View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 672.
#28351 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There were folks who accused me of "trolling" this thread at one point.
Anyway, hope it works out for ya.

Yeah, I kinda got accused of trolling this thread too. Good point.

Thanks Levi

#28352 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I didn't shout you down and I can agree with some the sceptics are saying.

Agreed.

All that was asked was some acknowledgment of risk.

#28353 2 years ago

Ahh! The toaster is on! Somebody get over there!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#28354 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Ahh! The toaster is on! Somebody get over there!

I assume they had two of these toasters for octo toasting. Quad toasting is for losers.

#28355 2 years ago

If that "countdown clock" comes up I'm putting in a very solid bid.

#28356 2 years ago

But where are all the whitewoods and game related stuff? Thrown away? Hard to believe all those designers did nothing in all those years..

Was hoping to see some Yukon Yeti and Food Truck.

#28357 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

But where are all the whitewoods and game related stuff? Thrown away? Hard to believe all those designers did nothing in all those years..

Scroll through the images posted in this thread and you can see a handful of them.

They probably were junked or not considered important by the auctioneer.

#28358 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Scroll through the images posted in this thread and you can see a handful of them.

They appeared to be cardboard leaning against the wall with the rest of the trash. I doubt we'll be seeing that stuff.

#28359 2 years ago

This entire saga is basically Theranos minus the science but add in grandmas retirement plan money and a portly but equally delusional leader

#28360 2 years ago

I see stuff like this and think, "hmmm... maybe I should open a pinball company... I could do better than that...".

Actually, I think most people reading this could.

How could someone spend so much money and fail so hard?

#28361 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I see stuff like this and think, "hmmm... maybe I should open a pinball company... I could do better than that...".
Actually, I think most people reading this could.
How could someone spend so much money and fail so hard?

The entire thing was a failure before it ever started. He didn't "spend money and fail," he "stole money."

That's the end of the story. This whole thing was built with stolen money on a scam fund illegally promising ridiculous and impossible returns. There was zero chance of any result besides the one we saw.

He could have produced and sold as many games as Stern does in a year and we'd have the same result. There was never a chance he could have earned enough profit to repay the money he stole.

This wasn't a "pinball company." It was a scam. 100 percent. From the very start. The entire time.

Whether or not with his tortured logic in his defective brain he "intended" to actually produce pinball machines is 100 percent irrelevant.

#28362 2 years ago
Quoted from WODKA:

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I was thinking if it would be worthwhile to go back to review the various pics and vids I shared from my secret deeproot friends to compare what we saw there vs. don't see here. Of course,

1) the auction pics are just previews at this point and it's possible when they get to breaking up the lot into individual biddable items that additional stuff not yet seen could be posted,

2) the stuff I shared came from different time periods and some of it may have moved on (either to a private hands or the dumpster),

3) this lot may be (seems to be?) just from the HQ and we know there is another property a few doors down the road apparently brimming with more junk that landlord wants gone.

In short, questions yet abound!

#28363 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The entire thing was a failure before it ever started. He didn't "spend money and fail," he "stole money."
That's the end of the story. This whole thing was built with stolen money on a scam fund illegally promising ridiculous and impossible returns. There was zero chance of any result besides the one we saw.
He could have produced and sold as many games as Stern does in a year and we'd have the same result. There was never a chance he could have earned enough profit to repay the money he stole.
This wasn't a "pinball company." It was a scam. 100 percent. From the very start. The entire time.
Whether or not with his tortured logic in his defective brain he "intended" to actually produce pinball machines is 100 percent irrelevant.

I just flipped through the photos.

I don't think I saw a single piece of used equipment.

I work in the high tech environment with companies trying to outdo each other with ridiculous benefits. I've never seen that much space devoted to a gym. That's gotta be $60,000 worth of equipment. They could have gotten a better return on investment with a literal cereal bar. How many employees did they plan on having to need that much cardio? I've seen employee photos... What were they thinking?

#28364 2 years ago

I work in the high tech environment with companies trying to outdo each other with ridiculous benefits. I've never seen that much space devoted to a gym. That's gotta be $60,000 worth of equipment. They could have gotten a better return on investment with a literal cereal bar. How many employees did they plan on having to need that much cardio? I've seen employee photos... What were they thinking?

You may have underestimated the price tag of the equipment (the exact amount claimed is included in some of the bankruptcy filings I posted a while back)

#28365 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

and a portly but equally delusional leader

I'm trying to recall some of Robert's word salad excuses for the delays. He had some doozies.
Wasn't there an issue with the Panama Canal that he exploited?

#28366 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm trying to recall some of Robert's word salad excuses for the delays. He had some doozies.
Wasn't there an issue with the Panama Canal that he exploited?

How much do you think 70% of a UL certification could fetch at auction?

#28367 2 years ago

How many employees did they plan on having to need that much cardio? I've seen employee photos

lol!

#28368 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looking at this photos, really does look like Zidware on an industrial scale... literally.

Buy a bunch of crap to make it LOOK authentic but never actually accomplish anything. All this to build 2 prototypes... something most homebrewers can accomplish in their garage.

#28369 2 years ago

Here are the white woods and such in a separate auction

https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/lot/114827805/pinball-machine-parts?ipp=100

Never seen the Lucha theme mentioned before. That’s a fun pinball theme compared to some of their other original themes

#28370 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Never seen the Lucha theme mentioned before. That’s a fun pinball theme compared to some of their other original themes

Wow looks like I was wrong!

You found the mother lode!!

So many dreams and fantasies will result…

#28371 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

NOW We're getting somewhere. Nice find. I wonder if this from the second storage facility? I know there is a different crowd than the machinery folks out there interested in this stuff.

Adding the pics directly here for ease of access and to get eagle eyes on them for treasure hunting.

auction00.jpegauction00.jpegauction01.jpegauction01.jpegauction02.jpegauction02.jpegauction03.jpegauction03.jpegauction04.jpegauction04.jpegauction05.jpegauction05.jpegauction06.jpegauction06.jpegauction07.jpegauction07.jpegauction08.jpegauction08.jpeg
#28372 2 years ago

There's going to be a lot to chew on since they've only gotten started with the lot posting. Some unexpected opportunities to boot. For example, Exhibit A

jesus (resized).jpegjesus (resized).jpeg

#28373 2 years ago

“We should pool our resources and bring these designs to completion!! A tribute to Barry O!”

“Spooky should take these designs on!! Or maybe AP?”

“I’m going to buy these and bring them to market!”

Please Pinside..:don’t go there. I beg you.

#28374 2 years ago

You can tell which ones are JPop designs: the ones where shots go nowhere.

#28376 2 years ago

Rey Mysterio!
I want that...

LUCHAPINBALL (resized).pngLUCHAPINBALL (resized).png
#28377 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You can tell which ones are JPop designs: the ones where shots go nowhere.

I’m assuming lightning bolts are JPop games

And as an aside, I’ve heard through some non Canadian grapevines that something may actually end up with a particular manufacturer. Or at least a variant of one of the prototypes. They could be blowing smoke up my butt, but I feel semi-confident they know what they are talking about. Sorry for the tease, but all I got was a tease from them.

#28378 2 years ago

They might as well have had an arcade bar inside on site as well to pay some of the bills...
I'm certain some of their oh so luminary employees could do tech support
and shill rule sets of the games on the arcade floor while on the clock...

#28379 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

TreyBo69 just noticed that isn't a separate auction, it's just one of the individual lots for the same auction (now that they took down the preview pics and are posting items by lot for individual bidding).

The implication: everything in that pic (which includes what can viewed as good amount of the most interesting deeproot IP and pinball memorabilia) will be be won by a single bidder (unless they get wise to this and break up the items into separate lots).

#28380 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

TreyBo69 just noticed that isn't a separate auction, it's just one of the individual lots for the same auction (now that they took down the preview pics and are posting items by lot for individual bidding).
The implication: everything in that pic (which includes what can viewed as good amount of the most interesting deeproot IP and pinball memorabilia) will be be won by a single bidder (unless they get wise to this and break up the items into separate lots).

There’s only so much value in memorabilia of this train wreck if it isn’t coming with things like CAD files and the proto software

Still a bunch of neat crap for the collector who wants a conversation piece.

#28381 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I’m assuming lightning bolts are JPop games
And as an aside, I’ve heard through some non Canadian grapevines that something may actually end up with a particular manufacturer. Or at least a variant of one of the prototypes. They could be blowing smoke up my butt, but I feel semi-confident they know what they are talking about. Sorry for the tease, but all I got was a tease from them.

I can confirm there is active industry interest in this auction (which I alluded to a little while back). Though not saying it is or is not what you are referencing.

#28382 2 years ago

There is interest in what went on there. Lots of stuff that will likely come out in the next few years. Seems like a lot of stuff left with the employees that worked there. Maybe Jpop will get hired again.

#28383 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Rey Mysterio!
I want that...
[quoted image]

But which Lucha design would you prefer?

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.34.39 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-03 at 2.34.39 PM (resized).png
#28384 2 years ago

benheck so how much design ripoff did brimstone actually achieve?

brimstone (resized).jpegbrimstone (resized).jpeg
#28385 2 years ago

Other minor curiosities

calculator.jpegcalculator.jpegfaith.jpegfaith.jpegjpop.jpegjpop.jpegmug.jpegmug.jpegnotebooks.jpegnotebooks.jpegskulls.jpegskulls.jpegwaterbottles.jpegwaterbottles.jpeg
#28386 2 years ago

The first auction item:

couch (resized).pngcouch (resized).png

Looks familiar...

Castingcouch0000.jpg3daee839-619c-4da6-8dc6-cd72b63bea7fOriginal (resized).jpgCastingcouch0000.jpg3daee839-619c-4da6-8dc6-cd72b63bea7fOriginal (resized).jpg

#28387 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Maybe Jpop will get hired again.

Or maybe he'll get a clue and find another industry to work in

#28388 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

There is interest in what went on there. Lots of stuff that will likely come out in the next few years. Seems like a lot of stuff left with the employees that worked there. Maybe Jpop will get hired again.

Right on cue!

#28389 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They could be blowing smoke up my butt, but I feel semi-confident they know what they are talking about. Sorry for the tease, but all I got was a tease from them.

You mean like a French tickler?

#28390 2 years ago

Bible Adventures was always just a concept. We had discussed rules more than layout.

John stole the idea from me first. We found a "creationpinball.com" among his many registered URLs of BS.

I had a short meeting with Robert at TPF 2015 (this was after the first Spooky meeting and before we said no) We are discussing ideas, and I bring up Bible Adventures.

His eyes lit up. Big as saucers. "Yes! I love it! We'll call it FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!" and I'm like "That's not a very good name"

"It's a great idea! Well, I'm divorcing my wife because she got too ugly and I need to go meet my online dating match. Goodbye!" (I shit you not this actually happened)

#28391 2 years ago

Oh BTW those are the same notebooks he gave us during our first meeting.

I still have mine, and the pen, but ARGH I threw away the prospectus deck. It had all his insane goals for Zidware sales. Somebody must have kept theirs HINT HINT. You know who you are.

Maybe it'll show up as part of the trial, evidence of how badly he misled investors.

#28392 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"It's a great idea! Well, I'm divorcing my wife because she got too ugly and I need to go meet my online dating match. Goodbye!"

I can't believe you didn't want to work with him.

#28393 2 years ago

I am very interested in getting a RAZA playfield for my gameroom. If anyone happens to get ahold of one in a lot, feel free to PM me.

#28394 2 years ago
E889312A-AA29-4145-97DA-A781E3FCF142.gifE889312A-AA29-4145-97DA-A781E3FCF142.gif
#28395 2 years ago

Other minor curiosities
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

In the third photo, I bet those gold coins were going to be for the Goonies coin pusher mech.

4th photo some animals for a Noah’s ark?

Also when zooming in on Fire and Brimstone, the shoot again equivalent says “[something] repent”. Really not going for a fun campy, or classic Hollywood vibe of the Bible. If any of the Utah people worked on cinematic or storyboards, please share.

#28396 2 years ago

The secret scribbles on a dry erase board that will solve it all

53A128EE-B192-4730-801E-5B605D98E471 (resized).jpeg53A128EE-B192-4730-801E-5B605D98E471 (resized).jpeg
#28397 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“We should pool our resources and bring these designs to completion!! A tribute to Barry O!”

No need to go there. I have a clutter of semi-complete CAD files that Barry and I worked on together from the Heighway days. If anyone is in a position to potentially bring out a tribute in some form of another (not necessarily physical), it would most likely be me. Besides, Barry's name should be on Queen when that gets released.

#28398 2 years ago

benheck so how much design ripoff did brimstone actually achieve?
[quoted image]

Oh cock all this noise. Where *is* Food Truck anyway amongst that lot?

#28399 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bible Adventures was always just a concept. We had discussed rules more than layout.
John stole the idea from me first. We found a "creationpinball.com" among his many registered URLs of BS.
I had a short meeting with Robert at TPF 2015 (this was after the first Spooky meeting and before we said no) We are discussing ideas, and I bring up Bible Adventures.
His eyes lit up. Big as saucers. "Yes! I love it! We'll call it FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!" and I'm like "That's not a very good name"
"It's a great idea! Well, I'm divorcing my wife because she got too ugly and I need to go meet my online dating match. Goodbye!" (I shit you not this actually happened)

Do your JPop impression again, that always raises a larf.

#28400 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Oh cock all this noise. Where *is* Food Truck anyway amongst that lot?

No evidence of the whitewood whose photos I shared however long ago. Means there's either more lots to come, it hit the dumpster, or someone else already walked off with it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 568 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/568?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.