Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 526 of 672.
#26251 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

"I had a great attorney and got a slap on the wrist". Translated in federal speak. I got a 5K-1 deal and I'm a rat. There has to be a reason for a downward departure in the sentencing guidelines.
Federal sentencing guidelines for a $25 million fraud/embezzlement is level 22. $50 million is level 24. Now you add upwards for things like having over 250 victims, 6 levels. So this crime is either level 28 or 30. Level 30 is 97 to 121 months with 0 to 1 convictions. Now, how about that money laundering? Oh, and the mail fraud. These crimes probably won't reach as high a level. But if you don't plea guilty for everything for a 2 level reduction, they can easily add up another 10 years for the money laundering and mail fraud. And tell you that the judge hates defendants who steal from the elderly and will sentence you consecutively. So take the 8, 9, 10? or do 20 and still have state exposure for more time, and now have the IRS hound you. As well as the federal judge fining you. They apply immense pressure. Hence a 99.6% conviction rate. Anyone that says that got a great attorney or any other story doesn't realize how the federal system works.
There are No slaps on the wrists unless you've provided substantial assistance or knowledge of other crimes that help them.

Once the prison warden sees the benefit of quad or octo license plate manufacturing, time in the pokey will likely be reduced.

#26252 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Once the prison warden sees the benefit of quad or octo license plate manufacturing, time in the pokey will likely be reduced.

"Sir? Do you trust your wife? If so, we can tar this roof in ONE EIGTH the time using 'Octo Manufacturing!' All I ask is beer for my co-workers, and a conjugal visit from JPOP..."

#26253 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Downvotes? Occasionally. I give at least 20X as many upvotes as downvotes.

For what it’s worth, I find the downvotes for foul language charmingly quaint and take no offense whatsoever. Plus it’s like a fun little Easter egg for people to decode the pattern. Carry on!

#26254 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

"...99.6% conviction rate. Anyone that says that got a great attorney or any other story doesn't realize how the federal system works. "

Well said. I had a roommate in college that later in life started an investment fund. The fund was doing well until the economic downturn in 2008. Unfortunately, my friend made a bad choice, and instead of allowing the investors to feel the loss, he took in new money and paid the previous investors that cash as "returns on investment". He had some investments in start-ups he thought would pan out, just needed some time. The feds caught on, and shut the fund down.

The damage was around $30 million, and my friend tried to argue the investments were gaining back the ground they lost. The judge was harsh, and gave him 12 years. In the federal system, which Robert's case will land in (as evidenced by the "fraud across State lines" charges) over 10 years on your sentence means you go to a medium-security federal penitentiary. Not "Club Fed". Medium security is a bad place to be. Robert's offense is significant, and the Feds are not going to lie down on this one. The Feds aren't necessarily slow on the trial dates, either. Something bad has happened here, and they want a conviction. I'd wager he's going to do hard time, for a long time. And the trial will be over within the next 2 years.

My friend did about 2 years, and one of his investments the fund still held hit the jackpot, making all his investors whole. He applied for a new trial, and since restitution was provided, they let him out for time served. A lucky break, which Robert does not have access to, since there are no actual investments.

#26255 2 years ago

It just goes to show how we need to change the world so that a total psychopath like Mueller can’t take advantage of some really good people - I imagine some folks felt trapped in the circus not wanting to take the risk of his bullying if they left or they felt they couldn’t leave for fear of the told you so’s. He is exactly the same as Heighway - I hope to god the community has finally learned.

Neil.

#26256 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

However, I have little use for those who use offensive language on this public forum. My kids read this.

So all of us should be censored for the sake of YOUR children? Instead of blaming all of us, grow up, be a parent, and have a talk about bad language with your kids. If that is too much for you or them, then you had better make sure your kids NEVER get on the internet, watch a PG-13 movie or watch any sort of live TV.

If you are now offended, good, I made my point.

#26257 2 years ago

deeproot's business plan...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#26258 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

Sadly, I don't really expect to be able to change people's behavior here. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Reminds me a lot of "You can't fix stupid"

Stupid is coming here and expecting people to change for the sake of your lack of parenting and then being upset about it.

#26259 2 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

However, I have little use for those who use offensive language on this public forum. My kids read this.

Quoted from JimWilks:

Sadly, I don't really expect to be able to change people's behavior here. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Reminds me a lot of "You can't fix stupid"

FYI, swearing is not against the forum rules. Generally, we more or less stick to a PG-13 rating as a guideline in most situations, and there is some swearing in PG-13 movies. Excessive profanity or vulgar language may be moderated since this is a public forum after all, but the occasional swear word used for emphasis usually isn't. Besides, hunting down every single use of a swear word would be an impossible task and an unnecessary draconian measure.

There are a lot of different age groups on the forums, and most people are either adults or close enough to adults who can handle seeing a few swear words. If you feel that's not acceptable to you, there are browser extension word filters that you can use, like others have suggested.

#26260 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

FYI, swearing is not against the forum rules.

Are there any rules against being a serial swear-based crusading down-voter? Asking for a friend.

#26261 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Are there any rules against being a serial swear-based crusading down-voter? Asking for a friend.

a personal time out, maybe?

#26262 2 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

That has already been addressed.

#26263 2 years ago

No matter what you say in front of your kids they hear worse in school and on Twitch.

So fuck it.

#26264 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No matter what you say in front of your kids they hear worse in school and on Twitch.
So fuck it.

Put your money where your mouth is and change your name to BEN HELL!

You're welcome for this surely original joke you've never heard before.

#26265 2 years ago

Thanks to my emails since the 90's I've been growing my penis by 3" every week!

#26266 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I was hearing swear words pretty regularly in school (in the suburbs) as early as 2nd grade.

#26267 2 years ago

I was watching the first season of South Park with my dad when I was in third grade (till mom caught us). Those kids talked like my school buddies did at our Catholic school before we even saw the show.

#26268 2 years ago

My kid has been hearing curse words in songs since about 5 years old. He’s 7 now, and never uses them. We talked about context and how we don’t focus on bad words, and how we don’t use them ourselves. I’d like to think providing those rules and context means he’s a good kid; but honestly some kids are rulebreakers and some kids are rule followers and what is written on a pinball forum won’t change that.

#26269 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Put your money where your mouth is and change your name to BEN HELL!
You're welcome for this surely original joke you've never heard before.

Only worth it if my first name was SAM.

#26270 2 years ago

Ben H. E. Doublehockeysticks

#26271 2 years ago

Hell Comes to Frogtown

#26272 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Did the coin taker folks get their money back, or did it all go into the same whimsical Jpop sink hole?

I dont think there are many people that got there money back. If Chris was giving money back it was out of his own pocket. Everyone involved lost.

#26273 2 years ago

Kaneda is reporting this sign has now been stolen from the Deeproot parking lot.
I don't know why but that pleases me. ....a lot.

486184eaa6a42d892408ed20ae3c6961643f5688 (resized).jpg486184eaa6a42d892408ed20ae3c6961643f5688 (resized).jpg
#26274 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Kaneda is reporting this sign has now been stolen from the Deeproot parking lot.
[quoted image]

It's TRUE..... it's now in John Popadiuk driveway.

#26275 2 years ago

What about the Parking signs for Pinball Crooks and Hacks ?

#26276 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

That's pretty funny, I hope it randomly turns up every once in a while.

#26277 2 years ago

Fixed it for English Teachers everywhere: Infamous instead of famous

A8F5F28C-D6A4-4D59-B166-4296AB68AD41.jpegA8F5F28C-D6A4-4D59-B166-4296AB68AD41.jpeg

C52192C9-F4F8-4085-AC01-B7D522E50551.jpegC52192C9-F4F8-4085-AC01-B7D522E50551.jpeg

#26278 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That's pretty funny, I hope it randomly turns up every once in a while.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"13f6ba28e9c659f1c31ba05556fd3b95c4c50137-1633785732-1800"};
//]]>

Like a game room easter egg. I love the idea.

Someone in the Mod community should start making them.

#26279 2 years ago

I feel like that sign needs dollar bills blowing out of the pinball machine....and a black hole below it.

#26280 2 years ago

Funniest part about that sign is somebody wasted their time painting it by hand.

Guessing JPOP, doing it for Barry to kiss his ass because Barry and Python worked together a lot.

#26281 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

[quoted image]

LOL, my 10 year old could have painted a better looking sign than that.
You would think that with all the money they embezzled that they could have at least had a sign professionally made.
The line work is jenky as shit.

#26282 2 years ago

Is it made out of foam core?

#26283 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Funniest part about that sign is somebody wasted their time painting it by hand.
Guessing JPOP, doing it for Barry to kiss his ass because Barry and Python worked together a lot.

did the purple pinball machine give it away?

#26284 2 years ago

For any anonymous past-deeproot employees:

I'm curious what it was like there during the peak of the money taps being turned on? I'm guessing 2018, before the deadlines started to go out the window.

When it was all fantasy and big spending. That must have been a wild ride.

Feel free to tell your stories to your existing contacts like blueberry or Mr68.

#26286 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Someone sent me this: ebay.com link: Super Rare limited Edition BHZA RAZA Pinball T shirt SIGNED

how much for the one with your signature?

#26287 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Someone sent me this: ebay.com link: Super Rare limited Edition BHZA RAZA Pinball T shirt SIGNED

WTH. You didn’t sign it.

#26288 2 years ago

My offer of $25 was not accepted.

#26289 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Got a good chuckle out of the item description:

No words can describe the level of rarity awarded to this amazing XL purple master piece. with totally not at all stolen artwork of the master Zombie Yeti. And signed by the mostest best pinball genius ever John Papadiuk. Featuring the Sexiest super modder of all time Benjamin Heckendorn what more could one want in a T-shirt??? Can we say GLOW IN THE DARK?!! Mind blown, so chuck that shitty pinball swag Viva LA RAZA right in the trash and pickup this one of a kind(maybe who the F*% knows) gem for less than a stern topper! come on you know you want it.

#26290 2 years ago

New document posted on 10/6; SEC is arguing against Mueller's request for freeing funds for personal expenses. Some of the interesting blurbs:

Based on representations from Mueller’s counsel, all or nearly all of the funds Mueller is asking this Court to release from the PCB account are proceeds from the sale of vintage or collectible pinball machines, which Mueller purchased for his own personal use with company credit cards and then paid the resulting credit card bills with funds he withdrew from the deeproot funds or the Entity Defendants – funds the SEC has alleged came entirely from investor deposits. Mueller may ultimately dispute whether such activity was in fact improper, but given that these funds undisputedly flow directly from the very activity alleged in the Complaint, it would be entirely inequitable at this stage to allow Mueller to dissipate such assets to support his unverified personal expenses. The status quo should be preserved.

the asset freeze was imposed to preserve what little funds may be left for investors and to halt Mueller’s diminution of investor assets

Because Mueller has squandered all but roughly $400,000 of the more than $60 million raised from investors, the SEC urges the court to “preserve the status quo” and deny Mueller’s request to spend $8,500 per month from the Disputed Accounts in order to “prevent [further] dissipation of [Mueller’s] ill-gotten gains so that they remain available to fund subsequent disgorgement orders and civil penalties.”

CONCLUSION
For the foregoing reasons, Mueller’s request to further dissipate funds that otherwise could (and should) be used to repay Defendants’ victims should be denied.

Additionally, an accountant submitted their findings into the court record, but I don't think there's really much new there.

https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60223430/securities-and-exchange-commission-v-mueller/

#26291 2 years ago

There's some gold in the accountant notes

a. payments totaling $87,057 made between February 1, 2016 and February 5, 2019 to St. Mary’s Hall, a private school in San Antonio, Texas attended by Mr. Mueller’s child;
b. payments totaling $54,977 made between April 4, 2016 and March 4, 2019 to Disney Cruise Lines;
c. payments totaling $11,486 made between February 27, 2017 and March 7, 2019, to Princess Cruises;
d. payments totaling $23,100 made on January 12, 2017 and August 10, 2018 to Tabora Gallery LLC, an art gallery in Hawaii;
e. payments totaling $70,298 made between December 22, 2017 and January 9, 2019 to physician Dr. Spencer Hardenbrook, MD;
f. payment of $6,500 on December 12, 2017 to Rebecca Carrillo, an attorney who represented Mr. Mueller in his second divorce proceeding;
g. payments totaling $9,050 made on December 15, 2018 and January 12, 2019 to James R. Van Winkle of Americus Diamond, a jeweler in San Antonio, Texas;
h. $34,012 paid on March 8, 2019 to Lux Catering and Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding catering;
i. payments totaling $17,538 made between January 1, 2019 and March 3, 2019 to Michelle Leo Events in Salt Lake City, Utah for wedding planning; and
j. payments totaling $85,500 made on April 14, 2016, October 13, 2016, and April 18, 2017 to Link2Gov Corp for personal income tax payments.

Dude loves cruises as much as getting married

#26292 2 years ago

so if pinballs are frozen, I would imagine if he bought any fancy cars between 2015-now the court could theoretically freeze that (I imagine that condo in hawaii has already been taken away). If I had to guess, he has zero income and any personal assets he has is likely dwindling quickly with lawyer fees.

Also I love that he bought the pinballs from the "PCB account"

#26293 2 years ago

>While his investors, many of whom worked their entire lives for the money they entrusted to Mueller, are scrambling to figure out how to pay their bills and survive, Mueller, who has yet to obtain gainful employment, asks the Court to let him squander $8,500 per month out of what little remains of the money with which he was entrusted so that his lifestyle can continue uninterrupted

>Mueller’s request to pay rent to his father and credit card minimums and interest, and spend a glaring $2,500 per month for food and utilities, from money with which he was entrusted and that could be used to recompense defrauded investors, many of whom have lost their entire retirement savings, is particularly galling.

>“Just as a bank robber cannot use the loot to wage the best defense money can buy, so a swindler in securities markets cannot use the victims’ assets to hire counsel who will help him retain the gleanings of crime.”

#26294 2 years ago

I have become accustomed to a very nice way of life using this money. Certainly I should be allowed to continue until this all blows over!

#26296 2 years ago

Only a 9k rock for his latest wife? What a cheapskate... he steals WAY more than that every 2 months!

#26297 2 years ago

So wait, he sold off the break room pinball collection? Or his personal collection from home he bought with stolen money?

Either way, anybody end up with any of these?

#26298 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Only a 9k rock for his latest wife? What a cheapskate... he steals WAY more than that every 2 months!

Could be only the engagement ring?

It only covers some of his accounts from Jan 2016 to July 2019. The accountant says this was pulled from what documents she was provided so far and she is waiting for the rest.

#26299 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So wait, he sold off the break room pinball collection? Or his personal collection from home he bought with stolen money?
Either way, anybody end up with any of these?

Maybe he sold them all to a friend for a dollar thinking no one would be the wiser.

I think I remember someone pointed out he was like in the bottom 20% of his lowly ranked law school.

In some of the photos we found of the real estate listing for the office, you could make out some of his collection if anyone really wants to try to track down if Robert has an alt account for selling on pinside.

#26300 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In some of the photos we found of the real estate listing for the office, you could make out some of his collection if anyone really wants to try to track down if Robert has an alt account for selling on pinside.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

I'm not sure on two of them.

Space Odyssey
NGG
AMH
GB Pro?
DI
Stern LCD game?
BH
TNA

Black Hole doesn't come up frequently, so that seemed like a good one to look at. No Texas sales listed in the past year, though:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=49

If he sold them, there's also the possibility of craigslist, ebay, facebook, and various auctioneers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 526 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/526?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.