Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 533 of 672.
#26601 2 years ago

It would be the most deeproot thing for the pinbar to actually make it to market minus the pinball machine

#26602 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It would be the most deeproot thing for the pinbar to actually make it to market minus the pinball machine

Could you incorporate a sound mixer card? I’d like this to play a loop of Robert Mueller quotes from the 3 Kaneda interviews plus any others he may have given. Produce and sell 200 pinbars by Christmas and you’ve lapped deeproot’s accomplishments five fold.

#26603 2 years ago

I’ll buy at least one and a few if the price is right. I want pinbar tech for my home brew…

#26604 2 years ago

If there ever is a serious list, mark me down for one. It will be the coolest picture frame on the planet. At least in my nerdy pinball world.

#26605 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I think what sunk DR was UL certification afterthought. When you announce you will be delivering pins before this step you are way out of your league in manufacturing.
[quoted image]

I think it’s quite obvious by now that UL certification was never an actual issue or obstacle. They never got that far.

#26606 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

I can't provide quantity yet. We made all the metal for this game. Waiting to see if anything positive happens, but we like many, are in a long line. I believe first comes the lawyers, then the investors, and lastly the creditors -- not enough money is possibly available to reach us.
That is my idea, once the waiting period is over, to possibly sell as a boat anchor for your office. I'll keep you posted. The playfield glass holder turned out so well. "I dealt with Deeproot, and all I got was this lousy Pinbar!"

I am curious as to whether or not you made these as weldments, or if you were able to make a draw die(s) to form and stamp them out.

#26607 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am curious as to whether or not you made these as weldments, or if you were able to make a draw die(s) to form and stamp them out.

The old Williams standard Lockdown Bar is made in a draw die. Due to the low volume for this bar, we made a corner forming die, but calculated the way the material should be cut in strips, so we when formed in the compound radius, would mesh up well, so we weren't welding huge gaps. The way we weld, grind and buff -- you would think the part was made in a draw die, unless you flipped it over. Even so, our weld beads are minimal.

#26608 2 years ago

I can't provide quantity yet. We made all the metal for this game. Waiting to see if anything positive happens, but we like many, are in a long line. I believe first comes the lawyers, then the investors, and lastly the creditors -- not enough money is possibly available to reach us.
That is my idea, once the waiting period is over, to possibly sell as a boat anchor for your office. I'll keep you posted. The playfield glass holder turned out so well. "I dealt with Deeproot, and all I got was this lousy Pinbar!"

This sucks. I wonder how many other vendors are left holding the bag.

#26609 2 years ago

So much collateral damage here. Competent vendors who did their job, wasted their time, took a financial hit because of it. All DR had to do was mostly put together other peoples parts and they couldn’t even muster that.

I will buy a PinBar ( if they can ever be sold ) to hang in my arcade simply as a testament to incompetent and financially reckless hubris.

#26610 2 years ago

The old Williams standard Lockdown Bar is made in a draw die. Due to the low volume for this bar, we made a corner forming die, but calculated the way the material should be cut in strips, so we when formed in the compound radius, would mesh up well, so we weren't welding huge gaps. The way we weld, grind and buff -- you would think the part was made in a draw die, unless you flipped it over. Even so, our weld beads are minimal.

Excellent work figuring all that out! They look really good...and they look like they were stamped. I do a lot of progressive die design at times, and I hate having to figure out draw dies. Laser cut trial blanks have made it much easier lately though.

#26611 2 years ago

Hate to hear good people getting left holding the bag here. Not that it would make you whole, but I think you have a market in wall-art or toppers here.

#26612 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I think it’s quite obvious by now that UL certification was never an actual issue or obstacle. They never got that far.

Yeah, the preorders were either:

An attempt to lend legitimacy to the pinball enterprise in the face of an investigation.

Or an attempt to raise more funds after the 60 million was gone through. Or both I guess.

UL certification was just an excuse after the fact. And it isn’t required; I wonder if AMH by spooky had it. Same sized run.

#26613 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

UL certification was just an excuse after the fact. And it isn’t required; I wonder if AMH by spooky had it. Same sized run.

Hell no. We had NO MONEY. But we made a game

#26614 2 years ago

Look how perfectly this would fit the PinBar.

16355218240876567473710912901860 (resized).jpg16355218240876567473710912901860 (resized).jpg
#26615 2 years ago

Where's the PinBall?™

#26616 2 years ago

Hat tip to yet another former deeproot employee for the heads up!

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.41.15 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-29 at 5.41.15 AM (resized).png

Feels like character witnesses may be in short supply...

https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/San-Antonio-investment-adviser-Mueller-fraud-16563274.php

#26617 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Hat tip to yet another former deeproot employee for the heads up!
[quoted image]
Feels like character witnesses may be in short supply...
https://www.expressnews.com/business/article/San-Antonio-investment-adviser-Mueller-fraud-16563274.php

Poetic irony that they used a JD photo of DeadWorld in that article

#26618 2 years ago

I'd buy a Pinbar. Reminds me of when people were selling their Enron paper stock certificates as souvenirs.

#26619 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Probably from the photo shoot when they did this article
https://www.expressnews.com/entertainment/article/World-ranked-pinball-wizard-is-reviving-the-game-15102514.php

#26620 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look how perfectly this would fit the PinBar.

This remains one of the great exchanges in Pinside history. Good God, that man is a moron.

#26621 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's an excellent point. I wonder if the deeproot logo is still has a valid trademark. Could you sell Deeproot World mods for Judge Dredd in lieu of Deadworld?

#26622 2 years ago

Why is this still going?

#26623 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Why is this still going?

Because you don't want to be a Laurie Strode resting while the corpse of JPop rises behind you.

#26624 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This remains one of the great exchanges in Pinball history. Good God, that man is a moron.

The PinStadium ads on the bottom really seal it for me.

#26625 2 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Why is this still going?

So when people google "Deeproot Pinball", Google's algorithm picks up this page before the company's and hopefully saves someone some headaches.

DRRR (resized).pngDRRR (resized).png
#26626 2 years ago

Holy cow.... did you guys know Robert Mueller's Deeproot killed a soccer team too? There was a "Deeproot cup" at one point in time. Deeproot was the sponsor of the San Antonio Scorpions but pulled funding when he realized they sucked. Everytime I google deeproot I find out something even worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Scorpions

#26627 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Holy cow.... did you guys know Robert Mueller's Deeproot killed a soccer team too? There was a "Deeproot cup" at one point in time. Deeproot was the sponsor of the San Antonio Scorpions but pulled funding when he realized they sucked. Everytime I google deeproot I find out something even worse.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Scorpions

It's been discussed a few times. Someone even had a ebay posting of one of the soccer jerseys if you wanted one.

#26628 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

This remains one of the great exchanges in Pinball history. Good God, that man is a moron.

I used to fear him. Now, seeing how dumb his scam was... yes. He's a bully moron with a law degree. Nothing more.

#26629 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

That's an excellent point. I wonder if the deeproot logo is still has a valid trademark. Could you sell Deeproot World mods for Judge Dredd in lieu of Deadworld?

LOL!

#26630 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I used to fear him. Now, seeing how dumb his scam was... yes. He's a bully moron with a law degree. Nothing more.

The guy literally bragged about nuisance lawsuits. That is a lot to be fearful of.

#26631 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

it's only in the 4th inning, right Ice! I would say 5th at this point, but it ain't over yet!

His. Tech. Has. Played. Food. Truck. LOVES. IT!

#26632 2 years ago

A few new not exciting docs filed in the SEC case. From my reading, it seems like everyone agreed to let Bobby have about $150k to make some insurance policy payments so they don't default, hire a law firm to draw up the bankruptcy documents, and pay for some minor ongoing business expenses (web hosting apparently no longer one of them).

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/20/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/20/1/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/21/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

Nothing in there about funds for car payments, takeout, child support, or additional divorces. Does this mean he's given up on getting $ to maintain his lifestyle, or might that still be in cards elsewhere?

#26633 2 years ago

Pretty cool move by Nordman here, donating one of his deeproot shirts to the silent auction:

B094701C-80FD-47BE-AA7B-F57AA1AF467B (resized).jpegB094701C-80FD-47BE-AA7B-F57AA1AF467B (resized).jpeg
#26634 2 years ago

Wow so he’s going for a chapter 7 bankruptcy which is essentially terminal for a business. A court appointed bankruptcy trustee gets possession of all the assets and then sells them off. Any proceeds go immediately to paying off creditors. Once everything is sold off then any unresolved debts are considered closed out and everyone is SOL. This might be everyone’s chance to get their hands on some RAZAs lol. The chapter 7 can also be bundled with personal debts so you get to wipe out your personal and business debts in one swoop.

#26635 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Pretty cool move by Nordman here, donating one of his deeproot shirts to the silent auction:[quoted image]

Dennis donated a few new shirts to see if something good might come of it all. If you want to check them out, stop by the Project Pinball booth at Expo. And in case you are wondering, both are 2XL. Thanks.

PXL_20211029_184903905 (resized).jpgPXL_20211029_184903905 (resized).jpg
#26636 2 years ago

got something good

#26637 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Wow so he’s going for a chapter 7 bankruptcy which is essentially terminal for a business. A court appointed bankruptcy trustee gets possession of all the assets and then sells them off. Any proceeds go immediately to paying off creditors. Once everything is sold off then any unresolved debts are considered closed out and everyone is SOL. This might be everyone’s chance to get their hands on some RAZAs lol. The chapter 7 can also be bundled with personal debts so you get to wipe out your personal and business debts in one swoop.

“Dear DR faithful, I still can’t discuss the legal issues but we expect them to come to a close sooner rather than later. We know you are as disappointed at this continued delay as we are here at DR. While we all wait we have decided to hold a raffle the get the first pin off the assembly line. Go to www.govdeals.com/Deeproot to register. Due to the very limited nature of this amazing opportunity to be the first to have your very own RAZA (signed by JPOP himself with a full certificate of authenticity but no UL certificate yet) there is a $1000 auction registration fee and a 75% buyers premium. All auction proceeds will be donated to those in need. Yours truly RM”

#26638 2 years ago

Ever wonder how Robert could so effortlessly pivot to discussions of gold mining in Africa?

Bobby's global investment roots run deep!

deeprootfamilyofcompanies.pdfdeeprootfamilyofcompanies.pdf

I bet you Libya paid the extra thousand to have jpop assemble light propeller aircrafts in their living room.

#26639 2 years ago

Anyone know if the 5 days of deeproot is going on this weekend at expo?

#26640 2 years ago

saturday afternoon, still not a single bid on the deeproot shirt

20211030_120539 (resized).jpg20211030_120539 (resized).jpg
#26641 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

saturday afternoon, still not a single bid on the deeproot shirt [quoted image]

guess the bathrooms are well stocked

#26642 2 years ago

Ever wonder how Robert could so effortlessly pivot to discussions of gold mining in Africa?
[quoted image]
I bet you Libya paid the extra thousand to have jpop assemble light propeller aircrafts in their living room.

"Bank Holdings", coming soon. Hah.

#26643 2 years ago

Wear it in public and normies might mistake you for a butt plug salesman.

#26644 2 years ago

[quoted image]

That’s a lot of double dipping going on in the advertising. deeproot tech and pinball are the same business, aren’t they?

#26645 2 years ago

"Full surface-mount technology line" = some machines we didn't pay for that nobody knows how to use sitting idle.

#26646 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wear it in public and normies might mistake you for a butt plug salesman.

A real conversation starter!

#26647 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

saturday afternoon, still not a single bid on the deeproot shirt [quoted image]

Nordman could wipe his butt, put the toilet paper up for auction, and get more bids than a Derp Poop shirt.

#26648 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Yeah, remember that a certain VIP said declaring bankruptcy repeatedly is just good business sense. Nothing like screwing over your fellow countrymen in the name of $$

#26649 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Deeproot should sell their $300M stake in African ventures and pay everybody back.

#26650 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Dear Ben,
You keep bringing him up.
Signed, "Wonder what the King of Hacks is doing now with his sugar daddy deposed?"

And meanwhile….no one’s wondering what you’re doing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 533 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/533?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.