Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 513 of 672.
#25601 2 years ago

Even if we assume the minimum - that all investors chose the 5% per annum option over the course of 4 years - that would have required $11.6m in payouts during DR active period of 2016-2028. 16% of total raised just to "pay the Ponzi"

Worse, assuming many chose the 7% after 5 years, this would have to also be per annum otherwise why would you choose it? Bam now you're at 20m, fully a third of all monies raised. These notes would have come due this year.

I'm wondering if DR didn't service all of the 5% debt because it simply couldn't afford to and these unpaid gains are what got the SEC on their trail.

#25602 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

What I meant was a PR person from day 1. Things may have been different from the start if you did not insult your competition. If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

You don’t get it. He used money illegally from day one.

#25603 2 years ago

What I meant was a PR person from day 1. Things may have been different from the start if you did not insult your competition. If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

You seem like a decent person.
So I don't think you are trolling us. But this is getting ridiculous.
I just don't understand how you keep failing to see that Deeproot was a massively corrupt enterprise from the beginnig. It was ALL STOLEN MONEY.

#25604 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

These notes would have come due this year.
I'm wondering if DR didn't service all of the 5% debt because it simply couldn't afford to and these unpaid gains are what got the SEC on their trail.

The lack of additional funding alone would have sunk deeproot right about now. You can’t keep employees ($750k/mo) if you furlough and refuse to pay them. You can’t buy material or equipment to build RAZA’s if you don’t have money. You can’t pay rent ($750k annual lease for TX) with Monopoly money. In addition to the immediate problems caused by running out of money, there’s also an inability to pay interest to inverstors if there’s no money. This tends to piss off investors and may cause someone to file a fiduciary complaint. Also an investor reading about Robert and deeproot scam, may have become concerned about how they were making money and requested a due diligence investigation.

Well the SEC investigation stopped Deeproot dead in their tracks. When they discovered non-existent record keeping by deeproot’s fund advisor, they knew this was the big CON. From their records search the SEC was able to piece together a detailed analysis of Robert’s personal and company spending to prove FRAUD.

#25605 2 years ago

This all brings up an interesting point:

Was there a gifted PR person at any time involved in Deep Root?

It is just THAT easy to steal people’s life savings?

It can’t be that simple can it? Surely you need a top flight comms department to pull something like this off these days?

Based on the point-and-laugh press releases and promos deep root pinball put out, it’s certainly easy to tell they never hired one for the pinball con.

#25606 2 years ago

Was reading an article about MOP closing and came across this line:

The museum touts the largest collection of classic pinball and arcade games in the world. Some of the pinball titles include Addams Family Gold
Special,'' Big Bang Bar,'' and Magic Girl.''

Out of 1000 pinball machines they pick Magic Girl to make the top 3 call out ? I don’t think it even qualifies as a real pinball machine at this point. More artistic concept of a pinball. And ya know maybe that’s the problem here all along. DR was more focused on the concept of pinball than actuall building any pinball and had John as their number one cheerleader and most skilled practitioner on that count.

#25607 2 years ago

I get it that it WAS A SCAM! All I am saying is many things could of been different with the right people. Not Robert being a dictator & a criminal. Like I have said no production was done. If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years. The stupid Video division was the big money drain with all the employees. Big offices were another big drain, & add on the pinball staff who you need for a pinball company.

#25608 2 years ago

many things could of been different with the right people. Not Robert being a dictator & a criminal. Like I have said no production was done. If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years. The stupid Video division was the big money drain with all the employees. Big offices were another big drain, & add on the pinball staff who you need for a pinball company.

So, hell would be great if Satan wasn't Satan.... Gotcha

#25609 2 years ago

If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

captain obvious (resized).jpgcaptain obvious (resized).jpg
#25610 2 years ago

If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years.

That’s like saying “if deeproot wasn’t deeproot, maybe a game could have been made”. You just keep spewing nonsensical arguments and hypotheticals. Just stop already.

“If games were finished & produced…” HELLO that is the whole challenge to start with! … you might as well say “if pinball was actually easy, maybe deeproot would have survived “. Just stupid tslk.

I got news for you…. RAZA is a turd. Accept it already and stop thinking someone is gonna save it. Anyone that dumb is gonna burn through their resources too.

#25611 2 years ago

If wishes were fishes, beggars would eat.
(or something like that)

#25612 2 years ago
_20210908_181159.JPG_20210908_181159.JPG
#25613 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If wishes were fishes, beggars would eat.
(or something like that)

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

#25614 2 years ago

If they had a decent PR person there would be a shit ton more scammed pinball guys, I'm glad they sucked at PR, stopped many more ppl being burned!

#25615 2 years ago

I hope my RAZA will de done soon,it’s taking a long time man…

#25616 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

What I don't understand is how fast some say they got money back from their credit cards. Some were saying that about 10 days after the SEC filing. How do you have a credit card dispute get solved that fast ? I would think the credit card has to give notice and wait for a response for some period of time to the party that the dispute is filed against. Could be wrong, but it is surprising the speed at which charge backs were completed.

I'm also amazed if CC companies don't investigate this further.
Everyone who asks a refund conveniently forgets to tell the CC company they signed a contract that the money was non-refundable..

No problem if deeproot is totally dead and Robert doesn't answer any email/call anymore.
But should someone answer the CC company and show them the contracts everyone signed, then the money goes to deeproot ?

#25617 2 years ago

This guy has finally met his match. Greatwichjohn!

As others mentioned, you seem like a nice guy but repeating the same things and expecting different results is pure insanity. Ask me, I should know.

672D6AE7-007E-42FA-8E79-555F8873B525 (resized).png672D6AE7-007E-42FA-8E79-555F8873B525 (resized).png
#25618 2 years ago

I get it that it WAS A SCAM! All I am saying is many things could of been different with the right people. Not Robert being a dictator & a criminal. Like I have said no production was done. If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years. The stupid Video division was the big money drain with all the employees. Big offices were another big drain, & add on the pinball staff who you need for a pinball company.

Do you just need someone to agree? If so, you are right! If this wasn't a scam, things might have turned out differently. That said it's like calling out the public relations person for White Star Lines. That wasn't the problem.

#25619 2 years ago

This thread used to be cool . I remember when we used to talk about our Shit box cars , ah the good old days

#25620 2 years ago

474E0A42-DCD9-4CEE-9C9D-1FB32962A8B6.gif474E0A42-DCD9-4CEE-9C9D-1FB32962A8B6.gif
#25621 2 years ago

I get it that it WAS A SCAM! All I am saying is many things could of been different with the right people. Not Robert being a dictator & a criminal. Like I have said no production was done. If JPOP & his games were finished & produced way back at the start. Maybe Deeproot Pinball would have survived, but not with all the bullshit lies Robert said & did over the years.

I know that Stern is A SUCCESSFUL COMPANY! All I'm saying is that if Gary Stern had not taken on investors and had hired the wrong people and made bad decisions, they would be bankrupt right now.

Why is my hypothetical of the obvious not being understood.

#25622 2 years ago

So you are saying without robert and Jpop it could of done well ...........
so you mean like a completely different company

#25623 2 years ago

Don't forgot how deeproot was doing mostly original titles, another reason it never would have worked.

#25624 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Don't forgot how deeproot was doing mostly original titles, another reason it never would have worked.

i think you meant unlicensed. fire and brimstone is not original, this guy ben came up with that one.

#25625 2 years ago

Yup John and Robert both stole the idea from me because they're talentless hacks. (John created one of his famous dummy sites creationpinball.org in 2014)

Speaking of PR nobody in their right mind would tell you to name a risky concept like a Bible game "Fire and Brimstone" but again, Robert has no clue.

Well speaking of religion, I'm off to the funeral of my atheists uncle's wife.

#25626 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I thought the saying was: "if onlys and buts were candies and nuts, then everyday would be Erntedankfest."

#25627 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I thought the saying was: "if onlys and buts were candies and nuts, then everyday would be Erntedankfest."

I think the original saying (excuse any grammatical or translation errors here) is something like "If RAZA's were manufactured, Robert Mueller would still be on his way to prison for defrauding his 575 investors."

#25628 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Everyone who asks a refund conveniently forgets to tell the CC company they signed a contract that the money was non-refundable..
No problem if deeproot is totally dead and Robert doesn't answer any email/call anymore.
But should someone answer the CC company and show them the contracts everyone signed, then the money goes to deeproot ?

The nonrefundable contractual provision is, in my interpretation, inconsequential. That's because the deposits are, by implication, contingent upon delivery of the purchased product.

These transactions are governed by the Uniform Commercial Code and other laws of commerce. These deposits were not denominated as "investments" in the transactions themselves, even though we often characterize them as such here in this thread.

Conversely, the 575 fund was indeed an investment, subject to very different strictures.

#25629 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Non-delivery >> Non-refundable

It's basically failed to execute/deliver... and the merchant isn't there to fight back either.

#25630 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

and the merchant isn't there to fight back either.

Why would he ... it's not his money

#25631 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:What I meant was a PR person from day 1. Things may have been different from the start if you did not insult your competition. If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

You need to study up on how a con man works.

#25632 2 years ago

I'm gonna try and help you out buddy. If you post anything positive about Deeproot or JPoop you will get down voted. If you post anything negative about Deeproot or JPoop you might get up voted. If you are in business, or are going to go into business with JPoop No one can help you. You will fail and lose money. Hope this helps...

#25633 2 years ago

FB_IMG_1631119908301 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1631119908301 (resized).jpg
#25634 2 years ago

many things could of been different

Yes, Up could have been down, left could have been right, and black could have been white... yes, and Jpop could have been a easily managed visionary table designer, and RM could have been a more honest and effective CEO. However, none of this is true, will ever be true, nor will it ever come to be true....

Let me tell you a joke...

So, GWJ calls his local pinball distributor...

"Hello, North Midwest distributing, how can we help you?"

GWJ- "Yes, I would like to order a Radio Active Zombie Adventureland pinball machine..."

"I am sorry sir we don't carry deeproot, they went out of business..."

GWJ- "Oh, ok, well then let me order a RAZA machine..."

"Sir, we do not carry deeproot products, they are no longer in the industry, it was a scam..."

GWJ- "Ah, well then I guess how about Alice in Wonderland or Food Truck...."

"Sir, can you spell 'pop' like in John Popadiuk?"

GWJ- "Sure, P-O-P"

"Ok, can you spell 'rob' as in Robert Meuller?"

GWJ- "yes, R-O-B"

"Good, now can you spell 'fuck' like in deeproot?"

GWJ- "There ain't no 'fuck' in deeproot"

"And that is what we have been trying to tell you for the last 20 pages..."

#25635 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Is that like Festivus?

#25636 2 years ago

Breaking news...

Like I have said no production was done.

That said, they did produce two prototypes that the crew at DR seemed more than happy to prop up, despite the fact they must have known that the company didn't have anything close to what it needed to manufacture competent, arcade quality machines.

Unfortunately, @greatwichjohn, this isn't a could-a been should-a been situation. It's a disgrace, is what it is.

#25637 2 years ago

Remember when it was announced that Paul Faris joined deeproot? Whatever happened with that?

Quoted from DennisNordman:

I’m happy to announce that Paul Faris has joined the deeproot pinball team. Paul is legendary in the pinball world for his hand-painted backglasses. Paul will be working on several games, but I’m most excited to be working with him on my original theme pinball game. It’s a theme that we are both passionate about, and I think the pinball world will love it. I’ve had the good fortune to work with many of the great pinball artists including Tony Ramunni, Pat McMahan, Kevin O’Connor, John Youssi, and Greg Freres. Now, Paul will do a hand painted backglass for my deeproot game. I want to thank Robert for bringing him on board, and for allowing me to do one of my dream themes for pinball.

#25638 2 years ago

When are more employees going to provide more info & pictures. You would of thought more info would of leaked out by now.

#25639 2 years ago

When are more employees going to provide more info & pictures. You would of thought more info would of leaked out by now.

Are you viewing this thread from the shiny side of a one way mirror?

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#25640 2 years ago

Many probably moved on and could care less about pinball.

#25641 2 years ago

Robert is charged by the SEC but he still retains control of the deeproot funds. I highly doubt anyone wants to risk being sued by him. Leaks will come after it’s clear he’s unable to sue anyone

#25642 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Robert is charged by the SEC but he still retains control of the deeproot funds. I highly doubt anyone wants to risk being sued by him. Leaks will come after it’s clear he’s unable to sue anyone

Just speculating, the 575 fund people will likely do a class action suit?

#25643 2 years ago

The doobies must be incredible where you live.

#25644 2 years ago

So... when do we get a photo of Bobby doing the perp walk?

#25645 2 years ago

I used this template before, but I just couldn't help myself...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#25646 2 years ago

Do we think we will ever see another DeepRoot update or statement from RM or do we think this will now just play out in court and we will get all further updates there? I mean what does RM even say at this point now that he’s been exposed and humiliated (rightfully so?)

#25647 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Do we think we will ever see another DeepRoot update or statement from RM or do we think this will now just play out in court and we will get all further updates there? I mean what does RM even say at this point now that he’s been exposed and humiliated (rightfully so?)

I’m looking forward to the court hearing even if it’s just Robert pleading the fifth

#25648 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Do we think we will ever see another DeepRoot update or statement from RM or do we think this will now just play out in court and we will get all further updates there?

If RM is listening to his lawyers you won’t hear peep from him until any and all litigation is resolved (which will probably take years). RM is a loudmouth dumb dumb so it’s not impossible, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

#25649 2 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Do you really think RM looks at it as being "exposed and humiliated"? I don't. I think he's going to work at his investment companies explaining to anyone who presses him on it that he's unjustly accused by people who don't understand how his successful fund management strategies are good for all his investors and would have paid off in time. Probably blaming anyone or anything convenient for any setbacks.

#25650 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Do you really think RM looks at it as being "exposed and humiliated"? I don't. I think he's going to work at his investment companies explaining to anyone who presses him on it that he's unjustly accused by people who don't understand how his successful fund management strategies are good for all his investors and would have paid off in time. Probably blaming anyone or anything convenient for any setbacks.

Exactly. Hes not the type of guy to admit his own failures or take accountability for his actions. It'll always be somebody elses fault, bad luck, not enough time, or insert your own sad excuse here. He had (has) delusions of grandeur and that ain't going away

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 513 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/513 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.