• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 669.
#2801 4 years ago

Thanks daley! Looks like a fun theme!

#2802 4 years ago
Quoted from daley:

I did not see this posted in this thread (so sorry if already shared): https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=60&v=opAK-32MfJM

Wow. I'm not into that villains (?) character design but alltogether that's pretty awesome.

If this is the intro to the machine that would hint to an ultra widescreen display. I'd like that waaaay better then what JJP does. I prefer a reasonably sized backglass!

#2803 4 years ago

That is a very wide aspect ratio!

#2804 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Makes me think color dmd size screen like the LCDs on MBR or AFMr

#2805 4 years ago

Makes me nostalgic for the days of when jpop would dazzle us with art.

#2806 4 years ago

If RAZA and MG are made, or anything else using Jpop IP that was paid for by his Zidware customers, I hope DR reimburse these customers. If they do, more power to DR.

#2807 4 years ago

"An amusement park built around a defunct nuclear power plant that happens to be on top of a graveyard!"

I already like the humor.

#2808 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Makes me nostalgic for the days of when jpop would dazzle us with art.

At least they're not claiming JPop did the animation.

#2809 4 years ago

Okay that video promo was Awesome!

#2810 4 years ago

I like what I see

#2812 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Looks
Like they plan on using a screen like the one on afmre

Does this count as 1 day of
deep Root?

#2813 4 years ago

Cool, they've made a cgi intro movie. Can we see a pinball machine now ?

#2814 4 years ago

At least we now know what all 40 animators have been working on.

#2815 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Cool, they've made a cgi intro movie. Can we see a pinball machine now ?

That is not CGI.

#2816 4 years ago

I'm guessing screen across the back of the playfield, under the glass.

#2817 4 years ago

Been reading info on Deeproot on TWIP - This Week in Pinball and it sounds great what they're doing!

#2818 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Curved screen at the back would look cool.

#2819 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I agree. The sizing seems optimized to work with the width of a playfield and the height of the backboard under the glass.

If it works, it'd be a clever way to quickly change scenes so each mode feels unique.

#2820 4 years ago

The theme is pretty awesome - hope the game is as well.

#2821 4 years ago

The video is great. I hope they can follow it up with some great gameplay.

#2822 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

If RAZA and MG are made, or anything else using Jpop IP that was paid for by his Zidware customers, I hope DR reimburse these customers. If they do, more power to DR.

There appears to be a wealth of information on this subject and I believe that DP has done quite a lot on this front. There were some conditions (IE: those already involved in a law suit against JPOP would not be eligible), but others would be offered compensation based on what their previous commitment was with Zidware. Yes of course, some will see this as a 'they had to do this or no one would support DP', I don't see it that way at all. You will see, once the pins start being revealed, pinheads will flock to these. Considering that the owner was not legally obligated, I think that this can only help.

To that end, I believe that DP has already settled up on Magic Girl for some of the Zidware customers. Maybe not and I'm full of shit...

back to the thread.

#2823 4 years ago

The sound and video is just STUNNING in this clip. If this is just the tip of the iceberg!?

#2824 4 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

The sound and video is just STUNNING in this clip. If this is just the tip of the iceberg!?

Neat but certainly not "STUNNING".

#2825 4 years ago

SWEET!! More RAZA, more RAZA

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Anyone recognize the voiceover?

The voice from attack from mars? Did i win a pin?

#2828 4 years ago

Love it!

#2829 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I agree. The sizing seems optimized to work with the width of a playfield and the height of the backboard under the glass.
If it works, it'd be a clever way to quickly change scenes so each mode feels unique.

It seems logical to suspect they took the jpop back of playfield LCD idea and stretched it to fill the entire back. However, obstructed view would still be a major problem.

#2830 4 years ago

its as if... you can hear the money jumping out of people's pockets already... FFS

#2831 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It seems logical to suspect they took the jpop back of playfield LCD idea and stretched it to fill the entire back. However, obstructed view would still be a major problem.

Well looking at this picture of Magic Girl, to fix the obstruction I would make it wide and thin so that it sat as high as possible in the back of the playfield. Kinda like the aspect ratio of the clip.

magic_girl (resized).jpgmagic_girl (resized).jpg
#2832 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

its as if... you can hear the money jumping out of people's pockets already... FFS

$$$ already jumped out of my pocket for Raza

Happy to see it happening with my credit. Never thought Raza would see the light of day

But yes, let’s actually see a game ffs

#2833 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Would be cool to have Walking Dead style ramps that pass through openings in the changing scenes on the backboard

#2834 4 years ago

Deeproot will be number 1 in pinball soon enough.

#2835 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Robert, is this a fake account! Or Special K

#2836 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Can't wait. All they have to do is make thousands of games, that people like and buy.

Since all the other manufacturers are taking notice and closing, I best hit deeproot for a tech support job soon or I'll be out of work.

LTG : )

P.S. When is this going to actually happen ?

#2837 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Well looking at this picture of Magic Girl, to fix the obstruction I would make it wide and thin so that it sat as high as possible in the back of the playfield. Kinda like the aspect ratio of the clip.[quoted image]

I thought Robert was a big proponent of looking at existing games and looking at what they do well and not so well? I guess I could be persuaded that putting a screen where it is in Magic Girl might be innovative, but I don't think it is a very good place for it due to visibility.

Now, if they put an screen in the backboard, I could see it being used to having changing scenery. But, I don't think "the" display in that location is a good place for it.

#2838 4 years ago

I am pretty darn negative on Deeproot because of their work with Jpop. That said, I am a huge fan of Dennis Nordman both as a person and a pinball designer. Neither of those two points are what made me post in this thread tonight though. I'm posting because that video posted on the previous page is DAMN impressive. The production value is miles ahead of anything JJP or Stern has done. If that is even close to the level of production that actually incorporated into their games, I could see them really hitting the ground running. Also, I like the widescreen. This will hopefully allow them to have a full backglass/translite unlike the screen on JJP games that is way too big and hogs the backbox. Hopefully the display is above and not blocked by ramps and playfield components as some are speculating. That would make no sense.

#2839 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am pretty darn negative on Deeproot because of their work with Jpop. That said, I am a huge fan of Dennis Nordman both as a person and a pinball designer. Neither of those two points are what made me post in this thread tonight though. I'm posting because that video posted on the previous page is DAMN impressive. The production value is miles ahead of anything JJP or Stern has done. If that is even close to the level of production that actually incorporated into their games, I could see them really hitting the ground running. Also, I like the widescreen. This will hopefully allow them to have a full backglass/translite unlike the screen on JJP games that is way too big and hogs the backbox. Hopefully the display is above and not blocked by ramps and playfield components as some are speculating. That would make no sense.

Well they should have the sound covered with David Thiel. Combine with fantastic animation and its an excellent start.

After all these years of doodling I'm expecting a layout masterpiece as well!

#2840 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Robert, is this a fake account! Or Special K

Real account. Former Majestic12.

#2841 4 years ago

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8001.60

I just revisited this circa 2013 Ben Heck video, which features Jpop discussing the pinball design process, in the context of Zidware's then ongoing projects. Toward the end (at 14:28), Jpop contends that less is often more. In a moment of self-awareness clarity, he presciently remarks:
"It's very easy to start, but very hard to finish."

#2842 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'm posting because that video posted on the previous page is DAMN impressive. The production value is miles ahead of anything JJP or Stern has done

It's really interesting to see a reaction like this. What is it about it that strikes you so much, out of curiosity?

#2843 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's really interesting to see a reaction like this. What is it about it that strikes you so much, out of curiosity?

I’m curious too. I found the video to be ok. Nothing amazing though or unique.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not sure how to say it. I don't profess to be an art critic, but I know what I like when I see it. Things like fonts not being proper, I would never notice in a million years because I don't look with the critical eye of a designer. Despite a predisposition to dislike anything to do with Jpop; this seems more professional and cinema quality "complete package" including the funny scripting along with the great sound/graphics. This compared to the more basic Xbox 360 cut scenes that Stern and JJP produce. Just for reference my favorite animation packages to date are Iron Maiden and Metallica (with color DMD). Those packages just fit the games perfectly IMO. On the other hand the split screen on WoZ is my least favorite.

This may just be a teaser and the real game content could be a letdown. We'll see. One thing for sure is that up until this point I thought the RAZA theme was a mess and could not be saved. They actually made it seem like an interesting, goofy retro theme with this trailer.

#2845 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure how to say it. I don't profess to be an art critic, but I know what I like when I see it

You explained well, thanks for fleshing out your thoughts. I find how people see this kind of thing really fascinating.

#2846 4 years ago

Just curious...did JPop get any permissions from the Mars Attacks illustrators (original trading cards/movie) in regards to his original artwork for RAZA?
The Alien is uncanny..

Apologies if this is already mentioned in another thread.

images (24) (resized).jpegimages (24) (resized).jpeg
#2847 4 years ago
Quoted from EDMAN:

Just curious...did JPop get any permissions from the Mars Attacks illustrators (original trading cards/movie) in regards to his original artwork for RAZA?

I feel like Zombie Yeti told a story about this, but now I'm not sure. Don't want to quote anything from a bad memory.

But, can we stop calling it "his" original artwork? He didn't draw shit.

#2848 4 years ago
Quoted from EDMAN:

The Alien is uncanny

He did not.. if I'm not mistaken he also had a robbie the robot and a godzilla in his art. That's not to say any of that will be in this version, but yes at the time he had unlicensed art on his prototypes.

#2849 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

But, can we stop calling it "his" original artwork? He didn't draw shit.

Valid point
"the" original RAZA artwork *

#2850 4 years ago

If pinroot is what that says to be...it will be the end of all the old refurbs...not worth the money. All the old will be lost due to cost. The new...Stern, JJP, Spooky, etc, will loose cost. A collapse of an industry, and a reinvention at the same moment. I don’t buy it. Then again, let pinroot prove me wrong.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 33,437 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.