• 1,148 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by blueberryjohnson
  • Topic is favorited by 308 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

deeprootcapital-321-2024.02.27.pdf (PDF preview)
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 7.56.45?PM (resized).png
SEC-140-2024.02.05.pdf (PDF preview)
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240112_175938_Chrome (resized).jpg
403765574_876339380515815_4670370081257223759_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.41.36?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.29.19?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.27.08?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.42?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.26.05?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.25.18?PM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-01-11 at 10.24.27?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

357 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 534 of 669.
#26651 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Ever wonder how Robert could so effortlessly pivot to discussions of gold mining in Africa?
Bobby's global investment roots run deep!
[quoted image]
I bet you Libya paid the extra thousand to have jpop assemble light propeller aircrafts in their living room.

“Semi-autonomous car wash”…

#26652 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

“Semi-autonomous car wash”…

It was mentioned in this thread earlier that he lent money to his friend to build a car wash. I hope it was for more than the 7% payable to the 300 old ladies.

#26653 2 years ago
Quoted from clempo:

It was mentioned in this thread earlier that he lent money to his friend to build a car wash. I hope it was for more than the 7% payable to the 300 old ladies.

His friend is the semi not-autonomous part.

Wonder what's new with the lien against that car wash.

#26654 2 years ago

Anything from expo? Any sneak peak of any games yet? What’s slowing these guys down?!?!

#26655 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Anything from expo? Any sneak peak of any games yet? What’s slowing these guys down?!?!

Prison.

#26656 2 years ago

Oh that’ll do it! DUI or something? So what we’ll see the 5 days of deeproot and games in what a couple years then?

#26657 2 years ago

One of the 26 themes in development, I assume.

#26658 2 years ago

They should have plenty of time and resources to build them there!

#26659 2 years ago

We should weld up a Thunderdome and make the sycophants battle it out for the 2 prototypes.

WHO RUN BARTER-TOWN?

#26660 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

We should weld up a Thunderdome and make the sycophants battle it out for the 2 prototypes.
WHO RUN BARTER-TOWN?

Maybe Spooky should make Robert the same offer he made them. Then we can haul all the assets and have a huge bonfire in Benton. Well maybe just a small bonfire.

#26661 2 years ago

Maybe a prison break pinball theme coming soon...

#26662 2 years ago

"The 5 to 10 Years of Deeproot"

#26663 2 years ago

Big House!

#26664 2 years ago

A few mildly entertaining deeproot docs. Click images for the full pdfs.

deeproot-ipdisclosure.pdfdeeproot-ipdisclosure.pdf

deeproot-weapons.pdfdeeproot-weapons.pdf

deeproot-drugsrefuse.pdfdeeproot-drugsrefuse.pdf

deeproot-portfolio.pdfdeeproot-portfolio.pdf

#26665 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Maybe Spooky should make Robert the same offer he made them. Then we can haul all the assets and have a huge bonfire in Benton. Well maybe just a small bonfire.

Yeah and use the line from the Office "My how the turn tables... Have turned..."

#26666 2 years ago

He required drug testing? What the actual fuck? Why?

Drug testing employees is a huge waste of time unless you are an airline or some other safety based position. It’s also pretty contrary to the kind of policy creative people want to work at.

#26667 2 years ago

The only person that required drug testing at Deeproot was Robert Mueller. Everyone already knew J-Pop was on crack so why waste a doctors time for that

#26668 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

He required drug testing? What the actual fuck? Why?
Drug testing employees is a huge waste of time unless you are an airline or some other safety based position. It’s also pretty contrary to the kind of policy creative people want to work at.

Insurance reasons.

#26669 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The only person that required drug testing at Deeproot was Robert Mueller

After he's finished his federal prison sentence, he will have from 3 to 5 years supervised release. Federal districts can have different rules regarding supervised release. In San Diego district they don't test for alcohol in their drug tests, while in the central district of Ca they do. They start you on 6 to 8 tests per month. So he's got that to look forward to.

#26670 2 years ago

A few mildly entertaining deeproot docs. Click images for the full pdfs

Missing the Employee Hawaiian Land Purchase Agreement PDF.

#26671 2 years ago

Big treat coming tomorrow (no trick)

#26672 2 years ago

Happy Halloween!

deeproot-slack1.pdfdeeproot-slack1.pdf

deeproot-slack2.pdfdeeproot-slack2.pdf

deeproot-slack3.pdfdeeproot-slack3.pdf

deeproot-slack4.pdfdeeproot-slack4.pdf

#26673 2 years ago

Woah, this is the thread that keeps on giving, and Mueller is an even bigger sociopathic scumbag than I thought…

I feel worse for the employees than I do the people who bought games. I can’t imagine there were countless people endlessly warning them what a bad idea it was to get involved, unlike the preorder people who decided they knew best and chose to ignore and argue up to the bitter end.

#26674 2 years ago

Sounds like they were close to getting kicked out of the Texas location due to not paying rent...why else would it be #1 on the payment list over the employees (#4)?

#26675 2 years ago

It's just breathtaking to read all those emails and to think of the multiple layers of lies behind each and every one of them. I feel so bad for all the people who got taken by this scumbag...

Was the "Amex" he kept referring to as a high priority the one that he was using to pay all of his personal expenses with?

#26676 2 years ago

I hope the feds use those emails as proof he was never intending to properly invest the funds his victims gave to him. This is about as cut and dry of a case as it gets.

#26677 2 years ago

He talks about money coming in as if it's income from sales.

What year was this from? 2019? (edit: It is 2019, spotted it in one of the emails).

It's crazy that he's talking about a $1MM cash burn and creating offices in Utah which we know produced nothing.

#26678 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He talks about money coming in as if it's income from sales.

"Adding new cases to the pipeline" means "suckering new little old ladies out of their retirement money" ??

#26679 2 years ago

Robert had too many employees at the studio but for some reason there wasn’t enough work in-house to keep them busy ??? In spite of having 26 pinball machines, video games and movies in development, Robert wanted his studio to solicit outside contract work to generate income. The deeproot pyramid scheme was circling the drain 30 months ago. Robert has been investigated and charged with investor fraud by the SEC and has been referred for criminal prosecution since then. How has deeproot continued for so long? As bad as the aforementioned activities were, it was the money which kept them going. The CON continued until money stopped flowing.
A204919F-EA06-45E3-87FC-82CE00234DA1.jpegA204919F-EA06-45E3-87FC-82CE00234DA1.jpeg

#26680 2 years ago

Happy Halloween!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thanks for continuing to provide additional documentation. You rock man. The Prinicipal is a scammer extraordinaire.

#26681 2 years ago

This is reminding me of how a vast percentage of lottery winners go broke within a short span of time.

It's stupefying that there is so little oversight that someone can squander this amount of other people's money in such a short amount of time.

#26682 2 years ago

Can someone remind me of when he bought the Hawaiian condo compared to when these events were happening?

#26683 2 years ago

Those COVID PPP loans really dragged this on for a lot longer than it should have ever gone.

> I think about you every waking, and often non-waking, hour

what?

#26684 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

> I think about you every waking, and often non-waking, hour
what?

its his way of saying he has nightmares about his employees coming into work with knives (less than 3 inches) and threatening his life for not being able to cover payroll.

#26685 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

its his way of saying he has nightmares about his employees coming into work with knives (less than 3 inches) and threatening his life for not being able to cover payroll.

I had to laugh at that weapons disclosure. The entire point of concealed carry is that nobody knows you are carrying. If someone loses their shit and decides to shoot the place up, but they know Joe-Bob over there carries....guess who is getting shot first?

#26686 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Note the gun/knife form came a month before the first lapse in pay

#26687 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hope the feds use those emails as proof he was never intending to properly invest the funds his victims gave to him. This is about as cut and dry of a case as it gets.

Yeah holy shit... he was down to $0 and was using new investor money to pay past obligations? Is that legal??

#26688 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

he was down to $0 and was using new investor money to pay past obligations? Is that legal??

Uh, no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

#26689 2 years ago

Hey all, to clarify these are—allegedly—messages sent to the deeproot slack. Wild they date back to more than two years before the SEC filed its complaint.

One can only imagine how much other similar stuff there is from before and after these particular messages. Per the deeproot employee handbook I have "Slack must be installed on all applicable Digital Systems as well as on employees’ personal or business mobile phones" so there are likely a lot of folks with a lot of records.

Too bad such things didn't come out earlier. It wouldn't have saved everyone's retirement investments. But the sooner this enterprise had been shut down, the better. That said, we know employees and contractors were themselves put in difficult situations. So it's not overly surprising we're learning most things well after the fact.

#26690 2 years ago

Jesus titty fucking Christ he steals $60m but can't make payroll? Where's the money LABowski?

Also payroll issues in 2019 = RAZA being made in 2021 was never going to happen, SEC or no.

#26691 2 years ago

When did Bobby quit signing off with, "Best!"

#26692 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

When did Bobby quit signing off with, "Best!"

'Best' was an external expectation, not an internal goal.

#26693 2 years ago

Thanks to accountant notes, we can have an idea of where the March payroll went

>h. $34,012 paid on March 8, 2019 to Lux Catering and Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding catering;
>i. payments totaling $17,538 made between January 1, 2019 and March 3, 2019 to Michelle Leo Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding planning;

(and I'll speculate a honeymoon cruise in here too)

Keep in mind this is all happening when they're supposed to be getting something ready to show at TPF. I think someone said this was when they were pulling out the PinBar (showed up at Houston) before shoving it back in later.

#26694 2 years ago

can't make payroll... is offering to fly dozens of people to texas and pay for their hotel too...

Maybe there was gonna be a 575 investment pitch on one of the original 5 days of deeproot agenda

#26695 2 years ago

I'm still waiting to hear that the PinBar™ was going to mine deeprootCoins™ on the side

JPop NFT coming any day now. Own a digital version of someone else's art passed off as John's! Verified exclusively on the PinChain™

#26696 2 years ago

October 2020 someone wrote this on Glassdoor:

You haven't paid your employees for weeks, blaming it other staff that the funds are dry, but you don't do anything yourself. You whine and complain about how others have failed you but you take off at all hours of the day, go on leisure trips, drive fancy cars, and act like it's not your problem. If you want to save your company get to work. Start pulling some weight and do the hard work. You and only are responsible for this and you are failing your employees. I give this company 3 more months tops before we are all out of a job.

So this was a year after the first non-payment... I guess there were multiple periods where money wasn’t being paid out?

#26697 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

October 2020 someone wrote this on Glassdoor:
You haven't paid your employees for weeks, blaming it other staff that the funds are dry, but you don't do anything yourself. You whine and complain about how others have failed you but you take off at all hours of the day, go on leisure trips, drive fancy cars, and act like it's not your problem. If you want to save your company get to work. Start pulling some weight and do the hard work. You and only are responsible for this and you are failing your employees. I give this company 3 more months tops before we are all out of a job.
So this was a year after the first non-payment... I guess there were multiple periods where money wasn’t being paid out?

Oh yeah, people have indicated it was a thing that happened various times.

We already knew the state of Utah fined them more than $1m for workforce compensation violations. And there are other indeed / glassdoor reviews similar to the one you shared, plus comments in this thread from former staff reporting the same.

#26698 2 years ago

As more tidbits are revealed, it only shows what we figured and more about this crook.

Just when you think it was as a bad as it could be, you learn it was really much worse. More will come.

Bring on the Grand Jury...

#26699 2 years ago

It's just a temporary set back. I'm sure it will all work out.

So, things like this are generally long and drawn out. He's a lawyer of some sort right? Wonder if he even has the money to get a lawyer or if he'll be defending himself.

#26700 2 years ago

You'd have to be braindead to stick around working for this clown as soon as the payroll dried up. No pay-um, no stay-um.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,444 posts in this topic. You are on page 534 of 669.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/534?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.