Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 672.
#27601 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Some guidelines on deadline extension requests:
https://www.lexisnexis.com/authorcenter/the-journal/b/pa/posts/seeking-time-extensions-in-litigation#:~:text=With%20some%20exceptions%2C%20Rule%206,extension%20and%20show%20excusable%20neglect.
I don't see anything about hard limits on the number of times a deadline can be pushed back.
However, if a judge feels someone is wasting the court's time, the hammer will probably come down on that behavior.

From a Constitutional perspective, there is, theoretically, no limit to the number of extensions potentially available in a civil action, like a bankruptcy. In contrast, criminal defendants have a Constitutional right to a speedy trial and an inordinate delay can jeopardize that fundamental right. Civil litigants have no such overarching right.

#27602 2 years ago
Quoted from ufotofu:I'd expect Robert to continue kicking the can down the road until February 13, 2022 at the earliest- since the motion allowing him to use his stolen money to pay living expenses and criminal defense attorneys expires on that date. At which point, expect him to file a motion asking the court for an extension, if there's any left. Rinse and repeat until it's all gone.

I'm sure you're right. Straight out of the Roy Cohn playbook.

#27603 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

Are these 74 paying customers or it also includes Zidware claimants that were promised a machine?

Yes.

#27604 2 years ago

What a flop!

Spooky started with only 40k and the "stay in business" cutoff for AMH was 100 units. (that's why we set the hard limit at 50% past it)

Deeproot is so many levels of unimaginable failure.

#27605 2 years ago

I'm still here if anyone wants to ridicule me. Doesn't really bother me. I wanted a neat looking pinball machine so I bought one. Got my money back and all it cost me was time and headaches. The people who should be getting dragged are the criminals and negligent individuals who screwed over a bunch of retirees, employees, hobbyists, etc.

#27606 2 years ago

Trustee submits application for hiring legal firm to assist in dealing with Robert's anticipated shit show bankruptcy filings

5e5de4ae-c402-4cbd-8828-73f044f08a4f.pdf5e5de4ae-c402-4cbd-8828-73f044f08a4f.pdf
#27607 2 years ago

Ho ho ho, more bankruptcy legal mumbo jumbo potpourri.

Of note:

Extension request granted with new Jan 6 deadline.

Meeting of creditors scheduled for Jan 28. Assuming this will be more interesting hearing to e-attend?

1116f730-0e39-4fea-81dc-b2556803798f.pdf1116f730-0e39-4fea-81dc-b2556803798f.pdf45c9b5e6-54fb-405c-b3e7-7375eaf18ab9.pdf45c9b5e6-54fb-405c-b3e7-7375eaf18ab9.pdf637be8b6-c6e3-4b8e-b76b-13cc68c98484.pdf637be8b6-c6e3-4b8e-b76b-13cc68c98484.pdf7803059a-6505-47f2-b32d-b667f84de6af.pdf7803059a-6505-47f2-b32d-b667f84de6af.pdf8f343fbb-b6b7-4a9d-b2d1-eec50a68d68b.pdf8f343fbb-b6b7-4a9d-b2d1-eec50a68d68b.pdf
#27608 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm still here if anyone wants to ridicule me. Doesn't really bother me. I wanted a neat looking pinball machine so I bought one. Got my money back and all it cost me was time and headaches. The people who should be getting dragged are the criminals and negligent individuals who screwed over a bunch of retirees, employees, hobbyists, etc.

Negligent is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

#27609 2 years ago

I may have a bluegasm reading thru the new filings tonight.

#27610 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I may have a bluegasm reading thru the new filings tonight.

Set your expectations low

#27611 2 years ago

The short takeaway of any of these legal documents: your honor, I have a college degree and I'll speak like it's 1776 to prove it.

#27612 2 years ago

I'm sure even the clerk having to type all this stuff up is like come on deep root in lowercase. I'm sure they have to go back and redo it thinking it should be uppercase like normal people would spell their company name

#27613 2 years ago

not even a little bit, no. “Ignorant” would be closer, but that’s not what I said.

Quoted from davjoszie:

Negligent is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

#27614 2 years ago

The thing about NashtyFunk was that I always saw him as being a realist. He wasn't hyping the game in any way, he certainly wasn't suggesting anyone else should jump on board or continue on the train. I would have to re-read his posts but I always got the impression that 1) he was fairly new (meaning he didn't have a lot of the history), 2) he bought the game because he thought the game looked great and would be fun to play 3) he figured the risk was more about when than and if and 4) he was emotionally and financially prepared to take the hit if things didn't work out.

There were some pre-order people who constatnly told people everything is fine, don't believe the haters and who acted as though they had insider info to support their positions. These few potentially caused other pre-order people to hold on to the bitter end and are more deserving of scorn...NashtyFunk was not one of those people.

#27615 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Trustee submits application for hiring legal firm to assist in dealing with Robert's anticipated shit show bankruptcy filings
[quoted image]

No doubt, they plan on using the quad or octo lawyer defense strategy.

#27616 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

There were some pre-order people who constatnly told people everything is fine, don't believe the haters and who acted as though they had insider info to support their positions. These few potentially caused other pre-order people to hold on to the bitter end and are more deserving of scorn.

This...I won't forget.

#27617 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

This...I won't forget.

And there were at least two who bitterly clung onto the hope that if they continued to blow the trumpets of praise well after all was known they might be the ones to posses one of the partially completed machines. That is the level of selfishness one should never forget…

#27618 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

The thing about NashtyFunk was that I always saw him as being a realist. He wasn't hyping the game in any way, he certainly wasn't suggesting anyone else should jump on board or continue on the train. I would have to re-read his posts but I always got the impression that 1) he was fairly new (meaning he didn't have a lot of the history), 2) he bought the game because he thought the game looked great and would be fun to play 3) he figured the risk was more about when than and if and 4) he was emotionally and financially prepared to take the hit if things didn't work out.
There were some pre-order people who constatnly told people everything is fine, don't believe the haters and who acted as though they had insider info to support their positions. These few potentially caused other pre-order people to hold on to the bitter end and are more deserving of scorn...NashtyFunk was not one of those people.

%

#27619 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm sure even the clerk having to type all this stuff up is like" Come on, deeproot in lowercase?" I'm sure they have to go back and redo it thinking it should be uppercase like normal people would spell their company name

#27620 2 years ago

How is he paying the lawyers?

#27621 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

And there were at least two who bitterly clung onto the hope that if they continued to blow the trumpets of praise well after all was known they might be the ones to posses one of the partially completed machines. That is the level of selfishness one should never forget…

Ah yes, I think one may have been yellow and one may have had horns. If I recall.

#27622 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Non-refundable pre-order.

#27623 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Non-refundable pre-order.

This post is a Christmas gift! Well done!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#27624 2 years ago

The less funny but more true answer is that he was granted many tens of thousands (or maybe more than one hundred thousand?) of dollars from the frozen accounts to hire lawyers. However, seeing that his representation has changed over the course of the filings, it would appear not enough to keep paying for as fancy ones.

On a more festive note, Robert promised to eliminate many common headaches associated with owning and maintaining pinball machines for deeproot customers. And he did. Merry Christmas. Mission accomplished.

#27625 2 years ago

The less funny but more true answer is that he was granted many tens of thousands (or maybe more than one hundred thousand?) of dollars from the frozen accounts to hire lawyers. However, seeing that his representation has changed over the course of the filings, it would appear not enough to keep paying for as fancy ones.
On a more festive note, Robert promised to eliminate many common headaches associated with owning and maintaining pinball machines for deeproot customers. And he did. Merry Christmas. Mission accomplished.

Really, we got to see every inch of the Total Pinball Ownership Experience, save for actually owning the pinball machine. And it was glorious.

Hopefully someone will pick up the pieces and make the experience - From Pinpod to $1500 annual warranty service contract - a complete reality.

#27626 2 years ago

Not a single deeproot customer has had to endure the maddening indignity of pressing physical buttons to change machine settings (the learning process for which has become my own waking nightmare as I struggle to try to even enjoy my first machine, Stern's shitty Godzilla).

Not a single deeproot customer has experienced playfield cratering or chipping, or had to cash in the ten-year warranty.

Not a single deeproot customer has suffered static scoring.

Not a single deeproot customer has had to break down a cardboard box and carry it all the way to the recycling dumpster.

In hindsight, when you look at it in a certain way, deeproot is batting 1.000.

#27627 2 years ago

The less funny but more true answer is that he was granted many tens of thousands (or maybe more than one hundred thousand?) of dollars from the frozen accounts to hire lawyers.

Lawyers gotta make their money!

#27628 2 years ago

I wonder what a hawaii condo will earn after lawyer fees

#27629 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Little old ladies

#27630 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I wonder what a hawaii condo will earn after lawyer fees

I was walking around the city yesterday and saw a sign for the state of Hawaii bankruptcy court. I know it won't happen, but it would be sweet if for some jurisdictional reason I get the chance for some in-person entertainment here.

#27631 2 years ago

Santa delivered more documents of justice yesterday.

Debtor filing deadline extended to Jan 6

Meeting of creditors scheduled for Jan 28

Deadline for creditors to file claims set for 3/22

If you know anyone listed on bypassed recipients list give them a heads up to file as their address on file may have been undeliverable.

22640369-7e4d-4ab8-abd5-1657371452d0.pdf22640369-7e4d-4ab8-abd5-1657371452d0.pdf426c32a8-ea3a-4430-8188-af39931e1707.pdf426c32a8-ea3a-4430-8188-af39931e1707.pdfe52da07e-5a96-4bea-b6ec-02c080ace175.pdfe52da07e-5a96-4bea-b6ec-02c080ace175.pdf
#27632 2 years ago

If you know anyone listed on bypassed recipients list give them a heads up to file as their address on file may have been undeliverable.

He has me blocked.

#27633 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

He has me blocked.

who?

#27636 2 years ago

Lol, no way. He's known what's been going on with dr for years.

#27637 2 years ago

I really hope Iceman doesn't get one of the 2 working units in the fire sale.

That would be sweet Texas Justice!

#27638 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I really hope Iceman doesn't get one of the 2 working units in the fire sale.
That would be sweet Texas Justice!

"working"

#27639 2 years ago

I could see a production fail but to have spent that much and barely have 2 working games? Embarrassing.

#27640 2 years ago

What are the odds the working prototypes need to occasionally phone home to deeproot servers and are totally worthless now.

#27641 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What are the odds the working prototypes need to occasionally phone home to deeproot servers and are totally worthless now.

I'm guessing if you have the funds to buy a deeproot pinball machine, you have the funds to hire a programmer to disable any phoning home, maybe even re-code the game from scratch.

Pinballnews says it runs on a unity based framework. Without seeing code it's hard to tell, but since mission pinball supports unity (and I'm guessing it being a prototype it probably isn't locked down code), it might not be so difficult. Just look what those guys in amsterdam managed to do with magic girl.

#27642 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm guessing if you have the funds to buy a deeproot pinball machine, you have the funds to hire a programmer to disable any phoning home, maybe even re-code the game from scratch.
Pinballnews says it runs on a unity based framework. Without seeing code it's hard to tell, but since mission pinball supports unity (and I'm guessing it being a prototype it probably isn't locked down code), it might not be so difficult. Just look what those guys in amsterdam managed to do with magic girl.

I still think it’s a huge risk buying of these prototypes. Who knows if the pinbar has a custom firmware, or if there is any compiled code that you don’t get the source code for. I’d image these machines were not just plug and play and required the engineers hands on to get them to boot for those demonstrations. There is a good chance you are buying a very limited functionality machine.

#27643 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Great minds. I was literally going to ask the same thing.

Prototype desiring individuals may want to proactively monitor the registration expiration of pinacess.com.

#27644 2 years ago

Not sure why everybody insists there exists "working" prototypes.

If I'm correct, these machines were NOT working when presented to the pinball media elite back in 2020.

If they couldn't get these to work at Deep Root central, I think your chances of taking them home and firing them up and plunging a ball are fairly slim.

#27645 2 years ago

They do work. They were available to the public to play for a weekend while doing testing.

I’m not saying the game is good or reliable, but there’s plenty of footage of working RAZAs

#27646 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They do work. They were available to the public to play for a weekend while doing testing.
I’m not saying the game is good or reliable, but there’s plenty of footage of working RAZAs

Pinbar (tm) equipped, or the earlier version that was shown at the Houston show?

I don't think the public ever got to leave its disgusting, grubby fingerprints and chicken wing scum on a working pinbar.

#27647 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinbar (tm) equipped, or the earlier version that was shown at the Houston show?
I don't think the public ever got to leave its disgusting, grubby fingerprints and chicken wing scum on a working pinbar.

It was at a San Antonio coffee shop. It’s probably a key post.

#27648 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

CAC1A78B-962B-4E5E-9C59-03BE83CF9E5C (resized).jpegCAC1A78B-962B-4E5E-9C59-03BE83CF9E5C (resized).jpeg
#27649 2 years ago

So....anyone find a Bally Bigfoot yet?

#27650 2 years ago

Interesting looking through the vast amount of creditors that got screwed by Robert, I was a little surprised to see GUNN, LEE, CAVE law firm on there. IP lawyers. I’ve known one of the name partners Ted Lee for 30 yrs. Very reputable firm.

They were there from day one with DR and Robert, Bill and Pintasia would know them well.

And they were the “cease and desist” hammers. His buddy from St Marys, Jason McKinnie, a younger lawyer, was the one who gave me “courtesy calls” anytime I posted something negative about Robert and his prior history on Pinside, like many others Robert threatened.

His firm had to have billed DR a fortune over the years. Now they are creditors?

I got be friends with the guy and sent a couple of clients his way. Sure didn’t act like there was anything wrong with DR right up to the shutdown. Appears they got duped as well. You don’t just represent clients for $$$ who you are knowingly committing fraud. Well some lawyers might but not these guys.

I get no reply from him now since the SEC hammer came down. Can’t say i blame him

I wonder if they are investigating any other potential co-conspirators to this massive fraud?

The creditor hearing should be interesting

Robert doesn’t strike me as a guy that has an ounce of shame or remorse. He was selling “life settlements” right before this move

All that $$ spent, all those people involved and not one game out the door. Amazing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/553?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.