Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 532 of 672.
#26551 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I don't have permission either, so it's not just you.

Placed under seal because the content is too explosive for the public's eyes?

#26552 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Placed under seal because the content is too explosive for the public's eyes?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26553 2 years ago

Beat me to it!

#26554 2 years ago

Bowden revealed as new American Pinball employee on deadflip stream. Glad he escaped. Good time to prune a few sections from FunWithBonus.

#26555 2 years ago

Bowden revealed as new American Pinball employee on deadflip stream. Glad he escaped. Good time to prune a few sections from FunWithBonus.

Yea, glad he scored another pinball gig. Steve is a good dude.

bowden (resized).pngbowden (resized).png
#26556 2 years ago

Live blogging pacer attempts round two

Trying the same thing as yesterday because maybe it was a temporary error. It wasn't. $.10.

Clicked something that ran a report listing the files in the case. It's pretty much the same info as what's on courtlistener, except it cost $.40.

I'm realizing there's special dread when you go from clicking heedlessly across the internet willy nilly and then find yourself in some confusing government database you don't understand where any link might inadvertently spool off a unwanted request that costs you hundreds of dollars

OK, have something. At the bottom of that last report, a few details about the most recent filing:

Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Xavier Rodriguez: Motion Hearing-Preliminary Injunction Hearing held on 10/25/2021 re 6 Joint MOTION for Preliminary Injunction , Asset Freeze, and Accounting filed by Securities and Exchange Commission (Minute entry documents are not available electronically.). (Court Reporter Gigi Simcox.)(bc) (Entered: 10/25/2021)

And there we have it "Minute entry documents are not available electronically." Damn. Looks like we'd need a local to swing by for this one.

#26557 2 years ago

Tried the same thing as yesterday because maybe it was a temporary error. It wasn't, so $.10 more.
Clicked something that ran a report listing the files in the case. Pretty much the same except it cost another $.40.

Geez! You're in this for around a buck now. Have you started a go fund me yet?

#26558 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Geez! You're in this for around a buck now. Have you started a go fund me yet?

Not yet, but I applied for a PPP loan

#26559 2 years ago

You get a $3.00 credit per quarter so you don’t technically owe anything yet

As for the hearings - it would’ve been fun to listen in. I’m assuming that we’d need to follow some sort of other government database or show up in person to participate.

#26560 2 years ago

Stern just sold 199 Elvira Reboot-LEs for $25k+ a pop. If Robert wasn’t a scumbag thieving asshole & launched in 2021 with a reasonable plan & goodwill from the community, he might have sold some games….buuut he chose to be an evil prick. Oh well!

#26561 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern just sold 199 Elvira Reboot-LEs for $25k+ a pop. If Robert wasn’t a scumbag thieving asshole & launched in 2021 with a reasonable plan & goodwill from the community, he might have sold some games….buuut he chose to be an evil prick. Oh well!

Sorry, personality and dishonesty aside - he had 0 chance of this

#26562 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern just sold 199 Elvira Reboot-LEs for $25k+ a pop.

Lets not drag stupid buyers into this.

#26563 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sorry, personality and dishonesty aside - he had 0 chance of this

Lol - I dunno, in 2021 - ANYTHING sells. 500 Legends of Valhalla?! Da fuq?!?!

#26564 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Lol - I dunno, in 2021 - ANYTHING sells. 500 Legends of Valhalla?! Da fuq?!?!

FOMO and “limited” marketing again!

#26565 2 years ago

Punny Factory would be a test of just how insane the market is. Still don’t think they’d sell more than 10.

LOV at least has some good will and a mature original theme behind it, built from a functional company (partially staffed from rescuing people in the wake of JPop jet-skiing his way up shit creek)

#26566 2 years ago

I still think what sank RAZA - aside from the whole scam thing - was the Pinbar. Specifically the metal fabrication of it having to integrate cleanly with a fixed size LCD with no bezel.

It would have been a challenge even for Stern using it in 10k games a year... For 120 units during an 80 year bad parts shortage? [insert Spider-Man 2 laugh here]

#26567 2 years ago

I think what sunk DR was UL certification afterthought. When you announce you will be delivering pins before this step you are way out of your league in manufacturing.

754730E7-20DB-4CA5-AE0B-2B4A5FE96FD4.gif754730E7-20DB-4CA5-AE0B-2B4A5FE96FD4.gif
#26568 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I think what sunk DR was UL certification afterthought. When you announce you will be delivering pins before this step you are way out of your league in manufacturing.
[quoted image]

You sure it wasn't the massive financial scamming, lack of any experience, no manufacturing knowledge or ability, ridiculously huge ego of the "principal", constant goalpost shifting by said egomaniac, lack of any real direction, horrible choices all around, over-hiring for positions that weren't needed, buying totally unnecessary expensive equipment, using company funds on a condo in Hawaii, or any other of the number of crazy crap we have come to find out.

It was uL certification??? Come on man!

#26569 2 years ago

And the biggest tragedy is they were SO CLOSE to completing that pesky UL certification process and righting the ship. What could have been!

#26570 2 years ago

There were too many to mention. But the UL certification was the icing on the failcake. I think people were still holding out until that one got revealed. It was at that moment everyone who put a down payment knew something was seriously wrong and they were probably gonna get screwed (except Ice of course)

#26571 2 years ago

Like none of it ever even happened...

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.57.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.57.34 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.52.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-27 at 5.52.39 AM (resized).png

It must steam Robert's beans to see reminders of his unappreciated pinball genius wiped from the internet (when he isn't the one doing the wiping).

#26572 2 years ago

So what you’re saying is Deeproot might not have value on a resume, right below served time in prison?

#26573 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Here's a letter:
Dear John;
GO AWAY
Signed, us.

Dear Ben,
You keep bringing him up.
Signed, "Wonder what the King of Hacks is doing now with his sugar daddy deposed?"

#26574 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Dear Ben,
You keep bringing him up.
Signed, "Wonder what the King of Hacks is doing now with his sugar daddy deposed?"

Yeah. It's like a basement where you fixed a black mold problem - gotta keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't return.

#26575 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah. It's like a basement where you fixed a black mold problem - gotta keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't return.

Well, since you put it That way...

#26576 2 years ago

So what you’re saying is Deeproot might not have value on a resume, right below served time in prison?

And poor Bobby will have to contend with both

#26577 2 years ago

There were too many to mention. But the UL certification was the icing on the failcake. I think people were still holding out until that one got revealed. It was at that moment everyone who put a down payment knew something was seriously wrong and they were probably gonna get screwed (except Ice of course)

Wrong again. Those people had no intention of reading the tea leaves or heeding ANY red flags. They were blinded to the end.

#26578 2 years ago

And there we have it "Minute entry documents are not available electronically." Damn. Looks like we'd need a local to swing by for this one.

This is a little weird, imho, although it could be a typical practice in the Western District of Texas for all I know. I suppose it's possible that the parties agreed that certain matters which were discussed during the hearing should be protected from public disclosure, although I would expect to see some subsequent filings designating the information being protected.

The case, procedurally, is off to kind of an odd start. The parties jointly submitted an order freezing assets, ordering an accounting, and issuing a preliminary injunction where everything was agreed upon except for the money Mueller is requesting he be allowed to use for personal expenses and attorneys' fees. For the most part in civil litigation, something is either jointly agreed upon in its entirety or not at all.

Here's the thing about preliminary injunctions: they're generally very expensive. Requests for injunctive relief are sort of like a case within a case, and courts want to resolve them very quickly. Typically, the parties will engage in discovery (written requests for information as well as depositions) limited to the issues raised in the PI motion, then file briefs, then have a hearing where live witnesses are called (and/or stipulated testimony is entered into the record), then probably submit proposals for the court's actual written ruling, and all of this happens much, much faster than when those same steps happen in the case-in-chief. Because of the expedited schedule, attorneys have to sink a ton of hours into the case in a short amount of time, racking up huge legal bills. Plus, depending on what's requested in discovery, the process of actually responding to discovery can be costly if you need to hire an e-discovery vendor or use a firm's e-discovery team.

Mueller has essentially cut out of all those steps and just agreed to everything the government wanted except for that cash, which they are simply addressing via briefing (and the hearing, which appears to have only been one day, if that). My guess is Mueller acknowledged that the government's motion would almost certainly be granted regardless of how hard they fought, so they decided to proceed this way to keep from burning tons of cash on legal bills before even getting to the meat and potatoes of the case-in-chief.

#26579 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Punny Factory would be a test of just how insane the market is. Still don’t think they’d sell more than 10.

Yeaaaah…the theme is so incredibly lame & McBanus has already burnt so many bridges amongst the hobbyists, I can’t imagine who would buy one…even in the 2021 bonkers scene.

#26580 2 years ago

Some additional info on what exactly a "minute entry" is:

https://askinglot.com/what-are-minute-entries

#26581 2 years ago

Like none of it ever even happened...

Fascinating to watch the collective delete button going on.

#26582 2 years ago

Checking up on some of Robert's lesser legal issues. Deeproot vs. G Force was disposed a month ago. Can legal people explain what happened?

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 11.44.04 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-27 at 11.44.04 AM (resized).png

https://portal-txbexar.tylertech.cloud/app/RegisterOfActions/#/5158B236775D18688A6ADDC48FFFE25EB57A1942FDE0C85D3EF887B334E893BEAF9432DEFA6DDFA19323895E8B7FCD80/anon/portalembed

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 11.44.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-10-27 at 11.44.56 AM (resized).png

#26583 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

dam youre right.. i swear it used to degrade my videos when i uploaded. cant be a mobile thing because i have 1080p videos i know i recorded on my phone. why would anyone restrict a video to 480p?

It's a temp thing. Still does it (at least on free accounts). It is low res until it's finished their processing.

#26584 2 years ago

Checking up on some of Robert's lesser legal issues. Deeproot vs. G Force was disposed a month ago. Can legal people explain what happened?
[quoted image]
https://portal-txbexar.tylertech.cloud/app/RegisterOfActions/#/5158B236775D18688A6ADDC48FFFE25EB57A1942FDE0C85D3EF887B334E893BEAF9432DEFA6DDFA19323895E8B7FCD80/anon/portalembed
[quoted image]

It was a default judgment. Looks like GForce folded up shop - if you google them, google shows them as “permanently closed.”

Another deeproot victim? Sounds even worse when it looks like deeproot damaged the equipment and blamed it on the vendor...

#26585 2 years ago

I think what sunk DR was UL certification afterthought...[quoted image]

Nah, it probably wasn't. You just don't wait on certification of one - at least not if you know what you are doing and if it's only ~120 pins. Build all them (or least a fair amount) and then do mods to fix the minor hiccups - then out the door. Did it for 30+years on production runs that were much, much higher. Granted, not iPhone production numbers, but enough that if you knew what you were doing, you started to get the line running at least minimally. We only saw a couple of Raza's at most.

Just guessing, the 1 or 2 built never went thru UL or even EMI testing. Smoke screen...

Added over 2 years ago:

I should add, I was mostly involved w/EMI - not UL.

#26586 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Nah, it probably wasn't. You just don't wait on certification of one - at least not if you know what you are doing and if it's only ~120 pins. Build all them (or least a fair amount) and then do mods to fix the minor hiccups - then out there door. Did it for 30+years on production runs that were much, much higher. Granted, not iPhone production numbers, but enough that if you knew what you were doing, you started to get the line running at least minimally. We only saw a couple of Raza's at most.
Just guessing, the 1 or 2 built never went thru UL or even EMI testing. Smoke screen...

Yeah I think the whole UL cert thing was mostly just another con to buy more time and keep the suckers on the hook.

#26587 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still think what sank RAZA - aside from the whole scam thing - was the Pinbar. Specifically the metal fabrication of it having to integrate cleanly with a fixed size LCD with no bezel.
It would have been a challenge even for Stern using it in 10k games a year... For 120 units during an 80 year bad parts shortage? [insert Spider-Man 2 laugh here]

The lockdown bar is tough, but can be made. Takes a quality sheet metal fabricator.

Pinbar (resized).pngPinbar (resized).png
#26588 2 years ago

Has anybody stopped by the deeproot booth at Expo yet? Or...

Total Pinball Expo Experience (resized).pngTotal Pinball Expo Experience (resized).png
#26589 2 years ago
Quoted from WillSmuz8999:

The lockdown bar is tough, but can be made. Takes a quality sheet metal fabricator.
[quoted image]

Whoah! Where is that from?

#26590 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Has anybody stopped by the deeproot booth at Expo yet? Or...[quoted image]

I thought this was the Deeproot Expo booth?

E90BF8AA-9AB5-44A0-BED0-BFE2546BB67C.gifE90BF8AA-9AB5-44A0-BED0-BFE2546BB67C.gif
#26591 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Whoah! Where is that from?

Ben ~ From our shop. We are sitting on these and the playfield glass frame. Tough F'ing situation.

#26592 2 years ago

Ben ~ From our shop. We are sitting on these and the playfield glass frame. Tough F'ing situation.

Ouch. How many?

#26593 2 years ago

Aw man. Sorry to hear that. But nice work.

#26594 2 years ago

Wait, am I reading this right that you made stuff for deeproot including the pinbar and you have some extra ones?

#26595 2 years ago

Maybe a nice souvenir picture frame? How much? Lol

#26596 2 years ago

I can't provide quantity yet. We made all the metal for this game. Waiting to see if anything positive happens, but we like many, are in a long line. I believe first comes the lawyers, then the investors, and lastly the creditors -- not enough money is possibly available to reach us.
That is my idea, once the waiting period is over, to possibly sell as a boat anchor for your office. I'll keep you posted. The playfield glass holder turned out so well. "I dealt with Deeproot, and all I got was this lousy Pinbar!"

#26597 2 years ago

I can't provide quantity yet. We made all the metal for this game. Waiting to see if anything positive happens, but we like many, are in a long line. I believe first comes the lawyers, then the investors, and lastly the creditors -- not enough money is possibly available to reach us.
That is my idea, once the waiting period is over, to possibly sell as a boat anchor for your office. I'll keep you posted. The playfield glass holder turned out so well. "I dealt with Deeproot, and all I got was this lousy Pinbar!"

You should sell them with random notorious Robert Muller Quotes inside the Pinbar window

635C12EF-3ED0-45A8-AD9F-5270477E74F1 (resized).jpeg635C12EF-3ED0-45A8-AD9F-5270477E74F1 (resized).jpeg
#26598 2 years ago

I would buy one!

#26599 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ah - I guess wrong on this whole pinbar manufacturing theory? You must not be a mechanical engineer with fab knowledge. Lol.

#26600 2 years ago

You should sell them with random notorious Robert Muller Quotes inside the Pinbar window[quoted image]

Yes! That would be awesome!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 532 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/532?hl=greenandwhite and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.