Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 672.
#25751 2 years ago

I subbed to Cary Hardy.

Good lord his YouTube thumbnails are atrocious.

#25752 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I subbed to Cary Hardy.

Thanks for letting us know

#25753 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I subbed to Cary Hardy.

That cuts deep, Ben. lol. I will concede that some are bad, but the majority are decent at least.

#25754 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I subbed to Cary Hardy.

Bruh...
algoreithms.pngalgoreithms.png

I'll admit you have a more readable font selection though

#25755 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that you guys have nothing better to do than listen to hours and hours of podcasts....
So here’s my three hour take on the deep root fun, as recorded a few weeks back:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/emergency-pod-56023528

Thanks for coming on! I was amazed to discover that I had to create a new Pinside account to post here (apparently the ancient one that I registered back in like 2006 or something is no longer active). For those looking for a teaser, we cut a one minute podcast preview about the TPOE, which is now a concept that will be one of the last things that blinks through my brain before I fade out of existence forever. https://twitter.com/TWOAPW/status/1437462555933360128

#25756 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Bruh...
[quoted image]
I'll admit you have a more readable font selection though

It's not the font it's the contrast.

Man. Deeproot thread has gotten this boring huh?

#25757 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not the font it's the contrast.

Not much to talk about. Chris mentioned the exciting new Food Truck mech was going to be a soda fountain. Which is...ok? Although no Food Trucks have soda fountains like this

MuellerWasTheJerk (resized).jpgMuellerWasTheJerk (resized).jpg

That's the digital version for cutscenes, so the real mech would look a bit different. I don't know if he said how it worked in his several hours of Facebook live, but I'm guessing roll under targets like Bally Grand Slam, and balls that lock and "dispense" out

#25758 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not much to talk about. Chris mentioned the exciting new Food Truck mech was going to be a soda fountain. Which is...ok? Although no Food Trucks have soda fountains like this
[quoted image]
That's the digital version for cutscenes, so the real mech would look a bit different. I don't know if he said how it worked in his several hours of Facebook live, but I'm guessing roll under targets like Bally Grand Slam, and balls that lock and "dispense" out

That image has been online for years

#25759 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

That image has been online for years

Yeah but we didn't know it was supposed to be the big mech in the game.

#25760 2 years ago

In semi-related news, JPop going back to court within another two weeks

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31790337/Mitchell_et_al_v_Popadiuk_et_al

#25761 2 years ago

36 days left until the hard deadline of Deeproot’s response to the SEC suit!

#25762 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

36 days left until the hard deadline of Deeproot’s response to the SEC suit!

I'm guessing they will let the clock run out until the last possible second. And then maybe try to file for an extension.

#25763 2 years ago

Out of all the anticipation for "Five Days of deeproot", and yet all we have to actually show for it is this sad 516 pages of Pinside.

I think my cynicism for new Pinball manufacturers has finally surpassed the "I'll believe it when I see it" stage and has progressed to the "I'll believe it when the flying monkeys shoot out my ass" phase. Does anyone else feel like the next big pinball caper is always "just around the corner"? It's as if there is a constant requirement for some pinball company somewhere to be scamming us pinheads on a constant basis. How many scams now has it been in a row since B/W closed up shop 20 years ago?

#25764 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Dated a girl years ago whose father was a reactor operator in the Navy. Upon leaving the Navy, he became a reactor operator at Three Mile Island. He was operating the other reactor the day of the meltdown. He just retired about 5 years ago as one of the last employees still
there from when the accident happened. They shut the place down entirely a couple years ago. He was always pretty chill, unlike some of the other submarine guys I've met around here. They definitely can have a bit of an attitude.
Back on topic, Robert is still a jackass.

I also survived the 3 mile island meltdown. Was right there when it happened. I think I still have the shirt. What a life

#25765 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/31790337/Mitchell_et_al_v_Popadiuk_et_al

[IANAL Disclaimer] I get that there's probably a dozen other ways to figure it out, but it's kind of unnerving that the defendant's address (clearly his home) is listed here under the "Parties" tab while the plaintiffs' aren't. Just seems like a bad practice with respect to JPop's privacy/safety. I don't feel obligated to defend the guy obviously, just seems a little shortsighted.

Side note, at least he has ~6 Starbucks nearby to keep him busy.

#25766 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Does anyone else feel like the next big pinball caper is always "just around the corner"?

I think we've achieved Peak Pinball Caper. Hard to imagine anything outdoing this. Amazing that for any of us that have been around a while that we've lived through so many.

#25767 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think we've achieved Peak Pinball Caper. Hard to imagine anything outdoing this. Amazing that for any of us that have been around a while that we've lived through so many.

"May you live in interesting times"

#25768 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Peak Pinball Caper.

By shear size, it will be hard to top a $59M pinzi scheme... did I just coin a new term? Pinzi Scheme?

#25769 2 years ago

<

Quoted from Bublehead:

By shear size, it will be hard to top a $59M pinzi scheme... did I just coin a new term? Pinzi Scheme?

Yes, you did. Thank you.
Mods, please add pinzi scheme to the lexicon.

#25770 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

[IANAL Disclaimer] I get that there's probably a dozen other ways to figure it out, but it's kind of unnerving that the defendant's address (clearly his home) is listed here under the "Parties" tab while the plaintiffs' aren't. Just seems like a bad practice with respect to JPop's privacy/safety. I don't feel obligated to defend the guy obviously, just seems a little shortsighted.

That’s because he’s representing himself. If he had counsel, it would be his lawyer’s business address listed there.

#25771 2 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

<

Yes, you did. Thank you.
Mods, please add pinzi scheme to the lexicon.

Steve Bowden maintains an unofficial pinball dictionary on FunWithBonus.com. Could submit it to him.

#25772 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

You have the power to throw caution to the wind and get this party started again by stringing together some juicy words ping-ponging around your synapses.

#25773 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:[IANAL Disclaimer] I get that there's probably a dozen other ways to figure it out, but it's kind of unnerving that the defendant's address (clearly his home) is listed here under the "Parties" tab while the plaintiffs' aren't. Just seems like a bad practice with respect to JPop's privacy/safety. I don't feel obligated to defend the guy obviously, just seems a little shortsighted.
Side note, at least he has ~6 Starbucks nearby to keep him busy.

his home address isn't hard to find, if you google "john popadiuk address" it's literally the 3rd link.

#25774 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

his home address isn't hard to find, if you google "john popadiuk address" it's literally the 3rd link.

Yeah, fair point— just “feels” wrong to me still. Color me naïve I guess.

#25775 2 years ago
Quoted from SolarGarlic:

That’s because he’s representing himself.

I'm not required to be there but I just might fly to Chicago to witness that. Courtroom of the weird is now in session.

#25777 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not required to be there but I just might fly to Chicago to witness that. Courtroom of the weird is now in session.

Will the judge be charmed by the fabled JPop charisma? Stay tuned!

#25778 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Yeah, fair point— just “feels” wrong to me still. Color me naïve I guess.

Oh yeah. Public record searching and a bit of Google makes it very easy to find Robert’s personal info, wives both present and ex, and other information that an angry mob shouldn’t have access to

#25779 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Will the judge be charmed by the fabled JPop charisma? Stay tuned!

The judge, in his green & purple robe, replied: "Circus Not-A-Prayer."

(Can someone create this image in a meme, utilizing the CV jester, please?)

#25780 2 years ago

“He who represents himself has a fool for a client”
Abe Lincoln

#25781 2 years ago

Heard in Ben heck’s best mocking jpop voice,
“Your honor, I submit that I’m the master teacher! Teacher! Bally Williams days! Teacher! Pinball college!!!!!!!!!”

#25782 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The complaint is now available at https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16689759/mitchell-v-popadiuk/

Please sign up for a PACER account (first 30 pages are free) here: https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/registration.jsf and then download the RECAP extension from here: https://free.law/recap

Crowd source this info. As you view a document, it is uploaded to courtlistener.com where anyone can view it for free. There's a 273-page Exhibit "A" document in here.

Oh man.

They are going after JPop's patents (pg 3), trademarks, and all IP related to games (such as RAZA). They are basically objecting to JPop's bankruptcy trial saying:

"By reason of the foregoing, Defendant knowingly and fraudulently, in or in connection with the case made a false oath or account, and withheld from an officer of the estate entitled to possession under this title, any recorded information, including books, documents, records, and papers, relating to the Defendant's property or financial affairs"

How has nobody downloaded these documents before?!

#25783 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

The complaint is now available at https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/16689759/mitchell-v-popadiuk/
Please sign up for a PACER account (first 30 pages are free) here: https://pacer.psc.uscourts.gov/pscof/registration.jsf and then download the RECAP extension from here: https://free.law/recap
Crowd source this info. As you view a document, it is uploaded to courtlistener.com where anyone can view it for free. There's a 273-page Exhibit "A" document in here.
Oh man.
They are going after JPop's patents (pg 3), trademarks, and all IP related to games (such as RAZA). They are basically objecting to JPop's bankruptcy trial saying:
"By reason of the foregoing, Defendant knowingly and fraudulently, in or in connection with the case made a false oath or account, and withheld from an officer of the estate entitled to possession under this title, any recorded information, including books, documents, records, and papers, relating to the Defendant's property or financial affairs"

would any of the people involved in these suits who frequent this thread just share the docs?

#25784 2 years ago
Quoted from Inside:

Oh man.

I see it was updated September 13, 2021 but the site says “Date Filed: Jan. 14, 2020”. I wonder what that means?

#25785 2 years ago

Why is this thread not dead yet?

#25786 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I see it was updated September 13, 2021 but the site says “Date Filed: Jan. 14, 2020”. I wonder what that means?

The original lawsuit filing date was Jan 2020. It’s been delayed a number of times since

#25787 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

would any of the people involved in these suits who frequent this thread just share the docs?

Not ongoing proceedings, no. Per our attorney we are on lock down while the case is active. I'm uncomfortable even discussing whatever is in the public domain.

I will say this though. Our attorney is aggressive, well respected in Chicago and all of the plaintiffs are committed to this.

While we have a judgment already in hand, I'm pessimistic about a perfect collection result. Add in the likely SEC involvement at some future point and things are going to get hairy.

Personally I don't care about the money and justice is far more important to me. In my opinion I've already won and it's all gravy going forward.
- See you in court, Johnny boy.

#25788 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The original lawsuit filing date was Jan 2020. It’s been delayed a number of times since

The justice system is a grind to begin with and Covid was a big contributor.

#25789 2 years ago

I wonder if being involved with a Ponzi Scheme will hurt John when it comes to his other lawsuits?

Like for collections, he continued his scheme and was paid no doubt a 6 figure salary during his deeproot time.

#25790 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Not ongoing proceedings, no. Per our attorney we are on lock down while the case is active. I'm uncomfortable even discussing whatever is in the public domain.
I will say this though. Our attorney is aggressive, well respected in Chicago and all of the plaintiffs are committed to this.
While we have a judgment already in hand, I'm pessimistic about a perfect collection result. Add in the likely SEC involvement at some future point and things are going to get hairy.
Personally I don't care about the money and justice is far more important to me. In my opinion I've already won and it's all gravy going forward.
- See you in court, Johnny boy.

Icey so jealous he missed this train.

#25791 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Icey so jealous he missed this train.

No he isn't. He's rich and doesn't need the money you see, its no sweat off his back. He loves being scammed. Its just a gamble, ect

#25792 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

No he isn't. He's rich and doesn't need the money you see, its no sweat off his back. He loves being scammed. Its just a gamble, ect

First Ice loses his rare Shiny RAZA... A second time. Then he loses his punching bag... Me.

The gin must flow!

#25793 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

First Ice loses his rare Shiny RAZA... A second time. Then he loses his punching bag... Me.
The gin must flow!

Isn't he busy selling his collection off to spite Pinside?

#25794 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Isn't he busy selling his collection off to spite Pinside?

Who knows. I finally blocked the blowhard.

Maybe he can adopt Jpooper and keep him in the basement.

#25795 2 years ago

Oh and thank you new Spooky buyers for the new driveway. I'd have not seen a thin dime yet had I waited for the BHZA money to roll in!

PXL_20210914_170027197 (resized).jpgPXL_20210914_170027197 (resized).jpg
#25796 2 years ago

Heck yeah, asphalt talk. My first job out of college was testing concrete, asphalt, and soils.

It looks pretty rough for brand new though...

#25797 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh and thank you new Spooky buyers for the new driveway. I'd have not seen a thin dime yet had I waited for the BHZA money to roll in!
[quoted image]

You're welcome, Ben. I usually just send a bottle of booze but a new driveway seemed more appropriate.

#25798 2 years ago

Gotta have a fresh driveway for when the dump truck of money backs up with BHZA royalties

#25799 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Gotta have a fresh driveway for when the dump truck of money backs up with BHZA royalties

My back pre-emptively groaned in pain after I calculated 56 sq ft of dirt to backfill the edges.

#25800 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My back pre-emptively groaned in pain after I calculated 56 sq ft of dirt to backfill the edges.

Look at you using areas when you should be using volumes. What sorta compaction are targeting? Optimum moisture content?!? Let's review ASTM D698...

Although really you should probably use pea gravel. Better for drainage and transferring loads from the asphalt to the surrounding soils, especially if your car drives close to the edges. Or paving stones if you really hate your back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,560 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/516?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.