AB35293A-C145-49C1-BC6F-64C254A70DA6.jpeg
MICHAEL_BATTLESTAR (resized).png
PXL_20210722_145543956~2 (resized).jpg
Opera Snapshot_2021-11-24_162046_www.bing.com (resized).png
DA60EE75-C6A2-4E8C-A885-5F087EF4D963 (resized).jpeg
2 D60602F6-18EF-41BF-840D-37CD69F17AA8 NEW (resized).jpeg
3 What_are_you_looking_at_butthead (resized).jpg
1 photo4jpg (resized).jpg
258c77e2-3238-4088-b099-f47868e43a11.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
incompetent (resized).png
deepcoot (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-11-17 at 10.35.14 PM.png

Topic index (key posts)

98 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 546.
#26401 48 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

There should be a Deeproot themed pinball machine where your score starts at 60 million and you try to blow your points as fast as possible. Let's brainstorm. What modes would you include?

Preorder hurryup and octomanufacturing multiball. Both modes burn points like you've never seen before.

#26402 48 days ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

There should be a Deeproot themed pinball machine where your score starts at 60 million and you try to blow your points as fast as possible. Let's brainstorm. What modes would you include?

MOVE YOUR CAR ... From the reserved parking spot for Famous Pinball Designers Only.

#26403 48 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Steals $60 million.
Is now selling pins to pay the bills.
What a fucking LOSER. Sad that this paper tiger was able to bully so many into silence.

Not sure "Bully" is the right term. He's a fat fu.. that couldn't fight his way out of wet paper bag without having a heart attack. He was throwing money around like he was Besos or Gates and the only reason I did not challenge his threats was because in no way did I want to throw good money away with bad. To be honest , It did bother me he didn't legally have the IP and I felt guilt for a long time for not challenging it, however I also knew he didn't care what or how much he would spend money on. As it turns out not his money! This guy was and still is a total piece of shit !

#26404 48 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Forget school. XBOX live is a cesspool of swearing and racism by what sounds like 7 year-olds.

Man I miss MW2 lobbies

#26405 48 days ago

Just a side note on the nuclear energy hate... pressurized and boiling water reactors are fundamentally flawed and dirty because they were invented and operated to support the nuclear arms and weapons programs early on during the Manhattan project. Thorium based nuclear power, which does not support nuclear weapons manufacture, is a way safer and cleaner and even proven technology. If we really get serious about solving global warming, Thorium based nuclear energy will be what saves our bacon. Oh and RM is a scammer delux just to stay on topic a little.

#26406 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Just a side note on the nuclear energy hate... pressurized and boiling water reactors are fundamentally flawed and dirty because they were invented and operated to support the nuclear arms and weapons programs early on during the Manhattan project. Thorium based nuclear power, which does not support nuclear weapons manufacture, is a way safer and cleaner and even proven technology. If we really get serious about solving global warming, Thorium based nuclear energy will be what saves our bacon. Oh and RM is a scammer delux just to stay on topic a little.

maxresdefault (resized).jpg
#26407 48 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I made the mistake of reading this. Just made me very angry.

I feel equally as angry. I can almost hear his condescending and self-indulgent voice reciting all of those statements. Makes my skin crawl.

#26408 48 days ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Not sure "Bully" is the right term. He's a fat fu.. that couldn't fight his way out of wet paper bag without having a heart attack. He was throwing money around like he was Besos or Gates and the only reason I did not challenge his threats was because in no way did I want to throw good money away with bad. To be honest , It did bother me he didn't legally have the IP and I felt guilt for a long time for not challenging it, however I also knew he didn't care what or how much he would spend money on. As it turns out not his money! This guy was and still is a total piece of shit !

Most of us expected yet another failed company. It's shocking how much of a SCAM it all was - evidenced by how he's instantly penniless after the SEC cuts him off.

#26409 48 days ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

No, IT just HAS to be inefficient and unpredictable wind and or sun. THEY won't have it any other way..

#26410 47 days ago

Is the 3rd wife an ex yet?

…just something else to add to the Schadenfreude

#26413 47 days ago

Haven't you heard? All science has been settled!

#26414 47 days ago

Are court proceeding "public domain"?
Given the amount of scams here... maybe we need to design a community pinball machine using outtakes and real-life scams as an example.
JPOP, Predator, Alien, and now DeepRott.
Maybe instead of point; you rake in the cash until either caught by a licensor or the SEC.
See if you can escape jail in the wizard mode.

I know this isn't a laughing matter - but something good has got to come from this. :S

#26415 47 days ago

I think it’s a bit different when considering the massive scale of fraud and theft here. Robert stole/lost several times more than Heighway, JPop (the first time), Skit B, Dutch, etc combined. This is the SEC trying to nail a guy to the wall. I think that’s why we’re seeing a lot more activity.

#26416 47 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think it’s a bit different when considering the massive scale of fraud and theft here. Robert stole/lost several times more than Heighway, JPop (the first time), Skit B, Dutch, etc combined. This is the SEC trying to nail a guy to the wall. I think that’s why we’re seeing a lot more activity.

All a rogues gallery of failures, conmen, incompetents and crooks - Robert/Deeproot probably the worst actor of the bunch. He's kind of the Al Capone of the pinball criminals.

#26417 47 days ago

Not really... Al Capone actually delivered product.

#26418 47 days ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

Not really... Al Capone actually delivered product.

Yes, true, but did you consider there’s probably nothing in RMs safe either (well … except IOUs) ?

#26419 47 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Robert/Deeproot probably the worst actor of the bunch. He's kind of the Al Capone of the pinball criminals.

Capone and Deeproot? Does that mean that there's going to be a vault edition?

#26420 47 days ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Capone and Deeproot? Does that mean that there's going to be a vault edition?

vault (resized).png
#26421 45 days ago
5qt3v7 (resized).jpg
#26422 44 days ago

The ghost of Christmas future presents,
Robert mueller in...............................

#26423 43 days ago

Any update?

#26424 43 days ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image]

I remember watching this live lol.

#26425 43 days ago

Update: Nothing has been put out that definitively says you won't be getting your RAZA.

#26426 43 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Update: Nothing has been put out that definitively says you won't be getting your RAZA.

You need to post that in the DR good vibes thread

#26427 43 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So maybe the pinball glass is half full?

#26428 43 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There are 2 RAZA protos. That's it. Done.

Let Ice and the rest of the sycophants fight over them when the government auction tries to claw back 1% of what Robert stole to return to the victims.

Ironically, the government will spend more pursuing this case than they will recover.

#26429 43 days ago

Oh come on Ben you're not the only one allowed to have fun in here.

#26430 42 days ago

Remember the good old days when there was nearly too much deeproot nonsense to keep up with? I miss them.

Anyway, minorest of minor updates: many deeproot folks have finally been updating their linkedins to officially call it a day. The most recognizable names among them are Quinn Johnson and Jon Norris. Quinn added an end date for the deeproot entry. Jon erased disappeared that part like a magical jpop poof. One facebook too. Probably a good idea.

#26431 42 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Remember the good old days when there was nearly too much deeproot nonsense to keep up with? I miss them.
Anyway, minorest of minor updates: many deeproot folks have finally been updating their linkedins to officially call it a day. The most recognizable names among them are Quinn Johnson and Jon Norris. Quinn added an end date for the deeproot entry. Jon erased disappeared that part like a magical jpop poof. One facebook too. Probably a good idea.

Are these people on some sort of NDA or are they allowed to speak out at this point? I might actually listen to one of the more respectable pinball podcasts to hear some of the bigger names from DR interviewed and speaking truthfully about what went on behind the scenes.

#26432 42 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Are these people on some sort of NDA or are they allowed to speak out at this point? I might actually listen to one of the more respectable pinball podcasts to hear some of the bigger names from DR interviewed and speaking truthfully about what went on behind the scenes.

Everyone at DeepRoot was NDA'd up the colon. NDA's just to VISIT or apply!

When they expire probably varies by employee. Might be another year before we get any real (public) dirt.

#26433 42 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Can a NDA even be enforced if the company is belly up? Maybe the IP could be still covered under NDA if it's an asset, but who wants it?

Not being sarcastic, just don't know.

#26434 42 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Can a NDA even be enforced if the company is belly up? Maybe the IP could be still covered under NDA if it's an asset, but who wants it?
Not being sarcastic, just don't know.

Regardless of whether RM is belly up or down, I doubt he’ll be prosecuting NDAs. He doesn’t have the means to pay his bills without ill gotten money.

#26435 42 days ago

Speaking of NDA's, Jpooper told me a story about working on Episode One pinball.

He said that to goto Skywalker Ranch, and look at the stuff regarding the movie to make the pin, you signed an NDA with the penalty being forfeiture of YOUR HOUSE!

Seems extreme but effective. Maybe that's where his love affair with NDA's began?

#26436 42 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Speaking of NDA's, Jpooper told me a story about working on Episode One pinball.
He said that to goto Skywalker Ranch, and look at the stuff regarding the movie to make the pin, you signed an NDA with the penalty being forfeiture of YOUR HOUSE!
Seems extreme but effective. Maybe that's where his love affair with NDA's began?

This is basically true. They didn't say your house specifically, but if there were any leaks, and they could prove they came from you, and they felt that it impacted their revenues in any way, they could personally come after you for all of it. So if they made a couple of hundred million less revenue worldwide because of your leak, your house would be the least of your worries. And that's how serious they were about it - to read the script, you had to do it at Skywalker Ranch, with a physical copy they handed you and took back, and no pictures allowed. You could take notes.

#26437 42 days ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Can a NDA even be enforced if the company is belly up?

The bigger issue is the culture of fear. Yeah, I'm certain there are no legal risks, but if everyone's still afraid they're not going to spill anything.

#26438 42 days ago
Quoted from frolic:

The bigger issue is the culture of fear. Yeah, I'm certain there are no legal risks, but if everyone's still afraid they're not going to spill anything.

Subpoena to a Grand Jury will loosen that up

#26439 42 days ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Subpoena to a Grand Jury will loosen that up

Wouldn't be surprised if some employees have to testify.

#26440 42 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wouldn't be surprised if some employees have to testify.

"well you see your honor, I kept getting checks and my starbucks app refilled with money, so I kept sketching new pinball layouts. I had no idea Robert was stealing that money. I once stole a million dollars in pre-order money, but I had no idea you could steal 60 million. Robert is my idol."

JPOP_court (resized).png

#26441 42 days ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

"well you see your honor, I kept getting checks and my starbucks app refilled with money, so I kept sketching new pinball layouts. I had no idea Robert was stealing that money. I once stole a million dollars in pre-order money, but I had no idea you could steal 60 million. Robert is my idol."
[quoted image]

Bravo. I think you win today! The last few lines were perfect!

#26442 41 days ago

Temporary outages or have dangling shoes finally dropped?

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 2.04.22 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 2.05.23 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 2.05.37 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 2.04.04 PM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 2.10.13 PM (resized).png

If this in fact goodbye, RIP friends. You were very, very funny.

#26443 41 days ago

Nah they just forgot to renew NBD. Still no word from deeproot leadership that they've abandoned production.

#26444 41 days ago

Dammit! With pinaccess.com down all our scores will remain STATIC!

#26445 41 days ago
Quoted from benheck:

Dammit! With pinaccess.com down all our scores will remain STATIC!

Nice one.

More bad news

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 4.18.15 PM (resized).png

#26446 41 days ago

My name is Robert Mueller, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

#26447 41 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Temporary outages or have dangling shoes finally dropped?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
If this in fact goodbye, RIP friends. You were very, very funny.

Looks like the web host is offline. The domain names don't expire for a while yet.

#26448 41 days ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like the web host is offline. The domain names don't expire for a while yet.

I did see the domains are still registered. Didn't check host. Hope you're right! When the sites finally come down, the world will be diminished for the fun to laugh at stupidity.

#26449 41 days ago

It's a free for all for the first one to trademark
"PinPod!"

#26450 41 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My name is Robert Mueller, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

I want some of what you're smoking

There are 27,253 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 546.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside