View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 537 of 672.
#26801 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Bobby Big Boy gets $5,821.74 per month for three months, broken down as follows:
$1,810 for child support
$1,542.46 for health insurance
$249.28 for other insurance
$2,220 for reasonable living expenses (including but not limited to groceries, utilities, etc.)
He also gets $20,000 from now until February 13, 2022 for his criminal defense
[quoted image]

Sign me up for $5,800 per month. WTF

With luck he will be down to about Two dollars per month working in the Prison Laundry in the future. That would be an appropriate adjustment and more in tune with what he deserves.

#26802 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

If he’s got a good (and therefore expensive) lawyer that won’t go too far. Maybe they take a few weeks off over the holidays?

#26803 2 years ago

$2,220 for reasonable living expenses (including but not limited to groceries, utilities, etc.)

I wonder what the new wife who was sold a life of cruises, Hawaii condos, and who knows what else thinks of the sudden drop to subsistence living.

I'm sure those are some good times in that household.

#26804 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If he’s got a good (and therefore expensive) lawyer that won’t go too far. Maybe they take a few weeks off over the holidays?

Federal criminal attorneys are usually hired cash up front. Unless there was an agreement of payments to be made.

I've thought all along that prosecutors believe he has money somewhere. This agreement allows the feds to intercept any monies easier from financial institutions. And for him to pay 20,000 towards his impending federal criminal indictment.

I would think by allowing him 20 grand for an attorney they are eliminating a future ineffective council appeal. The noose is tightening.

#26805 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wonder what the new wife who was sold a life of cruises, Hawaii condos, and who knows what else thinks of the sudden drop to subsistence living.
I'm sure those are some good times in that household.

And who is pregnant. What am Unbelievable disaster of a man. Doesn’t he already have some kids? Too bad the other wives couldn’t have told her up front

#26806 2 years ago

Is this all still stolen money though? How can he continue to use that if it is.

#26807 2 years ago

Bobby Big Boy gets $5,821.74 per month for three months, broken down as follows:
$1,810 for child support
$1,542.46 for health insurance
$249.28 for other insurance
[quoted image]

WHy are they giving him anything, isn't it coming out of all the scammed money? I assume he has to pay it back after the judgement. This doesn't sound like a guy who will 'learn his lesson' so they need to make it as painful as possible.

Also, are you an investigative reporter? Haha.

#26808 2 years ago

They went to freeze all his assets… not just deeproot. Thats why he has to negotiate sustaining funds

Embezzlement and comingling is a bitch

#26809 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is this all still stolen money though? How can he continue to use that if it is.

I'm guessing. These are SEC Attorneys. He hasn't been convicted in a criminal court. Seems like they are going out of their way to accommodate him. But in reality they are probably following a playbook.

20,000 can find you representation if the defendant does most of the initial part of the discovery process, which can be very time consuming. The defendant can more easily find the relative parts of the mountains of discovery coming his way anyway. Plus they've already gone over some of the key parts of the future discovery through the SEC investigation.

I would think that the US Attorney is in complete sync with what's happening. He knows his district lifetime federal judges well and could tell you today with exact odds how everything will play out. For example. He knows there are 3 judges or judge magistrates he might draw at a bond hearing. And knows how each of them will react to his request for bond. Or how they react to no bond. At the end of the criminal process, it can become clearer why the feds do what they do. It usually comes down to legal procedures. I'm sure they actually want him on a no bail or extremely high bail. Having relatives in Ukraine doesn't help if true.

Quoted from flynnibus:

They went to freeze all his assets… not just deeproot. Thats why he has to negotiate sustaining funds
Embezzlement and comingling is a bitch

Yes. And yes.

#26810 2 years ago

Imagine how pissed Robert was when he found the guy who diverted their money and focus away from pinball!

deeproot-distraction (resized).pngdeeproot-distraction (resized).png

#26811 2 years ago

His only defense would be insanity. There is no defense for this.

#26812 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because in the American justice system, ANYONE is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
That's a good thing, because people are wrongly charged at times, but it also means that the guilty are slower to be punished.
Also, as noted above, if they don't let Robert live and put up a comptent defense, it's likely that a conviction could be overturned on appeal. It hasn't been proven in court (yet) that he stole the money. It would be easy to convict folks if you could prevent them from hiring defense lawyers, but not fair.
We all (I thnk) want to see RM convicted, but the process has to play out so it's done the correct legal way.

#26813 2 years ago

December of 2020. I was only about 5 months into the hobby at that point. Didn’t think there was a chance I’d get completely fleeced and even despite all this, I still have my money back and the inconvenience of proving that I never received my machine.

Quoted from Roostking:

When did you submit your deposit? What about dr at the time, despite this thread, caused you to send 10gs for this game. It's fascinating how people's minds work.

#26814 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Because in the American justice system, ANYONE is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
That's a good thing, because people are wrongly charged at times, but it also means that the guilty are slower to be punished.
Also, as noted above, if they don't let Robert live and put up a comptent defense, it's likely that a conviction could be overturned on appeal. It hasn't been proven in court (yet) that he stole the money. It would be easy to convict folks if you could prevent them from hiring defense lawyers, but not fair.

Except for the fact that people sit in jail (for literally years in some cases) before their trial, and sometimes without being charged at all.
Seems unlikely anyone would be allowed to use their suspected stolen money. Those funds should be separated and not allowed to be touched.

#26815 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Except for the fact that people sit in jail (for literally years in some cases) before their trial, and sometimes without being charged at all.
Seems unlikely anyone would be allowed to use their suspected stolen money. Those funds should be separated and not allowed to be touched.

While this may seem shut and dry, there are other instances, where that has been done (suspected drug money) wrongly, and it took years and other money to prove otherwise. The justice system isn't exactly perfect.

#26816 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

His only defense would be insanity. There is no defense for this.

Unfortunately for him he’s not insane, he’s just a sociopathic malignant narcissist. PRISON, BEYOTCH!!!!!

#26817 2 years ago

Question for any insiders (you can reply anonymously to your favorite person): With Robert betting the farm on pinball, was game #2 anywhere near complete? With only 150 RAZAs to be made, they would have had to be ready to roll with #2 almost immediately.

I suspect it was hardly a functioning white wood. Which means even the most deluded fantasies of turning the company around to profitability were out to lunch.

#26818 2 years ago

I asked someone the difference between dealing with SEC attorneys and US attorney's. Response was to the effect that one was a feeling of being in a country club setting with an adversary.

And the other feeling was like when Marcellus Wallace says to you, "I ain't thru with you by a damn sight. Ima bout to get medievil on your ass".

"That would be the difference".

#26819 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

I asked someone the difference between dealing with SEC attorneys and US attorney's. Response was to the effect that one was a feeling of being in a country club setting with an adversary.
And the other feeling was like when Marcellus Wallace says to you, "I ain't thru with you by a damn sight. Ima bout to get medievil on your ass".
"That would be the difference".

Interesting perspective. But which being a cozy conversation. And which being a cold gangster.

#26820 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Question for any insiders (you can reply anonymously to your favorite person): With Robert betting the farm on pinball, was game #2 anywhere near complete? With only 150 RAZAs to be made, they would have had to be ready to roll with #2 almost immediately.
I suspect it was hardly a functioning white wood. Which means even the most deluded fantasies of turning the company around to profitability were out to lunch.

Someone told me food truck actually had a cool (and I think) functioning mech. (Though maybe it was just an ok shooting whitewood with a good mechanism concept) And that was the only one that was pretty worthwhile.

Also, at least one former rooter has offered to answer questions and at least four have reached out to me. So if people want to post questions I can bundle them up and see who responds, then anonymously aggregate the answers.

#26821 2 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Interesting perspective. But which being a cozy conversation. And which being a cold gangster.

SEC attorneys are like maco sharks compared to the great white shark, the US attorney. These guys are like Jaws. And sometimes come at you in sequels. (Indict you in different districts at the same time).

#26822 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

We all (I thnk) want to see RM convicted, but the process has to play out so it's done the correct legal way.

I agree and he deserves a fair trial, but cant the money be considered evidence to be used to prove guilt? I get what others are saying just doesnt seem right he has access to this money, unless he can trace it back to his own personnel funds. Dunno, maybe since its just a drop in the bucket comparitively.

#26823 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I agree and he deserves a fair trial, but cant the money be considered evidence to be used to prove guilt? I get what others are saying just doesnt seem right he has access to this money, unless he can trace it back to his own personnel funds. Dunno, maybe since its just a drop in the bucket comparitively.

I believe it is the money in his accounts that he’s trying to get access to. The question here is if the money is legit.

#26824 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

I believe it is the money in his accounts that he’s trying to get access to. The question here is if the money is legit.

I get it's hard to prove if it's truly his or money stolen, but in the case of massive fraud it should be assumed all money is stolen. If your restaurant gets shut down because multiple people got food poisoning, you can't be like "well THAT food was bad, but don't take the rest of the food in the freezer because all that food is fine". They will force you to not only do a massive cleaning in the kitchen but also make you throw ALL your food away to be certain nothing else is bad.

#26825 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I get it's hard to prove if it's truly his or money stolen, but in the case of massive fraud it should be assumed all money is stolen. If your restaurant gets shut down because multiple people got food poisoning, you can't be like "well THAT food was bad, but don't take the rest of the food in the freezer because all that food is fine". They will force you to not only do a massive cleaning in the kitchen but also make you throw ALL your food away to be certain nothing else is bad.

If you have enough money to challenge the health inspector, you can get an emergency injunction, etc.

#26826 2 years ago

Someone told me food truck actually had a cool (and I think) functioning mech. (Though maybe it was just an ok shooting whitewood with a good mechanism concept) And that was the only one that was pretty worthwhile.
Also, at least one former rooter has offered to answer questions and at least four have reached out to me. So if people want to post questions I can bundle them up and see who responds, then anonymously aggregate the answers.

I thought I read somewhere the cool mech in question was a coin pusher like the redemption machines.

#26827 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

While this may seem shut and dry, .

. . .or cut and dried.

#26828 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I agree and he deserves a fair trial, but cant the money be considered evidence to be used to prove guilt?

And thats why they froze his personal accounts IN ADDITION to the business accounts. But they haven’t proven how to separate the origin of those funds- that is why its in the best interest to allow limited access to his personal assets.

#26829 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

. . .or cut and dried.

Food Truck based on various beef jerky's. What could have been!!!

#26830 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

I thought I read somewhere the cool mech in question was a coin pusher like the redemption machines.

That was for Goonies.

Some questions I'm putting together for ex-rooters:

1. Did Robert ever actually have The Goonies and The Who licenses?

2. What were the other supposed upcoming licensed games (Combative Racing License, Popular Board Game License)? Did he actually have those licenses?

3. What was the concept for the upcoming game "Multiplex"?

4. Was code developed for any games other than RAZA? If so, which ones and to what extent?

5. Was work actually done on Jpop's other games, Magic Girl and Alice in Wonderland? (They wouldn't have been starting from scratch on these)

6. What's the story with "Farewell Dinosaur Entertainment, LLC" and "Robot Dreams Entertainment, LLC"? (I know this one, but was asked not to share. Maybe another person knows and would be fine sharing)

Any others?

#26831 2 years ago

We know there’s no way they had those licenses. I’m still shocked he was openly advertising a Who machine.

#26832 2 years ago

I want to know how a coin pusher is supposed to work in a pinball machine being knocked around.

#26833 2 years ago

I’m curious about the decision making process around the Utah studio. Was this something Robert alone saw a business need for, or did a team of decision makers come to that conclusion together? The whole thing feels very flight-of-fancy, and I’m curious how major decisions like that were arrived at and presented to the company.

I ask because I’m under the impression that it was not always part of the “enterprise”, and I’m interested in the circumstances that would lead to “pinball startup deciding it wants to play double jeopardy by adding another startup to the mix.”

I suppose the same question could be asked to any of the deeproot companies that came after the investment funds “front.”

#26834 2 years ago

I’m wondering if anyone has pictures of the white woods / development of them or has any idea where they all ended up?

Did RAZA ever get ul cert? Was this ever actually happening or just a bunch of BS?

Was there any manufacturering setup that actually occurred prior to people being laid off?

#26835 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I’m curious about the decision making process around the Utah studio. Was this something Robert alone saw a business need for, or did a team of decision makers come to that conclusion together? The whole thing feels very flight-of-fancy, and I’m curious how major decisions like that were arrived at and presented to the company.
I ask because I’m under the impression that it was not always part of the “enterprise”, and I’m interested in the circumstances that would lead to “pinball startup deciding it wants to play double jeopardy by adding another startup to the mix.”
I suppose the same question could be asked to any of the deeproot companies that came after the investment funds “front.”

RM wanted his products to cross all platforms, VR to toilet paper. Think KISS, the band, but a pinball manufacturing business would be at the heart. of said enterprise. What could go wrong?

#26836 2 years ago

What is/was quad/octo manufacturing?

#26837 2 years ago

So much talk about Crimin’ Robbie Mewmew…what about the OG Pinball Ponzi Lord, Johnny Plops? Is he aimlessly roaming around Texas? What do OG MG/Raza/Alice buyers do now? More court, or time to just walk away & come to terms with getting scammed?

BTW, I went back and read the first few pages of the “buyers” thread. It’s truly amazing in retrospect to see how strident and often cruel the “buyers” were when I warned them that this was a scam from the jump. Not one has apologized.

#26838 2 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

What is/was quad/octo manufacturing?

8 harbor freight tables, 2 workers per table assembling games

#26839 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

In other words, they didn't buy enough worktables for everyone, so they had to buddy up.

#26840 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

That Octo manufacturing we knew was a marketing hype thing since it first got said, but the reality of it is even sadder than I imagined.

Much like the entire Deeproot story.

#26841 2 years ago

I wonder if Bobby still reads this thread. I know he continued to read during the first quater of the year, during the pre-order window, and probably up to the Pinside SEC announcement.

You would think he should drain like Iceman did but, wow, his massive ego might enjoy reading about himself.

Hi, Bobby. Best!

#26842 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So much talk about Crimin’ Robbie Mewmew…what about the OG Pinball Ponzi Lord, Johnny Plops?

Was thinking about this the other day in a different context: when the criminal charges are filed, are they only against Robert? He obviously put himself in charge of way to much, but was one one else involved?

For the legally inclined, will this case likely be the kind where others are granted immunity or reduced sentences to flip on the big boy at the top?

#26843 2 years ago

They could call John to the stand as an expert on Ponzi scams.

#26844 2 years ago

Got a few proactive responses (deeprooters also enjoy this thread) and the go-ahead to copy-paste them:

1. Did Robert ever actually have The Goonies and The Who licenses?

Robert SAID he had Goonies license. I don't believe anybody ever saw proof. I remember when he didn't pay us in April 2019, he specifically mentioned a top priority was paying to keep the Goonies license up, and I was pissed at the idea that he'd pay for a license we weren't using but wouldn't pay paychecks. Who knows if it was true. I never heard a word about The Who, that was news to me when he put out that pitch presentation.

4. Was code developed for any games other than RAZA? If so, which ones and to what extent?

I never saw any work done on Alice in Wonderland or Magic Girl. I also have no idea what, if anything, JPop ever did at deeproot.

"I’m curious about the decision making process around the Utah studio. Was this something Robert alone saw a business need for, or did a team of decision makers come to that conclusion together? The whole thing feels very flight-of-fancy, and I’m curious how major decisions like that were arrived at and presented to the company."

I was there when Utah studio was opened, and Robert explained the idea to me when I interviewed. From what I know, it was 100% Robert's idea and dream. He wanted to run an empire with animators and creatives who made pinball stuff + TV shows, movies, etc. Those of us there who were practical were confused, esp about how the hell he had the dough for it.

Questions re: other games:

I doubt there are many whitewood or other pics around, bc Robert was a nazi about not allowing us to take pictures without his approval. One of my friends there was even afraid to talk in the office bc she was certain Robert listened in to all conversations via the security cameras or listening devices.

#26845 2 years ago

Was thinking about this the other day in a different context: when the criminal charges are filed, are they only against Robert? He obviously put himself in charge of way to much, but was one one else involved?

I mean all indications of leaked materials show it was a one man band type of deal. Only he could do payroll, etc. the SEC indicated he was sole principal of the relief defendant companies. I can’t imagine anyone would see what he was doing and be ok with it. Most rational people are afraid of jail time.

It’s pretty remarkable how one man can register to sell securities like that and have access to millions of dollars. Early on, it must have been so intoxicating to have access to millions. My guess is he started doing this on a smaller scale and it “worked” with the car wash company. And the market demand is there, everyone chasing yield, so he probably expected that he could continue to sell securities forever. But Bobby didn’t go to business school and learned hard that you need revenues not just expenses. You know, the most basic lesson even kids selling lemonade at a lemonade stand understand.

The Madoff scam allegedly only took like 10 people to run and that was billions of dollars. Madoff tried to shield his family and the people doing the clerical work but I think some others did time too.

#26846 2 years ago

The leaked correspondence (i.e. legal threats) that Robbie Rotten was forwarding to ex-employees not to tattle is a blanket admission that his ultimate goal was to be a patent troll; that's where he saw the money.

Again I ask the *entirely* rhetorical question... "why is this still going".

#26847 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Again I ask the *entirely* rhetorical question... "why is this still going".

This thread? It will go until there is a conclusion to the story. When bad people are held accountable for their harmful actions, then it will end.

#26848 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This thread? It will go until there is a conclusion to the story. When bad people are held accountable for their harmful actions, then it will end.

This thread is going to go till the prison sentence.

#26849 2 years ago

Questions for deeproot staff

In spring 2019 Robert missed payroll by a few days. 1) how many people were working in TX and in UT at that point in time? 2) How many people left deeproot between spring 2019 and Mar 2021? (I’m curious why 90% of staff didn’t leave within 60 days of first occurrence). 3) When did bulk of the UT staff get laid off?

#26850 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from frolic:

And then some as Jpop will be somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 537 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/537?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.