Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 517 of 672.
#25801 2 years ago

Basically there's a V groove all along the transition between the paving and the grass.

It's a 4" x 4" V groove so take a 16 sq in / 2 = 8 sq inch = .666 sq ft * 87' linear feet appx 56 cu ft of fill.

Pea gravel is a cool idea, or maybe I could line it with stone blocks!

#25802 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Basically there's a V groove all along the transition between the paving and the grass.
It's a 4" x 4" V groove so take a 16 sq in / 2 = 8 sq inch = .666 sq ft * 87' linear feet appx 56 cu ft of fill.
Pea gravel is a cool idea, or maybe I could line it with stone blocks!

Close, but you're not accounting for compaction and normal losses. The soil swells when you excavate it and then shrinks back down as you compact it, and not at the same rates.

The stones would look the best and protect the edges very well, but they're a pain in the ass to properly level during the layout.

Pea gravel is the easiest. You don't have to worry about compaction or any water holding by the edges of the pavement

#25803 2 years ago

So just dump pea gravel between the asphalt and the grass? Seems easy. I like easy, because pinball is hard!

#25804 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

So just dump pea gravel between the asphalt and the grass? Seems easy. I like easy, because pinball is hard!

Yeah more or less. If you want to be fancy, put a geotextile fabric down. Then weeds won't grow up in the gravel. It'll also help stop the gravel from going anywhere.

#25805 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah more or less. If you want to be fancy, put a geotextile fabric down. Then weeds won't grow up in the gravel. It'll also help stop the gravel from going anywhere.

It's kind of awesome that this thread is now focused on Ben's driveway drainage, but a bit disappointing that you passed up the "deeproot" joke when discussing weed control.

#25806 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Why is this thread not dead yet?

The criminals are still alive & not in prison. Thread stays open until there is accountability for their actions.

#25807 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The criminals are still alive & not in prison. Thread stays open until there is accountability for their actions.

And also Ben is not done with his driveway yet.

#25808 2 years ago

After the Predator fiasco I no longer hold out a lot of hope for justice in these situations. Appeared to be a slam dunk case yet judge seemed simpathetic and Kevin is in the wind.

#25809 2 years ago

I've got that fabric have used it when rebuilding flowerbeds.

Thanks for the tips!

ALSO: They just built a new Starbucks standalone store like 3 blocks from my house. Now I can really get some pinball work done!

#25810 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sounds good to me.
We close down this thread when Bobby pinball tosses his 1st salad.

#25811 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

ALSO: They just built a new Starbucks standalone store like 3 blocks from my house. Now I can really get some pinball work done!

Make sure to get a crap load of foam core too.

#25812 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

He’s probably outgrown his home and will be needing a 40k sq ft home/office space to be able to design like the pro’s.

#25813 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I do like foam core!

#25814 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I do like foam core!

If you like foam core you should check out clowncore on youtube. You've been warned..lol

#25815 2 years ago

Except foam core doesn't bleed like Clowncore does when you cut it...

#25816 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh and thank you new Spooky buyers for the new driveway. I'd have not seen a thin dime yet had I waited for the BHZA money to roll in!
[quoted image]

You got to go two stalls wide the whole way.

#25817 2 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

You got to go two stalls wide the whole way.

Can't, the road cutout is single.

#25818 2 years ago

Foam core is for amateurs...use Gatorfoam. Sign shops have it in all different thicknesses, and it is way more sturdy than foam core. You can actually play on it without damage.

https://www.gator-board.com/

#25819 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Foam core is for amateurs...use Gatorfoam. Sign shops have it in all different thicknesses, and it is way more sturdy than foam core. You can actually play on it without damage.

Please don't give Stern any ideas, they might start putting this into production

#25820 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Hm maybe I should check it out.

#25821 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Hm maybe I should check it out.

The real selling point of this stuff is that it does not warp under direct moisture or humidity. The Model Railroad folks have been singing praises about this stuff for 25 years now.

#25822 2 years ago

Ok this guy got 90 months for defrauding 54 mil. Any wagers on RM's extended vacation?

The U.S. Department of Justice announced Wednesday that Stefan He Qin, the founder of two cryptocurrency-focused hedge funds who pled guilty to securities fraud in February, has been sentenced to 90 months in prison for his actions. Tom's Hardware reports:

Qin's funds were called Virgil Sigma and VQR. Both were supposed to offer investors a way to profit off the crypto market that "was not exposed to any risk from the price of cryptocurrency moving up or down and therefore provided a relatively safe and liquid investment." Those claims didn't seem to attract much scrutiny; the DOJ noted that The Wall Street Journal actually profiled Qin in 2018 to celebrate his fund's apparent success. But U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said in a statement that Qin's funds were actually devoted to his personal gain rather than solid financial returns for investors: "Qin's investors soon discovered that his strategies [emphasis Strauss'] weren't much more than a disguised means for him to embezzle and make unauthorized investments with client funds. When faced with redemption requests he couldn't fulfill, Qin doubled down on his scheme by attempting to plunder funds from VQR to satisfy his victim investors' demands. Qin's brazen and wide-ranging scheme left his beleaguered investors in the lurch for over $54 million, and he has now been handed the appropriately lengthy sentence of over seven years in federal prison." The DOJ said that in addition to the 90-month prison sentence, Qin "was also sentenced to three years of supervised release, and ordered to forfeit $54,793,532" and that "the Virgil Sigma fund and VQR have ceased operations and the liquidation and distribution of assets is being handled by a court-appointed receiver."

#25823 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Ok this guy got 90 months for defrauding 54 mil. Any wagers on RM's extended vacation?
The U.S. Department of Justice announced Wednesday that Stefan He Qin, the founder of two cryptocurrency-focused hedge funds who pled guilty to securities fraud in February, has been sentenced to 90 months in prison for his actions. Tom's Hardware reports:
Qin's funds were called Virgil Sigma and VQR. Both were supposed to offer investors a way to profit off the crypto market that "was not exposed to any risk from the price of cryptocurrency moving up or down and therefore provided a relatively safe and liquid investment." Those claims didn't seem to attract much scrutiny; the DOJ noted that The Wall Street Journal actually profiled Qin in 2018 to celebrate his fund's apparent success. But U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said in a statement that Qin's funds were actually devoted to his personal gain rather than solid financial returns for investors: "Qin's investors soon discovered that his strategies [emphasis Strauss'] weren't much more than a disguised means for him to embezzle and make unauthorized investments with client funds. When faced with redemption requests he couldn't fulfill, Qin doubled down on his scheme by attempting to plunder funds from VQR to satisfy his victim investors' demands. Qin's brazen and wide-ranging scheme left his beleaguered investors in the lurch for over $54 million, and he has now been handed the appropriately lengthy sentence of over seven years in federal prison." The DOJ said that in addition to the 90-month prison sentence, Qin "was also sentenced to three years of supervised release, and ordered to forfeit $54,793,532" and that "the Virgil Sigma fund and VQR have ceased operations and the liquidation and distribution of assets is being handled by a court-appointed receiver."

Should be harsher, but it's something and I guess this sets a precedence. RM isn't a protected class, so he may get made an example of.. Fingers crossed..

#25825 2 years ago

But will the current wife wait?

#25826 2 years ago

Someone agreed to marry him? Woof.

#25827 2 years ago

Proposal comes with jewelry on the front end (engagement ring) and the back end (divorce celebration ring). What comes in between is a pinball CONman, rapscallion and stealer of old lady’s retirement funds.

#25828 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Should be harsher, but it's something and I guess this sets a precedence. RM isn't a protected class, so he may get made an example of.. Fingers crossed..

I too went to law school at Costco.

#25829 2 years ago

Somewhere between quad and octo years.

#25830 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Someone agreed to marry him? Woof.

Three times so far. Dumped his first wife to "upgrade" after he got rich with other people's money, the second marriage only lasted a couple of years, and I doubt the third one will last much longer if they aren't already separated. Soon enough he'll be bloated, broke, and a convicted felon. I'm sure wife four will be the one to fix him!

#25831 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I too went to law school at Costco.

welcome to coatco... i love you

#25832 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

welcome to coatco... i love you

What position would JPop hold in Idiocracy? Secretary of Neon?

#25833 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What position would JPop hold in Idiocracy? Secretary of Neon?

Starbucks Barista...

#25834 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Key is he pled guilty. By taking a plea, defendant gets 2 levels reduced from the level his crime and previous criminal history took him too. By signing a plea, defendant probably started at hypothetical level 34, got 2 levels reduced for acceptance of responsibility, (you literally say your sorry for your actions) to level 32, 90 to 108 months, the judge decides between the the 90 to 108 months. And the amount of supervised release (3 to 5 years) This is an example. Pretrial sentencing report might state a recommendation for the low end, or the high end of whatever level defendant ends up at.

This pinball elderly thief most likely will not get a low end recommendation even if he plead guilty. I say he could end up at this level, but get the high end. 108 months. F him.

#25835 2 years ago

Yeah you don't hire two super lawyers (with stolen money) if you plan to plead guilty.

For Robert there's not much difference in serving 5 or 10 years - his life will be ruined either way. So he's gonna spend whatever it takes aiming for 0.

#25836 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah you don't hire two super lawyers (with stolen money) if you plan to plead guilty.
For Robert there's not much difference in serving 5 or 10 years - his life will be ruined either way. So he's gonna spend whatever it takes aiming for 0.

I think you made a spelling error on this one..
his wife will be ruined either way.
He has no life, he's a dirtbag.

#25837 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If the SEC or the FBI can’t make this stick with these charges…. I mean he transferred money to the pinball company with zero documentation. He paid his credit cards off with checks from the funds. It’s the laziest goddamn fraud ever. He didn’t even bother trying to hide it.

The people who walk usually have political pull or celebrity power. What the eff does RM have? A bunch of unpaid bills.

#25838 2 years ago

Hey, I'd like to make an offer on that Prototype if nobody else wants it.
Who do I contact? Thanks

#25839 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Who do I contact? Thanks

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#25840 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

2019 federal indictments: 79,704 cases
320 acquittals
99.6% conviction rate.

Been that way for many, many years. A Super attorney will explain that 108 months is one hell of alot better than 180. Majority of federal inmates with any money hired really good attorneys. And had less provable evidence against them. They usually stack charges if he doesn't plead, resulting in starting at a level like 180 to 196 months. If they sentence consecutively, which they do if you piss them off. They almost always win, one way or another.

#25841 2 years ago

There are no criminal charges (yet) in this case. All they’re asking for is repayment of moneys.

#25842 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

There are no criminal charges (yet) in this case. All they’re asking for is repayment of moneys.

And how is that accomplished? It was all spent on salaries.

#25843 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Robert is planning one hell of a bake sale

#25844 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Who do I contact? Thanks

These would be some good places to call:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

There's more, but wanted to keep the list sort of short.

Good luck.

#25845 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Robert is planning one hell of a bake sale

Wait, Food Truck also makes deserts!

#25846 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And how is that accomplished? It was all spent on salaries.

I know how RM could pay back the money!
Just start a pinball company, take orders for games, and use the MASSIVE INSTANT pre-payment monies to pay back the investors.
Then take pre-payment for MORE games to fund the original games. Or something.

#25847 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

I know how RM could pay back the money!
Just start a pinball company, take orders for games, and use the MASSIVE INSTANT pre-payment monies to pay back the investors.
Then take pre-payment for MORE games to fund the original games. Or something.

Good idea! Who's the fastest man in pinball? I know! Hire JPOP!

#25848 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Good idea! Who's the fastest man in pinball? I know! Hire JPOP!

Wait a sec. DR likes to hire undesirable designers and needs something fast? Why not just hire Dr. Flash!

#25849 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Wait a sec. DR likes to hire undesirable designers and needs something fast? Why not just hire Dr. Flash!

I was wondering why Spooky wasn't naming their Halloween/Ultraman designer, and my mind went there. Like, I have faith that's not the case, but why the mystery?

#25850 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I was wondering why Spooky wasn't naming their Halloween/Ultraman designer, and my mind went there. Like, I have faith that's not the case, but why the mystery?

As a business owner my logical conclusion would be because they haven't completely secured one yet....or they may just like surprises. I have faith in them either way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 517 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/517?hl=vilant and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.