different lot.

#29008 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Fuck you Robert.

Watch our friend Iceperson buy it so he can claim he got his Deeproot pinball after all.

#29009 2 years ago

Was just looking at the auction in detail. Man those CNC machines are worth A LOT... anyone that can handle moving them could get them for a song.

Note how all the high bids are easy-to-move things... the welder, forklift, AMH. You could buy the forklift and the lathe, and use the forklift to load the lathe on a trailer

#29010 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Watch our friend Iceperson buy it so he can claim he got his Deeproot pinball after all.

Never miss the chance to say I was the only person who successfully bought a game from Zidware. Sure, it was a $200 bagatelle, but it was complete & playable.

#29011 2 years ago

I wanted the water bottles until the price got silly. Now I've got my eye on some art work. Gonna wait until close to auction end. I'm gonna win something just so I've got something to offset the dumb BS I went through with DR.
Plus, it's a good excuse to drive down to san antonio for a day.

#29012 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Never miss the chance to say I was the only person who successfully bought a game from Zidware. Sure, it was a $200 bagatelle, but it was complete & playable.

On a completely unrelated note (hah), King Crimson's "Indoor Games" just might be the only song in human history to have the word "bagatelle" in the lyrics.

#29013 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I wanted the water bottles until the price got silly.

Wow, you weren't kidding! I'd still be in at $300 if I was local for easy pickup.

Would be hilarious & apt if they go for more than some of the whitewoods.

#29014 2 years ago

I wanted the Jesus picture until the price got silly.

#29015 2 years ago

Didn't he also pay for his kid's private school education?

Quoted from benheck:Recovery is going to be pennies on the dollar. Most of the money went to salaries, rents and Disney cruises. IT'S GONE.

#29016 2 years ago

Know your audience, only about 10% of Pinside has consciously listened to KC but most of them can recite Tom Sawyer verbatim.

Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

On a completely unrelated note (hah), King Crimson's "Indoor Games" just might be the only song in human history to have the word "bagatelle" in the lyrics.

#29017 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Hope he opens up the game and it's filled with dead raccoons and pigeon shit.

#29018 2 years ago

What are the general best practices of experienced bidders for auctions like these? Do you bid in small increments throughout to keep on top of the list? Drop a massive increase early? Try to wait until the final hours?

#29019 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

What are the general best practices of experienced bidders for auctions like these? Do you bid in small increments throughout to keep on top of the list? Drop a massive increase early? Try to wait until the final hours?

If you're talking ebay strategy, you place an early bid so you get notices of "you've been outbid", and you save your serious bidding for the last hour.

#29020 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

If history repeats, the auctioneer will stiff him on the deal.

#29021 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If you're talking ebay strategy, you place an early bid so you get notices of "you've been outbid", and you save your serious bidding for the last hour.

Ebay is the only thing with which I've had experience. But I'm talking best strategy for this auction (better part of two weeks, min increments based on price value, you can see the bid history but not most of the bidder's identifying info, "soft close," etc).

#29022 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

If you read the auction rules, there isn’t exactly a hard deadline. If people are bidding near the deadline, they extend the bidding for a bit for each last minute offer. No last second snipping

#29023 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If history repeats, the auctioneer will stiff him on the deal.

"It's just a hobby. I have money. HAHAHA LOLOL HAHAHA"

#29024 2 years ago

Ebay is the only thing with which I've had experience. But I'm talking best strategy for this auction (better part of two weeks, min increments based on price value, you can see the bid history but not most of the bidder's identifying info, "soft close," etc).

Your best course of action is to win the lottery, then start bidding. I mean, why not spend $60,000,000 to get $25,000 in return. You won! There is a precendent!

#29025 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If you read the auction rules, there isn’t exactly a hard deadline. If people are bidding near the deadline, they extend the bidding for a bit for each last minute offer. No last second snipping

a 'soft close'.

G-R-E-E-D

#29026 2 years ago

Who's tuning in bright and early tomorrow morning for the next SEC hearing?

Zoom
https://txwd-uscourts.zoomgov.com/j/1600314869?pwd=MkhpQkFpTWJsNGpVSnhnV1FNcEgvUT09

Phone
Dial by your location
+1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
+1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
+1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
+1 551 285 1373 US
Meeting ID: 160 031 4869
Passcode: 504551
International users: https://txwd-uscourts.zoomgov.com/zoomconference?m=MTYwMDMxNDg2OQ.oZhgl1clOc4hL69lX1B5Ff9FJZCGY0LY

#29027 2 years ago

What time does it start?

#29029 2 years ago

Oh right, not necessarily bright and early for anyone but me.

#29030 2 years ago

Think we should expect to hear from legal representation or Bobby himself tomorrow? Fifth Amendments only?

Either way I’m weirdly looking forward to it. I hope Xavier brings a little sass and a lot of condescension.

#29031 2 years ago

I would not waste your time bidding until the lots start to close. I follow and participate in a lot of Hi-bid stuff and soft close is the worst as a single item can go on for hours with small incremental bids. The auction companies often set a ghost reserve as well and deals are tough to come by.

#29032 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Think we should expect to hear from legal representation or Bobby himself tomorrow? Fifth Amendments only?
Either way I’m weirdly looking forward to it. I hope Xavier brings a little sass and a lot of condescension.

I doubt Bobby (and tried to warn Jack Danger when giving him a heads up about tomorrow's session and he, fueled by booze, started trying to take the day off from work and set up a live stream for it). The couple SEC hearings I've heard have not had the firepower that last week's bankruptcy hearing did. I think it's because usually Team Bobby is trying to postpone them the day before or, failing that, move for extensions during the hearing. And I believe at least one legal eagle looked at the type of hearing scheduled for tomorrow and expected it to be mostly dry, procedural stuff.

That said, this one has been on the books for a while and there was no eleventh-hour motion by the accused like usual to push it back. So maybe we'll actually get some action tomorrow? I suppose tune in to find out.

#29033 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

"It's just a hobby. I have money. HAHAHA LOLOL HAHAHA"

Fact.

#29034 2 years ago

There exist other deeproot assets that are currently available elsewhere: Domain registrar Godaddy will gladly try to negotiate your purchase of certain deeproot domains from the current owner.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.06.27 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.06.27 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.06.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.06.39 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.09.38 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.09.38 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.15.18 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.15.18 PM (resized).png

The current owner of these domains is Godaddy.

You can also bid on these:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.09 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.32 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.32 PM (resized).png

Or drop $2k and just straight up buy this one:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.08.54 PM (resized).png

#29035 2 years ago

Hey guys I'm having a browse of this deeproot auction, is anyone bidding on the two RAZA incomplete pinballs? what do you think is the expected price for them?

#29036 2 years ago

Who's tuning in bright and early tomorrow morning for the next SEC hearing?

I'll be tuning in later with the Blueberryjohnson translator.

#29037 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Um, no.

https://www.lyrics.com/lyrics/bagatelle

#29038 2 years ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Hey guys I'm having a browse of this deeproot auction, is anyone bidding on the two RAZA incomplete pinballs? what do you think is the expected price for them?

Someone is… highest item now.
But long way to go…

5E460F30-4E1F-41C6-B167-D6AB4CDEBEB4 (resized).jpeg5E460F30-4E1F-41C6-B167-D6AB4CDEBEB4 (resized).jpegAF3683BA-E429-40B8-87DD-980149699AFB (resized).jpegAF3683BA-E429-40B8-87DD-980149699AFB (resized).jpeg
#29039 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Someone is… highest item now.
But long way to go…
[quoted image][quoted image]

I would bid for the sake of owning one but I'm not sure how I'll get it to Australia........

#29040 2 years ago

Is any IP being auctioned off? Whatever rich dude buys the RAZA(s)... when he has his tech buddies try and fix it source code would be SUPER useful. Maybe it uses a scripting language for rules? The closer to a PROC rip-off it is the better.

If you're gonna drop 50 large on JPOOP's magnum opus, grab a bunch of those computer lots too. Might have the files you need!

#29041 2 years ago

Lets see where the bidding goes on the raza’s I’m bidding , benheck is right I think the files you need are on those computers maybe even some art and other source files …

#29042 2 years ago

The RAZA(s) auction are going to fetch the highest price ever recorded for a pinball machine. I am calling it now. More irony of DR.

Which makes me wonder. What is the standing record? The highest confirmed amount that a pinball machine has changed hands for.

#29043 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Is any IP being auctioned off? Whatever rich dude buys the RAZA(s)... when he has his tech buddies try and fix it source code would be SUPER useful. Maybe it uses a scripting language for rules? The closer to a PROC rip-off it is the better.
If you're gonna drop 50 large on JPOOP's magnum opus, grab a bunch of those computer lots too. Might have the files you need!

Idk about the board sets but the game rules and software was made in Unity

Maybe you get lucky and the hard drives haven’t been wiped.

The IP, for the games Brandes doesn’t already own, isn’t up for sale. Maybe it will be later as part of the bankruptcy. They’re focusing on the stuff in the office building because they need to clear it out ASAP for the landlord.

#29044 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

The RAZA(s) auction are going to fetch the highest price ever recorded for a pinball machine. I am calling it now. More irony of DR.
Which makes me wonder. What is the standing record? The highest confirmed amount that a pinball machine has changed hands for.

Possibly this

https://worthly.com/most-expensive/pinball-machine-punball/

#29045 2 years ago

Nice ... didnt know about that one. I was gonna say Loch Ness or one of the King Kong games.

#29046 2 years ago

There exist other deeproot assets that are currently available elsewhere: Domain registrar Godaddy will gladly try to negotiate your purchase of certain deeproot domains from the current owner.

Don't waste your money; GoDaddy is one small step above a scam company.

#29047 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Idk about the board sets but the game rules and software was made in Unity
Maybe you get lucky and the hard drives haven’t been wiped.
The IP, for the games Brandes doesn’t already own, isn’t up for sale. Maybe it will be later as part of the bankruptcy. They’re focusing on the stuff in the office building because they need to clear it out ASAP for the landlord.

Does anybody know the deal with equipment and supplies from the Utah studio? Apologies if I missed that info, but I don’t recall seeing anything about what happened to items from that facility?

#29048 2 years ago
Quoted from catwoman:

Does anybody know the deal with equipment and supplies from the Utah studio? Apologies if I missed that info, but I don’t recall seeing anything about what happened to items from that facility?

That studio shut down years ago as far as I'm aware. Likely already sold off the office stuff a while ago.

Don't know about all the assets they made and who owns them.

#29049 2 years ago

Personally, I'm assuming the RAZA games are paperweights and don't have any functional software installed. That probably won't prevent crazy high bidding, though.

#29050 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

I'm guessing upwards of $40k - will be interesting to watch

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 581 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/581 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.