Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 528 of 672.
#26351 2 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I thought that too! Turns out he is a family physician in Utah.

80,000 at a family practice, that's a lot of visits

#26352 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

It’s just amazing that a person like this has the goddamn audacity to ask for what amounts to an $8500/month “allowance” (made up of the very funds he conned from his investors) rather than sacking up, showing some fucking humility, and maybe living a less luxurious lifestyle than the one he’s been living to date.
Zero remorse, zero responsibility. What a spineless husk of a person. Embarrassing to the human race.

People like this are just a different breed. You can sit down with this kind of person and within two minutes he'd explain how he's just as big a victim as anyone else in this scenario. And he'd genuinely believe it.

Bad wiring.

#26353 2 years ago
DeweyCheatemAndHowe (resized).jpgDeweyCheatemAndHowe (resized).jpg
#26355 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

We should be seeing a response from RM today or tomorrow (by 5 I believe) about how he should be allowed to spend other people’s money on living expenses...

Looks like someone filed a request for a time extension for the response. The PDF doesn't seem to be available quite yet.

#26356 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Mueller has squandered all but roughly $400,000 of the more than $60 million raised from investors

So with that much money left, i might still get my RAZA?!

8ACC971C-FD16-4796-8C7B-32FA235BC01F (resized).png8ACC971C-FD16-4796-8C7B-32FA235BC01F (resized).png
#26357 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Looks like someone filed a request for a time extension for the response. The PDF doesn't seem to be available quite yet.

It shows up, as I recall, after someone with the appropriate browser extension buys it from pacer. Unfortunately, I don't recall the extension.

#26358 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

I have little use for those who use offensive language on this public forum. My kids read this.

My kids make fun of me for reading Pinside.

#26359 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

It shows up, as I recall, after someone with the appropriate browser extension buys it from pacer. Unfortunately, I don't recall the extension.

Looks like some stuff has appeared.

There's been a 30 day extension for further filing.

Also - looks like Deeproot is about to file for bankruptcy. I guess you might be able to buy a half-completed RAZA at some point!

Finally, the SEC notes that there is approximately $400,000 in cash left in all of the
accounts, including those of the Relief Defendants and in Mueller’s personal accounts. But it fails
to note that these entities still control other assets that, while less liquid, are still worth millions of
dollars, including life insurance policies, partially completed pinball machines, manufacturing
equipment, and pinball parts. These liquidity problems were only exacerbated by the SEC’s own
actions, including the filing of the Complaint in the middle of Mueller’s attempts (coordinated
with the SEC) to identify a potential DIP-lender for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Ooh - this is interesting.

The United States Attorney’s Office recently sent Mueller a target letter, which can be made available to the Court
for in camera review or filed under seal, if requested

What is a target letter?

A target letter is a written letter issued to a witness who has been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury. Target letters are issued by United States Attorney’s Offices, which form the prosecutorial arm of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ). Each federal district has a U.S. Attorney’s Office, and Assistant U.S. Attorneys can issue target letters in connection with federal investigations that are pending in their respective jurisdictions.

#26360 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

How's that electricity generated? ...not sure it's really that more 'planet friendly' than just burning good ol' gas once you've factored in the long term cost of lithium batteries, mining of rare minerals needed to produce and near 3mile island type disposal problems once spent.
https://unctad.org/news/developing-countries-pay-environmental-cost-electric-car-batteries
https://www.prageru.com/video/whats-wrong-with-wind-and-solar

Oh, and to keep this on topic - deeproot, RM and Jpoop are thieves.

Prager U?

#26361 2 years ago

I see the acting chairman of the SEC has some pinball in his personal family history. Maybe that’ll make him take a DEEP dive into this thing even more so

2C87A8FF-122D-4DEB-B4EA-39062E5F7B0C (resized).jpeg2C87A8FF-122D-4DEB-B4EA-39062E5F7B0C (resized).jpeg
#26362 2 years ago

Perhaps this thread should get a new title. Since deeproot proved to be a big ol' scam rather than a pinball company, I propose a change to something reflecting that.

#26363 2 years ago

It was more incompetence than intentional scam . Intent matters to me in the final judgement - many will disagree . That’s okay .

#26364 2 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

It was more incompetence than intentional scam . Intent matters to me in the final judgement - many will disagree . That’s okay .

I'll buy that with the original JPop/Zidware fiasco. By the time deeproot was taking pre-order money while knowing they could never produce the games and that the SEC was hot on their tails... well, that's intentional scam.

#26365 2 years ago

Buying a condo in Hawaii with people's retirement money is not incompetence.

#26366 2 years ago

I actually believe the comparisons to Dumb and Dumber are actually pretty good. In the movie they believed they could pay back their IOUs.

#26367 2 years ago

I’m not saying punishment isn’t warranted . But RM believed all along ( naively) that pinball machines would somehow magically flow from his “factory” eventually . You don’t invest millions , rent facilities , hire loads of talent , and build and improve prototypes to scam a few hundred thousand . There absolutely need to be consequences but this was not a planned scam .

#26368 2 years ago

The thing is, he was so arrogant and grandiose in his plans, the majority of his customer base was quite suspicious from day one. This surely had a bearing on how many orders were placed when the ordering period opened. If he would have been humble and kept his mouth shut from the beginning, there would have been many more hundreds of pinheads taken by this.

#26369 2 years ago

You opinion just happens to be wrong and that's okay too. This dude ran a huge scam.

#26370 2 years ago

He was incompentently, intentionally scamming people really.

BB19ZLNI (resized).jpgBB19ZLNI (resized).jpg
#26371 2 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

He was incompentently, intentionally scamming people really.
[quoted image]

There’s a fringe religious practice called “bleeding the beast” where you use any tactics necessary to get as much as you can out of the government. I suspect that consciously (or at least unconsciously) this practice also extends to people that might be considered to be better off or those that might be considered to be undeserving of their wealth. Take “bleeding the beast,” overestimation of one’s ability, and a flagrant carelessness towards other people’s interests, and you end up in a bit of a quagmire.

#26372 2 years ago

No way was this just incompetence.

#26373 2 years ago

If he really did spend company money on all those cruises, schools etc... Yeah. SCAM.

Anyone stupid enough to do this and not think they'd get caught isn't smart enough to manufacture something as complex as a pinball machine.

Wonder if the SEC will become the new "Fox whistle-blower" for the sycophants... "If only they hadn't been ratted out"

#26374 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#26375 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Perhaps this thread should get a new title

For me you can rename it to the Schadenfreude thread.

#26376 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

No way was this just incompetence.

It's never "just" one thing. It's unlikely he came up with a plan to steal $60 million and spend some of it making pinball machines. It was incompetence that he (probably) believed he could make enough money manufacturing pinball machines to repay his investors. It was scammy that he deceived the investors in the first place.

But 'investments' are borderline shady a significant percentage of the time. You don't have ethical auditors looking over the books of every investment and private company, then publicizing the results. People invest without performing due diligence far too often. It's a rare individual that has both the time and ability to do so. We depend on investment advisors who also turn out to be shady or we minimize risk and reward by sticking with traditional stocks and mutual funds.

The desire for a shortcut to wealth is as old as humanity and there is no shortage of scumbags willing to capitalize on that desire.

#26377 2 years ago

I’m not saying punishment isn’t warranted . But RM believed all along ( naively) that pinball machines would somehow magically flow from his “factory” eventually . You don’t invest millions , rent facilities , hire loads of talent , and build and improve prototypes to scam a few hundred thousand . There absolutely need to be consequences but this was not a planned scam .

When you think you can repair the stolen money before anyone knows... that's a scam.

When you don't stick to your own legal requirements... and knowingly break them to your own benefit.. that's a scam.

#26378 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you think you can repair the stolen money before anyone knows... that's a scam.
When you don't stick to your own legal requirements... and knowingly break them to your own benefit.. that's a scam.

When your victims are the elderly...that's a scam.

#26379 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

We should be generating it all from nuclear (which is actually safe and clean as it is,

This is an ignorant misinformation talking point. Nuclear waste is nasty,deadly,and there is no way to dispose of it. The first nuclear waste ever created is still here, still toxic, with no way to get rid of it.
No new nuclear waste dumps are being built, the ones we have are nearly full, and the majority are Superfund cesspools.
nuclear power is neither clean,or safe. That mess in Fukushima Japan is still going on, polluting the ocean with waste water and killing fishing grounds.
Please stop saying,or believing,or teaching that nuclear energy is clean, its dirty as hell.

#26380 2 years ago

It's a scam when they ask for pre-order money after depleting the investor money and while under SEC investigation with no product.

#26381 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:It's never "just" one thing. It's unlikely he came up with a plan to steal $60 million and spend some of it making pinball machines. It was incompetence that he (probably) believed he could make enough money manufacturing pinball machines to repay his investors. It was scammy that he deceived the investors in the first place.

This idea that "I'll make enough in pinball to get the investors their return" sort of goes out the window when you look at how he treated that money as his own personal piggybank. Cruises, jewelry, etc., that is not covered by "well, it says we can put 50% in other investments", that is illegal use of funds, plain and simple. It is clear that he felt this was 'his money' to do as he pleases, which no matter what fancy name you want to put it, it is stealing and makes him a thief and we can only hope that he fully pays for his transgressions.

#26382 2 years ago

In Jeff Foxworthy's voice:

"You might be a scammer if..."

#26383 2 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

"well, it says we can put 50% in other investments", that is illegal use of funds, plain and simple.

The SEC also made it incredibly clear in their initial complaint that the "investments" the Funds were making in other Deeproot companies, weren't even really investments. Without any debt or investment agreements in place, Mueller was just stealing the money, plain and simple. His only attempt to formalize the arrangement was a belated "Investment Allocation Agreement" which he signed on behalf of all parties, claiming that the Funds were entitled to 40% of "Net Quarterly Income" (from a company which had no income).

#26384 2 years ago
Quoted from spoke:

This idea that "I'll make enough in pinball to get the investors their return" sort of goes out the window when you look at how he treated that money as his own personal piggybank. Cruises, jewelry, etc., that is not covered by "well, it says we can put 50% in other investments", that is illegal use of funds, plain and simple. It is clear that he felt this was 'his money' to do as he pleases, which no matter what fancy name you want to put it, it is stealing and makes him a thief and we can only hope that he fully pays for his transgressions.

Very very early in this RM stated it was his money.

#26385 2 years ago

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1144501/gov.uscourts.txwd.1144501.18.0.pdf

Mueller's response is now live.

"Those assertions are also largely irrelevant to the question before the Court, which is whether Mueller should have the ability to house and feed his family as this litigation proceeds."

"As the SEC admits in its brief, Mueller has informed the SEC that the funds were proceeds from the sale of Mueller’s personal assets.1 In 2015, 2016, and 2018, Mueller purchased multiple pinball machines on credit cards. The balance on those credit cards was later paid by one of the entity Defendants as part of the non-payroll compensation provided to Mueller. Mueller later sold several of those machines and placed those funds in the Disputed Accounts with the intention of using those funds to pay his living expenses."

"But Mueller is not requesting that the funds in counsel’s trust account be used for this civil action. Rather, he is asking the Court to permit these funds to be used in the parallel criminal action." "

"The SEC does not dispute that it instigated the criminal investigation by referring its Complaint to the United States Attorney’s Office or that the investigation is ongoing. "

So, confirmed that the criminal investigation is now real?

#26386 2 years ago

"But it fails to note that these entities still control other assets that, while less liquid, are still worth millions of dollars, including life insurance policies, partially completed pinball machines, manufacturing equipment, and pinball parts."

It's hilarious how often pinball is coming up in these documents.

#26387 2 years ago

A narcissist has an inflated sense of self importance as this jackass clearly does. That Dr. Death miniseries story runs parallel to this guy.
Watch it and you will see how the brain of Deeproot thinks.

Let us all hope for a similar ending…

#26388 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

"Fox whistle-blower"

More like "Facebook whistleblower."

#26389 2 years ago

Robert is probably thanking his lucky stars he hasn't abandoned his third family yet. He'll be bringing up his sweet, new, innocent baby for pity points in court until the day he's thrown into prison.

#26390 2 years ago

Is there a way to tell from https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/ the content of entries with no accompanying document, like "Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply" and "Set/Reset Answer Deadline"?

#26391 2 years ago

Steals $60 million.

Is now selling pins to pay the bills.

What a fucking LOSER. Sad that this paper tiger was able to bully so many into silence.

#26392 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sad that this paper tiger was able to bulky so many into silence.

I can see this being literally true...

#26393 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

partially completed pinball machines, manufacturing equipment, and pinball parts."

Anyone have any idea how many partially completed games exist? Volume of parts laying around? Leaked pictures so far sure don't show much.

#26394 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Is there a way to tell from https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/ the content of entries with no accompanying document, like "Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply" and "Set/Reset Answer Deadline"?

Text Order GRANTING 17 Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply entered by Judge Xavier Rodriguez. The deadline for all Defendants and Relief Defendants to file an answer or other responsive pleading is hereby extended through and until November 19, 2021. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (ldox) (Entered: 10/13/2021)

Reset Deadlines: Answer Due 11/19/21 as to all Defendants and Relief Defendants. (bc) (Entered: 10/14/2021)

#26395 2 years ago

I made the mistake of reading this. Just made me very angry.

Hey, Mueller, you need to pay personal expenses? Get a proper paying job like the rest of us. What’s that? Deeproot’s books are 10 months out of date and no one but you can fix that? No one to blame but yourself for that problem.

#26396 2 years ago

Robert has done such an amazing job of not accounting his fraud, why wouldn’t the SEC want him in charge of doing the books related to his civil and criminal investigation.

#26397 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

"As the SEC admits in its brief, Mueller has informed the SEC that the funds were proceeds from the sale of Mueller’s personal assets.1 In 2015, 2016, and 2018, Mueller purchased multiple pinball machines on credit cards. The balance on those credit cards was later paid by one of the entity Defendants as part of the non-payroll compensation provided to Mueller. Mueller later sold several of those machines and placed those funds in the Disputed Accounts with the intention of using those funds to pay his living expenses."

So here's the thing.. Even IF Robert truly used his own funds outside of deeproot funds to buy the pinball machines, he's 60 million in debt (give or take a couple hundred thousand). Your so deep in the hole, you should have every asset ripped away. You should be grateful to have the shirt you're wearing.

#26398 2 years ago

There should be a Deeproot themed pinball machine where your score starts at 60 million and you try to blow your points as fast as possible. Let's brainstorm. What modes would you include?

#26399 2 years ago

personal expenses. 13. The Response also inaccurately characterizes Mueller’s personal expenses. The Response notes, for example, that Mueller pays rent to his father. Response at 5. But as the SEC has been informed, Mueller’s stepfather purchased the home in which Mueller and his wife currently live at a time in which Mueller could not obtain a mortgage. The amounts that Mueller currently pays in “rent” are payments to a bank in the amount of the mortgage payment. The SEC does not even contend that the mortgage payment of $1,912.70 per month is unreasonable. Even if Mueller and his wife (and, soon, child) were to vacate the house and rent an apartment, they could expect to pay a comparable amount in rent.

45 year old big bad bully lawyer Robert steals $60 million and now.. . "technically"... LIVES WITH HIS PARENTS!

You can't make this shit up.

#26400 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was hearing swear words pretty regularly in school (in the suburbs) as early as 2nd grade.

Forget school. XBOX live is a cesspool of swearing and racism by what sounds like 7 year-olds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 33,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 528 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/528?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.