View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 672.
#28151 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Unrelated to pinball (although not something that would surprise me at the "Worldwide Headquarters at DEEPDOO") I'm curious what this is. I'm guessing a telescoping roller table but I've never seen one like this.
[quoted image]

NEW, Never used!! Bid with confidence!!

#28152 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

Unrelated to pinball (although not something that would surprise me at the "Worldwide Headquarters at DEEPDOO") I'm curious what this is. I'm guessing a telescoping roller table but I've never seen one like this.
[quoted image]

source of this pic?

#28153 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

source of this pic?

It can be seen here about halfway down the page: https://mtdauctions.com/auctions/

But I'm not sure it has anything to do with Fat Robert

#28154 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

[quoted image]

Typically used at a receiving dock - one end is attached to a fixed conveyor, and the other end can be dragged out to the back of a UPS truck. The UPS guys load the conveyor and you push your packages to be sorted, etc.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#28155 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

[quoted image]

thought it would have 8 legs on each side...

#28156 2 years ago
Quoted from LeonSpinkx:

[quoted image]

Found it googling "BestFlex roller" or "BestFlex conveyor"

#28157 2 years ago

The deeproot auctioneer currently has one active online auction (https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/catalog/347643/mel-davis-auctions-231---antiques--furniture--artwork--tools/?ipp=100) and and archive of 43 (https://mtdauctions.hibid.com/auctions/past/). The active one runs for 10 days and has 241 lots with photos and public (though anonymous) individual bids.

Hopefully this is the way they do all auctions and deeproot will receive the same treatment (it could help them recoup the most value for creditors!). If they do, we should be in line for a lot of interesting content and maybe intrigue.

#28158 2 years ago

This could end up being more fun than the Banning pinball auction…

#28159 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

This could end up being more fun than the Banning pinball auction…

With higher total sales!

#28160 2 years ago

If I was local, I'd try to pick up one of the infamous octo manufacturing work benches from Harbor Freight. Other than that... Idk.. JPop's foam core cutting tools?

#28161 2 years ago

It's funny to me that all the "pinball celebrities" that worked there have found new work, except one person.

#28162 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's funny to me that all the "pinball celebrities" that worked there have found new work, except one person.

Did Jon Norris end up somewhere?

#28163 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Did Jon Norris end up somewhere?

Not that I've seen. And I've seen him reaching out to ballarama

#28164 2 years ago

the intrigue of what may be discovered. Maybe a 10’ portrait of R.M. Esquire to hang over your fireplace?

#28165 2 years ago

I'm hoping for logo'd stationary, or the like, at this point... Think that they had company coffee mugs made?

#28166 2 years ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'm hoping for logo'd stationary, or the like, at this point... Think that they had company coffee mugs made?

maybe they'll find a box with all the hammer tested tshirts we were promised!

#28167 2 years ago

I was late to the game, so this is the first I've heard of this... They claimed that their T-shirts were tested with hammers??

Update: Got it, because of the hammer-tested clear coat. Sorry for the naivete... *womp womp*

#28168 2 years ago

Of all the broken Deep Root promises, the never-produced "free t-shirts" mocking those of us who dared question their miracle clear coat has got to cut the deepest.*

(*I mean for those of us who didn't lose thousands of dollars)

#28169 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of all the broken Deep Root promises, the never-produced "free t-shirts" mocking those of us who dared question their miracle clear coat has got to cut the deepest.*
(*I mean for those of us who didn't lose thousands of dollars)

Should we make "Slammer Tested" shirts instead?

#28170 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

the intrigue of what may be discovered. Maybe a 10’ portrait of R.M. Esquire to hang over your fireplace?

That just screams for someone to do some art nouveau crap to it.....like drawing on it with their own feces.

#28171 2 years ago

Can’t wait to buy my RAZA! Not long now.

08C902E9-FA7D-4F7E-A69D-7F92CEA38338 (resized).jpeg08C902E9-FA7D-4F7E-A69D-7F92CEA38338 (resized).jpeg
#28172 2 years ago

Is today the day we finally see the responses?

#28173 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Is today the day we finally see the responses?

Good call. Today is the current / latest deadline. So my guess would be no. But hopefully yes.

#28174 2 years ago

They have until the end of the day to file for an extension

#28175 2 years ago

Not that I've seen. And I've seen him reaching out to ballarama

The Ballarama gig isn’t happening. I’m still looking for work.

#28176 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Just curious, care to give an estimated % completion on the different projects you had at deeproot? Hopefully you're able to salvage some of that work and get paid elsewhere. Best of luck.

#28177 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Hope you find it, Jon. And I'd say a blessing in disguise avoiding ballarama. Can't say I can recall a more delusional looking outfit. Though I suppose if it's just a paycheck and they pay it, it's something. But that's an empire state building sized if.

#28178 2 years ago

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. Only way to be sure.

GreatwichJohn starts making excuses not to like Paul Reiser's character....

#28179 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. Only way to be sure.
GreatwichJohn starts making excuses not to like Paul Reiser's character....

Clearly, we are dealing with a very important pinball IP here, and I don't think any of us can choose just to wipe it out forever

#28180 2 years ago

"WRONG!"

#28181 2 years ago

Lots of stuff to come out. People were working on their projects there for years. Hopefully the good stuff moves along to another manufacturer that will actual produce them. I continue to reach out to those interested in manufacturing pinball games.

#28182 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Lots of stuff to come out. People were working on their projects there for years. Hopefully the good stuff moves along to another manufacturer that will actual produce them. I continue to reach out to those interested in manufacturing pinball games.

Do you think you'll be placing bids yourself?

#28183 2 years ago

No, but likely a few parties I know might be interested. Might be years before the real back story unfolds.

#28184 2 years ago

Greatwich, ever hear of things called "patterns"?

Zidware, Pintasia, AP and now derpRoot... It's almost as if the universe is telling us something... that these Jpoop games are NEVER MEANT TO BE MADE!

#28185 2 years ago

But yet….

EADB6F9A-8535-49B4-A1F5-C38417FAF191 (resized).jpegEADB6F9A-8535-49B4-A1F5-C38417FAF191 (resized).jpeg
#28186 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Should we make "Slammer Tested" shirts instead?

Wouldn't mind bidding on that hammer

No, but likely a few parties I know might be interested. Might be years before the real back story unfolds.

Wait, there an even more real/shocking back story to come. Hell YES! Spill the beans buddy!

#28187 2 years ago
Quoted from SpecTrader:

But yet….
[quoted image]

Yet what? That's a pretty turd.

#28188 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yet what? That's a pretty turd.

People fixed it.

#28189 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

People fixed it.

Then maybe "those people" should be getting production deals, instead of talentless hippies.

#28190 2 years ago

There is things I know, & not allowed to spill the beans! Lots to learn the last 10 years with pinball manufacturing, winners & losers, & those that got another life line.

#28191 2 years ago

Just got notifications of new filings in the SEC case. "Answer to complaint." Have to jump on a meeting though so won't be able to grab for a while. So go get em if you want em!

#28192 2 years ago

There is things I know, & not allowed to spill the beans! Lots to learn the last 10 years with pinball manufacturing, winners & losers, & those that got another life line.

Will there be any new manufactures that produce games this year?

#28193 2 years ago

Summary of "ANSWER to Complaint by Belinda G Breen.(Snyder, Edward)" and "ANSWER to Complaint by Jeffrey L Mueller.(Snyder, Edward)."

I believe that this Robert's dad & stepmom?

"The Relief Defendants do not have knowledge of or sufficient information to affirm or deny the allegations of Paragraph 1 of the Complaint, and therefore Deny said allegations". Repeat for 12 pages.

It's entirely possible that this is true -- they received a small amount of money to help buy a condo in Hawaii, etc.

Summary of "ANSWER to 1 Complaint with Jury Demand by Robert J Mueller.(Hulings, Harry)"

"Mr. Mueller asserts his rights against self-incrimination pursuant to the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution with respect to the allegations in Paragraph 1". Repeat for 15 pages.

At the end "Subject to Mr. Mueller’s Motion to Stay and the filing of any subsequent motion, Mr. Mueller also demands a jury trial."

So -- this is just a ploy to drag things out since a jury trial takes a lot longer to plan for on the prosecution side, etc.

Also! What is today?

Today is the end of Robert's ability to pull money out of his companies for living expenses. Wonder if he got a job yet?pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#28194 2 years ago

Oh baby, I just read the Bobby answer and it is great!

15 pages of dozens upon dozens of fifth amendment rights assertions capped off with a demand for trial by jury.

And don't forget: this answer comes after requesting and being granted several extensions because Bobby's lawyers were making such good progress toward a settlement with the SEC lawyers. Given Bobby's prestigious law background, I have to assume this is a foolproof strategy to set yourself up for leniency when/if it comes to sentencing.

#28195 2 years ago

And now we think back to earlier filings where the lawyers were saying Bobby was unfairly being put between a rock and a hard place, deciding between being screwed in different ways for taking the fifth vs. not. I'm grateful he can stop stressing over that now.

#28196 2 years ago

Oh baby, I just read the Bobby answer and it is great!
15 pages of dozens upon dozens of fifth amendment rights assertions capped off with a demand for trial by jury.
And don't forget: this answer comes after requesting and being granted several extensions because Bobby's lawyers were making such good progress toward a settlement with the SEC lawyers. Given Bobby's prestigious law background, I have to assume this is a foolproof strategy to set yourself up for leniency when/if it comes to sentencing.

Lol, what a joke. Did we really expect to see a well developed and detailed response?

The tactic of the day is delay, delay, delay.

#28197 2 years ago

Hope you find it, Jon. And I'd say a blessing in disguise avoiding ballarama. Can't say I can recall a more delusional looking outfit. Though I suppose if it's just a paycheck and they pay it, it's something. But that's an empire state building sized if.

Ballarama sent me a scary NDA that made Robert's NDA look tame. No Thanks!

#28198 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballguru:

Ballarama sent me a scary NDA that made Robert's NDA look tame. No Thanks!

Lol. Would love them to send me that.

#28199 2 years ago
Quoted from TAVsPlace:

Will there be any new manufactures that produce games this year?

Greatwichjohn:

Screenshot_20220215-014912_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220215-014912_Chrome (resized).jpg
#28200 2 years ago

Why is it every half wit nut job and cheap, dime store con man that comes in here and touts the magic of jpop and others ALWAYS starts out with, I know things and I can’t tell.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 564 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/564 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.