View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 672.
#26901 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

From what I saw, wishing was as far as it got.

Haha, great choice of words.

Robert never even offered for employees to buy into the funds as far as I know. I never heard him offer or ask if we had friends or relatives interested. Definitely zero pressure. Not sure why he didn’t try. Maybe he assumed we didn’t have enough money.

He knew you had no money because he couldn't/wouldn't/didn't make payroll. Saving his lies/spiel for someone else.

#26902 2 years ago

What were Robert’s best terrible pinball ideas?

We already saw the one playfield mock-up with a rotating platform of flippers in the middle… surely he had some other bonkers concepts that defied gameplay and engineering sense.

#26903 2 years ago

Right at the start of DR, the willingness to steal Magic Girl, RAZA and other IP from the 'investors' who were conned by Jpop was a huge red flag for me i.e. no moral compass and crooks.

#26904 2 years ago

Robert never even offered for employees to buy into the funds as far as I know. I never heard him offer or ask if we had friends or relatives interested. Definitely zero pressure. Not sure why he didn’t try. Maybe he assumed we didn’t have enough money.

Did deeproot sell funds to non-accredited investors?

Also, I assume Robert realized that exposing his pinball employees to the details of how the investors' cash was supposed to invested was a terrible PinIdea™.

#26905 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

We already saw the one playfield mock-up with a rotating platform of flippers in the middle… surely he had some other bonkers concepts that defied gameplay and engineering sense.

That's the first time I hear about this. Where can we see that masterpiece?

#26906 2 years ago

I nominate Blueberryjohnson for Thread President.

#26907 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I nominate Blueberryjohnson for Thread President.

I second this nomination.

#26908 2 years ago

I agree blueberry is president . Congrats! The only one I ever got nominated for was..... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dumb-dumber-to-pinball

#26909 2 years ago

That election was rigged.

#26910 2 years ago

"Good example of the incompetence there: Robert hired his friends for most high positions. In 2018, upon moving into the massive San Antonio facility, Robert’s friend directed construction and extremely expensive renovations to get manufacturing area ready. After all that, it came out that the lease prohibited manufacturing so that money was wasted. One must wonder why an attorney and his buddies never checked the lease before beginning construction."

#26911 2 years ago

"Good example of the incompetence there: Robert hired his friends for most high positions. In 2018, upon moving into the massive San Antonio facility, Robert’s friend directed construction and extremely expensive renovations to get manufacturing area ready. After all that, it came out that the lease prohibited manufacturing so that money was wasted. One must wonder why an attorney and his buddies never checked the lease before beginning construction."

At least they didn’t break the rule on manufacturing anything.

#26912 2 years ago

Yeah, but did the lease prohibit OCTO manufacturing?

That one is truly nuts. Seems to suggest that there should (at some point) have been a search for a suitable facility to manufacture from, which has never even been hinted at to date.

#26913 2 years ago

it came out that the lease prohibited manufacturing

If that's true, that's...just completely incredible

#26914 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If that's true, that's...just completely incompetent

Fixed that for you

#26915 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If that's true, that's...just completely incredible

I report. You decide.

#26916 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Pretty cool move by Nordman here, donating one of his deeproot shirts to the silent auction:

I won this shirt in the silent auction. I overbid because it was donated to a great cause.

DeepRootShirt (resized).jpgDeepRootShirt (resized).jpg
#26917 2 years ago

Wow it looks barely worked in!

#26918 2 years ago

Looks like the law finally caught up with jpop... lol

img_1_1636579328687 (resized).jpgimg_1_1636579328687 (resized).jpg
#26919 2 years ago
Quoted from robnotto:

I won this shirt in the silent auction. I overbid because it was donated to a great cause. [quoted image]

What's your plan for it?

#26920 2 years ago
DFB40621-18C8-4D5A-8E40-163C1DB0FA43 (resized).jpegDFB40621-18C8-4D5A-8E40-163C1DB0FA43 (resized).jpeg
#26921 2 years ago

So the light bulb just went off: Is this the actual reason for quad/octo manufacturing? Did they lease an expensive facility for manufacturing that doesn't allow actual manufacturing, so the genius innovation became make staff gather around workbenches to assemble machines by hand??

#26922 2 years ago

to assemble machines by hand??

Technically, pinball factories assemble the games by hand.

Most parts and boards are contracted out for manufacture & assembly.

Homepin does PCB assembly in-house once they get the PCBs.

I think Mirco's playfield robot is the only automated process that I'm aware of.

#26923 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think Mirco's playfield robot is the only automated process that I'm aware of.

Well year, but they also have extensive assembly lines, stations, specialized equipment, and whatever else deeproot did not. Did they not because they were not allowed?

#26924 2 years ago

Did they not because they were not allowed?

I guess that's the question, isn't it?

#26925 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I guess that's the question, isn't it?

It certainly is!

Oh what a PinLOL™ it would be if that's actually the case.

#26926 2 years ago

What's your plan for it?

I figured I would frame it like a football jersey and throw it up on the wall. If you have ideas... PM

#26927 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Deeproot bought manufacturing equipment. It wasn't just finally assembly of outside parts. CNC machine, SMD parts picker, etc... while clearly billing themselves as a manufacturer of pinball machines in their San Antonio facility. (Back when we used to speculate they'd build them in Mexico to bring down costs)

As the record as shown, always lean towards incompetence and/or Robert thinking he figured out a way to game the system.

#26928 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

HAMMERTESTED!

#26929 2 years ago

Robert is going to be Slammer Tested when it's all over.

#26930 2 years ago

Quad Assembly was a Jpop "Bullshit term" like Quickstep Solenoids. Just nonsense.

#26932 2 years ago

That article even said the wife was facing 15 years after pleading guilty.

#26933 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This should be a fine starting off point for anybody who needs to get the history and gist of this whole scam - from 2010 or so up to today:
https://player.fm/series/the-worst-of-all-possible-worlds/emergency-pod-deeproot-pinball-ponzi-feat-levi-nayman

Just spent three hours playing pinball and listening to this episode. Fantastic! I hope you do a follow up in the future like the hosts asked.

#26934 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That article even said the wife was facing 15 years after pleading guilty.

When a federal defendant pleads guilty, they plea to an agreed level. A fictional level 28 for instance. 57 to 71 months. So you know within a range before sentencing. So if the reporter looked at plea, they would have a pretty clear idea if the 15 years they spoke of is the level she's at, or is this with the possibility of consecutive sentences. Defense attorneys can get US attorney to reccomend low end of guidelines. Judge is mostly constrained within the level. But can run sentences consecutively if defendants are convicted of multiple crimes. And then choose between 3 and 5 years supervised release.

You would just need to see a copy of the plea to get an accurate idea of future sentence. Same as when you read the asswipe's future indictment. If indicted alone, you can read charges, follow federal guidelines for the charge, and see where he stands with all the up charges. Things like amount of victims add upwards to higher levels. You see where defendant stands. Subtract 2 levels for pleading guilty and you will have a real good idea of where sentencing will come. Simplification of federal guidelines and how it works.

But if indictment comes back with any of Asswipes family members, or other employees, whole new ballgame. I would think if there are 2 names on the indictment, there would be a strong possibility of a 2nd superceding indictment with more names. Kinda how it works. Bring in as many periphery individuals who end up with probation after testifying against a target. But they get it on the record for their next possible encounter with the law.

#26935 2 years ago

Im just here because I love a good dumpster fire.

#26936 2 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Im just here because I love a good dumpster fire.

As I continue to learn more, I'm discovering that the dumpster is even deeper and more flammable than previously imagined.

Will be thinking on better ways to bring info to the public.

#26937 2 years ago

As I continue to learn more, I'm discovering that the dumpster is even deeper and more flammable than previously imagined.
Will be thinking on better ways to bring info to the public.

And your doing a damn good job. Its important this information is "out there", perhaps it can prevent future PinScams.. (Haha, wishful thinking)

Anyhow, keep it up @blueberryjohnson! Thank you

#26938 2 years ago

And people called those who questioned RM haters, told us “just wait and see..”, slammed you, etc.

The dirt being confirmed now was visible through the slats all along but people wanted to ignore it. No wonder there is s history of so many presale failures in this hobby. People think the principles of business and product development just don’t apply… or are just incredibly ignorant of how the sausage is made.

Nothing posted from the insiders of late is surprising. When a company gets years behind and does not adapt the problem is in leadership. It was called out before and it has just been confirmed with the comments of late.

Signs like the douche putting his name on the game above everyone else was the flaming dog pile tell too.

#26939 2 years ago

While I understand that he's innocent until proven otherwise, I can't view this image without thinking "target defendant bank" and potential sentencing guideline tiers.

Screenshot_20211112-004815_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211112-004815_Chrome (resized).jpg
#26940 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

On the 5th day of deeproot, Jpop gave to meeee....
5 years of nothing!
4 unfinished games!
3 sacks of stolen cash!
2 boatloads full of lies!
...and one neverending SCAM!!!!!

That was posted 4 years ago. I reread the first 4 pages of this thread and it’s amazing how well everything has aged.

#26941 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Nothing posted from the insiders of late is surprising.

I was surprised the manufacturing facility they leased was prohibited from manufacturing.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/539#post-6598531

#26942 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

I was surprised the manufacturing facility they leased was prohibited from manufacturing.

Completely stupid, yes. Surprising, no.

#26943 2 years ago

Dunno... that one sounds alot like hearsay where the actual details matter a lot. Doubt it ever hindered them either.

#26944 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That was posted 4 years ago. I reread the first 4 pages of this thread and it’s amazing how well everything has aged.

What can I say, my Scam-o-meter is very accurate. I called out Jpop’s original MG offer out as a scam from Day 1. $16k for 19 machines= $304k. That’s not enough to pay programmers, artists, engineers, musicians & manufacture a product like pinball. It was never going to work & RAZA & AIW were an obvious Ponzi scheme. I have no idea how Jpop isn’t in prison. Follow the money…if it doesn’t make sense - there’s a reason.

#26945 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dunno... that one sounds alot like hearsay where the actual details matter a lot. Doubt it ever hindered them either.

You'd be surprised!

#26946 2 years ago

That reminded me to check, this civil case is still chugging along slowly https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31790337/Mitchell_et_al_v_Popadiuk_et_al

#26947 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That reminded me to check, this civil case is still chugging along slowly https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31790337/Mitchell_et_al_v_Popadiuk_et_al

I didn't think "Zoom Meeting" could ever sound less appealing, and then I read "Appear Using Zoom for Government" and realized how wrong I was.

#26948 2 years ago

You need parts and people to ‘manufacture’ things

#26949 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Picked up lots more interesting tidbits this week. Touching base with folks to see what is ok to disclose how. Hope to be able to deliver a weekend treat.

#26950 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

They always had plenty of people. Just no directions on what they should be doing...

It's still wild to think of the millions spent on salaries and benefits to produce literally nothing of value. Maybe Food Truck animations will be sold to advertise a random free-to-play mobile game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,576 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/539?hl=robnotto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.