Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240411_062859517 (resized).jpg
IMG_2583.gif
deeprootcapital-401-2024.04.01.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

360 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 512 of 672.
#25551 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

There's only one thing to make this all better....
[quoted image]

Yes, oral and throat cancer will make this whole DeepRoot thing seem like a walk in the park.

#25552 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, oral and throat cancer will make this whole DeepRoot thing seem like a walk in the park.

You said it! I'm glad that you don't smoke, drink, do drugs or wear leather...

#25553 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

get over it Im lazy!

#25554 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

You said it! I'm glad that you don't smoke, drink, do drugs or wear leather...

Thanks for the support. Glad to know you're in my corner!

#25555 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I am amazed at how many reasonably educated individuals struggle with expressing decimals and percentages. It's not even math, it's basic arithmetic....

Fully capable without a struggle
Just a simple mistake I made by not fully paying attention

#25556 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I like South Korea cause there real smart.
[quoted image]

I bet SK doesn't reach stupid shit, like the US does. They are about teaching, not indoctrination.

#25557 2 years ago

Oh man, I am so obsessed with Jpop I can't even enjoy enjoy my north woods fishing trip!

What will I do with my life now???

PXL_20210906_174903346 (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_174903346 (resized).jpg
#25558 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I bet SK doesn't reach stupid shit, like the US does. They are about teaching, not indoctrination.

Don't be too sure. These are drawings SK children made about Japan (taken at a school display). Plenty of indoctrination happening here.

There's some funny stuff in there (Japan as an island of poo, Japan flag TP on fire) but mostly it's just sad.

Korean Kids pictures (resized).pngKorean Kids pictures (resized).png

#25559 2 years ago

Robert, shown below with the box he trapped Guy Fieri in after stealing his haircare regimen.

Robert Fieri (resized).pngRobert Fieri (resized).png
#25560 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Oh man, I am so obsessed with Jpop I can't even enjoy enjoy my north woods fishing trip!
What will I do with my life now???[quoted image]

That looks great !

#25561 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What will I do with my life now???

Cigars and tequila?

#25562 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:That looks great !

welcome committee has arrived.

bens fishing hole (resized).jpgbens fishing hole (resized).jpg
#25563 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't be too sure. These are drawings SK children made about Japan (taken at a school display). Plenty of indoctrination happening here.
There's some funny stuff in there (Japan as an island of poo, Japan flag TP on fire) but mostly it's just sad.
[quoted image]

You do know about the occupation, right? The details?

#25564 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That looks great !

Yeah! Did a bar crawl yesterday including The Fernwood an ancient hole-in-the-wall with actual holes in the wall and a United "Gold Nugget" Puck bowler all the Minnesota Millenials love to play. Bought a pack of microwave pork rinds for $1.50!

PXL_20210905_185217810 (resized).jpgPXL_20210905_185217810 (resized).jpg
#25565 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Fully capable without a struggle
Just a simple mistake I made by not fully paying attention

I agree, 1000%

#25566 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You do know about the occupation, right? The details?

Of course. That started OVER 100 YEARS ago. It ENDED like 80 years ago. Time to move on. Prompting small children to make stuff like that 80 years later is sad. Have trade disputes, teach the history, leave that VERY OLD stuff in the past.

#25567 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Bought a pack of microwave pork rinds for $1.50!
[quoted image]

We had a takeout place that made fresh pork rinds daily. It was fantastic. They had to close due to repeated vandalism/break-ins (they were not in a great part of town). Total bummer.

#25568 2 years ago

Looks like Bens working on the scary woods for Scooby Doo pin.

Moonlighting up at Crystal Lake camp?

#25569 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Watch out! Jpop might be hiding in the lake ready to phish some poor sucker!!!

#25570 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Watch out! Jpop might be hiding in the lake ready to phish some poor sucker!!!

The Creature from the Purple Lagoon!

#25571 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Man posts “I am not obsessed with jpop” while posting more about jpop

#25572 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I like South Korea cause there real smart.
[quoted image]

I like Finland. Top scores for happiness too (and they have Hesburger).

#25573 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I like Finland. Top scores for happiness too (and they have Hesburger).

We also have the hottest prime minister, please don't forget that

#25574 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Sanna Marin!

#25575 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

oh yeah

Conan-OBrien (resized).jpgConan-OBrien (resized).jpg
#25576 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Apologies in advance for this

(I'd prefer Finland to the UK though, to be fair!).

#25577 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

oh yeah[quoted image]

That was one of the previous presidents of Finland. The current prime minister is Sanna Marin:

Finland Prime Minister (resized).jpegFinland Prime Minister (resized).jpeg
#25578 2 years ago

Now 512 pages about a company that never made ANYTHING! How many more pages are needed before people figure out they're wasting their time? If anything deeproot figured out it was PR ... he should start a public relations firm because he knows how to make an omelet without an egg.

#25579 2 years ago

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF PONZI.
Or to escape this thread.

icon-quality (resized).pngicon-quality (resized).png
#25580 2 years ago

Deeproot needed a real PR person. Not Robert is what we have learned.

#25581 2 years ago

It was the lack of a PR department that caused the problem????

#25582 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF PONZI.
Or to escape this thread.
[quoted image]

They needed a hammer tested Ponzi scheme

#25583 2 years ago

Better PR on the 575 fund might have made the Ponzi scheme bigger.

Better PR for deeproot pinball just would have gotten a little bigger batch of gullible people to preorder and maybe Ice and another guy would have ordered 3 or 4 a piece instead of 1 and 2 each.

What I don't understand is how fast some say they got money back from their credit cards. Some were saying that about 10 days after the SEC filing. How do you have a credit card dispute get solved that fast ? I would think the credit card has to give notice and wait for a response for some period of time to the party that the dispute is filed against. Could be wrong, but it is surprising the speed at which charge backs were completed.

Not much new to discuss until some other Federal agencies issue indictments and criminal charges. It'll be coming. That's the Pre-order that will be filled.

People need to quit jumping in on these doomed goofy pinball start up schemes and fiascos.

#25584 2 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

While true, this is like saying “The Titanic needed more seating.”

#25585 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Better PR on the 575 fund might have made the Ponzi scheme bigger.
Better PR for deeproot pinball just would have gotten a little bigger batch of gullible people to preorder and maybe Ice and another guy would have ordered 3 or 4 a piece instead of 1 and 2 each.
What I don't understand is how fast some say they got money back from their credit cards. Some were saying that about 10 days after the SEC filing. How do you have a credit card dispute get solved that fast ? I would think the credit card has to give notice and wait for a response for some period of time to the party that the dispute is filed against. Could be wrong, but it is surprising the speed at which charge backs were completed.
Not much new to discuss until some other Federal agencies issue indictments and criminal charges. It'll be coming. That's the Pre-order that will be filled.
People need to quit jumping in on these doomed goofy pinball start up schemes and fiascos.

On the credit card dispute, if I dispute a charge the credit card company immediately gives me money back. However, they claw it back if it is resolved in the retail outlets favor.

#25586 2 years ago

Deeproot needed more honesty and less law breakers. Instead, it was probably, and allegedly, the most criminal pinball company the world has ever seen.

#25587 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

On the credit card dispute, if I dispute a charge the credit card company immediately gives me money back. However, they claw it back if it is resolved in the retail outlets favor.

Ok - It has been years since I have had to do one and it took at least a billing cycle or two to get it completed.

#25588 2 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

oh yeah[quoted image]

I see 2 Ben Hecks.

#25589 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yeah! Did a bar crawl yesterday including The Fernwood an ancient hole-in-the-wall with actual holes in the wall and a United "Gold Nugget" Puck bowler all the Minnesota Millenials love to play. Bought a pack of microwave pork rinds for $1.50!
[quoted image]

I've been to some bars with actual holes in the wall...left them with a glorious smile on my face. Hope you had fun!

#25590 2 years ago

Was the PR person going to prevent this dude from committing massive fraud???? Come on....

#25591 2 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25592 2 years ago

This whole thing reminds me of The Producers.

oqiZYSLs4MlPOqzYq9GB3osGfcGfi3ffpdJoHKOoC5w (resized).jpgoqiZYSLs4MlPOqzYq9GB3osGfcGfi3ffpdJoHKOoC5w (resized).jpg

oqiZYSLs4MlPOqzYq9GB3osGfcGfi3ffpdJoHKOoC5w (resized).jpgoqiZYSLs4MlPOqzYq9GB3osGfcGfi3ffpdJoHKOoC5w (resized).jpg

#25593 2 years ago

So...you think that if only deeproot had the right hype man, they would be building games right now? That's your takeaway from all this?

Nevermind the SEC investigation and all that....

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2021/comp25179.pdf

https://www.wealthmanagement.com/regulation-compliance/sec-charges-texas-advisor-defrauding-investors-retirees-58m

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/08/21/game-over-for-deeproot-pinball/

#25594 2 years ago

Imagine what a real PR person could do to deceive people even further?

**This is parody**

I hope this email finds you well. I am Deeproot's new PR associate. I would like to address some concerns as of late.
1. This SEC investigation is simply that, an investigation. We are fighting this slanderous lawsuit with full force. Don't believe me? Just ask Barry Oursler
"This is a publicity stunt" - Barry O.
2. There are rumors that we have run out of funding. That can't be further from the truth. Robert has made some very strategic investments over the course of his career and can sustain the company with his own funding for many years to come.
3. There are also rumors that the building has been abandoned since July. This is also false. In order to conserve funding, we have cancelled our landscaping contract. They left their gas can behind in a rush to leave. As far as empty parking lots, these photos were taken on the weekend so of course there would be nobody there. We have also dug a secret underground tunnel so that employees can safely come to work without being questioned by nosy pinsiders waiting in the parking lot. So the next time you see an empty parking lot during the week, this is why. We can't let our secrets get out what we're working on behind the scenes. We will also be putting up some blinds to cover the windows to prevent paparazi's from acquiring any more photos of the inside of our buildings.
4. All our pinballs inside our break room have been sold off. We have learned all we're going to learn from the competitors, which is that our designs are light years ahead. We choose to look ahead, not look behind.

#25595 2 years ago

I recommend P. T. Barnum.

#25596 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

In my experience (not with derproot, just in general) the CC companies do a chargeback right away, and then do their investigation. If it goes your way, it stays. If it doesn't they reverse it and it comes back out of your account.

#25597 2 years ago

What I meant was a PR person from day 1. Things may have been different from the start if you did not insult your competition. If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

#25598 2 years ago

Great news for Barry O. and his Food Truck game. I found the perfect place to have them built right here in Las Vegas.

In case Barry can't get experts John the Pop or the Great; I'm sure he can poach some Bally & Williams production and procurement experts as they are only six miles away at Scientific Games....

20210907_150701 (resized).jpg20210907_150701 (resized).jpg20210502_152158 (resized).jpg20210502_152158 (resized).jpg
#25599 2 years ago

What I meant was a PR person from day 1. Things may have been different from the start if you did not insult your competition. If they had a actual plan to start building actual games within days with a real production line.

None of this matters. The money to start deeproot pinball was stolen from day 1. No amount of PR can change that. A PR person can’t unsteal money. A PR person couldn’t stop Robert from thinking he knows everything and spending accordingly. A PR person wouldn’t be able to make hiring decisions , like the disasterous hiring of JPOP. A PR person couldn’t unacquire an animation studio in SLC.

What is ironic is, right now every single pinball manufacturer is overwhelmed with demand. American, Stern, spooky. Quite literally this is the best time to launch a pinball company because there’s no inventory and if people want a new game they gotta wait. It’s the best time to launch and deeproot failed to sell more than 100 preorders of their first game.

#25600 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Great news for Barry O. and his Food Truck game. I found the perfect place to have them built right here in Las Vegas.
In case Barry can't get experts John the Pop or the Great; I'm sure he can poach some Bally & Williams production and procurement experts as they are only six miles away at Scientific Games....
[quoted image][quoted image]

A well known and Fancy car makes another appearance!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Midlothian, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 33,559 posts in this topic. You are on page 512 of 672.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twip-is-deeproot-the-next-misadventure-or-a-pinball-revolution/page/512 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.