Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 580 of 672.
#28951 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You weren't right. There are investment advisors to go after.
You are likely right that SOME people who were scammed bought directly from Robert. Like iceman44 said, there is a long list of people in the SEC filings.
Think of it as multi-level marketing. Bob sold to investment advisors, they sold to investors. Given the lack of record-keeping mentioned in the complaint it's likely the investment advisors didn't perform their due diligence on a regular basis so could be liable. I imagine it's probably a fairly large hill to climb trying to prove that. Maybe the SEC case and any future criminal case will help those that were scammed get their money back.

I didn’t say none of them went through investment advisors though

I was simply reminding people Robert sold some of these investments himself and a chunk of people don’t get to try to sue financial advisors.

I don’t like how Ice constantly acts like things are going to mostly work out for people. First it was being bullish on machines, now it’s being bullish on restitution

Also the victory laps comment was more about having said years ago that the company was never going to pan out for a dozen reasons.

#28952 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was simply reminding people Robert sold some of these investments himself and a chunk of people don’t get to try to sue financial advisors.
I don’t like how Ice constantly acts like things are going to mostly work out for people. First it was being bullish on machines, now it’s being bullish on restitution

Yeah the eternal optimism is weird.

If I had been a leading voice encouraging people to invest in pinball scam after pinball scam, I’d probably want to downplay those scams as well.

#28953 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

No dude, you can wallow in the failure of DR and people losing money. I don’t give a shit. And you were WRONG. Look at the LONG list of advisors

I was hoping to get a machine based on all of the parts, equipment and people they obviously had sitting there. FACT

The SEC stepped before that could happen.

Why didn’t you or anyone else let inform us about the SEC?

I think it’s great that a criminal got shut down. Wish it would have happened sooner. Nobody knew it was at that level except for Robert, not the workers, not anybody else.

As for being “bullish” on restitution, what are you 5 yrs old? Of course I want people to get their money back especially the investors and MANY of them will.

Many of the advisors knew better or should have known. Period

#28957 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No dude, you can wallow in the failure of DR and people losing money. I don’t give a shit. And you were WRONG. Look at the LONG list of advisors
I was hoping to get a machine based on all of the parts, equipment and people they obviously had sitting there. FACT
I think it’s great that a criminal got shut down. Wish it would have happened sooner. Nobody knew it was at that level except for Robert, not the workers, not anybody else.
As for being “bullish” on restitution, what are you 5 yrs old? Of course I want people to get their money back especially the investors and MANY of them will.
Many of the advisors knew better or should have known. Period

You’re the financial advisor, why didn’t you realize this place was clearly a house of cards built on lies? Instead you always let your investment in a machine ride till the very end…

#28958 2 years ago

Welcome back Icey!

fmp,x_small,gloss,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpgfmp,x_small,gloss,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u1 (resized).jpg
#28959 2 years ago

I see iceees lengthy vacation hasn’t dulled his mastery of the quote function

#28960 2 years ago

Not really, just saw the auction coming up and thought I check in with my favorite assholes.

So what if the Deeproot scam happens to work out for some investors. Damn right I’m all for that. It’s not totally their fault, although they need a new advisor.

Anyone that is against that is F Ed up

Why don’t you head on over to the Haggis thread and spread some more misery?

#28961 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You’re the financial advisor, why didn’t you realize this place was clearly a house of cards built on lies? Instead you always let your investment in a machine ride till the very end…

Why didn’t anybody else? There is BIG difference from investing in the 575 fund and taking a free game per the Goodwill Agreement which I happily did.

I didn’t need the $$$, because “San Antonio is not poor”

Shit happens, sometimes shit doesn’t work out, I’m sure all of you F ers are perfect!

Divorce, bad business deals, bad pin deals? Life happens and goes on for most people
Anyhow

#28962 2 years ago

I don’t hang out in the Haggis thread because it’s not a gargantuan tire fire like deeproot with obvious colossal miss steps everywhere. They’re in over their heads and possibly may not make it, but their problems are mundane while Damian seems humble and mostly competent.

Now Ballarama… that has the makings of a spicy meatball.

#28963 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not really, just saw the auction coming up and thought I check in with my favorite assholes.
So what if the Deeproot scam happens to work out for some investors. Damn right I’m all for that. It’s not totally their fault, although they need a new advisor.
Why don’t you head on over to the Haggis thread and spread some more misery?

lmao

Investment adviser ladies and gents.

“Now, when investing in scams, you want to pick the right one. I’m all for it as long as it makes you money. Damn right! But remember, You need to diversify your scam investments also.”

#28964 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don’t hang out in the Haggis thread because it’s not a gargantuan tire fire like deeproot with obvious colossal miss steps everywhere. They’re in over their heads and possibly may not make it, but their problems are mundane while Damian seems humble and mostly competent.
Now Ballarama… that has the makings of a spicy meatball.

“Seems like it”. Come on man. Chime in over there. You know for a FACT their problems are “mundane”? Sound like a hypocrite

I like Haggis and I truly hope they make it. They seem like good guys.

You want to hate Bobby? There has a been a long line before you ever got here.

You want to bully me, cancel me, harass me, give me shit for accepting that Goodwill agreement? Or me hoping for the best here, then I’ve got a double barrel middle finger salute for you.

And when you misstate the FACTS clearly, I’ll correct them and provide the receipts like I just did

#28965 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So I guess it’s fair to say we all live “rent free” in ole Iceeeee’s head?

Interesting.

#28966 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

lmao
Investment adviser ladies and gents.
“Now, when investing in scams, you want to pick the right one. I’m all for it as long as it makes you money. Damn right! But remember, You need to diversify your scam investments also.”

Laugh all you want Levee, I get that Pinball is an investment and living for you. It’s far from it for me. It’s a hobby.

We spend $$$ on hobbies. You know that and make your living from it.

As for “investments”. Well I don’t want to get over your head here

I know you miss me

#28967 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So I guess it’s fair to say we all live “rent free” in ole Iceeeee’s head?
Interesting.

Trust me brother, this is just a day for me, a fun one at that, you guys will still be here pounding your puds, thinking about me while I’m gone, and then I’ll come every now and then to see how the DR cult is going as it winds down into the dust bin of history

Maybe after the auction ends?

Does anybody know where that Raza LE ended up?

Not a word about it. Figured you guys would have been all over that?

#28974 2 years ago
01ACE3F4-CB40-4ED8-869D-83404C724ED5 (resized).jpeg01ACE3F4-CB40-4ED8-869D-83404C724ED5 (resized).jpeg
#28976 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]

Coming from you that is hysterical! A one man Pinside wide scorched earth Forrest fire

The gangs almost all here now

#28977 2 years ago

Take a look at the past several months of this thread, and see where it went once you started posting again. But yes, everyone else is the problem.

#28978 2 years ago

Recovery is going to be pennies on the dollar. Most of the money went to salaries, rents and Disney cruises. IT'S GONE.

#28979 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dang! Sounds like you're implying if not for the SEC Deeproot would have succeeded.

#28980 2 years ago

It will be interesting to see how much stuff goes for. Deeproot pissed off many manufactures, maybe they will bid on stuff just for revenge. Use it as a reminder of their short comings, or maybe use the equipment for production.

#28981 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

It will be interesting to see how much stuff goes for. Deeproot pissed off many manufactures, maybe they will bid on stuff just for revenge. Use it as a reminder of their short comings, or maybe use the equipment for production.

THere is nothing of value to any manufacturers. They already have what they need to manufacture pinball machines, which is how they do it.

#28982 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Dang! Sounds like you're implying if not for the SEC Deeproot would have succeeded.

Catching up to 50 new posts of arguing about finance stuff, those were the two lines that also stood out to me. L-O-L

#28983 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THere is nothing of value to any manufacturers. They already have what they need to manufacture pinball machines, which is how they do it.

History shows that failed pinball companies have useful equipment purchased & used again. Wait & see, the same as all the stuff people think is worthless.

#28984 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Catching up to 50 new posts of arguing about finance stuff, those were the two lines that also stood out to me. L-O-L

Yeah, it's the old Predator Scam lament, which I wouldn't be surprised if was also espoused by our favorite Texan pinball scam proponent.

"If only Kevin hadn't gotten ratted out to 20th Century Fox, we'd all have our Predator machines!!!! The haters ruined it for everybody!"

#28985 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:You’re the financial advisor, why didn’t you realize this place was clearly a house of cards built on lies? Instead you always let your investment in a machine ride till the very end…

I knew this was a scam right around the time of quad and octo manufacturing and claims of production numbers dwarfing all other manufacturers combined. Of course, I could only hint at my skepticism here for fear of being banned or ostracized for stating the obvious. Just like zidware and skit b. Easy to sniff out early on.

#28986 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

History shows that failed pinball companies have useful equipment purchased & used again. Wait & see, the same as all the stuff people think is worthless.

None of it is really specific to or specialized for pinball. As someone from spooky commented earlier, it's not really the type of equipment they need.

One of the few pieces of pinball-specific equipment that I'm aware of that changed hands between pinball companies was the playfield dimpling press that stern got from gottlieb. Mainly because that had a specific purpose for pinball manufacturing.

Most likely, the heavy equipment will go to other kinds of manufacturing businesses, or maybe even smaller garage-based shops if the lots go cheap enough. Or maybe the manufacturer will grab it cheap to refurbish and resell.

#28988 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Normally I would agree with you, but due to supply shortages who knows, maybe they could use extra pc mother boards or processors etc

#28989 2 years ago

confirmed, 2 RAZA machines, both incomplete (one is so incomplete they spelled it pinbal)
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115180177/incomplete-pinbal-machine/?cpage=2&q=&ref=catalog
https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/115180192/incomplete-pinball-machine/?cpage=2&q=&ref=catalog

60 million dollars and not one single complete pinball machine from the man that said he was going to build more pinball machines than any manufacturer in history.

#28990 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You can see that they keep ADDING funds

FAR from going “bankrupt”

They “earn” interest”, “capital gains”, “dividends” etc from their investments, of which pinball is a losing part of it

My understanding is that no more NEW funds that are raised are allowed to fund the “pinball investment”. Maybe a portion? Who knows

The majority of the monies raised EARN a rate of return that goes to service the 575 payouts. While the pinball portion has been a total failure thus far apparently the overall fund has not and continues to grow!

#28991 2 years ago
Quoted from Castlecade:

Normally I would agree with you, but due to supply shortages who knows, maybe they could use extra pc mother boards or processors etc

Only if it's an exact match. Like if he had 100 of the same model single board computer AP or Spooky used.

General purpose pinball parts, sure. But those LCDs? Worthless for manufacture, unless you're making Zitware games.

Someone might want that pallet of PSUs but it won't be a pinball company.

In general DR laughable sales made the quantity of parts too low to bother. If they had 2k sealed SBCs then yeah, it would be worth spinning a new kernel for it to cover a run.

#28992 2 years ago

Current highest bid on any auction item:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.11.17 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-14 at 5.11.17 AM (resized).png
#28993 2 years ago

Current highest bid on any auction item:[quoted image]

It's the only thing there of any value

#28994 2 years ago

Current highest bid on any auction item:[quoted image]

I just had a thought--are the innards for that game intact? If anyone has a chance to visit, it might be a good idea to check in case the innards were messed with or removed to use in other projects...

#28995 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I just had a thought--are the innards for that game intact? If anyone has a chance to visit, it might be a good idea to check in case the innards were messed with or removed to use in other projects...

What if Mueller turned this AMH into a Horcrux?

#28996 2 years ago

When I saw the pacer entry "withdrawal of counsel" I assumed it was a deeproot attorney jumping ship a day before the next SEC hearing. WRONG.

deeproot-sec-46-2022.03.14.pdfdeeproot-sec-46-2022.03.14.pdf
#28997 2 years ago

When I saw the pacer entry "withdrawal of counsel" I assumed it was a deeproot attorney jumping ship a day before the next SEC hearing. WRONG.[quoted image]

Found a better gig, maybe?

#28998 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Found a better gig, maybe?

Private sector pay is likely a touch higher than gov pay.

#28999 2 years ago

When I saw the pacer entry "withdrawal of counsel" I assumed it was a deeproot attorney jumping ship a day before the next SEC hearing. WRONG.[quoted image]

Is this different than the last lawyer who mentioned he was leaving the case and passing it off to someone else? In other words, is this the second prosecutor to leave?

#29000 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Private sector pay is likely a touch higher than gov pay.

I bet leaving the SEC and going private pays real good depending on who all and what all you know…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 580 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/580?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.