Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 672.
#27051 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert briefly had a minor league soccer team and was trying to get a MLS club started.

He sponsored one

#27052 2 years ago

If $1.5 million gets you 10 years, what does $60 million get you?

#27053 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I think whatever it is, theres probably a mode in Bible Adventures named after it. Lots of red and orange “lighting effects.”

#27054 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert briefly had a minor league soccer team and was trying to get a MLS club started.

20211116_162557 (resized).jpg20211116_162557 (resized).jpg
#27055 2 years ago

J-Pop on a Crucifix bash toy?

Quoted from JStoltz:

I think whatever it is, theres probably a mode in Bible Adventures named after it. Lots of red and orange “lighting effects.”

#27056 2 years ago
Quoted from Bam_Man:

[quoted image]

Nice. Did you ebay this?

#27057 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

This guy was convicted of wire fraud and felon with gun, which alone could possibly be up to ten. 15 mandatory minimum if he was a 3 time loser with gun, I believe. The guidelines get meaty after the first conviction. Judge might have had to sentenced consecutively to reach the 10 years. But the judge and US attorney sure took this guy seriously.

Robert's base charge of the 60 million is level 22. When I first added up the levels I forgot to include to start with level 6. So its actually level 28. And then 6 more levels for the amount of victims to level 34. So it's an offense for 151 to 188 months for the 60 million. (25 million up to 65 million for level 28)

If he pleads guilty he gets 2 levels down to 121 to 151 months. They could stack charges of wire fraud and money laundering and tell him he's gonna get 30 years if he goes to trial and judge sentences offenses to be served consecutively. I'm guessing he's staring at 121 to 151 for a first conviction if he pleads. If not, they get real mad for wasting their time. And Everyone hates an elderly thief.

#27058 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

This guy was convicted of wire fraud and felon with gun, which alone could possibly be up to ten. 15 mandatory minimum if he was a 3 time loser with gun, I believe. The guidelines get meaty after the first conviction. Judge might have had to sentenced consecutively to reach the 10 years. But the judge and US attorney sure took this guy seriously.
Robert's base charge of the 60 million is level 22. When I first added up the levels I forgot to include to start with level 6. So its actually level 28. And then 6 more levels for the amount of victims to level 34. So it's an offense for 151 to 188 months for the 60 million. (25 million up to 65 million for level 28)
If he pleads guilty he gets 2 levels down to 121 to 151 months. They could stack charges of wire fraud and money laundering and tell him he's gonna get 30 years if he goes to trial and judge sentences offenses to be served consecutively. I'm guessing he's staring at 121 to 151 for a first conviction if he pleads. If not, they get real mad for wasting their time. And Everyone hates an elderly thief.

Practicing sentencing without a license, I see

#27059 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Practicing sentencing without a license, I see

Its pretty damn simple as you can see. And I f'd it up. Forgot the first part which says start at level 6 or 7. It could be assumed I'm in a constant state of short term memory loss.

#27060 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Well he is also a convicted felon with a firearm,I bet a good portion of the sentence is due to that.

#27061 2 years ago

Nice. Did you ebay this?

Yea. Thought it would be funny for league nights.

#27062 2 years ago

We should start a pool for sentencing.

Gambling without a license.

#27063 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Deeproot Sports and Entertainment? Did I miss that from before?
What was that supposed to be?

Probably the box seats at the Utah jazz game my family sat in. Robert gave the tickets to employees

#27064 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

“Stay out of it, Ben!”

#27065 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Put me down for 25 years

#27066 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Mueller and the Brownnosers

Quoted from littlecammi:

That sounds like a band name for the next music pin.

Nah, it's a Hanna-Barbera series from around 1973.

#27067 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Better lawyers

#27068 2 years ago

Copying Space Cadet Pinball off Windows '95 and making that a 'selling point' is, to coin a phrase from Yahtzee Croshaw, when all the ideas people have gone home and you so cannot be arsed that your arse occupied a different plane of existence.

#27069 2 years ago

Happy Wednesday.

DEEPROOT LIFE
The first year was actually really great. And there were lots of high points between some of the lows in the following years.

The biggest part of the delays was absolutely the engineering. Robert had a grand idea of what “every” deeproot pinball machine should have feature wise. So most/all the times and delays were spent on the engineering and software in that respect. Little work was actually done on game design and custom mechs in comparison.

Robert wanted to get the pinball machines THX certified just so it could have the THX sound effect thing on startup. When THX was contacted, they practically laughed at us lol but they respectfully and rightfully said “sorry, pay us $12k+ and we might think about it.” Robert was told if he really cares that much about the audio he could just make up his own “deeproot audio” standard and it can be whatever he wants it to be. He wasn’t happy about it but that’s basically what he got. Little things like this are the types of wishes/compromises that could be done with Robert.

A lot of guys tried really hard to make things happen and pushed really hard against the will of Robert to get him to compromise on design aspects. Many many times over the years. Not just him but his second and third in command (Robert's buddies who licked the floor where Robert stepped). Craig was the engineering manager and Sean did… well he was a glorified janitor in charge of facilities and gave Robert terrible ideas about how to manufacture a pinball machine.

When we were at Houston, most of us knew this would likely be the culmination of everything and deeproot would never make any real public appearance after. I really enjoyed the Houston show and interacting with all the players.

After Houston we begged Robert to let us polish that machine and sell it as is. He wouldn’t have any of it. Even Jpop was one of the loudest voices in trying to just get RAZA released in a more basic/traditional form (no pinbar, no fancy backbox, etc). But Robert would have none of it. Most of the engineering for the pinbar, lift mech, and backbox was scrapped and redone from scratch after Houston. The wraparound art wasn’t even a thing until Jan 2020.

The deeproot 6 was about as much of a dumpster fire as expected. I remember when they were building the “auditorium” Sean being told it was a waste of money and getting a “mind your own business” feedback from him. That auditorium was supposed to be ready for the March reveal but COVID saved them on that one. Think about how many months between the supposed March release and the deeproot 6 and think about how terrible it would have been in March.

In the last 1 - 1.5 years we barely even saw Robert since I assume he was scared to show his face after missing so many paychecks. Before the first missed paychecks he would stop by a couple times a week to see progress/updates. I stuck it out as much as I could trying to make it work but eventually threw in the towel. I will say when I saw them put the machines up for sale in December I was impressed and thought it might work out but as soon as more delays happened I knew it was done.

If deeproot would have just kept things small and waited for all the R&D to be completed before moving into the huge building and scaling up, I think things would be way different. Heck, even just making Utah not a thing, things would have been way different.

Ultimately, Robert was too naive to realize he isn’t Elon Musk and they weren't engineers at SpaceX. He wanted too much too fast, and he made too many claims that pissed off not only the public but his employees too.

Most people were too afraid to say anything because Robert is intimidating and most people knew they weren’t really needed but wanted to keep collecting the paychecks (when they came). He mostly just made people fear him because “he’s a lawyer with fuck you money” and if he would throw money away with pinball imagine what he would do in a lawsuit. So we all stayed quiet until now lol

When the story of the SEC stuff came out my jaw dropped, but as I thought about it for a couple more seconds a lot more things made sense. I just hope Robert gets what he has coming to him because it’s all 1000% self inflicted and preventable. He legitimately had a chance to make a real pinball company but thought he could be Elon Musk.

I’m still going to probably keep a few things such as a couple never mentioned licensed themes under wraps. Mainly because there are other parties besides deeproot that would probably want to keep that information to themselves. But I will say jpop was working on a theme that I thought was the best theme out of the 10000 Robert wanted to do. I’m definitely pretty bummed that one won’t see the light of day. But hopefully the licenser goes to another pinball company and gets it done. I’m sure any of the many talented designers could make a really nice machine around this theme.

FACILITIES + MANUFACTURING
There was a second building next door that was rented to do some of the heavy machinery stuff. I think the issue was that a lot of the bigger equipment couldn’t fit into the big building and the owner wouldn’t let them take down any walls in order to fit the machinery inside. So the final call was to rent a building next door. I think this was specifically equipment for cutting and sanding playfields. Possibly cabinet pieces too.

We did have the “heavy machinery” area in the main building but since it was right next to the big receiving doors, I don’t think it would have worked long term as they needed to make that space into storage. That’s also why they were trying to make a new receiving door elsewhere in the building but the building owner wouldn’t allow it.

Pretty much everything about the building was a cluster. Probably 2nd biggest mistake was getting that building. If anything, the smaller 2nd building next door would have been a perfect stepping stone from the small office they were working out of initially to get things rolling.

As for quad/octo manufacturing, they talked about that from very early on. It’s pretty obvious now that trying to train low wage unskilled workers to effectively assemble an entire pinball machine from almost start to finish was never going to work. But I think the idea was that we would have ready to go sub assemblies and sub assembly stations, so that the “quad/octo” manufacturing would take mostly ready to go pieces of the machine and slap it together. Something that is certainly much easier said than done. And I think the premise of that entirely is to be able to more easily assemble different machines.

There’s probably more to it than that and I might have missed a few details. But that’s the long and short of octo manufacturing. Oh and quad/octo means 4-8 people working at one station assembling a single pinball machine… I think. Seems like limiting themselves to 4-8 stations is not a great idea but it could have stood for that. Who really knows.

#27070 2 years ago

Happy Wednesday.
DEEPROOT LIFE
The first year was actually really great. And there were lots of high points between some of the lows in the following years.
The biggest part of the delays was absolutely the engineering. Robert had a grand idea of what “every” deeproot pinball machine should have feature wise. So most/all the times and delays were spent on the engineering and software in that respect. Little work was actually done on game design and custom mechs in comparison.
Robert wanted to get the pinball machines THX certified just so it could have the THX sound effect thing on startup. When THX was contacted, they practically laughed at us lol but they respectfully and rightfully said “sorry, pay us $12k+ and we might think about it.” Robert was told if he really cares that much about the audio he could just make up his own “deeproot audio” standard and it can be whatever he wants it to be. He wasn’t happy about it but that’s basically what he got. Little things like this are the types of wishes/compromises that could be done with Robert.
A lot of guys tried really hard to make things happen and pushed really hard against the will of Robert to get him to compromise on design aspects. Many many times over the years. Not just him but his second and third in command (Robert's buddies who licked the floor where Robert stepped). Craig was the engineering manager and Sean did… well he was a glorified janitor in charge of facilities and gave Robert terrible ideas about how to manufacture a pinball machine.
When we were at Houston, most of us knew this would likely be the culmination of everything and deeproot would never make any real public appearance after. I really enjoyed the Houston show and interacting with all the players.
After Houston we begged Robert to let us polish that machine and sell it as is. He wouldn’t have any of it. Even Jpop was one of the loudest voices in trying to just get RAZA released in a more basic/traditional form (no pinbar, no fancy backbox, etc). But Robert would have none of it. Most of the engineering for the pinbar, lift mech, and backbox was scrapped and redone from scratch after Houston. The wraparound art wasn’t even a thing until Jan 2020.
The deeproot 6 was about as much of a dumpster fire as expected. I remember when they were building the “auditorium” Sean being told it was a waste of money and getting a “mind your own business” feedback from him. That auditorium was supposed to be ready for the March reveal but COVID saved them on that one. Think about how many months between the supposed March release and the deeproot 6 and think about how terrible it would have been in March.
In the last 1 - 1.5 years we barely even saw Robert since I assume he was scared to show his face after missing so many paychecks. Before the first missed paychecks he would stop by a couple times a week to see progress/updates. I stuck it out as much as I could trying to make it work but eventually threw in the towel. I will say when I saw them put the machines up for sale in December I was impressed and thought it might work out but as soon as more delays happened I knew it was done.
If deeproot would have just kept things small and waited for all the R&D to be completed before moving into the huge building and scaling up, I think things would be way different. Heck, even just making Utah not a thing, things would have been way different.
Ultimately, Robert was too naive to realize he isn’t Elon Musk and they weren't engineers at SpaceX. He wanted too much too fast, and he made too many claims that pissed off not only the public but his employees too.
Most people were too afraid to say anything because Robert is intimidating and most people knew they weren’t really needed but wanted to keep collecting the paychecks (when they came). He mostly just made people fear him because “he’s a lawyer with fuck you money” and if he would throw money away with pinball imagine what he would do in a lawsuit. So we all stayed quiet until now lol
When the story of the SEC stuff came out my jaw dropped, but as I thought about it for a couple more seconds a lot more things made sense. I just hope Robert gets what he has coming to him because it’s all 1000% self inflicted and preventable. He legitimately had a chance to make a real pinball company but thought he could be Elon Musk.
I’m still going to probably keep a few things such as a couple never mentioned licensed themes under wraps. Mainly because there are other parties besides deeproot that would probably want to keep that information to themselves. But I will say jpop was working on a theme that I thought was the best theme out of the 10000 Robert wanted to do. I’m definitely pretty bummed that one won’t see the light of day. But hopefully the licenser goes to another pinball company and gets it done. I’m sure any of the many talented designers could make a really nice machine around this theme.
FACILITIES + MANUFACTURING
There was a second building next door that was rented to do some of the heavy machinery stuff. I think the issue was that a lot of the bigger equipment couldn’t fit into the big building and the owner wouldn’t let them take down any walls in order to fit the machinery inside. So the final call was to rent a building next door. I think this was specifically equipment for cutting and sanding playfields. Possibly cabinet pieces too.
We did have the “heavy machinery” area in the main building but since it was right next to the big receiving doors, I don’t think it would have worked long term as they needed to make that space into storage. That’s also why they were trying to make a new receiving door elsewhere in the building but the building owner wouldn’t allow it.
Pretty much everything about the building was a cluster. Probably 2nd biggest mistake was getting that building. If anything, the smaller 2nd building next door would have been a perfect stepping stone from the small office they were working out of initially to get things rolling.
As for quad/octo manufacturing, they talked about that from very early on. It’s pretty obvious now that trying to train low wage unskilled workers to effectively assemble an entire pinball machine from almost start to finish was never going to work. But I think the idea was that we would have ready to go sub assemblies and sub assembly stations, so that the “quad/octo” manufacturing would take mostly ready to go pieces of the machine and slap it together. Something that is certainly much easier said than done. And I think the premise of that entirely is to be able to more easily assemble different machines.
There’s probably more to it than that and I might have missed a few details. But that’s the long and short of octo manufacturing. Oh and quad/octo means 4-8 people working at one station assembling a single pinball machine… I think. Seems like limiting themselves to 4-8 stations is not a great idea but it could have stood for that. Who really knows.

This is all neat to read but it honestly tells us almost zero we didn't already know.

We already knew RAZA was a piece of shit that was beyond saving. I mean...Mueller was right about that. The hilarious part is that he thought another 2 years and the "Pinbar" and fish tank backbox would save it. It still boggles my mind that people actually sent him thousands of dollars so they could buy one of these targets of pointing and laughing and bring it into their homes.

We already knew that Mueller fancied himself as some new icon of new tech/media and labored under delusions of grandeur, thinking he could compete with the likes of Pixar and all of our worshipped tech visionaries. We already knew he saw pinball as just one of the building blocks of what would become an all-encompassing media and tech empire.

We already knew the VIP 6 reveal was a complete disaster, and I remember people saying exactly what your Deep Root Throat said - "Holy fuck this is a catastrophe...can you imagine if this had actually happened a year ago? And considering what a mess this clearly is a couple years into this clown show, isn't this pretty much clear that this is and always will be a complete failure?"

We already knew that "Quad manufacturing" was complete made up bullshit just like everything Rob said, though I'd love to hear more about "cross dynamic staffing" and "lean agile manufacturing" and all the other ridiculous buzzword phrases Rob kept barfing up in his bullshit interviews.

We already knew Rob trashed everybody in the industry publicly, embarrassing himself and everybody who worked there and setting this disaster up for the complete and utter humiliation that was finally realized when the SEC came calling.

I guess the only real nugget of new information from this is that Jpop was actually a voice of reason, and that RM really wasn't under his spell at all, he just became someone else to ignore as he flew this plane right into the mountain.

Not to say this isn't interesting to read, but to me, it's really completely fascinating how completely on point and accurate "the haters" were this whole time. Really, step by step, even our grandest proclamations of what a shit show this was actually jibed with reality. Every point and revelation that was made by Deep Root Throat could have an accompanying half-dozen or so posts made by one of us that lines up perfectly with what these employees are saying. It's almost as if we were there; that's how transparent this whole fucking mess was. The only one who couldn't see it was the grand wizard of failure himself, RM.

#27071 2 years ago

Hey now, the THX certification was a new laughable tidbit. THX cert coming after UL/CE certs. Any day now! Then they'll go after a IP68 cert...

#27072 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is all neat to read but it honestly tells us zero we didn't already know.
We already knew RAZA was a piece of shit. I mean...Mueller was right about that. If they'd released it "as is" the pointing and laughing would have set a new Guiness world record.
We already knew that Mueller fancied himself as some new icon of new tech/media and labored under delusions of grandeur, thinking he could compete with the likes of Pixar and all of our worshipped tech visionaries.
We already knew the VIP 6 reveal was a complete disaster, and I remember people saying exactly what your Deep Root Throat said - "Holy fuck this is a catastrophe...can you imagine if this had actually happened a year ago? And considering what a mess this clearly is a couple years into this clown show, isn't this pretty much clear that this is and always will be a complete failure?"
We already knew that "Quad manufacturing" was complete made up bullshit just like everything Rob said, though I'd love to hear more about "cross dynamic staffing" and "lean agile manufacturing" and all the other ridiculous buzzword phrases Rob kept barfing up in his bullshit interviews.
We already knew Rob trashed everybody in the industry publicly, embarrassing himself and everybody who worked there and setting this disaster up for the complete and utter humiliation that was finally realized when the SEC came calling.
Not to say this isn't interesting to read, but to me, it's really completely fascinating how completely on point and accurate "the haters" were this whole time. Really, step by step, even our grandest proclamations of what a shit show this was actually jibed with reality. It's almost as if we were there; that's how transparent this whole fucking mess was. The only one who couldn't see it was the grand wizard of failure himself, RM.

You knew they rented a second building next to their enormous 50,000 sq ft building?

You knew Robert dreamed of "the audience is Pinbarring" bootups?

You knew JPop was a voice of reason AGAINST infinite noodling? etc

It's the color and the details that make the masterpiece. And when the masterpiece is ready, it will be unveiled for everyone to enjoy.

#27073 2 years ago

It's the color and the details that make the masterpiece. And when the masterpiece is ready, it will be unveiled for everyone to enjoy.

Hahahah that's a good point...yes these small details are new. Just saying that - big picture - we knew pretty much everything all along, every step of the way.

And yes I had revised my post to include the stuff about Jpop which I did find interesting for sure. Let's just say I need to release my masterpieces only when they are ready from now on.

#27074 2 years ago

Happy Wednesday.
DEEPROOT LIFE

#27075 2 years ago

You knew they rented a second building next to their enormous 50,000 sq ft building?
You knew Robert dreamed of "the audience is Pinbarring" bootups?
You knew JPop was a voice of reason AGAINST infinite noodling? etc

I am enjoying the minutia. Please keep it coming.

#27076 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Copying Space Cadet Pinball off Windows '95 and making that a 'selling point' is, to coin a phrase from Yahtzee Croshaw, when all the ideas people have gone home and you so cannot be arsed that your arse occupied a different plane of existence.

And what is it when the layout ends up not even matching the original and the game is themed around gladiators instead of outer space?

#27077 2 years ago

And what is it when the layout ends up not even matching the original and the game is themed around gladiators instead of outer space?

Well, except for the ways they are different, they are exactly the same...

#27078 2 years ago

The stupidity of the idea to get cheap labor to assemble these pre-built sub-assemblies can not be ignored. This means Elon Mueller was willing to pay low-wage labor to put together these pre-built assemblies ON TOP OF having to pay actual skilled workers who knew how to put together the sub-assemblies in the first place. Just the whole thing. It is shocking to me that someone who appeared to have his act together could make SO much money, and be so unbelievably stupid in so many areas.

#27079 2 years ago

Evil mirror universe arses with goatees.

#27080 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The stupidity of the idea to get cheap labor to assemble these pre-built sub-assemblies can not be ignored. This means Elon Mueller was willing to pay low-wage labor to put together these pre-built assemblies ON TOP OF having to pay actual skilled workers who knew how to put together the sub-assemblies in the first place. Just the whole thing. It is shocking to me that someone who appeared to have his act together could make SO much money, and be so unbelievably stupid in so many areas.

Total agreement expect with the notion that this guy ever appeared to have his act together.

#27081 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The stupidity of the idea to get cheap labor to assemble these pre-built sub-assemblies can not be ignored.

Part of good engineering is designing things that DON'T required highly skilled labor to assemble them. The lower the skill level required the larger your potential labor force and the less you have to pay them.

It's not that hard to assemble a pinball machine. It takes good documentation and some mechanical aptitude. I could have most people productive on assembly the first day they show up for work.

The challenging part is doing it at scale. Optimizing everything about your operation. That optimization determines your build cost long term.

#27082 2 years ago

Happy Wednesday.
Robert wanted to get the pinball machines THX certified just so it could have the THX sound effect thing on startup.

THE AUDIENCE IS NOW TONE DEAF

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27083 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It is shocking to me that someone who appeared to have his act together could make SO much money

He didn’t make money, he stole money. He lied to retirees telling them they were investing in safe life insurance policies and instead lined his pockets blew the rest pretending to be an executive.

#27084 2 years ago

I find the part about being intimidated by Robert to be fascinating…that’s like being intimidated by Snagglepuss. Sure, it’s the “rich” boss vs. employee dynamic…but he strikes me as a very soft man, easily frightened. Probably what led him to his phony “I’ll threaten you with my money and power” persona.

#27085 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Part of good engineering is designing things that DON'T required highly skilled labor to assemble them. The lower the skill level required the larger your potential labor force and the less you have to pay them.
It's not that hard to assemble a pinball machine. It takes good documentation and some mechanical aptitude. I could have most people productive on assembly the first day they show up for work.
The challenging part is doing it at scale. Optimizing everything about your operation. That optimization determines your build cost long term.

Totally agree - it would seem they failed at this too. The Deeproot way seems to be to add unnecessary steps which would appear to save time on the surface, but ultimately cost double due to the multiple roles required. I guess you get some savings in being able to create the sub-assemblies asynchronously from the actual assembly. But still, does it offset the extra cost?

#27086 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

He didn’t make money, he stole money. He lied to retirees telling them they were investing in safe life insurance policies and instead lined his pockets blew the rest pretending to be an executive.

I was referring to his existing insurance business - didn't he have that going for a decade or so prior to this fiasco?

#27087 2 years ago

Turning on a pinball and hearing the THX logo come on is hilarious. I can totally see rm wanting that.

It's been interesting to hear some counter-jpop stories, of his lowly status there, that he wasn't running the show or doing much of anything except noodling and hoping the pins might come out.

#27088 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Deep Root Throat

I see what you did there...and I like it! Please keep the whistle blowers coming

#27089 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I see what you did there...and I like it! Please keep the whistle blowers coming

Right on. Didn't mean to sound like I didn't appreciate. I'm just surprised by how right we were about everything. Was expecting at least SOME of our shit talk to turn out to be wildly off base.

Nope. It was exactly as incompetent and disastrous as we all said all along.

Bring on the Deep Root Throats!

#27090 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right on. Didn't mean to sound like I didn't appreciate. I'm just surprised by how right we were about everything. Was expecting at least SOME of our shit talk to turn out to be wildly off base.
Nope. It was exactly as incompetent and disastrous as we all said all along.
Bring on the Deep Root Throats!

I really wish a lot of the smuggest of supporters hadn't scurried off into the darkness to pretend nothing ever happened. I'd love to get their feedback on all this stuff. The THX sound lmfao that is so funny

#27091 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is not stupid - this is essentially how most manufacturing is done. It's the same model Stern is using with it's contract labor and most small electronics assembly plants operate.

Manufacturing is about PROCESS and design so unskilled labor can do the work and be scaled out. You don't run your manufacturing lines with your engineers and top people... they design their stuff so it can be put together by people that only know how to follow basic instructions.

You design QA processes and rigs so quality can be verified by process, not necessarily skill, etc.

#27092 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I really wish a lot of the smuggest of supporters hadn't scurried off into the darkness to pretend nothing ever happened. I'd love to get their feedback on all this stuff. The THX sound lmfao that is so funny

The last gasp of the never-dies was one of the Germans offering that "how was this any different than Stern? People preorder those too!"

I think that was pretty much the last we'll hear from them.

#27093 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The last gasp of the never-dies was one of the Germans offering that "how was this any different than Stern? People preorder those too!"
I think that was pretty much the last we'll hear from them.

Never underestimate the Germans, remember what they did at Pearl Harbor. Deeproot isn't over until the Germans says it's over!

#27095 2 years ago

I didn't recall that and I'm the one who posted it. Corroboration!

In fact, I guess I didn't realize that was an actual example of something Robert wanted rather than just the type of thing he would want.

#27097 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only one who couldn't see it was the grand wizard of failure himself, RM.

Yeah, him. But also some in that "other" thread.

#27098 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Hey now, the THX certification was a new laughable tidbit. THX cert coming after UL/CE certs. Any day now! Then they'll go after a IP68 cert...

Sure! What we need is another new version of Seawitch. Nearly waterproof and beach ready!

#27099 2 years ago

Newest filing in the court docket:

Third Party Silicon Drive Office Venture, LLC (“SDOV”), the owner of the building where
Defendant deeproot Capital Management, LLC (“Deeproot”) leases space for its operations (the
“Leased Space,” which includes all space that Deeproot has leased from SDOV), respectfully
moves for permission to access the Leased Space for purposes of showing the space to prospective
buyers. SDOV is currently trying to sell the building. A prospective buyer has asked to enter and
inspect the Leased Space. It is possible that this prospective buyer or other prospective buyers
may request additional similar visits. No property of Deeproot will be removed or destroyed
during the visits. In addition, no records of Deeproot will be accessed or reviewed. While SDOV
believes the contemplated visits do not violate the Freeze Orders entered in this matter (see ECF
#7, 21, 23), out of an abundance of caution, SDOV requests permission from the Court to access
the Leased Space as described in this paragraph

#27100 2 years ago

Happy Thursday.

When some deeproot employees resigned, they were barred from the premises and told they were not eligible for rehire. Even though they quit because they weren't getting paid. However, not all employees received the same treatment. Robert told some (men) they were welcome back anytime.

Here's an example of a deeproot termination letter. I welcome feedback from business administrators and hr experts, particularly on highlighted items.

Also, I intended to highlight 'hanbook' on page three (because I'm petty). However, I forgot to, and I don't feel like going back to do it now.

DeeprootTermination01.pngDeeprootTermination01.png

DeeprootTermination02.pngDeeprootTermination02.png

DeeprootTermination03.pngDeeprootTermination03.png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/542?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.