Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 672.
#26301 2 years ago

He had a personal collection too - Robert was one of those rich noobs who just up and one day bought 10 Sterns for his gameroom. That was the impetus.

So yeah, he went from *that* kind of buyer to starting a pinball company in about a year. About as fast as he goes through wives.

#26302 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

He had a personal collection too - Robert was one of those rich noobs who just up and one day bought 10 Sterns for his gameroom. That was the impetus.
So yeah, he went from *that* kind of buyer to starting a pinball company in about a year. About as fast as he goes through wives.

Kinda reminds me of guys who get a Mr Beer homebrew kit for Christmas, and a year later have built a 15 gallon automated setup and begun to look for a location for a new brew pub.

#26303 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

GB Pro?
Stern LCD game?

Yes, it is Ghostbusters. The other one is Batman 66 if I am not mistaken.

The black chairs on the right, is that massage chairs?

#26304 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

There's some gold in the accountant notes
a. payments totaling $87,057 made between February 1, 2016 and February 5, 2019 to St. Mary’s Hall, a private school in San Antonio, Texas attended by Mr. Mueller’s child;
b. payments totaling $54,977 made between April 4, 2016 and March 4, 2019 to Disney Cruise Lines;
c. payments totaling $11,486 made between February 27, 2017 and March 7, 2019, to Princess Cruises;
d. payments totaling $23,100 made on January 12, 2017 and August 10, 2018 to Tabora Gallery LLC, an art gallery in Hawaii;
e. payments totaling $70,298 made between December 22, 2017 and January 9, 2019 to physician Dr. Spencer Hardenbrook, MD;
f. payment of $6,500 on December 12, 2017 to Rebecca Carrillo, an attorney who represented Mr. Mueller in his second divorce proceeding;
g. payments totaling $9,050 made on December 15, 2018 and January 12, 2019 to James R. Van Winkle of Americus Diamond, a jeweler in San Antonio, Texas;
h. $34,012 paid on March 8, 2019 to Lux Catering and Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding catering;
i. payments totaling $17,538 made between January 1, 2019 and March 3, 2019 to Michelle Leo Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding planning; and
j. payments totaling $85,500 made on April 14, 2016, October 13, 2016, and April 18, 2017 to Link2Gov Corp for personal income tax payments.
Dude loves cruises as much as getting married

I don't really know much about cruises - do they really cost $54 THOUSAND dollars!? That seems insane.

#26305 2 years ago

Mueller has squandered all but roughly $400,000 of the more than $60 million raised from investors

Just stop and think about this for a second.

#26306 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I don't really know much about cruises - do they really cost $54 THOUSAND dollars!? That seems insane.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/list/

Looks like cruise packages for 2 passengers range from $1500 to almost $12k, not including alcohol.

Two $8k cruises a year for 3 years totals $48k.

#26307 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm sure a scrub can get some shitty lower deck inside cabin for a lot cheaper, but do you really expect a wealthy genius like Mueller to not reward himself and his family of the week with anything but the best? When your hard work and ingenuity have brought you the untold riches that us plebes can only dream about, you got gotta go with the 50G cruise.

#26308 2 years ago

Pretty outrageous to imagine he thought he was entitled to that type of holiday for a business with zero revenue.

#26309 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can see him racking it up if he opted for one of the nicest cabins, paid for some of the off shore excursions, chugged booze like a whale, and ate at the nicer restaurants not covered by your base food plan. A "normal" family outing would be more like $10k-20k

#26310 2 years ago

found an actual photo from the cruise on instagram.

dumbmoney (resized).jpgdumbmoney (resized).jpg
#26311 2 years ago
F1594223-2B1C-4D7E-A7B2-F7380ABF383A.jpegF1594223-2B1C-4D7E-A7B2-F7380ABF383A.jpeg
#26312 2 years ago

“other insurance” (presumably for his luxury automobile, $400)" per month.

For those that live in Texas, what kind of car has an insurance premium of 400$ per month?

#26313 2 years ago

Mueller states that his spouse “will not receive her full salary” while on maternity leave.

Having a kid with the third wife......the wizard mode of real life.

#26314 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

“other insurance” (presumably for his luxury automobile, $400)" per month.
For those that live in Texas, what kind of car has an insurance premium of 400$ per month?

a tesla model x can easily run $400 a month

#26315 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

a tesla model x can easily run $400 a month

That's almost 5K per year in insurance premiums. Is it really that high in Texas?

#26316 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Do you even cruise bro?

B586909D-BA51-4439-9B33-C75AF17B1924.gifB586909D-BA51-4439-9B33-C75AF17B1924.gif
#26317 2 years ago

Maybe Robert steers his cars as poorly as he steers his business

#26318 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

That's almost 5K per year in insurance premiums. Is it really that high in Texas?

for full coverage, thats the cost anywhere. you're forced to buy insurance from tesla because repair cost is so high, and even if it gets sold as salvaged they dont have great support for parts so it makes it difficult for chain insurance companies to recover money from a totalled car.

#26319 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe Robert steers his cars as poorly as he steers his business

Sounds like he didn't buy any lambos, could easily be that cheap for a decent car or multiple junkers.

#26320 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sounds like he didn't buy any lambos, could easily be that cheap for a decent car or multiple junkers.

What about Ferraris for the price of Kias?

#26321 2 years ago

80,000$ for a doctor, that's an expensive boob job

#26322 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Quoted from adol75:

I didn't see it when I looked at his photos at first, but yeah, Mr. Mueller could have gotten a boob job.

#26323 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I didn't see it when I looked at his photos at first, but yeah, Mr. Mueller could have gotten a boob job.

3 wives, one boob job each, it makes more sense

#26324 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

3 wives, one boob job each, it makes more sense

Lots of 95 lb single moms in his wake with really out of proportion chests...

#26325 2 years ago

The doctor seems like a normal family primary care provider. I say this because I looked him up because I wouldn’t put it past Robert to pay for IVF with this money. He has a baby due this month and that’s an easy 50k in costs. (At least something would be delivered on schedule)

Still don’t know how you rack up that kind of bill, besides buying a rack.

#26326 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The doctor seems like a normal family primary care provider. I say this because I looked him up because I wouldn’t put it past Robert to pay for IFV with this money. He has a baby due this month and that’s an easy 50k in costs. (At least something would be delivered on schedule)
Still don’t know how you rack up that kind of bill, besides buying a rack.

Well this Mueller we are talking about, so it probably involved some kind of illegal kickback fraud scheme.

#26327 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Lots of 95 lb single moms in his wake with really out of proportion chests...

Insured jewelry in that zip code is off the charts.

#26328 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Maybe for a crazy expensive car. When my wife and I lived in Texas it cost us between 400 and 600 dollars every 6 months to insure 2 average-priced cars. That was like 10 years ago.

#26329 2 years ago

Tesla is trying to catch up to John Deere in the fight against Right To Repair. It's part of the reason they stick fucking microchips in every cranny of a car these days - locks you in to THEIR part. (using copyrighted code as the gotcha) It's like a Stern Node board!

Here's a YouTube channel of a guy who builds Teslas from wrecks and has to deal with this stuff: https://youtube.com/c/RichRebuilds

The great coming irony is we will help the planet with electric cars but lower income people will be costed out of owning them.

#26330 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

RM is no ordinary boob

#26331 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

seems like he might have been more in the market for a bro… I mean Manssiere!

#26332 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Tesla is trying to catch up to John Deere in the fight against Right To Repair. It's part of the reason they stick fucking microchips in every cranny of a car these days - locks you in to THEIR part. (using copyrighted code as the gotcha) It's like a Stern Node board!
Here's a YouTube channel of a guy who builds Teslas from wrecks and has to deal with this stuff: https://youtube.com/c/RichRebuilds
The great coming irony is we will help the planet with electric cars but lower income people will be costed out of owning them.

Will work out great for the bourgeoisie for a few years until the unwashed masses come for them. How’d that work out in France back then?

#26333 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

A few people bought, no pins delivered. Gramma lost her chance at a Ferrari, at any price!

#26334 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Will work out great for the bourgeoisie for a few years until the unwashed masses come for them. How’d that work out in France back then?

It worked great, we got rid of the lazy king and his equaly lazy group of leeches. Spain or UK should have considered doing the same, it's too late now

#26335 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Would be a beautiful thing if true. The masses seem to get tangled in flights of fancy and invented conspiracy then get wrapped around the axle of imagined gripes instead of going after the overlords for the real reasons. Example, going after Facebook for cancel culture instead of going after them for making a human life a product that can be bought and sold for the benefit of a rich selfish fuck and his created collective ego machine of mass manipulation for endless profit.

#26336 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Would be a beautiful thing if true. The masses seem to get tangled in flights of fancy and invented conspiracy then get wrapped around the axle of imagined gripes instead of going after the overlords for the real reasons. Example, going after Facebook for cancel culture instead of going after them for making a human life a product that can be bought and sold for the benefit of a rich selfish fuck and his created collective ego machine of mass manipulation in service of endless profit.

#26337 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

we will help the planet with electric cars

How's that electricity generated? ...not sure it's really that more 'planet friendly' than just burning good ol' gas once you've factored in the long term cost of lithium batteries, mining of rare minerals needed to produce and near 3mile island type disposal problems once spent.

https://unctad.org/news/developing-countries-pay-environmental-cost-electric-car-batteries

https://www.prageru.com/video/whats-wrong-with-wind-and-solar

Oh, and to keep this on topic - deeproot, RM and Jpoop are thieves.

#26338 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

How's that electricity generated? ...not sure it's really that more 'planet friendly' than just burning good ol' gas once you've factored in the long term cost of lithium batteries, mining of rare minerals needed to produce and near 3mile island type disposal problems once spent.

This is an ignorant point brought up far too often. Fuel takes a lot of resources and negative carbon generated to refine, then once it's a fuel it burns even more carbon. Electric car charging doesn't HAVE to come from coal (but it does, in fact 30% of all electricity generated is from coal) because we lack the infrastructure. We should be generating it all from nuclear (which is actually safe and clean as it is, and there's new technology where it would cool the towers with a salt instead of water so there's no possibility of a steam explosion). As far lithium batteries, they can be recycled. Go on ebay and search for EV batteries, even very nearly dead ones still have value. Also batteries don't have to be lithium based, but again because nothing was pushing the industry here we are with nearly the same technology from 20 years ago.

Plus, what happens when the oil runs out? Or even before then the oil companies decide to raise a barrel of oil to $5k because it's too hard to pump miles down in the ground.

#26339 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

How's that electricity generated?

Thank you for asking; ‘tank’ to wheel efficiency of electric cars is 4.5x high than a gas powered car. Power grids constantly get greener, so it’s a great mode of transportation that will even get cleaner over time!

What’s next, electric powered pinball machines?

#26340 2 years ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

What’s next, electric powered pinball machines?

I'm waiting for V-8, gas powered, pinball.
Lots of modding to do then.

#26341 2 years ago

And then there's always compressed air.

#26342 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I thought that too! Turns out he is a family physician in Utah.

#26343 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I'm waiting for V-8, gas powered, pinball...

If it's BTTF, it will be power by a flux-capacitor. That's a no brainer.

#26344 2 years ago

We should be seeing a response from RM today or tomorrow (by 5 I believe) about how he should be allowed to spend other people’s money on living expenses...

#26345 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

We should be seeing a response from RM today or tomorrow (by 5 I believe) about how he should be allowed to spend other people’s money on living expenses...

Its all his money. He said so. Must be true.

#26346 2 years ago

"Your honor, I would like to refer you to Finders V Keepers..."

#26347 2 years ago

In SLC, at the studio he had Batman 66, Twilight Zone, hobbit, CFTBL

#26348 2 years ago

"Your honor, now I may be just be a simple country Hyper-Chicken, but I know when we're finger licked and I know that possession is 9/10ths of the law"

hc (resized).jpghc (resized).jpg
#26349 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

In SLC, at the studio he had Batman 66, Twilight Zone, hobbit, CFTBL

Which I assume he used as to point out how he would have made them better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.