View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 515 of 672.
#25701 2 years ago

I think there is a big difference between freeze framing on a funny / unflattering face and that natural 'something a little off' look you get with crazy eye people.

#25702 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But you’re a broken man on a Halifax pier
The last of JPop’s privateers

Upvoted for an excellent and appropriate Stan Rogers reference!

Now I can’t get rid of that sea shanty ear worm….

#25703 2 years ago

Finding a convenient still from film is a far cry from 24/7 crazy eyes.

#25704 2 years ago

Now this I can get behind.

81BthYggVvL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg81BthYggVvL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#25705 2 years ago

If Jpop resurfaces and tries to scam YET ANOTHER new company, I bet his next game is something with Nikola Tesla.

"Tesla: Master of Lighting!" (TMOL) by Texas Star Pinball Company!

#25706 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If Jpop resurfaces and tries to scam YET ANOTHER new company, I bet his next game is something with Nikola Tesla.

With art that looks strikingly similar to his houdini no doubt.

#25707 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Never thought a Stan Rogers reference would put us over the line, but there you go.

I wasn't reacting to your post specifically. It was cumulative.

#25708 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

With art that looks strikingly similar to his houdini no doubt.

EVERY insert on the playfield a lightning bolt, every metal bracket must have a lightning bolt cutout. everything lightning bolts! pow! boom!

#25709 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

EVERY insert on the playfield a lightning bolt, every metal bracket must have a lightning bolt cutout. everything lightning bolts! pow! boom!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25710 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeesh, you guys. greatwichjohn is an old-timer pinhead, from way back in RGP's heyday and probably before. He deserves some slack.
Every time he tries to clarify what he thought, a dogpile ensues. Try "whatever dude" and move on. Then he won't feel the need to keep attempting to defend himself, starting the cycle over.
Don't take out your frustration with RM, et al, on this perennial optimist. It's like a broken record echo chamber in here.

I gotta second this. In the end, all the pins outlive us. Let's enjoy our time together here.

#25711 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:If Jpop resurfaces and tries to scam YET ANOTHER new company, I bet his next game is something with Nikola Tesla.

As far fetched as it seems I think it’s probably going to happen.
Everything would have been great if it wasn’t for Robert.

#25712 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6d765de699099031cabac7c9e7d39c740cc94439-1631292052-1800"};
//]]>

or RM just needed to be managed while he was managing JPOP

If day 1 you start an elaborate web of companies named deeproot and then begin funneling funds thru them for the purpose of stealing, you are going to end up in the middle of a flaming pile of dog shit as everybody claps. But we mourn the losses by 300 investors who were jacked.

#25713 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

As far fetched as it seems I think it’s probably going to happen.

No matter what, the logo will look like a butt-plug.

#25714 2 years ago

I'll save time for John and design his new logo for him.

He can steal this, like he does everything else

new_logo (resized).pngnew_logo (resized).png
#25716 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

#25717 2 years ago

I know this thread has become a desert until we come up with more SEC jokes, but maybe let's cool it on the politics, we don't need that here.

#25719 2 years ago

If anyone wants a food truck, I just stumbled upon this craigslist ad:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25720 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If anyone wants a food truck, I just stumbled upon this craigslist ad:

But does it have a PinBar?

#25721 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

But does it have a PinBar?

No but you get a free Barry Ousler inside it! (he's living there)

#25722 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No but you get a free Barry Ousler inside it! (he's living there)

In a van, down by the river...

8B829821-92FF-4FE4-8CCB-A246157EFCA9.gif8B829821-92FF-4FE4-8CCB-A246157EFCA9.gif
#25723 2 years ago

Please tell us Bublehead...the wording is confusing.
Is it Boo-bley or Bubble or something else?

#25724 2 years ago

I enjoy seeing what Ben has to say. Many of his ideas are open for anyone to move forward on. That has been the way for Pinball over many years. Also he has not disclosed who might be entering the market soon, along with myself. 2022 should be a interesting year.

#25725 2 years ago

Yeah Ben disclose who might be entering the market soon.

Whoever it is I hope they make me the replacement Seawitch playfield you promised me then changed your mind on.

#25726 2 years ago

I don't know about Seawitch, but this thread could use some bewitching energy.

"A little guitar, a little atmosphere. . .and it wails like this."

#25727 2 years ago

My dog jPoop turned 3 today. Here’s a pic of my good boy having his first “legal” beer tonight.
AAB8312D-B472-43E3-A3E5-DA47827A1CD6 (resized).jpegAAB8312D-B472-43E3-A3E5-DA47827A1CD6 (resized).jpeg

We were having so much fun ….
until the white haired herlot showed up

#25728 2 years ago

This x 8 = Octo manufacturing!!!!

octo8 (resized).jpegocto8 (resized).jpeg
#25729 2 years ago

No surprise.

We're getting to Idiocracy WAY ahead of schedule. But, on the bright side, at least a lot of people are still going to be living really kickass lives.

#25730 2 years ago

IMO "literally" is still the most mis-used word in the English language.

It actually takes thought to use it correctly which is what makes it infuriating. Now it's become a profanity, a modifier, the modern-day "like" (even though "like" was always being used correctly, just in excess)

#25731 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It actually takes thought to use it correctly which is what makes it infuriating. Now it's become a profanity, a modifier, the modern-day "like" (even though "like" was always being used correctly, just in excess)

Saying literally in a forum makes it literary.

#25732 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

Please tell us Bublehead...the wording is confusing.
Is it Boo-bley or Bubble or something else?

The story goes like this...

I was a submarine sailor in the US Navy and we were called "bubbleheads".

But the IRC chat client at the time back in the 90's only let you have 9 characters for your handle. I dropped the extra B and so it's pronounced Bubblehead, but spelled with 1 less b. To maintain continuity I've kept the old spelling since I was very active in the Visual Pinball community years ago.

And I get to tell this story every time someone asks...

#25733 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I dropped the extra B and so it's pronounced Bubblehead, but spelled with 1 less b.

You must have been a little bummed when Michael Bublé turned up a decade later. Of course you were well-positioned to seize control of his IRC fan club …

#25734 2 years ago

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that you guys have nothing better to do than listen to hours and hours of podcasts....

So here’s my three hour take on the deep root fun, as recorded a few weeks back:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/emergency-pod-56023528

#25735 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that you guys have nothing better to do than listen to hours and hours of podcasts....
So here’s my three hour take on the deep root fun, as recorded a few weeks back:

Favorite thing from that link so far is I got CrazyLevi 's phone number. I'm about to text and ask if he's heard about the pinball auction this weekend.

#25736 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oxford has updated it's definition of literally to include exaggeration. "I literally post on Pinside every minute."

Hurts the ears of purists, but languages have always been protean.

#25737 2 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Equally, it's impossible to scroll through a single Pinside page without encountering maddening grammar, punctuation and spelling errors. Typos and stream of consciousness posts are certainly understandable.
However, the most common unforgivable errors seem to be:
1) using "could of" and "would of" which are both nonsensical. The correct phrase is, of course, could HAVE and would HAVE;
2) incorrectly writing "etcetera" as "ect." The correct abbreviation is, of course, "etc." Further, one "etc." suffices. Multiples are redundant;
3) misuse of "your" when "you're" is meant, the latter of which means, of course, "you are." This is clearly the number 1 error;
4) misuse of "it's" to designate the possessive meaning when, of course, "it's" means "it is." To convey possession,
there is NO apostrophe in "its." (e.g. The deeproot company is a failed venture. Its assets have been depleted.)
Perhaps the most disheartening lesson is that these mistakes are repeated by the same folks even after a correction is noted by a fellow Pinsider. The educational collapse (in STEM as well) is evidently just as pervasive in Canada as in America. The western hemisphere is badly losing the global literacy race. It's embarrassing.

You’re misuse and other jibba jabba, ect., would of offended me if I could of read it correctly. But it’s nothing I can’t digress efficatically.

Maybe I have been superficial in my original imposition but perhaps not.

896F5CE0-E5C3-4420-BCF9-81C662610481.gif896F5CE0-E5C3-4420-BCF9-81C662610481.gif
#25738 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

The story goes like this...
I was a submarine sailor in the US Navy and we were called "bubbleheads".
But the IRC chat client at the time back in the 90's only let you have 9 characters for your handle. I dropped the extra B and so it's pronounced Bubblehead, but spelled with 1 less b. To maintain continuity I've kept the old spelling since I was very active in the Visual Pinball community years ago.
And I get to tell this story every time someone asks...

Thank you for your service, Bublehead. At my last employer, my supervisor was a master chief in the NAVY. He spent a lot of his service as a reactor operator in nuclear subs. He has *lots* of *very* interesting stories to tell about his experiences. He never told us y'all were called bubbleheads though XD

#25739 2 years ago

Bowden was just on a YouTube livestream commenting on the Banning auction. He ignored any comments about DR & Robert lol

#25740 2 years ago

Grammar is confusing especially the use of coincidence and irony. Coincidence is the happening of one or more events which produce results which were unexpected; irony refers to different singular events happening where the result is exactly opposite of what was expected literally. Coincidence and irony are perhaps two of the most easily confused abstract nouns in the English language because irony is tinged with coincidence and coincidence is tinged with irony!

Grammar also allows for confusion with irony and ironic. As adjectives the difference between irony and ironic is that irony is of or pertaining to the metal iron while ironic is characterized by or constituting (any kind of) irony. So what are some examples of irony?

A fire station burns down.
A marriage counselor files for divorce.
The police station gets robbed.
A post on Facebook complains about how useless Facebook is.
A traffic cop gets his license suspended because of unpaid parking tickets.
A pilot has a fear of heights.

There is much more that could be said of coincidence, irony and ironic but I rest the case for now.

#25741 2 years ago

"Irony" had 2 critical blows dealt: the Alanis Morrisette song (in which only a couple examples were ironic) and the "ironic" death of Paul Walker.

An asshat lawyer whose main tool was threatening to sue people being brought down by a SEC lawsuit is ironic.

A guy who makes movies about fast cars and then dies in one is a coincidence.

#25742 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:A guy who makes movies about fast cars and then dies in one is a coincidence.

“The John Denver effect”

#25743 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Bowden was just on a YouTube livestream commenting on the Banning auction. He ignored any comments about DR & Robert lol

link?

#25744 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Thank you for your service, Bublehead. At my last employer, my supervisor was a master chief in the NAVY. He spent a lot of his service as a reactor operator in nuclear subs. He has *lots* of *very* interesting stories to tell about his experiences. He never told us y'all were called bubbleheads though XD

Well, Originally the term was a derogatory term applied to us by surface fleet sailors, and we just pissed them off more by embracing the term and using it ourselves.

There is a major rift between surface sailors and bubbleheads, because there are only two types of Naval vessels... submarines and targets.

And yes, reactor operators were the top of the top of the heap. The saying was the top 10% of the Navy was nuclear power operators and reactor operators were the top 10% of that.

However, we were also the most despised nukes amongst ourselves because we had a real "Hollywood" reputation. We never got dirty, we took Hollywood showers, and the worst thing that could ever happen to us was breaking a finger nail.

I wish I could say that wasn't true, however it totally was... but only after about 4 patrols and getting some crusty sea salt behind your ears and cleaning a bilge pocket or two.

#25745 2 years ago

Subase Pearl Harbor, 86-89

#25746 2 years ago

He wasn’t on camera - just in the comments section.

#25747 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Well, Originally the term was a derogatory term applied to us by surface fleet sailors, and we just pissed them off more by embracing the term and using it ourselves.
There is a major rift between surface sailors and bubbleheads, because there are only two types of Naval vessels... submarines and targets.
And yes, reactor operators were the top of the top of the heap. The saying was the top 10% of the Navy was nuclear power operators and reactor operators were the top 10% of that.
However, we were also the most despised nukes amongst ourselves because we had a real "Hollywood" reputation. We never got dirty, we took Hollywood showers, and the worst thing that could ever happen to us was breaking a finger nail.
I wish I could say that wasn't true, however it totally was... but only after about 4 patrols and getting some crusty sea salt behind your ears and cleaning a bilge pocket or two.

Dated a girl years ago whose father was a reactor operator in the Navy. Upon leaving the Navy, he became a reactor operator at Three Mile Island. He was operating the other reactor the day of the meltdown. He just retired about 5 years ago as one of the last employees still there from when the accident happened. They shut the place down entirely a couple years ago. He was always pretty chill, unlike some of the other submarine guys I've met around here. They definitely can have a bit of an attitude.

Back on topic, Robert is still a jackass.

#25748 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Enjoying the podcast Levi. I'm about 2/3rds the way through. Some interesting history I forgot about.

#25749 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Enjoying the podcast Levi. I'm about 2/3rds the way through. Some interesting history I forgot about.

I’m about to check out the first 6 hours myself.

Glad somebody is enjoying it…as I point out a few times this is just my recollection of how all this went down and it’s for entertainment purposes only!

#25750 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Dated a girl years ago whose father was a reactor operator in the Navy. Upon leaving the Navy, he became a reactor operator at Three Mile Island. He was operating the other reactor the day of the meltdown. He just retired about 5 years ago as one of the last employees still there from when the accident happened. They shut the place down entirely a couple years ago. He was always pretty chill, unlike some of the other submarine guys I've met around here. They definitely can have a bit of an attitude.
Back on topic, Robert is still a jackass.

A number of years ago, I worked with a submariner...great guy and really laid back as well. He was an alcoholic, which apparently is not uncommon with submariners. He had been sober for a long time but loved beer so he drank non-alcoholic beer. I was always amazed at his knowledge of non-alcoholic beers. I was of the mindset that there were only a few non-alcoholic beers but boy was I wrong. He was the Michael Jackson of non alcoholic beers. (the author not the singer)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,577 posts in this topic. You are on page 515 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/515 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.