Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 514 of 672.
#25651 2 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I used this template before, but I just couldn't help myself...
[quoted image]

Could OF.

#25652 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Many probably moved on and could care less about pinball.

Couldn't.

#25653 2 years ago

Not that I care, but since you're correcting him-- are you sure about this?

https://writingexplained.org/could-of-or-could-have
https://www.grammar-monster.com/lessons/should_of_would_of_could_of.htm

EDIT 1: I'm not pretending to have known better, I had to google to see what was correct (like most people I follow grammar rules on muscle memory, not rule memorization. Any time I stop to think too long about grammar rules I end up second guessing myself).
EDIT 2: I see you posted a while back about how "could of" and "would of" are nonsensical, so I guess I just missed the sarcasm font on this post.

#25654 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

EDIT 1: I'm not pretending to have known better, I had to google to see what was correct (like most people I follow grammar rules on muscle memory, not rule memorization. Any time I stop to think too long about grammar rules I end up second guessing myself).
EDIT 2: I see you posted a while back about how "could of" and "would of" are nonsensical, so I guess I just missed the sarcasm font on this post.

He's just very cleverly pointing out that I "should have" used Greatwich's grammar in my meme... Which I totally "should of" done... LOL

#25655 2 years ago
Quoted from woodworker:

I used this template before, but I just couldn't help myself...
[quoted image]

Too funny Should be made a key post and required reading.

#25656 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Best quote from grammar-monster, he sure tells it like it is:
Could of is a error.

#25657 2 years ago

"I could care less" - That means you do care. At least a little (Weird Al)

"I couldn't care less" - meaning you don't care at all (correct)

#25658 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Looks like Merriam gave in:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/could-couldnt-care-less

#25659 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Topical Examples:

Robert Mueller *couldn't* care less about his fiduciary obligations to those who invested in his 575 fund.

Pinside *could* (probably) care less about grammar in a 514 page thread about a twerp lawyer, cosplaying as Steve Jobs, who made the mistake of putting his sticky fingers into the world of tech, pinball, sports and entertainment.

#25660 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

You would of thought

“Would have”

#25661 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You get your tattoo yet?[quoted image]

Already answered. Try to keep up.

#25662 2 years ago

The dictionary and grammar evolve over time. Yes, it's annoying For example, we've accepted 'inflammable' and 'flammable' as being synonyms for quite some time now.

#25663 2 years ago

I keep checking in to read then next Greatwich train wreck...

Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 1.26.55 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 1.26.55 PM (resized).png
#25664 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The dictionary and grammar evolve over time. Yes, it's annoying For example, we've accepted 'inflammable' and 'flammable' as being synonyms for quite some time now.

Inflammable and flammable have always meant close to the same thing (the difference being how it ignites). Non-flammable is the opposite of inflammable/flammable.

#25665 2 years ago

You guys need to watch the Adam knows everything episode about grammar. None of this matters at all, unless your a teacher bothering a student. Or a complete dick. As long as you can understand what a person is trying to say, who gives a fuck?

#25666 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Inflammable and flammable have always meant close to the same thing (the difference being how it ignites). Non-flammable is the opposite of inflammable/flammable.

Right on. Though I wouldn't mind seeing "inflammable" retired for good. "Flammable" effectively means the same thing and is simpler and shorter. And "inflammable" just invites confusion with its "in" prefix that doesn't mean "not."

Plus, for obvious reasons, it might actually matter if someone confuses "inflammable" for "non-flammable." I doubt anyone's died or been badly burned as a result of screwing up "couldn't care less."

#25667 2 years ago

It might be kind of fun if Pinside added a grammar flag feature. Put the power in the hands of every poster. If you see something, say something. Then posts could have a corrections box to log all complaints and suggestions.

We already do that function informally when someone creates a new post to comment on grammar errors. This might make it painless for one to put comments into a special box. It could be kind of funny really. This idea probably won’t go anywhere.

#25668 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

None of this matters at all, unless your a teacher bothering a student.

7813355B-AC24-43C0-90EF-15A9F8C04BEF.gif7813355B-AC24-43C0-90EF-15A9F8C04BEF.gif

At the end of the day, we’re trying to help you and teach you something that will be useful in your day to day written interactions with people. It’ll only make you look better to know these things. It’s weird that we’ve become a society that looks down on education. Your reaction to someone teaching you something should be “thank you”, not “fuck you”.

You’re welcome.

#25669 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

You guys need to watch the Adam knows everything episode about grammar. None of this matters at all, unless your a teacher bothering a student. Or a complete dick. As long as you can understand what a person is trying to say, who gives a fuck?

I'd rather be the dumbest person on earth AND have my retirement stripped away by Robert then be caught watching an episode of adam knows everything.

#25670 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Right on. Though I wouldn't mind seeing "inflammable" retired for good. "Flammable" effectively means the same thing and is simpler and shorter. And "inflammable" just invites confusion with its "in" prefix that doesn't mean "not."
Plus, for obvious reasons, it might actually matter if someone confuses these two. I doubt anyone's died or been badly burned as a result of screwing up "couldn't care less."

My loose understanding is the past few decades academics have tended to teach people to just say flammable to avoid the confusion.

Though I remember also having a chemistry professor that was adamant about saying “inflammable.” She was also into pronouncing “applicable” as “a-plic-able” instead of “app-lic-able”

#25671 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

You guys need to watch the Adam knows everything episode about grammar. None of this matters at all, unless your a teacher

*you're*

#25672 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Adam Ruins*

#25673 2 years ago

My nickname in high school was Red because I once red a book.

#25674 2 years ago

Well, while I can't give him a pass on all of his DR takes I would like to acknowledge that greatwichjohn does really deserve some real love and credit from the community. I believe that has actually delivered on all of the repro Seawitch playfields; it may have taken him seven years but he was committed to doing quality work I am sure he learned a ton about dealing with vendors/contractors - too bad he didn't get to share that wisdom w RM! Also, the backglasses that I've seen (SW, Catacomb) he puts out are far superior to what CPR routinely puts out IMHO.

#25675 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

But it makes people feel extra special when they get to fix people’s shitty spelling

#25676 2 years ago

Double negatives drive me crazy
I ain't got no patience for them nowhere nowhen

#25677 2 years ago

Scrub, I don’t want no scrub. A scrub is a guy that can’t get no love from me.

So, she wants a scrub and they can get love from her.

#25678 2 years ago

Try being married to a grammar nazi... and let me preface this by saying it doesn't matter if she has corrected me a 1000 times for some mis-used grammatical phrase, she will correct me ("ah-gain", F. Gump) when I use it for the 1001st time. They are compelled to do it, no matter if you have threatened to commit hari kari if they correct you again. And it doesn't help, at nearly sixty, a man just doesn't change the way he talks... no matter the amount of times you try and correct him, so this futile dance goes on for ever, now for me nearly 32 "happy" years later. YMMV.

#25679 2 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Try being married to a grammar nazi... and let me preface this by saying it doesn't matter if she has corrected me a 1000 times for some mis-used grammatical phrase, she will correct me ("ah-gain", F. Gump) when I use it for the 1001st time. They are compelled to do it, no matter if you have threatened to commit hari kari if they correct you again. And it doesn't help, at nearly sixty, a man just doesn't change the way he talks... no matter the amount of times you try and correct him, so this futile dance goes on for ever, now for me nearly 32 "happy" years later. YMMV.

Also, you’re a bubblehead. When you have a bubble for a head, you can only be expected to have average grammatical capabilities.

#25680 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:This all brings up an interesting point:
Was there a gifted PR person at any time involved in Deep Root?
It is just THAT easy to steal people’s life savings?
It can’t be that simple can it? Surely you need a top flight comms department to pull something like this off these days?
Based on the point-and-laugh press releases and promos deep root pinball put out, it’s certainly easy to tell they never hired one for the pinball con.

Pretty sure there was no professional PR. Also pretty sure there wasn’t a copywriter. He had a bunch of amazing artists and animators, and yet the graphic design on his announcements and his social media campaign were sorely lacking. Speaking of which, his social media game was the pits. Add to that all of the ridiculous comments he would make and ‘challenges’ he issued that drew a massive negative response, and I’m almost willing to bet money there wasn’t professional PR, marketing or social media management.

As far as professional promos, you’d think they’d have some with ‘deeproot studios’ and the Hollywood television and movie quality projects they were going to produce.

I actually went looking for some of those jobs with deeproot and deeproot studios a couple of years ago. Had conversations with their VP. Had some very interesting interactions that all make a lot more sense now. Dodged all the bullets like Neo in The Matrix. Thank God for unanswered prayers. But that’s a story for another day when I clear my plate of the work I have to finish. Gotta keep this thread going somehow, right?

#25681 2 years ago

Always smile seeing how an ex-British colony correct gramma. They do not hold to the Queens English.
Language changes over time.....Not as much as JPop

#25682 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Always smile seeing how an ex-British colony correct gramma. They do not hold to the Queens English.
Language changes over time.....Not as much as JPop

The Pinsiders here are merely trying to elevate Pawn's English to something worthy of a commoner. Is that asking too much?

#25683 2 years ago

Unfortunately my English grammar will not improve. Also there are slight difference being a Canadian, & the region I live in. You can focus on me, but there are many differences in regions of the United States of America.

#25684 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Also, you’re a bubblehead. When you have a bubble for a head, you can only be expected to have average grammatical capabilities.

Hmm, all this time I thought it meant he was level-headed or maybe even keeled.

#25685 2 years ago

Speaking of Weird Al...

#25686 2 years ago

Unfortunately my English grammar will not improve. Also there are slight difference being a Canadian, & the region I live in. You can focus on me, but there are many differences in regions of the United States of America.

I think your content is truly amazing, better than anything coming out of any country or region.

I was wondering how you could respond in a ridiculous way to the grammar criticisms. I was like, gotcha, Greatwich! How are you going to mess this one up? Well, your reply is straight out of the Twilight Zone yet again.

Please keep them coming!

#25687 2 years ago

Has anyone brought up yet that there are a lot of similarities between RM and the defunct Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes? (in terms of ego, big/false claims, building/selling machines that don't work, mistreatment of employees, duping people out of a lot of money, etc)

There's both a bestseller book and a separate documentary movie on Netflix covering the shenanigans she pulled (though in the hundreds of millions)
Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley

#25688 2 years ago

The comparison has been made, yes.

They also both have CRAZY EYES! (tm)

#25689 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

They also both have CRAZY EYES! (tm)

Good point. Though I think hers are crazier

#25690 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Good point. Though I think hers are crazier

Oh for sure!

#25691 2 years ago

here is another, immortalized in an episode of american greed ["in harms way" david brooks, s9 ep12]. definitely worth watching. found this 10 minute preview.

read about his bold, brash, and comical transgressions here:

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/newyork/press-releases/2013/david-h.-brooks-founder-and-former-chief-executive-officer-of-dhb-industries-inc.-sentenced-to-17-years-in-prison-for-insider-trading-fraud-lying-to-auditors-and-obstruction-of-justice

#25692 2 years ago

Also there are slight difference being a Canadian, & the region I live in.

But you’re a broken man on a Halifax pier
The last of JPop’s privateers

#25693 2 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Has anyone brought up yet that there are a lot of similarities between RM and the defunct Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes? (in terms of ego, big/false claims, building/selling machines that don't work, mistreatment of employees, duping people out of a lot of money, etc)
There's both a bestseller book and a separate documentary movie on Netflix covering the shenanigans she pulled (though in the hundreds of millions)
Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup
The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley

Interesting you mentioned Theranos - looks like the trial is underway right now.

#25694 2 years ago

Yeesh, you guys. greatwichjohn is an old-timer pinhead, from way back in RGP's heyday and probably before. He deserves some slack.

Every time he tries to clarify what he thought, a dogpile ensues. Try "whatever dude" and move on. Then he won't feel the need to keep attempting to defend himself, starting the cycle over.

Don't take out your frustration with RM, et al, on this perennial optimist. It's like a broken record echo chamber in here.

#25695 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Yeesh, you guys. greatwichjohn is an old-timer pinhead, from way back in RGP's heyday and probably before. He deserves some slack.
Every time he tries to clarify what he thought, a dogpile ensues. Try, "whatever dude" and move on. Then he won't feel the need to keep attempting to defend himself, starting the cycle over.
Don't take out your frustration with RM, et al, on this perennial optimist. It's like a broken record echo chamber in here.

Fo sho. Very junior high up in this mo fo.

#25696 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Plus, for obvious reasons, it might actually matter if someone confuses "inflammable" for "non-flammable." I doubt anyone's died or been badly burned as a result of screwing up "couldn't care less."

#25697 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Every time he tries to clarify what he thought, a dogpile ensues. Try, "whatever dude" and move on. Then he won't feel the need to keep attempting to defend himself, starting the cycle over.

Nothing else to talk about in this thread as the rest will be tied up for years in court.

Info has dried up.

Snooze fest from here on out for awhile.

#25698 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

Fo sho. Very junior high up in this mo fo.

Never thought a Stan Rogers reference would put us over the line, but there you go.

#25699 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Exactly. Hes not the type of guy to admit his own failures or take accountability for his actions. It'll always be somebody elses fault, bad luck, not enough time, or insert your own sad excuse here. He had (has) delusions of grandeur and that ain't going away

YES!! Just like Jpop- whom I’m not sure ever apologized for his eventual ponzu scheme selling more unmade games to pay for current unmade games. This SEC stuff most certainly was simply more Covid fallout, like all the delays this year on RAZA . No fault of RM… nevermind the scamming started well before Covid.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 514 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/514?hl=pinlink and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.